Auror's Son | Book 4 Harry Po...

By Mordecur

Raven puts the vision he had last year in the back of his mind, hopeful towards the future. The Quidditch Wor... More

Chapter 1: The Burrow
Chapter 2: Portkey's and Tents
Chapter 3: Veela and Death Eaters
Chapter 4: Winky
Chapter 5: Godfather
Chapter 6: Ferret
Chapter 7: Discomfort and Flashbacks
Chapter 8: The Goblet of Fire
Chapter 9: The Champions
Chapter 10: Support
Chapter 11: Rita Skeeter
Chapter 12: Norberta
Chapter 13: Getting Dates
Chapter 14: The Yule Ball
Chapter 15: Hogsmeade with Mum
Chapter 16: Mermaid's Lament
Chapter 17: Suspicions
Chapter 18: Daphne's Birthday
Chapter 19: Pensieve
Chapter 21: Agony
Chapter 22: Grief
Chapter 23: Hope
Chapter 24: Raven
Chapter 25: Memories

Chapter 20: The Calm Before the Storm.

297 11 3
By Mordecur

3rd Person POV

Raven began telling Luna and Jasper what he saw in Dumbledore's office, aside from the part about Neville's parents, once he got back into the Ravenclaw common room. "This just gets even more confusing!" Jasper said frustrated, throwing his hands in the air.

"I think you're right to be suspicious about Dumbledore hiding something between him and Snape from you and Harry." Luna said. "As wise as he is, it doesn't feel right hiding it, especially since it could potentially endanger you both."

"I hear you, Luna." Raven sighed, running a hand through his hair. He was sitting down on the couch, staring at the blue fire thinking. "There's unfortunately not much we can do except prepare for the third task."

"Well, is there anything you'd like to learn that you don't already know?" Jasper asked.

"Is there a spell that you know where I could make a quick get away?" Raven asked. "A Disillusionment Charm wouldn't be useful if an enemy sees me use it."

"Yeah, there's the Smokescreen Charm." Jasper replied. "It creates a defensive cloud of smoke to hinder visibility. You could easily slip away with it's help."

"That could work." Raven said nodding. "Can you meet me by the lake tomorrow and teach it to me?"

"Of course." Jasper said. "Any others you'd like to learn?"

"I think that's it." Raven replied getting up. "I know plenty of others already thanks to Mum, but even lesser spells could always help. Afterwards, though, I need to make sure Harry learns some more too."

"Got it." Jasper nodded. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow around lunch then?"

"Yeah, that'll be a good time to practice." Raven said. "Goodnight." He smiled to them.

"Goodnight, Raven." Luna and Jasper said as Raven departed to his dorm.

The next day at lunch, Jasper was teaching Raven the Smokescreen Charm near the Black Lake. They had informed Daphne about what happened, and she was just as equally confused and worried. She was sitting next to Luna, who was petting Uri, while she petted Chase, as they were both watching Jasper and Raven practice.

"Alright, Raven." Jasper began. "The wand movement for the Smokescreen Charm is a clockwise swirl." He instructed with is wand. "And the Incantation is Fumos." Raven nodded and began practicing.

It wasn't a difficult spell, so Raven managed to get it down rather quickly. Once the smoke was heavy and Raven's silhouette disappeared, he decided to use a Disillusionment Charm to keep his presence hidden.

Once it cleared, his friends wondered where he went. "Raven?" Jasper called looking around. Chase climbed on Daphne's shoulders and looked behind her. Uri looked in the direction Chase was, and Luna smiled, knowing what Raven was up to.

"Rawr!" Raven shouted from behind Daphne, grabbing her waist. Daphne yelped jumping up from her seat. Chase jumped from her shoulders and into Raven's arms as he appeared. Raven, Luna, and Jasper broke into a laughter as Daphne turned around.

"Raven!" Daphne pouted, her cheeks a little red.

"Haha, he got you good." Jasper chuckled

"I'll admit that was good." Daphne scoffed. "But I'll get you back for this." She pointed at Raven.

"By all means, you can go ahead and try, Greengrass." Raven taunted.

