Janelle's Choice

By purplebunnies101

Janelle Smith is a normal 16 year old girl. She lived a happy life with her two parents in a beautiful home a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 30

352 23 8
By purplebunnies101

Thank you so much laylay010401 for the amazing cover and the banner! You're the best!
_

"I can't believe his dumb ass got arrested." I said as I looked out the window. Kelsey drove fast, but not fast enough to break the speed limit, which is the stupid decision Jaden made just mere minutes ago that got him arrested.

When Kelsey pulled up at the Chicago County Jail Center, she parked and we both got out of the car and quickly walked up to the huge building.

Wait a second...why am I even here? What do I care of Jaden got arrested? He's not even my friend. But since I'm already here, I might as well stay.

"Hi. You have to release Jaden Wilson." Kelsey said frantically to the female officer standing behind the front desk.

"Um I'm sorry ma'am, you cannot just come here and and tell us this. If you have money to bail him out, then you can but-" The officer stopped when Kelsey pulled a big stack of money out of her purse and plopped it down on the desk. My eyes went wide at the money and I looked at Kelsey shockingly.

"Uh...let me get an officer to bring him out." The police said as she slowly took the money and put it somewhere.

She left the desk and I looked at Kelsey. "So you normally carry around that much money?" I whispered to her.

Kelsey shrugged her shoulders. "It's just my allowance." I gave her a weird look before sighing and crossing my arms. I would kill for an allowance like that. If I had that kind of money, maybe I could finally get a car.

"You better not go over the speed limit again," I heard a deep voice call out. A male police officer then walked out, yanking Jaden on the arm. "And don't be dumb and have your license with you when you drive." The man grimaced at Jaden before letting go of his arms and un-cuffing his hands.

"Okay." Jaden rubbed his wrists in pain. He looked like he had a bad day. I kind of feel bad for him.

"Jaden." Kelsey said as she grabbed him by the shoulders and planting her lips on his. They stood there for a good amount of time just kissing...and grossing me out. This kind of made me feel a little guilty.

Having enough of the agonizing PDA, I snapped my fingers at both of them and they snapped their heads towards me. Jaden starred at me and Kelsey gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry. Shall we get going?" Kelsey asked.

"Yeah, whatever." I said, leading the way outside to Kelsey's car.

We all got in, of course Jaden got in the passenger seat, so I was left alone in the back seat. "Oh Janelle, did you want me to drop you off at home?" Kelsey asked.

"Oh no, you don't have to. I'll walk from Jaden's house." I said.

"Oh no, I'd be happy to drop you off." She offered nicely.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay." I said.

The ride to my house was quiet, but not awkward. Once we reached my house, I said thanks to Kelsey, and didn't even bother speaking to Jaden.

I was tired and didn't want to do anything else for today. I walked into my room and changed into my pajamas and plopped down on my bed.

