WE NEED EACH OTHER [DRARRY]

De seriouslymeh

This must be a mistake... I scanned the crowd until I found the silver eyes. They looked back, blank. *** Wha... Mais

Introduction
Aesthetics + Playlist
CHAPTER ONE : DRAMA
CHAPTER TWO : AGREEMENTS
CHAPTER THREE : RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER FIVE : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 2)
CHAPTER SIX : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 3)
CHAPTER SEVEN : TRAIN GOSSIPS
CHAPTER EIGHT : ENROLLMENT
CHAPTER NINE : BACK TO HOGWARTS
CHAPTER TEN : BACK TO HOGWARTS (PART 2)
✨ BONUS CHAPTER ✨
CHAPTER ELEVEN : MORNING MISHAPS
CHAPTER TWELVE : SWITCH PLEASE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN : UPS AND DOWNS
CHAPTER FOURTEEN : NOT-SO-ENEMIES
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : EVENING AT HOGSMEADE
CHAPTER SIXTEEN : THE ACTUAL FIRST DAY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : MUTUAL FRIENDS
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : FIGHT IN FLIGHT
CHAPTER NINETEEN : STANDING UP
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS (PART 2)
✨BONUS CHAPTER TWO✨
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE : WARNINGS
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : PLOTTING THE PLANS
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: SEEKERS ASSEMBLE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR : SECRETS ARE OUT
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE : SCARED, POTTAH?
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX : MALFOY VS. POTTER
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN : HIDE AND SEEK
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT : ACHOO!
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : DORMMATES?
CHAPTER THIRTY : LISTENER
✨BONUS CHAPTER THREE✨
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE : STUCK WITH WORK
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO : SNOGGING
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE : FROWNS AND SMILES
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR : SNEAKIN' IN AND OUT
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE : BONDING
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : APOLOGIES AND PRESENTS
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN : THE INVITATION
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT : THE PARTY
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE : THE KISS

CHAPTER FOUR : THE ROYAL GALA

396 83 229
De seriouslymeh

Draco's POV

It was the day of the ball, and I had absolutely no interest in attending it, let alone taking Astoria as my date. I had previously shown my disinterest to my mother, but she insisted on me. It was only for her sake that I dressed up.

It was time to leave now, but I decided to stay in my room. I could hear Father stomping on the stairs on his way to my room to force me to go to the ball. I balled my fist with an infuriated look on my face as Father barged into my room.

"And why aren't you downstairs already?" he asked.

"I'm not going," I said.

"Pardon me?" he asked.

"I'm not attending the ball, father," I said as I stood and walked past him. "Neither am I interested in being married."

Suddenly, I sensed Father gripping me by the wrist, preventing me from walking further. I turned to see his displeased face. Of course, I had upset him.

Tightening his hold on my hand, Father said, "Perhaps, you should learn to speak more politely with your father, Draco."

My eyes automatically lowered since I had a habit of doing that.

"Now, sit down," Father commanded. And I followed as told.

"Looks like I have to explain this to you once again," father said as he sat in a chair, facing me. "After the death of the dark lord, we have been facing a lot of issues, adjusting and keeping up with the prestigious families. Your marriage is an easy way to achieve the lost reputation of the Malfoy family."

"But why should Astoria pay for our sins?" the question slipped out of my mouth in a bitter tone.

"Her parents have agreed," Father said, "And if I'm not wrong, she is quite an admirer of yours."

I exhaled, turning my eyes away from my father's.

"I have always wanted the best for this family," father said, "You have no idea about the number of times I have sacrificed myself to keep you happy. Denying this marriage is a very selfish act on your part, Draco."

"But it's my life..." I couldn't finish my sentence as I felt Father's wand pressing on my hand. He was poking the tip of it on my hand.

"Don't take your decision in a hurry, son," Father gritted his teeth. "I'm elder than you and, thus, wiser. You are still quite young to understand my ways."

I was hardly paying attention to Father's words as I was focused on pulling my hand. Father was truly hurting me.

"Do you understand?"

"Yes, father," I winced, pain evident in my voice.

