A Fractured Lover (Student/Te...

By LittleMinx94

The last two years of Alex's life have been emotionally challenging to say the least. Yet, this is a new year... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 9

32.9K 1.4K 635
By LittleMinx94

"Nathan, what the hell are you doing?"

Nathan and I parted immediately at the sound of the voice.  Smoothing my dress out, I turned, readying a lie to explain to the person who had interpreted us. Alas, I didn't even get as far as the first word of the lie once I saw exactly who it was. 

"You've got to be shitting me."

Standing in heels taller than my head and in a dress shorter than should be allowed, was the bitch from the club. It took her a moment, but once she set her heated gaze on me, I was surprised fire didn't shoot out of her mouth.

"You!" she snarled. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Confusion wracked my brain as to why she would even care that Mr. McCoy had his arms around me.

"Not that it's any of your business but he caught me. I was about to run into a sculpture and he stopped me from toppling over it and ruining someone's project."

She rolled her eyes. "I bet you did it on purpose so that he would have to touch you."

Plastic Bitch say what?

"Seriously? No one is that desperate around here except for you, babe," I said matter of factually. She cocked her hip out and plastered a smirk on her aggravatingly perfect face.

"Come on, everyone in here can clearly see who would be the desperate one out of you and I. I mean, look at me," She gestured to her silicone inflated body. "And then look at you," she said with a face as if she had a vile taste in her mouth.

Finally, Mr. McCoy cut in. "Silvia, stop it. You're being absurdly rude," he said sternly. She openly blanched at him.

"Me? What about her? Tell her to keep her grimy hands off of you!"

Grimy? That's it, the gloves are coming off!

"Alright Little Miss Bitch, I don't know who you think gave you the power to dictate peoples lives and who they can and cannot touch but last time I checked," I took a few steps towards her, getting up close and personal. "I can do whatever the fuck I want."

"Alex," I heard Mr. McCoy say in the background but couldn't be bothered to focus on him. This was between me and whoever this woman was.

"Like hell you can! If I ever see you around my boyfriend again I swear I will rip every single one of your hairs off your ugly head!"

"Well-wait, what?"

Boyfriend? There's no way he could ever be dating such a horrible woman, or even be dating at all. She had to be delusional. He would have never gotten close to me or even slightly touched me like he had if he had a girlfriend. Right?

Tearing my eyes off of the blonde in front of me, I turned to find Mr. McCoy.

His face told me everything I needed to know.

My heart clenched painfully in my chest for just a moment before the hurt subsided and fury set in.

I took a few steps back from them. "Wait so this," and I pointed to the woman whose name was apparently Silvia. "Is the 'friend' you were talking about who had too much plastic surgery?"

I heard and intake of breath and Mr. McCoy sent me a glare before turning to Silvia.

"I wasn't talking about you, honey." He pleaded with her for a few seconds before he and I could both tell that she wouldn't let that comment go for a while.

Good! The Dickhead deserves some shit for everything he's done.

"Wow, I thought you said you had good taste? I didn't know silicone even had a taste," I mocked his earlier words to me. His face distorted to one of defeat. He sighed heavily and muttered something unintelligible under his breath.

"Oh, don't pretend like you didn't know we were dating. It's pathetic. You met us both on the same night at that boring club, remember?" Silvia asked and Mr. McCoy instantly sent her a look. She looked on dully for a moment for before that dusty light bulb finally sparked to life for a mere moment in her head.

"Oh! That's right! You don't remember. Someone took a little too many drugs that night, didn't she?" Her lips turned up into the most hellish smile imaginable.

Pure evil this one is.

"Now don't play stupid; that acts just getting old." The jab cut her down a peg or two and my pride swelled. "I'm sure you're boyfriend told you all about what actually happened that night and the fact that someone slipped something in my drink."

She huffed out a breath of air and stared at her nails, seemingly bored with the conversation. "Whatever, I'm sure you deserved it. Whoever did it was probably one of the many girls who you had screwed their boyfriends. They deserve to get even."

My vision spontaneously went white with anger.

"I've never helped anyone cheat ever and I never would."

I sent a glare towards Mr. McCoy. He shook his head and opened his mouth to speak yet I had no interest in his words so I cut him off. "And besides, he's my professor," I spoke while pinning my eyes on his as I said each and every next word.

"I have absolutely no interest in dating a professor. Never have. Never will." He pleaded with me silently while I spoke, yet nothing got through to me. Nothing from him ever would again.

