my darling violet

By busy_reading07

violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole li... More

little info
characters
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Character 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's question
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102

Chapter 51

3.2K 86 15
By busy_reading07

Violet's pov

It wasn't long after we dropped off Sarah that we were in kind of a sketchy area, I would be worried if I wasn't with people I trusted with my life. We were in some kind of woods, there were trees everywhere, and that was the only thing you could see except for the small dirt road we were driving on. I half expected that it would be woods for miles. It would be really peaceful driving around here, the only noises you could hear were the car and animals deep in the Forrest, mostly birds but every couple of minutes you could hear an owl almost like the owl was sleeping but it had its mouth open.

It wasn't long until we got to a wall full of vines, it was almost like a bush. Suddenly the wall starts moving like a garage door, opening up to a tunnel, a very long and dark tunnel. I look over to see Xander and Romeo completely calm and not bothered at all, deciding that if something like that had never happened before they would be freaking out.

The way the vines moved told me that they were real ones not just put there so they would hide at the door. The way the vines moved and the way they looked reminded me so much of the vines in tangled, where Flynn ridder found Rapunzel's tower.

Going through the tunnel it felt a lot like I was in the movie, nothing seemed natural but then everything was very real at the same time, almost like a movie was happening right now and I was in it or at least on the set.

Getting me out of my thoughts was the sudden amount of light that was right next to me. Looking in Infront there were lines of cars parked beside a massive building almost like a mansion. The building was dull but there were parts that were light like there was someone going around brightening a little bit of the place at a time.

Getting out of the car felt weird it felt like I wasn't supposed to be here, turning my head I face both Xander and Romeo to see them standing next to each other and looking at me, almost waiting for me to make the first move.

"why aren't we at the other base?" I ask scrunching my face with confusion

"this isn't Alessandro's bass, it's Massimo's. when we found out that there was a traitor we moved everyone out of this one and when we clear someone we move them to work here, this way we won't have to worry about the traitor knowing anything they shouldn't" Romeo explains shrugging

"right" I mumble walking to the front of the car and stopping Infront of it.

I wait until the boys go next to me to start walking, not sure where to go and what to do. Once we get to the front door, Romeo pulls out a key and unlocks the door. Walking through the door you were immediately in the middle of everything happening. There were rows and rows of computers with big meeting desks here and there and there were men and women everywhere.

None of them was looking us in the eye, they never even stopped working, some only halted for a slight second and then went on with what they were doing, Romeo took the lead and started walking to the stairs that were on the side, walking up the stairs I kept looking down at all of the people and the computers.

I could see on a couple of them was security footage, others were writing but most of the I couldn't see. By the time we got to the second floor, I hadn't even given a look at my surroundings too focused on what was happening on the first floor.

Finally looking up I held my breath, it was a massive area with people in workout clothes or just clothes that stick to your body, it was like the scene out of black widow with all of the widows doing those moves, except not everyone was doing the same thing most people looked like they were still learning with someone who was teaching them but some of them were actually pretty good.

As Romeo and Xander kept walking I stayed still and just took in what I was seeing, it was amazing for some reason, I loved watching how everyone was moving, and how they were fighting.

One of the guys who looked like he knew how to fight saw me looking, probably with awe on my face and started walking over to me. Stopping beside me and facing everyone else.

"you know how to fight?" the random guy asks not looking at me

"hi I'm Violet and you are" I reply almost sarcastically

"max. so do you?" he replies after a beat of silence

"well max, as a matter of fact, I know some things" shrugging I try to make it seem like I knew not a lot of things

"do you want me to teach you some things?" finally he glances in my direction

"I don't really think I am dressed for fighting" I explain looking down at my jeans and a big shirt

"ah see not all the time you will be, might as well be able to fight in everything" he smiles looking straight into my eyes, it takes me a second to see the colour of his eyes but when I do I can see his beautiful blue eyes it goes well with his brown curly hair that is like a mop on his head

"I guess your right" I step onto the matted area, gesturing that I would let him teach me some things

The next second max has stepped onto the mat and is throwing a fist in my direction, not expecting it I duck just in time to miss getting a black eye. I go for a hit to the stomach but max steps back and then he goes to try and hit me again we go back and forth until he gets annoyed so he trips me and we both go to the ground, him hovering above me with his arm against my throat, with a smirk like he has won,

I smirk back and then knee him right in the crotch making him hunch over and stay frozen for a long enough time that I roll us over and am now sitting on his hips, doing the same thing that he did with my arm against his throat.

