New flame

By Victoria_Adeniji

★Featured on the @AmbassadorsNG's reading lists★ Being the only son of an affluent money laundering politici... More

Welcome!!!🔥
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Author's Note!🥰

Chapter 61

40 5 0
By Victoria_Adeniji

Holding the tray Maria served me before I dozed off, here I am hurriedly making my way downstairs. I'm left wondering what Maria put in the meal to help me fall asleep, and I find it hard to believe I slept for some hours during the day.

I'm already dressed in my cargo pants and t-shirt and plan to stop by the kitchen before leaving to go get my motorbike.

It was already eight o'clock when I met Dad and Olivia in the living room, watching the news.

Dad says, "Hey boy, what's up?"

"I'm fine," I say quickly, not pausing in any way. The way he acts as though nothing happened irritates me.

Maria is mopping the floor when I walk into the kitchen and I set the tray on the cabinet.

"Well done," I commend.

"Thank you," she responds with a smile.

"I'm just wondering why I was fast asleep a few minutes after eating the fries," I inquire, while she chuckles slightly.

"That was the work of the chamomile tea you had," She explains, and my brows raise in surprise.

"As if you knew I needed that," I retort, knowing that after what I've been through today, I might have trouble sleeping.

"Well, it was the chief's order," She says, and I roll my eyes. "He understands how difficult it is for you to learn things about him." While I have no sympathy for what she said about my father, she adds.

He would not have continued doing it if he cared about his children knowing things about him.

"I will rather thank you for making me the tea," I say and as I begin to leave the kitchen, she gives me a soft smile.

The news on TV piqued my interest the moment I heard about what happened this afternoon.

"Today, NDLEA officers conducted a raid at the residence of Chief Wole Anderson, one of the candidates running for governor of Lagos State in the upcoming election. It was concerning when they discovered a suitcase containing cocaine in his personal assistant's office, and this has been shocking."

I immediately return to the living room after hearing that to watch the news. As Jeff was caught on camera and displayed holding the suitcase, my heart ached.

As I slip my eyeballs to Dad holding Olivia tightly while they concentrate on the TV, I give him the death stare.

The woman reading the news is shown again as she continues.

"In the midst of all of this, the people of Lagos State have given Chief Anderson the benefit of the doubt as the right candidate to be the next governor of Lagos State, based on the fact that he and his daughter were the ones who notified the NDLEA. Additionally, the Chief also addressed the concerns Lagosians have regarding his assistant, Jeffery Okoh."

The following video shows Dad being interviewed by a reporter in front of the mansion.

"How do you feel about discovering that your PA is a drug dealer?" The journalist enquired.

"I was so disappointed because this is the worst thing that has recently happened to me or those close to me. Finding out my PA, in whom I have a great deal of confidence, was also somewhat shocking to me."

"What would you like to tell Lagos residents who are doubtful of this?"

"Well, even though my PA, Jeffery, causes me and my family shame and embarrassment, I'm still who I am, and nothing is going to change that. And the fact that I didn't hesitate to alert the NDLEA would lead me to encourage the general populace to continue outing these crooks to build a stronger country as a whole. If we choose to hide those who want to destroy this nation, what will that accomplish for us? God bless Lagosians, and Nigeria will rise again."

I shook my head in disbelief at my dad's statement.

The newscaster proceeds.

"The incident occurred after a video of his son, Michael Anderson, fighting with a fellow student surfaced on social media,"

Then the video of me hitting Nicholas is played out for a brief period before switching to the clip I took of me standing up for my dad so I wouldn't lose my whip.

Gosh! This was the night I regretted ever recording that video clip.

I was paying attention when I received a phone call from the Uber driver I had requested earlier in my room.

I started walking out the door, and as soon as I stepped onto the porch, I noticed the full moon in the sky.

I stop and stare at it for a few seconds.

It's so bright that it lights up the night sky, and millions of stars are sprinkling behind it.

This makes me consider checking on Jeff in the cell before going to Scott's.

I exit the mansion and get into an Uber, asking the driver to stop by the police custody where Jeffery is being held before taking me to Scott's.

I can't stop thinking about Jeff. My father framed him as the drug dealer, so I don't think he'll be able to get away with it.

He did this to Karen's father 20 years ago, and the worst part is that I still can't do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure I'm worse than my father now that I think back to Ren's message before she blocked me.

It was true that I was protecting him, if not, I should have done something or succeeded in preventing him from running for governor of Lagos state.

He wants to win this election based on lies.

I'm terrified.

As we arrived at the custody, I hope out of the Uber and go inside to meet one of the officers. Thankfully, I am allowed to see him.

I waited in the waiting room for him when he was called, and he joined me a few minutes later and took a seat in front of me, a handcuff dangling from his waist.

"Hey dude," He says to me.

"How are things going for you?" I inquire, expressing my worry and sympathy for him.

"I'm just here," He shrugs and gives a quick response.

"Is there anything my father has been attempting to do?"

"He's already hired a lawyer," He responds.

I am aware that Jeff will likely be found guilty in court based on the evidence and, ironically enough, a witness will be my father.

I'm sorry he'll rot in jail, primarily for my father's crime.

"You shouldn't even be here," He continues which causes me to stop what I'm thinking.

I scowl, raising my eyebrows in a question. "Why?"

"Because the chief doesn't need any more drama or rumors against him this time," He explains, and I scoff loudly, shaking my head in disbelief with a sneer.

Is it just me, or does it seem like my dad might have used juju on this man? If not, why would he still be concerned about my father?

"You're still trying to defend him after what he did to you today?" I'm in awe.

"You know I disobeyed him, I shouldn't have rekindled my relationship with your sister..." He's saying, but I interrupt him because the news I watched before coming here has made me even more angry.

"Can you listen to yourself?" I interject, frowning. "It seems you haven't seen the video of him tarnishing your name."

I unlocked my phone and start looking online for the video my father made with a reporter using the hashtag Chief Anderson.

I played the video for him as soon as I found it. He let out a long sigh while keeping silent and shielding his face with his hands.

"He had damaged your reputation and name, and even if you didn't give a damn, what about your family and friends who looked up to you?" I rant the way I am worried.

"Everyone had seen you on television with the fucking suitcase containing cocaine, so why are you standing up for someone who falsely accused you and believing his ruse that he would get you out of jail once he won the election?"

"If I knew what to do, I would have taken action," He interjects and stands up. His eyes appear hurt as they are red and puffy.

"Your father is a powerful man, while I am just like you," He adds before walking out of me and back to the cell.

His final statement hit me hard because I, too, have known the truth and have done nothing about it.

I sigh deeply as I tilt my head forward and make a strong effort to think clearly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 3.1K 64
She spun the bottle and it faced Charles. "Truth or Dare?" "Dare." Charles responded. She smirked and dared; "I dare you to kiss Rose." Rose was shoc...
134K 8.2K 81
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] 'Who knew me celebrating my sister's wedding to rejoice and enjoy the wedding jingles and all that nonsense will le...
46.2K 10.7K 37
A NIGERIAN THEMED NOVEL "You have got your tities out and panties in a twist but your crush doesn't still notice you." Ore is a sixteen-year-old unde...
21.4K 558 29
"Mich... Michael! No, this is not right. Go away." Rose shook her head while stepping back. Ignoring her words, Michael walked forward till he caged...