Silvia seemed delighted by this fact. "Oh! I never knew that you were his student. How peachy. Now I know for sure nothing will ever happen between you two. Not that he would ever be into you anyways"

"And I would never be into him. He's just not my type. I need a man."

Hurt flashed through Mr. McCoy's eyes.

"Excuse me but Nathan is very much a man. More of a man than you could ever handle," she snidely remarked.

"You know what, you're probably right; for once in your life" She rolled her eyes at my comment. "On that note, I'm going home. You've already depleted enough of my brain cells for one night. Now please go annoy someone else or, " I turned to my left and pointed to a sculpture made of purely plastic. Go figure. "Try and find a way to fit more of this in your face." I winked at her and turned to take my leave.

Not even a half second later I heard a fierce scream and Mr. McCoy yelled out. A loud crash echoed through the room and shards of glass and plastic splashed out over my feet and hit the back of my legs. A few of the pieces jumped up and bit at my uncovered legs, resulting in a few good scratches.

The room was deathly silent. Do I dare even turn around?

My curiosity got the better of me I spun on my heel to face the couple. Mr. McCoy's face was one of pure shock and embarrassment. Silvia on the other hand was too focused on burning a hole through my head to even notice.

"Wow, plastic and psychotic. What a perfect package," I said to Mr. McCoy sarcastically. He shook his head disbelievingly, eyes wide and mouth agape. Everyone's eyes were on the three of us, waiting to see what will happen next in our very own Jerry Springer episode.

"You know what-" Silvia started but was quickly interrupted by a seething Mr. McCoy.

"No!" he snapped. "Go home. Now." His entire body was tense and his voice meant business.

Silvia snapped her head towards him. "What? No, I didn't do anything!"

"You ruined a student's project and caused a huge scene!" He turned to her with the same cold look he gave me in his classroom. "Now, go." His tone screamed finality.

"But she-" and that was all Mr. McCoy could apparently take.

He wrapped his hand around her upper arm and proceeded to lead her out of the Gala. The audience started to go back to what they were doing and a janitor had arrived to clean up the broken sculpture. I sure didn't want be there when that kid found out some crazy woman broke his project that they'd been working on for at least a month.

Mr. McCoy and Silvia were headed my way since I was by the exit. And I'll be damned if I couldn't get just one more jab out there. Immature? Maybe, but that psycho scratched up my legs and now I'm bleeding all over my velvet shoes. So I deserve to at least have the last word!

"Have fun with that, Mr. McCoy. Be sure to let me know if she goes off her meds again!" I said cheerfully while waving at them as they walk past me.

Just like a switch, Silvia lit up again and ripped her arm out of Mr. McCoy's grasp and launched herself at me. Mr. McCoy was a hair quicker and grabbed her waist, spinning her around so that he was standing in front of me, blocking Silvia from reaching me.

"Silvia, I swear if you don't walk out of here right now, we are over. No discussion. No matter how much I like your father."

Her eyes widened.

"But, but..." she repeated, caught off guard. Then her eyes found mine. "Why are you protecting her anyways? You should be on my side!" And for the second time tonight, I agreed with her.

"Yeah, I don't need you to protect me." I shoved his body with mine but he didn't budge an inch. I tried to side step him but he sensed my move coming and grabbed my wrist quickly and planted himself back in front of me.

I blew out a sharp breath, completely annoyed. "I said-"

"I know what you said," he said just loud enough for me to hear. "Silvia, I'm serious this time." She looked back and forth between us, completely torn on staying here to fight with me or to save her relationship. What a great girlfriend.

"Fine," she backed down eventually but quickly glared at me. "Just remember what I said and stay away," she threatened, her eyes ablaze with hatred. She turned on her heel and stomped her way out.

His body physically relaxed as she left the room. Relaxing enough for me to wrench my arm out of his grasp and back away from him.

"Well, I can't remember when I've had more fun but I've gotta go clean the blood off my legs if you don't mind." I stalked off towards the bathrooms but heard his footsteps close behind me.

"Let me help you," he pleaded.

"Yeah, I don't think so," I said without even looking back at him. He reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Alex,"

"Don't." I snatched my hand out of his. My eyes bored into his, trying to understand the man in front of me. His hurt filled eyes almost got to me. He looked like he was truly sorry, but at this point I'd learned that looks could be deceiving.