"Challenge accepted, Mordecur." Daphne retorted, crossing her arms and smirking.

Will you two just kiss already? Jasper mentally sighed.

Raven, along with Ron and Hermione were helping Harry with more spells to learn before the final task. He managed to master the Impediment Curse, the Reductor Curse, the Four-Point Spell, and he was still trying to get down the Shield Charm Raven had taught him near the start of the tournament.

"You're still doing really well, though." Hermione said encouragingly.

"I agree, you've almost got it down really well." Raven said. "Let's go again." He raised his wand. Harry did the same and got ready.

After quite a few more attempts, Harry was able to conjure a strong Shield Charm.

Raven and Daphne joined Harry during the morning of the final task at the Gryffindor table. Many people wished them good luck, and Harry received a letter from Sirius with a paw print on it. A copy of the Daily Prophet arrived and it had an article Rita Skeeter wrote, saying that Harry's disturbed and dangerous. It mentioned his scar hurting in Divination, and him secretly being a Dark wizard because he can speak Parseltongue.

"Gone off me a bit, hasn't she?" Harry said lightly, folding up the paper.

"That's one way of putting it." Raven said, taking another bite of his toast.

"How did she know your scar hurt in Divination?" Ron asked. "There's no way she was there, there's no way she could've heard-"

"The window was open." Harry said.

"You were at the top of the North Tower!" Hermione said. "Your voice couldn't have carried all the way down to the grounds!"

"Well, you're the one who's supposed to be researching magical methods of bugging!" Harry said. "You tell me how she did it!"

"I've been trying!" Hermione said. "But I...but..." Hermione seemed to have realized something. "I've had an idea." Hermione said, gazing into space. "I think I know...because then no one would be able to see...even Moody...and she'd have been able to get onto the window ledge...but she's not allowed...she's definitely not allowed...I think we've got her! Just give me two seconds in the library-just to make sure!" Hermione grabbed her school bag and bolted our of the Great Hall.

"Oi!" Ron called after her. "We've got our History of Magic exam in ten minutes! Blimey." He turned back to the others. "She must really hate that Skeeter woman to risk missing the start of an exam. What're you two going to do in Binn's class-read again?"

"Sleep." Raven said bluntly, causing Daphne to snort. Professor McGonagall came alongside the Gryffindor table.

"Potter, Mordecur, the champions are congregating in the chamber of the Hall after breakfast." She said.

"But the task's not till tonight." Harry said.

"I'm aware of that, Potter." McGonagall said. "The champions' families are invited to watch the final task, you know. This is simply a chance for you to greet them." Raven's face beamed with excitement as McGonagall walked away.

"She doesn't expect the Dursleys to turn up, does she?" Harry asked.

"Nah, I think we'd hear yelling if they did." Raven chuckled.

"Yeah, I'd have to agree with Raven." Ron said. "Well, we better hurry." He added looking to Daphne. "Got exams, see you later."

"See you later, Raven, Harry." Daphne said, getting up.

"Good luck with exams." Raven said smiling.

"Thanks." Daphne said, and then left the Great Hall with Ron.

"C'mon, Harry." Raven said after finishing his breakfast. "I doubt the Dursley's are here, but you can at least say hi to my mum."

"Yeah, I suppose." Harry said.

All of the other champions were already in the chamber, so Raven and Harry were the last ones to enter. Cedric and his parents were just inside the door. Viktor Krum was in a corner, conversing with his parents. Fleur was talking to her mother on the other side of the room. Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle, was holding her mother's hand. She waved at Harry and Raven who waved back smiling. Mrs. Weasley and Bill were by the fire, and Raven saw someone he didn't expect.

"Aunty!" Raven beamed, running to hug Andromeda, while Mrs. Weasley and Bill greeted Harry.

"Hi, Sweetheart!" Andromeda said giving Raven a big hug. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Raven replied at the end of the hug. "I didn't expect to see you here."

"I thought I'd surprise you." Andromeda said with a cheeky smile.

"Where's Mum?" Raven asked, looking around.

