Hubris

By Moonlit_Jazz

A mystery adventure type story, about an emotionless boy named Zeldris who has received a deadly curse for go... More

Chapter 1: The chosen one
Chapter 2: Repent!
Chapter 3: Restart!
Chapter 4: Confrontation!
Chapter 6: Resolve!
Chapter 7: Second Wind!
Chapter 8: The Brawl!
Chapter 9: The Brawl Part 2!
Chapter 10: An Offer You Can't Refuse!
Chapter 11: Change!
Chapter 12: Modesty!
Chapter 13: A New Face!
Chapter 14: Rejection!
Chapter 15: Dissension!
Chapter 16: Denier of Free will!
Chapter 17: A Little Help!
Chapter 18: A New Ally!
Chapter 19: Strike Back!
Chapter 20: Rule Of Three!
Chapter 21: Damned!
Chapter 22: The Truth!
Chapter 23: His Decree!
Chapter 24: Club Activities!
Chapter 25: Preparation!

Chapter 5: The Battle!

9 2 0
By Moonlit_Jazz

The scene starts with Zeldris and Renjiro facing each other. Zeldris bows his head at him, Renjiro saluted at him and Zeldris stepped away.

Renjiro: "Remember, the tides of battle only turn if you allow it. You have a strong spirit. Do not allow such a disgusting spirit to bring you down to your knees private!"

Zeldris: "Yes Captain!"

Zeldris saluted before he turned around and made his way out. Zeldris tucked his hands into his black trouser pockets. Spots of blood and dirt soiled what was once his pearly white shirt. Zeldris felt different..but would his training really pay off? The scene changed and Zeldris was back home, it was pretty late, eight o'clock to be precise. The sun had already set and the moon took over for her shift. Zeldris closed the door, he had a slight sigh as he got a moment of rest. At the table his adoptive Mother was fast asleep having light and delicate snores. Zeldris went over to the wash pile before taking a lavender coloured blanket, he draped it over her before tucking his hands back in his pockets.

Zeldris: "She must've fell asleep while waiting for me." He mumbled.

Zeldris shook her lightly to wake her up. The woman's eyes opened slowly as she groaned slightly.

???: "Hmm..Zeldris..ZELDRIS! Where have you been?! I've been worried sick."

Zeldris: "I've been out."

???: "I can see that young man, you've got blood on your shirt. Have you been fighting again? I've told you that it's bad and it's too dangerous for you, just look at your eyes. We need to take you to the hospital right away!"

Zeldris: "You're overreacting. I'm tired, I'll recover after I get some sleep. Goodnight."

Zeldris walked past her as he made his way up the stairs. His eyes started to feel heavy..meaning he was exhausted. As he opened his room door, he flung off his shirt and slipped into his pyjamas. Zeldris closed his eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep. Zeldris's' adoptive mum opened the door slightly, she took a peek at him having a slight smile.

???: "Sleep well."

BEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEP

Zeldris sprung up, he looked around before reached for his alarm clock. He grabbed it..it was now the  time for the moment of truth. His hands trembled, sweat streamed down from the side of his face. As he eyes met the large red numbers he fell silent..

Zeldris: "Six in the morning...but on what day?"

His right thumb covered the three letters that indicated what day it was, he was shaking..his heart pounding against his chest. Now for the moment of truth..

Zeldris: "Six in the morning..on a.."

His heart began to race even more, each thump heavier than the last.

Zeldris: "On a Tuesday!"

Zeldris didn't smile but he had a feeling of relief, he jumped out of bed before he stretched his arms out to yawn. This was just the first stage..now he had bigger problems. He had to fight the man that caused him so much trauma..just thinking about it sent shivers down his spine..but he couldn't allow a single ounce of fear or doubt to consume him. Zeldris balled his fists..he needed a plan. Zeldris grabbed his phone, he began to text the group chat with his three friends..he then called the chat.

Zeldris: "You guys, I've got something big to tell all of you. Meet me around the back of a school in fifteen minutes."

Zeldris was filled with determination, he set his phone down before he made his way over to the door. Zeldris opened his bedroom door, he made his way to the bathroom before doing his daily routine to get ready. Zeldris stepped out, he made his way downstairs quickly grabbing a piece of toast. He placed it in his mouth as he opened the door. His adoptive mother turned around from doing the dishes before saying.

???: "Hold it young man, you're forgetting your lunch."

Zeldris: "There's no time, I'll eat it later!" He said between muffles due to the toast in his mouth.

???: "Zeldris!" She called out after him as he ran away.

???: "That boy..at least he's got determination..I wonder what's got him so fired up today?"