I simply shook my head in disappointment and walked off to the bathrooms. He still followed.

Ignoring his presence, I almost made it to the bathroom before running into possibly the only person who could make this experience any more uncomfortable for me.

"Ms. Merrick, why in the world are your legs bleeding?" The Dean of the school asked.

Well shit.

"She got cut when one of the sculptures fell. I was just trying to get her to let me help her clean the cuts. There's no doubt shards left in her skin," Mr. McCoy spoke up before I had the chance to.

I shot a glare his way.

"Nonsense let Mr. McCoy here help you. You don't want them to get infected do you?" I saw his mustache move on his wrinkled face but couldn't believe the words that were coming out if his mouth.

My mouth fell open slightly. "What?"

Mr. McCoy cut in. "Thank you for seeing sense, Dean Henkel," he said a tad more appreciatively than any normal teacher would. Dean Henkel didn't seem to notice.

"Of course." He looked around him and pointed "You should use the family restroom right here." The Dean strolled over to the bathroom door and opened it for us.

My feet wouldn't move and I didn't blame them. Alone in a room with him was the last thing we needed right now. I refused to look at either of the men staring at me waiting to move into the bathroom. After a few seconds, I heard Dean Henkel scoff.

"Wel,l are you going in or not?" he asked, then seemed to have an 'Aha' moment. "Oh, does it hurt to walk?" he asked suddenly and gestured to Mr. McCoy. "Nathan, carry her in there and put her on the sink," he ordered.

"I can walk!"

I practically jumped into the bathroom and put my back towards the sink. The Dean nodded. "Hope you feel better, Ms. Merrick."

And with that he walked out of sight, leaving Mr. McCoy and I alone. The bathroom door, however, was still open and sweetly calling my name. Eyes locked on the door, I prepped for my escape.

Alright, on the count of three, I'll make a run for it. One...I locked eyes with Mr. McCoy. Two... I pressed my hands against the sink to help with initial momentum. Three! I pushed myself off the sink counter top and made a break for it. Yet, everything came crashing down within seconds; literally.

Mr. McCoy slammed the door shut just as I got there, forcing me to run directly into him instead. At the mere feeling of his body against mine, I sprung off of him so fast that I lost my footing and came toppling down onto the bathroom floor, hitting my head on the sink on the way down.

That's gonna hurt in the morning.

"Fuck!" Mr. McCoy whispered sharply.

Suddenly, I felt my head being picked up by warm, gentle hands. His hands helped guide my head up as he tenderly shifted my body into the sitting position. His face appeared before me, handsome as ever.

"Alex, are you okay?" he asked, worry lacing his words. "Alex! Goddammit...Why can't I ever do anything right around you?" he mumbled to himself, but that didn't mean I didn't hear it.

"I was just wondering the same thing," I responded gruffly. Gathering all my strength, I pushed myself up off the floor and tried and stand up. This proved to be harder than I initially anticipated though and I wobbled slightly and grabbed onto the sink for support. Mr. McCoy also stood to his full height and grabbed my elbow to try and help steady me.

I once again shoved him away forcefully. "Like I already said, I don't need your help."

"Yes you do. Deans orders."

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"It will if I tell him." My eyes widened.

"I really, really just want to talk you and explain some things."

I couldn't help the scoff that escaped my lips.

"No need to explain anything to little ol' me. It's not like I'm your girlfriend, which you already have one of!" And conveniently forgot to mention, might I add.

He ran a shaky hand through his hair. "Look, just please let me help you with your cuts and explain. Then I promise you can leave."

I let out a heartless laugh. "So what am I, your hostage until then?" I asked the question as a joke but when he walked over to the door and turned the lock, I knew this wasn't a game anymore. Also, why in the hell did that just turn me on a little?

He stalked back over to me slowly, eyes trained on mine in a predatory manner. He planted himself just a few inches in front of me.

"Get up on the sink," he ordered.

If this had been any other situation, I would have hopped up there like my life depended on it. Yet, this wasn't some incredibly hot fantasy of mine come to life, unfortunately.

"I can handle myself and my cuts, thank you very much." I daringly made eye contact with the man in front of me.

"Up. Now." His tone and stare were unwavering. My eyes narrowed at him.

"You're very demanding today, you know that?"

He sighed. "Alex, you're starting to drip blood onto the floor." Low and behold, when I looked down, there were tiny droplets of blood that had leaked down my legs and fallen to the floor.