"Oh, she's hanging around." Andromeda said, motioning her eyes upward.

Raven looked up and saw a dark feathered, purple eyed owl hanging on a beam. He smirked, crossing his arms, and said, "Well, I guess she'll just have to miss me winning the tournament."

Wren flew down and transformed back into her human form next to Raven. "Nuh uh, Little Bird." She said. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Raven smiled. "Hi, Mumma Bird. I missed you." He said giving her a hug.

"I missed you too, Baby." Wren said returning the hug, and kissing the top of his head.

"Is it just you two?" Raven asked letting go of his mother.

"Yeah, Ted and Dora had to work." Andromeda replied. "They send their best though."

"So, Raven," Wren said firmly, pulling out her snowflake necklace, "how much did this cost you?"

"Oh, you know, it's not about the price, it's the thought that counts." Raven replied innocently. Wren gave him a face that repeated her question. "I'm not broke if that's what you're worried about. Besides, you said, 'Surprise me,' and it looks lovely on you."

"I did say that didn't I?" Wren chuckled. "Fine, I'll let it go, and thank you for the gift, Little Bird." She slightly bent down and kissed his cheek.

Raven then grabbed Andromeda's hand and then walked over to Harry. "Harry, I'd like you to meet my Aunty." He gestured to her.

"Hello, Harry, I'm Andromeda Tonks." Andromeda greeted holding out her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." Harry said shaking her hand. Raven said hi to Mrs. Weasley and Bill, while Harry also said hi Wren.

They began making their way back to the Great Hall. As they passed Amos Diggory, he looked around. "There you two are, are you?" He said, looking Harry and Raven up and down. Raven raised an eyebrow. "Bet you're not feeling quite as full of yourselves now Cedric's caught up on points, are you?"

"Technically I was the one who caught up from last place." Raven retorted quickly. "Get your facts straight before you start running your mouth." Everyone looked at Raven in shock, except Wren and Andromeda who had to bite their lips to stop from laughing.

Wren quickly guided Raven out of the chamber and into the Great Hall with Andromeda following. "That shut him up." Wren whispered with a giggle.

"This is why you don't start battle with Ravenclaws." Raven stated, as Mrs. Weasley began shouting at Amos Diggory. "Words are power."

"You got that right, Little Bird." Wren said, as they were nearing the entrance hall.

"Shall we go explore the grounds?" Andromeda asked. "It's been so long since I've been here."

"Yeah, I know of some places to take you two." Wren said, winking.

"If you're going to take us to all the places you've snogged Dad, Aunty and I will just see ourselves in the other direction." Raven chuckled.

"Aww, you're no fun, Little Bird." Wren said playfully. "But there is a neat little place I'd like to show you, c'mon"

Wren led them outside and down to the Black Lake. "That's where we're going." Wren pointed to a small island across the water with a tree on it.

"Oh, is this where you first snogged Dad?" Raven asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, that was the prefects bathroom." Wren replied. "Which led to us-"

"Ah ta ta!" Raven said quickly putting a hand over his mothers mouth. "Don't go there." Wren giggled as he removed his hand.

"Wren, behave yourself." Andromeda chuckled.

"Told you she's gonna give us a tour of her and Dad's snogging locations." Raven grumbled to Andromeda.

"If you keep complaining, I will put a binding spell on you and drag you around to all my snogging locations." Wren retorted slyly.

"So...what's so special about that small island." Raven said, quickly changing the subject, causing Wren and Andromeda to giggle.

"I'll show you." Wren said pulling out her wand. She pointed it to the water and said, "Glacius!" Ice shot from her wand, freezing the water and creating a path for them to walk. "C'mon." She said putting her wand back in her sleeve, and they began to walk on the ice toward the island.

"This is pretty convenient." Raven said walking on the ice.

"Well, it's easy for you and I to do." Wren said. "Other, not so much."

Halfway on the path, Wren and Andromeda were whispering to each other. "What are you two scheming?" Raven asked suspiciously.

"Oh, you know..." Wren said, rolling her eyes, "...this." Wren pushed Raven, causing him to fall off the path and into the water. Wren and Andromeda giggled, running to the island. Raven emerged from the water and found that his mother had removed the ice path.

