The Good Life

By MzTexas95

Kelly has everything in life she could ever ask for, but one night her life all changes when she comes across... More

The Good Life
The Family
The Alley
Kyle (Picture of Red & Kelly transformation)
Urges to Boundaries
Collabo
Confessions
Sister
Studio (picture of nose ring)
Leah (Kyle's Sister
Field Day & Gay Support
Long Ass Day
Three Days Later
The Apology
Charity Visit
The Return of Red
Power and Red's Mate
Meet the Parents
The Mees Kratige in Action
A Whole Lotta Work
The Fight
Meeting the New Talent
The Actual Song
Overstressed
The Wedding

Prelude

389 4 0
By MzTexas95

Kyle's POV:

Watching Kelly work is the sexiest thing in the world to me. She lets her braids hang in her face as she hums a beat and writes a lyric that 90% of the time was just a draft. When she comes up for air she racks her hands through her hair pulling her braids away from her face pushing the braids to one side of her head. Then when she'd get this great idea and tilt her head back down, swiftly, and create a wonderful song that she was doing right now while Joe and his songwriter were playing with beats on the dock of her sound machine. It was better than watching Picasso at work.

"Kelly, you want anything I'm sending Rock to get some food," Rocky. Joe’s manager, said focusing on his blackberry.

"Umm, I think you're forgetting that I work for Joe, and as his security guard, I am to stay around him and ensure his safety. So how do you expect me to do that acting as your errand boy getting food?" Rock asked crossing his arms. I heard Kelly giggling at Rock's comeback.

Honestly that was the most I've heard him talk since he's been here.

"Look, how about y'all just pick whatever food you want, and I'll get it for all of you," Kelly said getting up and stretching as we heard the bones crack in her back and arms.

"Yeesh, girl, you know the key to being comfortable is walking around so that you don't get stiff like that," Joe advised Kelly.

"Well that stiffness sometimes fuels my music, that's why the entire album is done," Kelly responded walking over to Joe, and her scent wafted over to me, that smell of fine wine. She was wearing jeans and a loose button down shirt that she probably found from her father. When she handed Joe the thick packet of songs, she walked back over to her initial seat, but I pulled her over to me on my lap.

"You look so sexy when you’re at work," I whispered in her ear. Rocky looked at us with an eyebrow raised.

"Thanks baby," she said kissing me on the cheek, "So tell me since you were listening to my thoughts what do you think of the songs?"

"I think they are going to be hits," I said kissing her neck and taking a sniff at it.

“Kelly,” Joe called making Kelly look up from where she was on my lap. “we have songs of our own that are more…” Joe trailed off looking at Lyric for a word that would help him finish his sentence.

“Sexual,” Lyric finished bluntly.

“Okay well I only wrote Almost There, Impossible, Circles, Time of Your Life, and Losing,” Kelly listed. “So that’s only five songs, we have enough room for whatever songs ya’ll want to add.”

“Cool so we’ll come back tomorrow with our songs and the music for it,” Joe said getting up and putting all of his materials away.

“Oh, okay, so tomorrow, I’ll walk you out,” Kelly said getting up and walking with them out of the door.  I moved from the recording room to her room and sat on the hammock where we watched the dragons mate I observed the natured themed room until I felt a prescence behind me. I turned around and saw the little girl, Bettie that claimed to be Kelly’s daughter.

“Hey Kyle, did I scare you?” Bettie asked.

“Sure did kiddo, what are you doing here?” I asked leaning down and picking her up.

“I get to spend the night with Kelly, she said that since I was good back at the care center, I could stay with her for a while,” Bettie said climbing up onto my shoulder.

“Sorry I forgot to tell you, but I promised her some quality time.

“No  problem, you’re kid,” I said holding on to Beattie’s legs.

“Oh and I ordered Chinese,” Kelly added on turning the TV on. And getting out a box from under her bed.

“Remember this Beattie?” Kelly asked turning around and looking at Beattie on top of my shoulders. Beattie thought for a while before she cheered happily and swayed her arms.

“Is it my present?” Beattie asked.

“Yes it is,” Kelly said holding the box out. Beattie jumped from my shoulders and attacked the box. The once plain box was now a baby horse lying on the floor with wings.

“OH WOW!” Beattie sighed marveling at the horse.

“He’s yours, what are you going to call him?” Kelly asked petting the tiny horse as he breathed in and out not being disturbed by her touch only relaxing into it.

“What about Peggy, a girl version of Pegasus,” Beattie said looking at the horse scared to touch it.