I paused for a moment, contemplating on letting him actually help me. I mean, he would be able to reach the cuts better since there mostly on the back of my legs. Sighing, I started to rummage through my purse until I found my pair of tweezers. He instantly reached out to grab the tweezers but I pulled them out of his reach.

"What now?" he asked irritably.

"I have a pretty low pain tolerance. Be gentle," I said sheepishly. A small smile made its way to his face and his eyes softened considerably.

"Always."

My nostrils flared in annoyance. He couldn't just flip that charming switch on and off whenever he wanted to. It was detrimental to my well-being!

Against my better judgement though, I lifted myself up on to the sink, putting myself at eye level with Mr. McCoy.

I refused to look at him. I knew myself well enough to know that it wouldn't take much for him to trap me back in his web. Keeping all eye contact to a minimum was a major key to coming out of here unscathed.

Slowly he came closer to me, close enough that I could feel his body heat radiating off of him and into me. Hesitantly, he reached for my leg, and even though I knew I shouldn't, my body eagerly awaited his touch. When his hand finally met the underneath of my lower thigh, electricity shot throughout my entire body. He maneuvered himself between my legs for better advantage. Out of all the times that I pictured this moment in my head, this was the farthest thing from what I had in mind.

He positioned the tweezers at the opening of one of my deeper cuts. I tensed and closed my eyes, awaiting the pain that I knew was about to come.

Seconds later, I was still waiting. Cautiously, I opened my eyes to find Mr. McCoy staring right back at me.

ALERT! DANGER! DANGER!

"I'm not gonna hurt you, Alex. I promise." The sincerity was clear in his eyes.

I simply nodded my head, my ability to form words; lost. He moved his attention back to my leg and began to take each shard out one by one. I was so highly focused on not feeling any pain that I almost completely forgot why he was even here in the first place. Almost.

"So, are we going to continue to sit in this completely inappropriate position in silence, or are you gonna start talking?" He paused his movements for a moment, eyes still trained on my leg.

"I'm sorry, first off for your legs. I never in a million years would have thought that Silvia would have tried to physically harm you."

I chuckled. "Hey, at least she had bad aim!" He looked up at me, completely un-amused.

"It should have never happened in the first place. Sometimes she can be so damn immature." He shook his head, still concentrating on my leg. "Most of the time actually."

"Yes, you sure know how to pick 'em."

A soft laughter came from his lips. "You said the same thing to me in the club when you first met her."

I cocked my head to the side "I did?" Then I shrugged. "Doesn't really surprise me, she's a real piece of work. Literally!" I laughed at my own unintended joke.

Mr. McCoy shook his head and tried to hold in his own laughter.

"You really didn't help yourself with all of those comments you threw at her." I simply shrugged my shoulders.

"You get what you give. Plus, I didn't deserve half the crap she was throwing my way. Besides catching us in that compromising position, she had nothing to go off of." Then a thought struck me. "But I think any girlfriend who finds her boyfriend about to kiss another woman, has a right to be a little irrational." My voice dropped drastically since I first started talking. It was now low and accusing and Mr. McCoy sensed the change in the conversation.

"I know you think I'm a horrible person. Trust me; I think even less of myself right now."

"Doubtful."

He stopped, his work on my legs abandoned. Though his hands were still gripping my legs to keep them in place and his entire body was still between them. He stared at me head on, determination engraved in his eyes.

"Alex, I never expected for this to happen. I never expected you."

What? I didn't quite understand what he meant and my face must have told him just that. "Everything in my life was going fine. Well, all except for the bitchy girlfriend. My career was on track, my head was back on straight and then...you."

Shock and hurt reverberated through my body. "Well, fuck. Sorry, didn't mean to ruin your life. Not sure exactly what I did but-"

"No. You didn't do anything. You were just, you."

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I was wracking my brain for something to say but came up empty. I tried looking for the answers in Mr. McCoy's awaiting eyes but had the same result. In the end, I just ended up blowing out a huff of air as my answer. His eyes closed and a wide smile appeared on his lips. When he opened his eyes again they seem much brighter and...Adoring?

"It's simple stuff like that, that just... I don't know, get to me. Every little thing you do seems to get to me."

"Me blowing air into your face gets to you?" I asked with a smile. He chuckled in response and nodded.

"Your breath does smell very enticing," he said and his eyes fell down to my lips. He stared at them for a few seconds before his mood shifted back into serious.