"Very funny, Mother." Raven said, narrowing his eyes at her.

"I thought it was funny." Wren giggled. "Did you think it was funny?" She asked Andromeda.

"I thought it was hilarious." Andromeda said. Raven rolled his eyes and swam to the island.

"Have a good swim, Little Bird?" Wren teased as Raven made it to shore.

"Oh it was wonderful, so refreshing." Raven said sarcastically. "Want to go for a dip?" He bowed gesturing to the lake.

"I'm good." Wren replied. "You know I had to have my fun, though." She giggled, drying Raven off with a Scouring Charm. "Forgive me?" She said innocently, swaying back and forth.

"We'll see." Raven said flatly, turning towards the tree. "A bowtruckle tree." He said, realizing what it was.

"Yep, I would come here often to sit and relax or read in peace." Wren said. A few bowtruckles came out of the tree and onto Raven.

"Okay, this is pretty cool." Raven said, looking at the bowtruckles with a goofy smile. "I'll forgive you." Wren smiled.

"I never did come here when I was at Hogwarts." Andromeda said looking around. "It is nice though."

"Yeah, Qrow would often want to join me over here, and was a little upset that I removed the ice path, so he'd have to swim." Wren said. "He eventually learnt to bring his broom." Raven and Andromeda laughed.

"I'll have to come here now for some peace and quiet some days." Raven said.

"Is that the Durmstrang ship?" Andromeda asked, pointing at the large ship in the Black Lake.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool." Raven replied. "I'll have to show you the Beauxbatons carriage here in a bit."

After relaxing and playing with the bowtruckles, they decided to head back to the grounds. As they were walking on the icy path again, Raven decided to try and get back at his mother. Once he saw her look to the side, he gave her a push.

"Oh no..." Wren said sarcastically as she was falling. "Anyway." She transformed into her Animagus form and flew to shore.

"Tch, cheater!" Raven called to her as she transformed back.

"I saw that coming from a mile away!" Wren called back, sticking her tongue out.

"She doesn't play fair does she?" Andromeda whispered.

"I don't think that word fits in her vocabulary." Raven whispered back. While still narrowing his eyes at his mother, he casually pushed Andromeda in the water.

"Ahh!" Andromeda screamed as she fell. Wren burst into laughter at the site and Raven laughed evilly, running to shore. The ice path was gone when he got there.

"Raven!" Andromeda pouted as she broke the surface. "I wasn't the one who pushed you!"

"You were in on it!" Raven said. "Plus, you were the only one who was there to push." He mumbled so she couldn't hear.

"Okay, I'll admit I'm guilty of that, but what if the giant squid is nearby?" She said worried, looking around the water.

"Relax, Aunty, he's on the other side of the lake." Raven assured her. "Unless you'd like for me to call him?" He smirked.

"No, thanks." Andromeda said, quickly swimming to shore.

"Feeling refreshed, Andy?" Wren asked with a grin, as Andromeda came out of the water.

"Oh yes, quite refreshed." Andromeda huffed frowning at Raven. She then used used a Scouring Charm to dry herself. "I think it's your turn to take a bath, Wren."

"Oh that's alright, I had a shower this morning." Wren said, gesturing her hand playfully. "C'mon, lets got see the Beauxbatons carriage." Wren walked ahead first.

Raven and Andromeda smirked at each other as they followed her. "Hey, Mum, look at this!" Raven said intrigued.

"Hmm?" Wren said turning around.

"Aguamenti!" Raven and Andromeda said pointing their wands at Wren.

Wren found herself drenched in water, and heard the two perpetrators laughing. "Didn't see that coming from a mile away, did you?" Raven said slyly, smirking.

"Karma's a female dog." Wren chuckled wiping her face with her hand. Raven and Andromeda laughed at her words.

They made their way to the Beauxbatons carriage after Wren dried herself off. Once they made it, they were admiring the Braxan. "They're simply beautiful." Andromeda awed petting one.

"Can we take one home?" Raven asked.