I put my head on my fluffy, white pillow and eventually drifted off to sleep.
~~~~~~

I popped out of bed with my eyes wide open. "Oh no!" I yelled to myself. I got out of bed and ran to my bathroom. "Oh no, no, no, no, no."

I quickly slipped my pajamas off and hopped in the shower. I took a quick shower, washing my hair in the process. I stepped out, dried off, and warlord the towel around myself. I brushed my hair and put it up into a neat, high ponytail. I brushed my teeth, and washed my face.

I then ran back to my room and put on a Minnie Mouse tank top, a leather jacket, black jeans, and black sandals.

I quickly grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. My dad was sitting at the dining table, sipping on coffee. "Hi dad." I grabbed a granola bar from the cabinet. "Bye dad." I went out the front door, not letting him say a word, and began walking to school.

Why am I going to school on a Saturday morning, you ask? Well I happen o be late for the first basketball game that I promised Logan I would go to.

I can't believe I completely forgot about the game. He's probably wondering where I am.

Once I finally reached the school, I went inside and made my way to the gym. I could already hear the crowd cheering.

I heard a loud buzz, signaling that it was halftime. I let out a sigh of relief, thanking God that I didn't miss too much of the game. I glanced at the scoreboard and the score was currently 28 to 10, our school in the lead.

I watched as the team went out of the gym for a halftime break. I saw Logan and walked up to him. "Logan." I called out.

"Janelle you made it." He said.

I stood on my toes and gave him a swift kiss. "I am so sorry I'm late, Logan. I completely forgot. I'm sorry." I apologized. I can't imagine how pissed I would be if he showed up late to one of my games. So I'm apologizing and hoping that he'll forgive me.

"Janelle, it's no big deal. I understand." He said calmly.

I smiled. "You are amazing. Thank you," I told him.

I've realized that Logan really is amazing. He's had his faults, but what's a relationship without disagreements and arguments. Logan is the all that I've been asking for ever since I entered this hell hole of a town. He's a nice, sweet, smart, forgiving person. "So, I see we're kicking ass today." I told him, pointing to the scoreboard.

Logan laughed. "Yeah. And now that you're here, I bet I'll play even better." He said, bending down to kiss me on the cheek.

I felt my skin burn as his lips touched my skin. I smiled. "Alright, I'm gonna go find a seat." I told him before smiling and walking to the bleachers. I saw that Taylor and Reese were sitting together on the bleachers and I walked towards them.

"Hey." I said.

They both stared at me and continued their conversation. I sighed at sat down. "I would appreciate it if you two would let me explain something." I said.

"What is it, Janelle?" Taylor asked.

"Everyone in this school thinks that I'm some horrible person who kissed Jaden when I knew that Kelsey was dating him. But I'm not. I was drunk when I kissed him. I don't even remember doing it...because I was intoxicated, out of it, drunk. I didn't know what I was doing. Do you guys understand? I finished explaining, looking between them both.

They both looked at each other and started laughing hysterically. I gave them a confused look. "Janelle," Reese began. "We kind of figured there was something up to the situation. We know you would never do anything like that...even though Kelsey did dump her meatloaf on you on your second day." He snickered and I rolled my eyes.

Taylor finished him off. "But...we kind of knew that you wouldn't just...kiss him like that without a catch. So...we were never technically mad at you, but you know what we mean." She said.

"I don't...but I'm glad you guys understand." I smiled.

"Hugs?" Taylor asked.

I smiled and we all came in for a group hug. I loud buzz pulled us apart. "The game is back." Reese told us.

We all turned around and watched the game.
~~~~~~

"You did great Logan." I told him, playfully punching him on the arm...his sweaty arm. "You kicked the other teams ass!" I said proudly.

He laughed and looked at me as we walked out of the building. "Thanks. And now for the real fun...come over my house to just, hang out." He said. "Well, if you want." He said.

I nodded my head. "Okay." We walked to his car and got inside.

We drove to his house and when we got there, his grandparents greeted me, and we walked up to his room.

I sighed and looked around. "Impressive." I said. The room had plain, white walls which were covered in boyish posters. His bed was add up and the hardwood floors were swept and clean. "At lease its way more cleaner then my room." I said.

He laughed. "Yeah..."

I glanced at the picture on his nightstand. Logan was in the picture. He looked about 6 years old. I could tell it was him because he looked exactly alike. He was standing in the middle and in the right of him was a blonde woman with grey eyes. She looked beautiful in the picture. And on the left of him was a man with brown hair and brown eyes. He looked a little like Logan.

"I miss them...a lot." Logan made me jump. I just now realized that I was staring at the picture.

"They look like they were some good parents." I smiled at the picture.

He nodded. "They were." He said. "Sometimes I just wish I could go back in time and do things differently, start things over." I said softly.

I turned around to look at him. "You know, all things happen for a reason." I weakly smiled and out a hand on his chest. "It'll be okay." I kissed him and he smiled at me.

Logan and I spent the rest of the time talking about random things, and we actually got to know each other better.

You know, things are good without Jaden on my mind. But one thing that will just never leave me alone is when he said he had feelings for me...
__________________________________

So sorry for the long update. Just been busy. But my co workers and I are finally high schoolers... We graduated from middle school *tear drop*

But anyways...vote, comment, and love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
249K 8.2K 39
"And it was all because of.." he pauses, giving me a soft smile, "Meeting you." *** Nicole Gold. The popular sweet heart. Popularity has always been...
1.3K 195 33
** I'm editing this slowly, this is my first book on here so it might be poor in grammar** Highschool is the most important years in school life, whe...