WE NEED EACH OTHER [DRARRY]

By seriouslymeh

This must be a mistake... I scanned the crowd until I found the silver eyes. They looked back, blank. *** Wha... More

Introduction
Aesthetics + Playlist
CHAPTER ONE : DRAMA
CHAPTER TWO : AGREEMENTS
CHAPTER THREE : RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER FOUR : THE ROYAL GALA
CHAPTER FIVE : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 2)
CHAPTER SIX : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 3)
CHAPTER SEVEN : TRAIN GOSSIPS
CHAPTER EIGHT : ENROLLMENT
CHAPTER TEN : BACK TO HOGWARTS (PART 2)
✨ BONUS CHAPTER ✨
CHAPTER ELEVEN : MORNING MISHAPS
CHAPTER TWELVE : SWITCH PLEASE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN : UPS AND DOWNS
CHAPTER FOURTEEN : NOT-SO-ENEMIES
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : EVENING AT HOGSMEADE
CHAPTER SIXTEEN : THE ACTUAL FIRST DAY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : MUTUAL FRIENDS
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : FIGHT IN FLIGHT
CHAPTER NINETEEN : STANDING UP
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS (PART 2)
✨BONUS CHAPTER TWO✨
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE : WARNINGS
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : PLOTTING THE PLANS
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: SEEKERS ASSEMBLE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR : SECRETS ARE OUT
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE : SCARED, POTTAH?
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX : MALFOY VS. POTTER
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN : HIDE AND SEEK
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT : ACHOO!
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : DORMMATES?
CHAPTER THIRTY : LISTENER
✨BONUS CHAPTER THREE✨
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE : STUCK WITH WORK
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO : SNOGGING
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE : FROWNS AND SMILES
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR : SNEAKIN' IN AND OUT
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE : BONDING
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : APOLOGIES AND PRESENTS
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN : THE INVITATION
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT : THE PARTY
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE : THE KISS
CHAPTER FORTY : HANGOVER

CHAPTER NINE : BACK TO HOGWARTS

296 65 133
By seriouslymeh

Harry's POV

I was in my room, packing my clothes in a trunk, thinking about the events of last week when the sorting hat had declared Malfoy and me as partners. I was reluctant to go to Hogwarts now. Why did I have to have him as a partner? Even thinking of him made my blood boil. I had almost finished packing when Ginny walked in.

"Do you want me to help you with something?" she asked.

"No, I'm almost done," I replied without looking at her.

I heard her sigh as she approached me. "I still don't like the idea of you and Malfoy in one room together," she said, placing the last jumper into my suitcase.

I let out a wry laugh. "You tell me." I turned away to scowl at the floor.

"You might be able to talk to McGonagall about the arrangement," Ginny suggested, taking my arm to turn me around.

"I don't think so. McGonagall was very serious about remaining with our assigned dorm partner."

"But why Malfoy?!"

I sighed. "How should I know?"

"You two must have similar subjects – which means he will teach with you too!" Ginny said, outraged.

"I know..." I said, resigned.

"I hope you both don't end up killing each other."

"I think... I think I'll be able to adjust if Malfoy is cooperative." I knew that probably wouldn't be the case.

Ginny sighed again.

"Here," she said, "I got you something for the trip, you know... something to remember me by."

I looked at her. She held my hand and leaned in for a kiss. I froze.

I thought she would be placing the gift in my hand. But it seemed the kiss was the gift.

Would it be rude to pull away? I thought.

I kissed back for the sake of it. We were going to distance, as Hermione said. We should probably part on good terms.

"I'll come to meet you once in a while," she whispered.

"I don't think that's allowed," I said.

"Then I'll sneak in," she chuckled, and I chuckled back.

After a moment of silence, Ginny said, "I love you."

I stretched my lips in a thin line, then whispered, "Me too."

She pecked my nose. The pit in my tummy widened. I grabbed my trunk, and we walked down to Hermione and Ron.

They both turned and smiled, walking up to me. They engulfed me in a warm embrace.

"Good luck, Harry," Hermione whispered in my ear. "Remember, it's a healthy distance."

"Yeah," I managed weakly.

"Go have fun, mate," Ron said, patting my back. "Don't let Malfoy get on your nerves."

Mr and Mrs Weasley were dropping me at the station, which I felt was excessive because I was the only one returning to Hogwarts. But the more, the merrier, I suppose.

The trip to the station was uneventful. Ron was blabbering about how work with George was, and Hermione and Ginny were talking to themselves.

"What do you think?" I heard Ron say.

"What?"

"What do you think of the new invention called self-tying shoelaces. It's one of my own ideas," Ron proudly said.