"Yeah, Mum, can we?" Andromeda asked jokingly.

Wren scoffed. "Sorry, kids, but I don't think the Beauxbatons would appreciate a missing horse."

"But he said he wanted to come home with me." Raven stated, hugging one of the horses.

"Oh, did he now?" Wren questioned raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah he said," Raven imitated a horse snort, "which translates to 'Take me home with you.'"

"Right..." Wren drawled.

They soon headed back to the castle for lunch, and joined Harry, Bill, and Mrs. Weasley at the Gryffindor table. "Did you three have a good time exploring the grounds too?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Yeah, we all went for a swim." Raven said casually, putting potatoes on his plate. Wren and 

Andromeda let out a snort, as Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Harry gave confused looks.

"It's an inside joke." Andromeda said as other student began to enter the Great Hall.

"Mum-Bill!" Ron said, looking stunned, as he join the Gryffindor table. "What're you doing here?"

"Come to watch Harry in the last task!" Mrs. Weasley said brightly. "I must say, it makes a lovely change, not having to cook. How was your exam?"

"Oh...okay." Ron said. "Couldn't remember all the goblin rebels' names, so I invented a few. It's alright." Ron sat down. "They're all called stuff like Bodrod the Bearded and Urg the Unclean; it wasn't hard."

Fred, George, Ginny, and Hermione came and sat next to them too. Daphne came by along with her sister to say hello. Mrs. Weasley frowned at them upon seeing their house symbol, so she turned to talk to Hermione.

"Hello, Mrs. Mordecur." Daphne said.

"Oh, hello, Daphne!" Wren said brightly. "It's wonderful to see you again."

"It's good to see you too." Daphne said. "This is my sister, Astoria." She gestured to Astoria.

"Why, hello there, aren't you a cutie" Wren beamed extending her left hand. "I'm Wren, Raven's mother."

Astoria smiled and blushed at her comment. "Hello, it's nice to meet you." Astoria said shaking her hand. Andromeda, who sat next to Wren, decided to introduce herself too.

"Hello, I'm Raven's Aunty, Andromeda Tonks." Andromeda said holding out her hand. "Raven's mentioned you."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Tonks." Daphne said shaking her hand. Andromeda also shook hands with Astoria. "I hope he's mentioned good things."

Andromeda chuckled. "Yes, he mentioned he has a good friend in Slytherin. I'm also a Slytherin."

"Oh yeah, I remember him saying that." Daphne said sitting down next to Raven. Astoria sat next to her sister. "Raven's a wonderful friend." She smiled at him.

"How'd exams go?" Raven asked returning the smile.

"I believe they went pretty well." Daphne said adding rice to her plate. "I do have a potions one coming up next, so we'll see if those tutor lessons you've given me will pay off."

"Aww, have you been helping Daphne with her potions homework, Little Bird?" Wren cooed, nudging her son.

"He has." Daphne replied for him. "I used to be terrible at it, but he's been a tremendous help in assisting me with it."

"Well that's nice of you." Wren said.

"I should help him with his Herbology." Daphne said. "I know it's your weakest subject and I'm pretty skilled in that area."

"Well I don't have to worry about it this year." Raven said. "But next year, if you don't mind helping me pass my O.W.L. in Herbology, that'd be great."

"Sounds like a plan." Daphne said. "Just as long as you continue to help me pass my O.W.L. in Potions."

"Deal." Raven agreed. Wren smiled at the two. She could see a romance blossoming between them.

A thought then came into Daphne's mind. She got up and went in between Wren and Andromeda, and they started whispering to each other. Raven eyed them suspiciously.

Once they finished, Daphne returned to her seat. "What was that about?" Raven asked.

"Nothing important." Daphne replied casually, taking a bit of her chicken. Raven moved his eyes back and forth between Wren and Daphne.

They're scheming something. He thought.

After lunch, the other students went to their last exams before the feast began. Raven, Wren and Andromeda explored the indoor parts of the castle. Wren and Andromeda felt nostalgic as they walked around.

"Do you want to visit the Ravenclaw common room before we head to dinner?" Raven asked Wren and Andromeda.