Once he was recovered he looks at me with a new fire in him. Almost like he is telling me that we are being serious now and we both aren't going to go easy on each other. He somehow gets me to roll over and then rolls so he can stand up, like in the movies, he holds his fists up waiting for me to get up. Getting up my sole focus is on max and nothing and nobody else.

This time instead of going right at me, he waits and lets me look him over trying to find a weak spot. It takes a little bit but I notice that he is putting most of his weight on his left foot and leaving his right foot I also notice that he seems to not be comfortable like he is pushing through pain.

Once I'm done scanning his body and he Is done scanning mine we both look at each other and then we go at it again this time not holding back. I must admit I knew that we were both holding back but I didn't think he was holding back this much.

His hits were more powerful and his moves were harder to see, it was almost like I was fighting a completely different person. We went back and forth both of us giving each other a hit or kick every once in a while but rarely.

We were all over the place now, not trying to stay in the same spot. I'm pretty sure mostly everyone had stopped fighting because we got in their way if not everyone but at this moment I didn't care, my sole focus was on trying to beat max who was stubbornly very good.

Max goes to kick me in the stomach but pulls back at the very last second and punches me in the ribs. Hard. So hard that the wind is knocked out of me. I stumble back and try to take a deep breath, this wasn't something I wasn't used to I would be fine.

When I felt max getting close I turn around quickly and punch him exactly where he punched me knocking the air out of him, obviously not expecting It max strumbled back father than I did and has a confused look on his face. Just when we are about to go back at each other there is a yell that makes everyone still.

"violet" stopping what I was doing, looking straight up to see almost all of my family and friends there with Alessandro and Massimo standing in front of everyone

Max stops what he is doing too and looks at them with a straight face, still breathing a little weirdly. Looking around there was almost a circle around max and me. nobody was on the mat except people who couldn't fit onto the normal flooring. Looking back over to Alessandro and Massimo I see grandpa just behind them, smiling I wave at grandpa and go to take a step toward them.

Only to have max grab my wrist and lean his head toward me

"what are you doing, don't you know who they are" he whispers almost frightened

"don't you know who I am" I say as I break my hand free from max's grip and walk over to everyone just standing there

"hi guys" I smile and almost want to wave again

I can tell by the feel in the room that mostly everyone has no idea who I am and is thinking that I am probably going to die for talking like this to the great Costello family. Alessandro looks at me and I can tell that he is thinking the same thing as me.

"come with us" Alessandro says in a gruff voice, probably what he sounds like here to make people fear him

I take a step but then turn around and face max, smiling I say

"that was fun, let's do it again sometime" I make sure I have a big smile on my face and act almost oblivious to what the people think is happening

Max just grimaces like he wants to say something but knows that if he does then he will probably be in the same position he thinks I am in. I shrug and then look back to Alessandro with a small smirk.

"let's go bros" I exclaim cheerily and start walking away with a little bounce in my step

"Please don't hurt her" comes a voice from somewhere in the room

"Why would they hurt their sister" I say and just keep walking not waiting for them to say anything else with the rest of the fam following me until we are farther down the hallway.

. ☾ . 

guysss I am so sorry that this is so late, I have been sick all week so I haven't been able to actually write but I don't like to not update on Mondays so I had to quickly write one so sorry if this isn't as good as it has been 

on a much better note thank you soo much for 52.6k reads it means so much to me, it's actually really hard to believe that many people have read this

also, the part where the vines are covering the entrance to the tunnel I got that from someone else's story but I really can't remember which one bc it was last year but the story should be in the folder mafia/ gangs (completed) I am so sorry that I couldn't actually find the story but there is just so many in the folder I didn't have time to find it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

715K 14.1K 46
We have seen over protective brothers, there are maybe 6 , 7 or 8 brothers but what if a girl has 18 brothers, with her over protective parents and c...
44.5K 884 36
Book 1 in Love series. After this y'all gonna get a book about Venezio and his love. Warning: this book is pretty cringe and very messed up but ok ×...
Bambina By Ela

Teen Fiction

1.6M 49.2K 65
[[COMPLETED]] "La mia bambina." ••~oOo~•• Little Luca Cleo Cattaneo lives in a dangerous world. A world where everyone's a monster. People who would...
1.4M 36.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...