"Will you marry Astoria?"

"Yes, father."

"And are you coming to the ball now?" he asked sharply.

"Yes, father," I replied, and Father released my hand.

"Good," he said and stood up, straightening his coat. "Your mother and I will be waiting downstairs."

Father stormed off my room as I rubbed my hand where he had poked his wand. My pale skin had turned red, clearly forming a bruise.

Harry's POV

I was in absolute awe, admiring the view of the beautiful ballroom. It was way more extravagant than the Yule ball. There were garlands of silver hung in arrangements with pale flowers glistening in the light. The floor was large and polished, extending far, far away from where I was standing.

Food stations at the side of the ballroom were filled with bubbling drinks of all different kinds. The light seemed to radiate with no visible source. The music was low and jazzy, and everyone around them walked in the air of superiority, looking at them down their nose, their robes glittering from the light.

As my eyes wandered around the beauty of the place, my eyes fell on a certain blond wizard. At first, I couldn't figure out if it was really him. But when he turned, I could see his face. The pale face and glittering grey eyes.

Malfoy looked rather comfortable around the purebloods as he held hands with a girl younger than his age. I wondered to myself how easy it was for him to act ordinary after the war, knowing his family had destroyed a thousand lives.

How has he not suffocated already?

But Malfoy wouldn't. Taking up responsibility for their crime was something they never did. And Draco was no different. They committed their horrible deeds irrespective of whom they affected. Be it Dobby or Malfoy's friend Goyle. I knew Malfoy didn't take responsibility for any of them.

Here I was— mourning my loved one's death and suffering post-war traumas. But people like him were unaffected. They would always remain unaffected. A certain form of hatred began to develop in my mind toward Malfoy as I kept staring at him. He didn't seem to have noticed me.

"You alright, Harry?" Ginny distracted me.

"Yeah," I replied nervously.

She nudged closer to me. "You look pale. Let's get you a drink."

"Yeah, sure," I nodded.

We headed toward the drinks counter, where many people were crowded. Ginny and I fought our way inside, but the people were coming onto us. I managed to walk past them, but Ginny was left behind.

"Don't worry," I shouted over the noise, "I'll get you one."

The table was filled with various colourful drinks. I knew Ginny's favourite drink- gillywater. I picked one for myself and tried to grab one for Ginny when a hand appeared from the crowd, holding the same glass I had intended to do.

I wanted to back off my hand, but it was too late. Both of our hands grabbed the same glass, pulling it in the opposite direction, causing the drink to spill. I looked up to apologise to the other person when my eyes caught the sight of sparkling grey eyes.

I was dumbfounded. My mouth hung open as Malfoy gave me mean looks before grabbing another drink and storming off, muttering something scornfully under his breath.

The crowd began to disperse, and Ginny caught up to me.

"Harry?" she called out. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, yes," I said, "I just saw Malfoy. I almost spilt the drink on him, actually."

"Huh?" Ginny said. "Is he even allowed to go out in public like that?"

"I was wondering the same thing," I confessed. "Looked pretty normal to me."

"Did he say anything to you?" she asked.

"No," I admitted, "And that was the most confusing part. He did seem angry but didn't say a word to me."

"Must be trying to stay out of trouble," she said. "Come on. Let's find ourselves a table. The main ceremony will start soon."

"Yeah," I said and walked with Ginny, my eyes still searching for the blond boy in the crowd, who seemed to have disappeared.

Draco's POV

Potter was here.

That brat thought it was ok to attend a pureblood ball. How special did he think he was? Just because he saved the entire wizarding world didn't give him the right to simply interrupt a civilised social function.

I silently fumed next to Astoria. I saw the whole Weasley clan huddled together. Granger was here too. Potter's stupid green eyes were glazed over with awe. I rolled my eyes.

This ball isn't even that amazing. I have attended better.

My father glanced towards me, and I looked coolly back, not even blinking when his smirk widened.

"Draco," Astoria whispered, "Could you get us a drink?"

"Sure," I reply, still staring at Father. I was thirsty, so I planned to take one glass from among the crowd.