"Oh, I'd love to!" Wren said excited. "I haven't been in there since I graduated."

"And I haven't seen it at all." Andromeda said. "So it'd be nice to see another house's common room for a change."

They made their way to the fifth floor on the west side and found themselves at the Ravenclaw Tower. Once they were at the door to the Ravenclaw common room, Raven knocked.

Who lived longer, the ghost or the poltergeist? The door asked.

"Want to give it a go, Aunty?" Raven asked Andromeda.

"Uhh..." Andromeda said slowly. "The ghost?" She questioned after a short silence. The door didn't open. Raven and Wren snorted. "This is why I'm not a Ravenclaw." Andromeda chuckled.

"Mum?" Raven tilted his head to the door. "Let's see if you still have that Ravenclaw in you."

Wren gave a confident nod, walking up to the door. "I non-being can never have been." The door immediately opened. "I never lost it." Wren smirked as she entered. Raven and Andromeda followed.

Andromeda was in awe looking around the common room. "Wow, this place is beautiful." She said. "Very different from the Slytherin common room, which is a cozy dungeon."

"This place hasn't changed." Wren said looking at the starry sky ceiling. "Still feels like home. Feels like I never left."

"I'll have to kick you out eventually." Raven chuckled, causing Wren and Andromeda to let out a snort.

"Not if I kick you out first." Wren joked raising her eyebrows at Raven.

"I'll just move in with Aunty." Raven retorted, pointing to Andromeda.

"You're welcome to stay with me anytime, Sweetheart." Andromeda said.

"I win." Raven smirked, and Wren rolled her eyes.

"You know I'd never kick you out, Little Bird." Wren said in a baby voice, hugging Raven. "You can live with Mumma forever."

"Hear hear." Raven said patting his mother's arm. "C'mon, let me show you my dorm." He said as his mother let go.

"Oh, we're going to the boy's dorm." Wren cooed nudging Andromeda. "Not the first time we've been there, eh, Andy?" Andromeda chuckled.

"Gross!" Raven said leading them to his dorm.

"Just you wait, Little Bird." Wren said, as she and Andromeda followed him. "You'll be tempted to invite a girl to your dorm in the years to come."

"Uh huh, sure." Raven said sarcastically as the entered his dorm. Upon entering, Uri jumped from Raven's bed and ran to them. She laid on the floor and then rolled over, showing her belly. Raven clenched his chest, falling to his knees.

"Raven, what's wrong?" Wren asked worried, kneeling down to him.

"Sweetheart?" Andromeda gasped, doing the same.

"She's so cute!" Raven said in awe at Uri. Andromeda gave a sigh of relief.

"Don't," Wren slapped the back of his head, "scare us like that!" She scowled.

"Sorry." Raven chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "But you can't deny she's cute." He gestured to Uri, still laying on the floor.

Wren couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, she's quite the charmer." She picked Uri up and cradled her in her arms. "Aren't you, Uri." She cooed rubbing her belly.

"You have such a good view of the grounds from up here." Andromeda said looking out the window. "In the Slytherin common room we'd just see under the Black Lake, though it is sometimes nice to see the creatures swim by."

"I'd love to see that." Raven said.

"Well, maybe Daphne will invite you into the common room one day." Andromeda said winking. Getting what she meant, Raven shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"We should probably head back to the Great Hall." Wren said putting Uri down.

"Yeah, it's getting to be that time." Andromeda said checking her watch.

"You two go on ahead, I've got to use the loo." Raven said heading to the bathroom. "I'll meet you down there."

"Alright, see you in a bit, Little Bird." Wren said as her and Andromeda left.

After using the loo, Raven came back into his dorm and sat on the bed next to Uri. "Uri." He said getting her attention. "I need you to promise me something." Uri went and sat on his lap, looking directly into his eyes. "If anything happens to me tonight, look after Mum for me. Can you promise me that?" Uri gave a meow with a nod, then curled up in Raven's lap.

