Young Justice: The Lightning...

By young-warrior120

(Season 1) ✅After Black Canary and Green Arrow discover a boy with no memory of his life, Canary takes the bo... More

OC BIO
Prologue
Independence Day
Fireworks
Welcome To Happy Harbor
Drop Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
New BIO
Bereft
Showdown With A God
Homefront
Revelation
Family Matters
Failsafe
Movie Night
Secrets
Misplaced
The Last Prophecy
Coldhearted
Insecuritiy
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintance
Announcement (im really getting tired of this)
Season 2 BIO
Happy New Year
Reunion
Alienated
Depth
Desertion
Vote (not a chapter)
Stage Three
Before The Dawn
The Truth
Story Of Ragnorak
Death Of A God
The Summit
Endgame
Season 3 BIO
A Luxury
The New Lightning Rod
Two Years Later
The New Prophecy
The Future
A Fate Far Worse Than Death
It's In The Past
Tartarus
The Tragedy Of Patrick Lance
Earth 68
The Day
A Few Minutes Left
He's Back
Season 4 bio
Starting Over
The Party
The Wedding Of The Century
The Titan War
Mother And Son
True Lesson
Epilouge
Final author message

Confession

845 19 1
By young-warrior120

(A/N: another short chapter)

Confession

MOUNT JUSTICE

OCTOBER 15TH

Artemis was sitting on the couch the team was staying in the living room when the Zeta Tube opened

Recognized Wonder Girl B-0-9

Lightning Rod B-0-2

Donna and Patrick walked in from the tube and sat with the team. Artemis felt her heart twirl again but was interrupted by Dinah walking in.

Dinah: Artemis, please come to my office.

Artemis got up and shot a look at Donna, the amazon completely oblivious. Artemis followed Dinah to her office and sat in the large green chair. Dinah sat on the couch across.

Dinah: so start from the beginning, what bothered you most.

Artemis: hey, there's nothing that effected me, I was the first to go, no trauma.

Dinah: I know, your to tough to need help, or to though to admit you need help. Yet, something's still hurting you.

Artemis: whatever, maybe.

Dinah: is it, how your "death" affected Patrick?

Artemis: well, yeah, that's part of it.

Dinah: good start. Artemis, you know Patrick trust you right? The team does to. Yet you still keep secrets from them.

Artemis: you can't tell them! You can't!

Dinah: I wont, but you should, Patrick already knows your not Arrow's niece. Maybe you could tell him.

Artemis: yeah right, he'd never trust me again, I'm not ruining that.

Dinah: so he's who your most concerned about. Your feelings for him aren't from nowhere. He was the first person to ever really trust you.

Artemis: yeah I have feelings for him, but he's with Donna now, no chance for me anymore.

Dinah: you think— oh god.

Artemis: what?

Dinah: Artemis, they're siblings.

Artemis: what?!

Dinah: Donna told him in the simulation. They've been spending time together to bond, not because they're dating.

Artemis: so they aren't,

Dinah: yup

Artemis: I feel so stupid.

Dinah: don't lose your chance again, but let me talk to Patrick first.

Artemis: ok...

MEANWHILE

Dinah: Patrick, come to my office.

Patrick stood up, walking past Artemis who whispered in his ear.

Artemis: talk to me later

Patrick: ok

He followed Dinah to her office and sat in the green chair, while Dinah sat across on the couch.

Dinah: so, talk to me.

Patrick: well, when you died, I was so full of rage, I hadn't been that angry ever, but when Artemis died, it broke me, I promised you I wouldn't kill after Heimdall, but when she died, I swore to kill every last one of them. And I hated myself for it. I broke the promise I made to you, on your grave.

Dinah: Patrick, you were angry, and you had every right to be, but you didn't kill anyone. You also have to accept that one day, me and Ollie aren't going to be here. You have to accept that death is a fight you can never win. In order to avoid killing, you have to do that. Accept death, and try your hardest to move on. On a side note, how was it find out you had a sister?

Patrick: well, it was nice to know that I'm not alone.

Dinah you never were. If you need me, you know where to look.

Patrick: thanks, mom

Dinah's eyes went wide but she smiled sweetly as Patrick walked out.

When Patrick reached the living room he saw Artemis beckon him to the training room. He followed her and the two stood there staring into each others eyes.

They both spoke at the same time

Artemis: Patrick-

Patrick: Artemis-

They both nervously laughed.

Patrick: you first.

Artemis: well, uhm basically. Oh screw it, Patrick, I have feelings for you. As in more then a friend type feelings. I just wanted to get it out of the way, but if you don't feel the same way than...

Patrick: Artemis, wait, I have had the same feelings, and I have for awhile. But I was to scared to admit it, then the training simulator where you...

Artemis: died?

Patrick: yeah, that made me realize How valuable time is.

Artemis: so uhm, you would like to go out with me?

Patrick: (smiling) of course, come to my place tomorrow?

Artemis: (smiling) sure, I'd like that.

There hands intertwined and they walked towards the tube, hand in hand. Artemis stopped last second.

Artemis: another thing,

Patrick: what?

Artemis: well, Wally has a thing for Donna...

Patrick: oh, well he better not hurt her, wait how do you know that?

Artemis: are you kidding? Wally can barley keep his composure with her. But that's not why I'm mentioning it.

Patrick: then why—

Artemis: Wally thinks you and Donna are dating.

Patrick: oh! Come on!

He bolted towards the living room leaving Artemis there laughing hysterically.

Ten minutes later he ran back sprinting.

Artemis: you told him?

Patrick: yup, I think he nearly puked.

Artemis let out a laugh.

Patrick: I also told him about our date, and he was wondering if he could join us with Donna.

Artemis: that'd be great.

Patrick couldn't help by get lost in her stormy grey eyes, Artemis too lost in Patrick's hazel bronze eyes, their faces slowly got closer until Patrick wrapped his arms around her waist, Artemis wrapped hers around his neck and they each pulled in for the kiss.

This was easily the best moment of both their lives. The kiss was slow but calming. They pulled apart after a few seconds and stared into each other's eyes

Artemis: see you tomorrow Thunder Brain.

Patrick: Goodnight Artemis

The two walked to the tubes and went home.

( finally the moment y'all were waiting for. Hope you enjoyed this very short chapter and that's all for now, until next time. PEACE!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 425 11
WELCOME OLD AND NEW READERS, I hope you like my new and improved story! You meet the team after helping them fight the Injustice league with your li...
94.9K 4K 57
Now calling herself "Jade," a girl must delve into the risky business of cat burglary in attempts to keep her sister safe from a dangerous past. As t...
586K 22.2K 51
When Batman gives Robin (Dick Grayson) the Okay to tell the team his identity, he decides to let them try and guess it which results in a lot of trol...
230K 8.2K 38
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...