"Oh, well... why do we need them?" I asked.

"Well... when people can't tie their shoelaces, it can be helpful," he explained.

"I suppose..." I replied.

"What do you think of chicken-flavoured chocolate?" Ron asked after a few seconds.

"Who would want chocolate that tastes like chicken?" I chortled.

"I would-" He shrugged.

"But you are different," I interrupted.

"But imagine... you can eat chicken in the form of chocolate!" Ron ecstatically said.

I chuckled and looked out the window, shaking my head at his enthusiasm.

A few minutes later, Mr Weasley pulled up to the side. When we walked out, it was ten minutes to eleven.

Draco's POV

My trunk was small. Usually, I had to carry three to fit all my belongings. It was never this empty. This time, I decided not to take anything unnecessary.

Father walked in while I was still packing.

"Draco." I heard him say.

Sighing, I closed my trunk and faced him.

"Father," I said.

"Take care," he said.

I blinked in surprise. Does father care about me now?

"Yes."

"And spend time with Astoria. Don't mess it up," he ordered, touching my shoulder.

My heart sank. Of course, Father doesn't care about me.

"We need this."

"Yes, I know," I dismissed the topic.

I hadn't told father about Potter being my partner. He would make a huge deal out of it.

"Make sure you keep Astoria happy," he reiterated.

"Yes, Father."

"I don't know what this student program is, but make sure you listen to her. You two are in the same house, right?"

"Father, I'm a candidate, and Astori's a student. We have different dormitories," I said, getting nervous.

"Alright. Make sure to meet Astoria every day. Give her whatever she requires— gifts, chocolates — whatever you kids nowadays prefer. I'll send you the required money."

He spoke rapidly, giving me a stern look. I nodded.

"Ok, Father," I kept saying as he mentioned what other things I could do.

"Your mother will be up shortly," Father said. "Then we can use the floo. The Greengrass family will be joining us soon."

Then he left. I put my head in my hands and groaned, irritation spiking in my veins. I stayed seated for a minute, just clenching and unclenching my fists. Suddenly, there was a knock on my door.

"Draco?" I heard the sweet voice call me.

"Mother," I replied, standing up to greet her.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, walking up to me.

"I'm good." I shrugged.

"I know how you're feeling," she said, her eyes deep and meaningful. She hugged me.

"It will be alright. You and Astoria will grow together to be a sweet couple," she whispered, stroking my arm. "Your father and I felt the same way. Rather, I felt repulsed marrying him... but with time, he proved me wrong."

I clenched my jaw.

"Astoria is a wonderful girl for you," mother said, "I know it may not seem like that right now, but in time you will." She gave me a reassuring smile, and I smiled back.

"The Greengrass's will be here soon," mother said, "Once you are ready, come back down so that we can floo out together."

Mother gave my arm another squeeze and then left the room.

I felt slightly better. I still couldn't imagine Astoria and me working. It was sickening, really.

I sighed, picked up my trunk and went downstairs. Astoria was already there. She smiled at me with gleaming teeth. I smiled back, more of a grimace.

"Hey," she whispered as I neared her. "Excited?"

I let out a laugh that was more of an exhalation. "Yeah."

"So, who is your partner?" she asked, almost bouncing excitedly.

"Uh... Potter-" I replied softly.

Astoria's mouth opened in shock. "Harry Potter?" she incredulously said.

I signalled her to shut her mouth and said irritably, "How many other Potters do we know of?"

"Ok, ok!" she giggled. "It's ok, I guess."

I rolled my eyes and turned to the floo.

"Shall we?" I asked, extending an arm for her to take. She grasped it, and I saw father giving me an affirmative nod.

We both stepped through. Our fireplace was large enough to hold our entire family comfortably.

Mother sent me a warm smile while father grimaced curtly.

"Alley next to Kings cross Station," I called, a fistful of floo powder in my hand. Then we both were whisked away, Astoria uncomfortably close.

We both landed in the secret alley next to Kings cross station. Not many people knew about it, but there was a charm that warded muggles away.

"Let's go," I said, holding Astoria's hand.

"We still have ten minutes," Astoria said, staying put.

"So? We need to be early."

"No one will notice if we are a few minutes late," she said, stepping closer. Just then, I figured out her intentions.

"What? Now?" I asked, flabbergasted.

"Why not?" She said, running a hand up my chest.

"People can come through the floo at any time." I tried pushing her away slightly. Hurt flashed in Astoria's features but was replaced with annoyance.

"Fine, later then." She sniffed and walked past me.

Relief was short, replaced with irritation as her brown hair swished in front of me in perfect swings.

Why does this girl want to make out with me always?

Harry's POV

"Ten minutes," Hermione said, checking her muggle watch.