"I know girl. I'm worried too." Raven said petting her. He had thought to tell him mum and aunty about Harry's dreams, but he thought it'd be best to wait till after the tournament. He didn't want to worry them and he couldn't see a way for Voldemort to get to him and Harry inside Hogwarts, so he kept silent about it.

"C'mon." Raven said picking Uri up and getting up himself. "Let's go." Raven headed outside his dorm and then the common room, and set Uri down. "Watch over her, okay." Uri gave a meow and scampered off.

Raven made his way back to the Great Hall, and saw his mum and aunty greeting Luna and Jasper. Daphne and Astoria were also sitting at the table. "There's our champion." Luna said noticing Raven approach.

"Hello, everyone." Raven said sitting between his mum and Daphne. "How'd exams go for you all?" He added food to his plate.

"I'd say they went well." Daphne said. "You might need to step up your game in potions," She nudged Raven, "I'm catching up."

"Ha! You wish." Raven said taking a bite of his green beans.

Everyone else said that they believe they did well on their exams as well. "I see you father at work sometimes, Jasper, but how are your mother and sister doing?" Wren asked.

"They're doing well." Jasper replied. "Eve's having a fun time being a Professional Quidditch Player, and Mum's enjoying the help from Winky at home."

"That's good, it was nice of your father to take Winky in." Wren said.

"What do you and your family do for work, Mrs. Tonks?" Luna asked.

"Well, I used to be a full time healer at St. Mungo's." Andromeda replied. "But I stopped working when I got pregnant with my daughter, and took care of her along with helping Wren take care of Raven after she lost her husband, Qrow. I only work at St. Mungo's part time now. My husband, Ted, is a governor for the school, and my daughter Nymphadora, she doesn't like to be called that so we call her Dora, she is an Auror like Wren here, who was also my daughter's mentor."

"Nymphadora, that sounds familiar." Jasper thought out loud.

"She would have been here your first three years." Andromeda said. "She's a Hufflepuff and she always has bright pink hair."

"Ah, now I remember." Jasper said, snapping his fingers. "The pink hair gave it away. I saw her a few times when she was here, but I never did talk to her. I heard she was quite a character."

"That she is." Andromeda chuckled.

"So you've know Raven his entire life?" Luna asked.

"I have." Andromeda replied. "He was so cute when he was a baby."

"Oh, simply the cutest." Wren cooed. "And now-" She ruffled Raven's hair "-he's a handsome young man." Raven smiled, his cheeks going pink.

Wren and Daphne then glanced and nodded at each other when Raven was occupied, talking to Luna across the table. With a grin crawling on their faces they began tickling Raven's stomach. Raven dropped his fork and began laughing.

"Hahaha-st-stop!" Raven giggled. "T-that-tic-tickles hahaha!"

Raven eventually grabbed both of their hands and pushed them away from his stomach. 

"Double-teaming me-now?" He said catching his breath.

"Payback for scaring me the other day." Daphne said slyly. "Told you I'd get you."

"I guess I had it coming." Raven said with a grin.

They continued eating in silence for a bit. Once Daphne saw that Raven was finished she whispered. "Hey, can you come with me for a second? I need to tell you something."

"Sure." Raven said, then they both sat up. "We'll be back real quick." He told his mum.

"Alright, Little Bird, hurry back, it's about time for the final task." Wren said.Daphne led Raven into the entrance hall and walked to the side so no one could see them. "So, what's up?" Raven asked.

"Um," Daphne began looking down. "After the final task there's something important I need to tell you." She looked up at him. "So once it's over come and find me right away, okay?"

"Yeah, I can do that." Raven replied, wondering what she needed to tell him. "You can't tell me now?"

"It can wait, I want you to focus on the task for now." Daphne replied. "So just be sure to come back alive, okay." They heard movement in the Great Hall. "Looks like it's time." She got on the tip of her toes and kissed his right cheek. "For good luck." She then quickly walked back into the Great Hall with a small blush.

After the final task I'm going to tell him how I feel. Daphne thought. Even if I have to drag him away from the crowd, or tell him in front of the whole school, I'll do it this time!