“Alright then,” Kelly smiled then whispered Peggy into the all-white horse’s ear and the name was inscribed in cursive on the horse’s upper thigh parallel to the spine. The horse jerked up and started neighing until Kelly go a hold of its neck quitted her down.

“Beattie, come pet her,” Kelly instructed Beattie holding her hand out for her to come touch the horse. Beattie was hesitant before she walked up to the horse looking him into the eyes and smile before she hugged her snout to her tiny chest.

“Hi Peggy,” Beattie smiled at her new horse. The horse did what resembled a smile and threw Beattie in the air which shocked me but not Kelly as she took a step back.

Beattie flipped mind air and landed on the back of the horse.

“Be back in 30 minutes the food should be here by then,” Kelly warned opening the roof for them to fly away. They left only leaving a trail of Beattie’s infectious giggles in the room.

“You’re going to trust them like this at this time of night?” I asked looking at her.

“I put a bubble around them,” Kelly said smiling then going over to the bed to sit down and pull her shoes off. “Ugh!” She grunted throwing herself on the bed.

“Long day?” I asked walking toward her.

“Yes and Rick Ross is about to come here,” she said. When I was going to question the doorbell rang. “Speak of the devil,” she said zooming out of the room. I dashed into the studio next door.

“So do you have the lyrics for me?” Kelly asked walking into the room with twenty other people.

Seriously an entourage of twenty, oh wait there’ Drake. Half the young money crew was there, and the other ten were a bunch of delinquents with Rick Ross. That’s so unproffesional, why couldn’t he have some decorum and bring his manager and producer. This just made me respect Joe more despite his choice in manager.

This happens all the time, it’s the difference in music genres that allow them this type of entitlement.

Kelly is really learning quickly because she was easily able to have a telekinetic conversation with me.

Your thoughts were just on your face.

I laughed at that attracting attention toward me.

“Everyone this is my boyfriend Kyle, he’s just going to sit in the back and watch, if you don’t mind,” Kelly introduced me looking over to Rick Ross and Drake

“No problem,” Rick Ross said immediately dismissing what Kelly said which made my hate for him grow ten-fold but I masked my emotion with a smile and sat down making my sketch pad and pen appear.

“So the song is basically being released tomorrow, and we wanted to put your voice on there as a chorus,” Rick Ross said. He made himself comfortable in one of Kelly’s chair.

“Before we get comfortable what would you lovely gentlemen like to drink?” Kelly asked addressing the entire group. Your blood, I thought with a smile.

Not happenin’ no time soon.

I laughed again as everyone in the room riddled off what they wanted and Kelly made it appear in front of them and then she sat in her chair waiting for Rick Ross to continue.

As Kelly attempted to work I scrapped the pen across the paper making dashing lines of the contours of Kelly’s face and the curves of her body.  The room got louder with background noise as Kelly tried to work out parts to put in her singing parts and I could tell by the waves of anger flowing off of her that she was getting upset.

I sent over a wave of calm to her that appeared to be a light blue smoke cloud that only I could see. Kelly could see it too if she weren’t pulling at her braids and facing the recording booth. When the cloud settled over her, her shoulders unclenched and she sat up smiling at me knowing I was the reason for her calming down.  

After about twenty minutes of recording and fixing each minor error, in the Kelly fashion, the song was finished and sent out to the radio to be heard by the next day.

“Thanks so much Kelly, that was real cool of you,” Rick Ross said.

“No problem,” Kelly said shaking his hand.

“To thank you we decided to give you this wonderful assortment of gifts,” Rick Ross passed a gift over to Kelly. Before Kelly could give her thanks Rick Ross and his friends rushed out of the house leaving Kelly and myself disturbed.

“Okay,” Kelly said smiling. She walked into her room and saw little Beattie laying on the bed with her unicorn by her side.

“I’ll put her to bed,” I said picking her up and cradling her in my arms while putting the unicorn on my shoulder. I put them in the room that Kelly showed me when she gave me a tour.

When I came back I was blasted with a wave of heat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 70 15
People find things like this to be toxic. Yano; falling in love with your boyfriend's older sister... SHORT STORY.
220K 7.1K 21
You, the reader, have just attended the best concert of your life- your very first BVB (Black Veil Brides) concert. After their set, you go backstage...
1.5K 4 27
Through odd dreams, Diana is being told she is the heiress to the Earth. She's confused with her life as problems and questions revolve her.
53K 2.4K 36
Read Really 1,2,3(alternate universe), and 4.