Honestly, the purebloods can be worse than muggles at times.

I walked towards the drink station and spied on a gillyweed. But as I reached for it, another hand grabbed it as well. I held the glass, not letting it go. We both tugged the drink at the same time, and the whole glass tipped over. I couldn't be less raged at the person. Gritting my teeth, I looked up to meet Potter's face — his mouth hung open like the dimwit he was, his green eyes piercing me with fake innocence.

I gave him a practised glare. I couldn't cause a commotion when my father was watching. Grabbing another drink, I huffed and walked off.

"Stupid twit," I muttered without looking back.

Potter hadn't even changed one bit. He was just as annoying with his stupid messy hair. Does he even know what hair gel is?

I handed Astoria the glass, which she sipped through thin lips.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

I scoffed, "Potter's here."

Astoria rolled her eyes. "Of course, you will have a problem with Harry Potter." She took my arm and turned me so I couldn't see Potter anymore.

He didn't even care about anything! Just holding his Weasley girlfriend like an arrogant prince, as if he belonged here. I would have thought he may have lost some of his stupid Gryffindor chivalry, but obviously, I was wishing for the impossible.

Stupid Potter with his annoying attitude.

I glared daggers at the ground. My mood had obviously gone from bad to worse after seeing my old enemy.

"Draco," Astoria called me.

"Yes?" I faced her.

"Can you relax a little bit? Your arm is very stiff."

I rolled my shoulders back and released the tension, Astoria reclaiming her grip on my arm.

"This is so boring," she said, "Why do you think Granger is here?"

I followed her line of eyesight to see Granger laughing with Ron and George.

"Why should I have any bloody clue?" I spat, "We all were allowed to invite two extra guests, and of course, they needed to complete the golden trio." I looked away irritably.

"Why are you so annoyed?" Astoria asked with a smile plastered on her face for public view.

I didn't reply, forcing my face to remain in its cool, calm facade.

Astoria snuggled closer, "We can go somewhere more private if you'd like."

"Won't our parents notice?" I said, trying to create some distance between us without looking suspicious.

"I'm sure they won't," she said, slowly getting up.

I stood with her, and she pulled me to the exit. I nervously followed her, looking out in case my father got mad. We reached the garden outside. It was dark, but the moonlight set shadows across all the plants. It was a beautiful starry night. Perfect — to spend with someone special. Unfortunately, I couldn't count myself in it. It was a pity for all the couples sitting inside to miss it.

"What now?" I asked, facing Astoria.

"Well, we didn't get to finish the kiss," she said playfully. Leaning on me, she touched my shoulder.

I could only see the outline of her face and the way her necklace shined.

No, no, no, no. Merlin, no!

"I don't think that's a good idea," I said nervously. I could tell Astoria's face fell as she pulled back.

"Father may be expecting me," I excused, "I need to look presentable."

I heard her sigh. "I guess you're right. Maybe later then."

"Yeah," I said. "Let's return to our table now."

Astoria nodded, and we both turned to go back to the main hall. In the darkness of the night, we could hardly see another couple walking toward us. They did not see us as well. We ended up bumping into each other.

A few apologies were exchanged between us, and I quickly recognised the voices.

Weasel bee and... Potter

As the person turned, their round glasses glinted in the light.

That is it!

Potter just drew the last straw of my patience. I decided to speak up, and I was not planning to go soft on him.

//OOooOoOoOoHHHH dramaaaa lol-

Another chapter complete- tho the ball isn't,

so stay tuned ;)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

475 11 9
"We start to find comfort in the strangest of places." The war has ended, and life is getting back to normal, or least supposed to be. For returning...
24.7K 611 38
"You're a good friend, Hermione." She narrowed her eyes at him. "So we're on a first-name basis now?" He shrugged. "I feel it's only fair after spend...
300K 5.3K 14
Y/n and Draco Malfoy were being forced into an arranged marriage by their parents. Only to find out they hate each other since Draco used to bully an...
6K 139 16
The golden trio are hanging out in the library, studying for their finals that were yet to come. It was the year after the war, 8th year to be exact...