Raven stood a little stunned from the kiss, but regained his focus as the other champions were coming out of the Great Hall with their families. "C'mon, Little Bird." Wren said extended her hand, walking alongside Andromeda. "It's time."

Raven walked up to his mum and aunty. Wren wrapped her arm around his shoulder as they made their way to the Quidditch Pitch.

All the champions had made it to the center of the Quidditch Pitch, the crowd had started settling in the stands, and the band started playing. "Alright, Sweetheart." Andromeda said as they stopped. She bent down and kissed his left cheek. "For good luck." Raven and Andromeda hugged each other. "Be careful, we'll be awaiting your return. I love you."

"I love you too, Aunty." Raven said before they separated. "I'll be back, I promise." Andromeda gave him a warm smile before departing to the stands.

"Okay, Little Bird." Wren said turning to him, her hands on his shoulders. "Remember, you don't have to win, we don't need the money. I just want you to come back to me alive."

"I remember, Mumma Bird." Raven said. "And I haven't forgot what you taught me." He whispered.

"By the way, I have something planned for us this summer." Wren said.

"Really? What is it?" Raven asked.

"A trip to Norway, just the two of us." Wren replied. "I managed to get the whole summer holiday off."

"How did you manage that? Mention me?" Raven questioned with a smirk.

"Your name may have slipped." Wren giggled. "Plus I've been working a lot lately so I need the time off, but I'll tell you all about it when I see you again."

"I look forward to it." Raven said smiling.

Alastor Moody then came out of the maze. "Good luck, Raven." He said walking by Raven and Wren.

"Thanks, Moody." Raven said.

Dumbledore then silenced the crowd and band by saying, "Sonorus!" Everyone sat down. "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position.

"Now as Mr. Diggory," the Hufflepuffs cheered, "Mr. Potter," the Gryffindors cheered, and Mr. Mordecur," The Ravenclaws cheered, along with two Slytherin sisters, "tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum," The Durmstrangs cheered, "and Miss Delacour," The Beauxbatons cheered. "First person to touch the cup, will be the winner."

Everyone started cheering and clapping. "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter." Dumbledore continued. "Should at any point a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wand."

Dumbledore then turned to the champions. "Champions, gather around." He said. All five champions gathered around Dumbledore. "In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep, instead you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can but be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way." Dumbledore then stepped away.

"Champions, prepare yourselves." All the champions went back to their selected entrances to the maze.

"I'm so proud of you, Little Bird." Wren said bringing Raven into a tight hug, her head resting on the top of his, as his rested against her neck. "I love you so much, please come back to me in one piece."

"I love you too, Mumma Bird. I'll come back, I promise." Raven assured her. "Then we'll have our fun summer holiday." Wren gave a quiet laugh. They pulled apart and he saw tears starting to break in her eyes. "I'll be okay, Mum." He said softly, wiping her eyes. "Will you?"

"Yeah." Wren said quietly, taking his hand and kissing it. "I'll be okay." She then kissed his forehead. "For good luck. I'll see you soon." With a warm smile, she departed to the stands, sitting next to Andromeda.

"On the count of three, Mr. Diggory, Mr. Potter, and Mr. Mordecur will enter the maze." Dumbledore began. "One-two-three-" The whistle went off, and Raven, Harry, and Cedric began to step into the maze.

"Good luck, Raven!" Raven heard Luna, Jasper, Daphne, and Astoria cheer. He turned around to see them four sitting together clapping. He waved at them, then looked to his mother one last time. Prior to the maze closing behind him, they both gave each other one last smile, and mouthed the words...

I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 2.2K 34
You have sacrificed your seventh year at Hogwarts to accompany the Golden Trio in the search for horcruxes. As the dangers rise and the adrenaline co...
78.4K 1.6K 89
Y/N arrives at Hogwarts ready to start a new life at school, she's fallen in love but it comes with way more challenges than she expected. Will they...
621K 18.2K 97
ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired boy the Malfoy family despises after De...
12K 270 10
Harry is plagued by dreams during the summer, which makes Snape feel concerned for him. Deatheaters are seen at the Quidditch World Cup, which alarms...