"Harry dear, have fun, alright?" Mrs Weasley gave me a tight hug.

"Thanks, Mrs Weasley," I said, wheezing.

"Take care, Harry," Mr Weasley said, pulling Mrs Weasley off me.

"Thanks, Mr Weasley," I replied.

"Don't have too much fun without me," Ron chuckled.

"Of course not," I replied, "I'll miss you, mate." I gave him a side hug right before Hermione crashed into me with another hug.

"I'll miss you so much, Harry," she said. She was shaking a bit.

"Hogwarts won't be the same without you two," I whispered, dread lurching in my belly.

Hermione pulled away, wiping her eyes. Ron hung an arm around her shoulders as they looked at me sadly.

"You are coming over for Christmas, right?" he said, his voice cracking slightly.

"I hope so. Headmistress McGonagall might ask candidates to stay," I answered, feeling tears at the back of my eyes.

We all stayed silent until I wrapped my arms around both of them.

It felt unusual to leave for Hogwarts without them. Maybe, we could stay like this for a few more minutes, just embracing.

"It's going to be hard without you," I said after a minute.

"Yeah... I hate growing up," Hermione said, her voice low.

I chuckled lightly, breaking apart from the hug.

"Since when did you hate growing up?" I asked. Hermione was the girl who had everything planned.

"Since now," she replied with a sad smile.

Then the train's whistle blew.

I looked at the clock and realised I had only a few minutes left until eleven. Ginny hugged me tightly before I turned.

Sprinting, I called, "Bye!" over my shoulder.

I quickly found the nearest window, waving to Ron, Hermione, Ginny, George, Mr and Mrs Weasley outside. They all waved back enthusiastically. I waved until the train turned the corner, and they were out of sight.

I sighed, remembering we needed to share the train compartment with our partners. Great! All I had to do was find Draco Bloody Malfoy.

The train had been given an entire section to the candidates. I carried my trunk until I came across a compartment with bored Malfoy sitting across a chirpy girl.

I opened the door, carrying my trunk inside, paying no heed to either Malfoy or the girl he was talking to.

"Hello," I heard the sweet female voice saying.

I awkwardly turned to check if she was addressing me.

"Harry Potter, right?" she asked. It was Astoria Greengrass.

"Y-yeah," I answered, wondering why she was talking to me. Ginny and she were rivals, as far as I knew. Astoria knew Gin was my girlfriend. It seemed odd of her to talk to me so normally.

"We met at the gala, remember?" she continued. "We haven't been properly introduced. I'm Astoria Greengrass."

"Harry Potter," I nodded.

Astoria rolled her eyes and said, "Duh! I know that already. I understand you are Draco's partner for the student program as well."

I nodded and looked over at Malfoy, who just rolled his eyes as if he couldn't care less about the interaction between Astoria and me.

"I think that's wonderful," she continued, "A friend of Draco is a friend of mine. Because I'm his future wife, you know."

I sort of already had the idea about Astoria's relations with Malfoy from what Luna had said. But hearing it from Astoria herself, I was surprised.

"That's uh- that's great," I awkwardly said, "But uh- Malfoy and I aren't... friends."

Far from it, actually.

I heard Malfoy scoff and looked at him. His gaze was out of the window.

Ignoring him, Astoria said, "Don't worry. You'll grow to be."

Yeah, right. I wanted to roll my eyes. But that would seem impolite considering Astoria's attitude. So, I just shrugged in response and removed a book from my trunk, hinting at the end of the conversation.

Astoria turned her attention back to Malfoy again. She spoke of the new activities at Hogwarts. I managed to glance at them once in a while.

Astoria was clearly visible to me as she sat opposite me. But Malfoy and I were seated on the same seat, which was why it was difficult to catch a glimpse of him. But whenever I did, I found him staring out the window, disinterested in whatever Astoria said. The poor girl couldn't seem to figure it out. It was so obvious as if it was painted on his face.

It seemed odd.

Does Malfoy not love his future wife?

//Heheheh-

I hope you like this chapter again!!

Thanks sm for reading!! <3

and the moodboard of this chapter is by the wonderful @jasjasjasmine-

<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 259 31
The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in this web. After the decisions of the...
1K 38 9
"We start to find comfort in the strangest of places." The war has ended, and life is getting back to normal, or least supposed to be. For returning...
426K 16K 75
"Correct me if I'm wrong, Harry- but did you, or did you not, stare at him across the seas of tables in the Great Hall, and always manage to find him...
4.3K 144 19
The fifth part of un unforgettable story. A Wizarding World Story When Lucy Parcivall began her first year at Hogwarts she never would have imagined...