"I didn't think it would be a problem. I thought I'd get over it quickly, which is why I never told you about Silvia, I didn't think it mattered. The problem is, I can't seem to get over it. Every time we-"

I held up my hand and he stopped talking. I had a feeling he was about to say so many things that would absolutely tear me in two. He was basically telling me that on some level, he liked me, which already made this hard. He was also telling me all of these things while he had a girlfriend. That fact alone was why we would never be anything more than student and professor.

"Please, don't say anymore. If you keep talking and you keep me in this position any longer, I won't be able to say no." I looked up into his eyes. "And I have to."

His face fell and his grip on my leg tightened.

"Here you are, saying these things to me, while you have a girlfriend. I have never cheated or helped someone cheat and I don't plan to start now."

"No! I'm not-" He looked to the ground and let out a frustrated growl. "I'm only with her because...because," He looked up at me, hesitation clear in his expression. Curiosity gnawed at me.

"Because?" I tried.

He looked away, his eyes saddened and distant. "I can't tell you." Disappointment washed over me.

"And that's just another reason why I have to say no."

Suddenly, a growl ripped through his throat. He pressed his entire body against my core and locked both of my legs around his waist. His hands came up and gripped each side of my face roughly. His lips were so damn close I could lick them. His breath was ragged and steamed up my entire face.

"Do you feel this?" he whispered almost desperately. His hands turned my head to the side and his lips grazed across my ear, softly planting his lips on the tender spot just below my ear. It took everything inside of me to hold in the moan I so desperately wanted to release. Then, I felt one of his hands slide up the back of my neck and into my hair, cupping the back of my head. His lips trailed down my neck, slowly, expertly. I could barely hold my head up any longer and finally released it into his awaiting hand that found its way into my hair.

"Tell me what you feel, Alex." His kisses started to become more urgent and I felt his teeth graze over my skin and bite down softly, sensually. A gasp that I had been holding in for what seems like ages, ripped through my throat and echoed through the bathroom. He moaned deep within his throat and thrust his hips against my core. Over my thin underwear, I could feel his hardness growing and my desire shot through the roof and a whimper escaped my mouth.

"I know you feel it too. The electricity between us." His mouth moved to the nape of my neck and he began trailing kisses higher and higher. My panting increased as he got closer and closer to my lips. When he reached my chin and planted a sweet kiss on it he stopped, lingering over my lips. "I just need to hear you say it."

My mind went blank. All I could think about was how close his lips were to mine and how fucking turned on I was right now. I swear I had never felt like this before. He alone had brought me closer to an orgasm without even being inside of me that the two guys who have actually gotten that far.

His lips inched closer and soon enough I felt the brush of his lips on the corner of my mouth. Oh God, just a bit further, Mr. McCoy.

Wait. Mr. McCoy, my teacher. Mr. McCoy, the jerk. Mr. McCoy. Silvia.

"No!" I shoved him off of me. He tumbled backwards, caught off guard by my forcefulness.

"Stop trying to make me the bad guy!" His shocked face fell and a crushed one replaced it.

"Yes! Okay, yes! I feel it! I feel the shocks and the tingles, I feel everything between you and I." My chest was heaving up and down heavily. "But I refuse to act on any of it while you have a girlfriend. In fact, I refuse to act on any of it period."

And with that I gathered up my purse and walked over to the bathroom door and unlocked it. Just before leaving, I turned my head to Mr. McCoy.

"Remember our deal. No talking to each other outside the classroom, got it?" Without waiting for his answer, I turned the knob on the bathroom door and walked out. Leaving my Professor and all of the issues he would have caused in my life behind.

So why did it feel as if I'd done something horribly wrong?

Hey guys! Big shout out to all of my new followers! You guys are AMAZING! Thank you so much for all of your support! Please comment and vote and let me know what you think! I spent hours on getting the dialogue of this scene right, please let me know how it turned out :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 12.9K 57
All Jennifer Adrian wants is to finish school and head to the big city to chase her dreams, but it's not easy when her heart wants something else. ...
29.7K 1.7K 54
Yn. the perfect scholar girl. Her parents died in a car accident when she was 13 and has lived with her aunt since then. doesn't have anyone else bes...
12.3M 64.3K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. •A Student x Teacher Roman...
251K 8.1K 14
Tera thought she'd never see the hot stranger she had a one night stand with again, but on her first day of her final college class her professor tur...