Zeldris ran at full speed to his school, his stamina was immense today. Adrenaline was coursing through his veins as he sprinted to his school, he turned the corner as he made it onto the school grounds.

Ms Godrey: "Zeldris, I appreciate your admirable show of school spirit. There's no need to rush, school hasn't even started yet!"

Zeldris: "Sorry, Ms. I'm just so eager to learn.." He uttered in a blunt manner.

Ms Godrey: "I can see that, just remember to slow down or you'll fall asleep in my class..again."

Zeldris nodded at his teacher before sprinting off to the back of the school, he stopped in his tracks once he arrived. He was panting slightly as he tried to catch his breath, his chest beating, sweat streaming from his pores...quite the start to the day. Zeldris leaned against the wall as he waited for his friends..they were taking quite a long time, Zeldris gritted his teeth..were they even coming?..

After a while three boys stepped out from around a large concrete pillar.

Takeo: "Yo, Zel!"

Jack: "Just in time."

Ryo: "I do apologise Zeldris, if our famished friend did not stop at the bakery for a light snack. We would've been more punctual."

Jack: "Hey! Breakfast is important for a growing young man! I don't want to end up like the short stack over there."

Takeo: "Hey Hey, there's nothing wrong with my height! I can still reach your chin, so you better shut up!"

Zeldris had a slight sigh of relief as he looked at the group of boys he considered his friends.

Zeldris: "Alright, enough. I've got something big to tell you..."

The three boys stared at Zeldris in silence as they waited in anticipation for what he was going to say.

Zeldris: "I'm going to fight Donny."

The three boys froze for a moment before they all made shocked faces.

Takeo/Ryo/Jack: "EHHHHHH?!?!?"

Takeo: "Dude, listen Zeldris you're tough don't get me wrong...but that man is on a whole new level compared to you. Donny studies the art of kicking peoples ass and he works out at the gym! I MEAN LOOK AT HIM, HE'S A FREAKING UNIT!!"

Jack: "I agree, this man will pick you up and snap you in half."

Ryo: "I'm not one to doubt my friends abilities, but they do have a point Zeldris...Donny might be far too strong, especially for someone of your caliber"

Zeldris: "Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's too late to do any of that. We're fighting today after school at the park."

All three: "EH?!?!?!"

Zeldris: "That's why I called you here, I'm going to make a plan. I need all your help."

Takeo: "No way."

Jack: "Nope."

Ryo: "I feel you may have gotten the wrong idea about us being allies..we aren't your pawns."

Zeldris: "I THOUGHT I CAN COUNT ON YOU GUYS!"

The three poked silly faces at him.

Takeo: "We're just kidding, Zel. We would never abandon one of our bros. What do you want us to do?"

Zeldris: "Alright first things first..."

The three huddled together as Zeldris told them the plan. The scene changed and Zeldris was packing all his stuff away in his locker, as he shut the locker door he looked to the left to see quite the unsettling sight..it was Tabitha.

Zeldris: "Can I help you?.."

Tabitha: "You don't have to do this...you don't have to fight him."

Zeldris: "Does your hair really block your eyesight too? I punched him, he wants me now. It's not like I can run away."

Tabitha: "But he'll kill you! You can't go.."

Zeldris: "Okay. What's it to you? Remember what you said, we don't know each other and it's not your business what happens to me."

Tabitha: "Things are different..you've met father, you've been trained by him..but it won't be eno-"

Zeldris grabbed her by the collar and stared deep into her purple hues.

Zeldris: "Listen if you're here to doubt me and your fathers teachings then get lost. The last thing I need right now is someone doubting me and putting me down when my damn life is on the line. Have faith in your father, have faith in me and I will do this."

Zeldris let go of her collar before he locked his locker and walked off. Tabitha looked at him walk away, before looking down at the ground. The scene changed and the the final bell rang and Zeldris stepped outside of the school building..his boys were waiting for him outside.

Takeo: "Let's do this, Zel."

Zeldris had a slight huff.

Zeldris: "Yeah, there's no turning back now."

Zeldris tucked his hands into his pockets as he walked in the centre of the group. The four made a long line as they made their way to the park. When they had arrived, Zeldris saw Donny and his boys standing there waiting..there was no turning back now, it was time for a fight.

Donny: "Well, I gotta say. You've got a set of brass balls punk. I thought you'd pussy away and hide. Good choice ya didn't. I'd be even more pissed...knowing I had to look for your bitch ass."

Zeldris: "Good to see you too Donny."

Zeldris's friends hid behind him. They shivered as they looked up at Donny's hulking stature. He towered over them, his shadow practically shrouding them. Zeldris looked back at his friends..they were quite terrified, he needed to make them feel at ease somehow. He sighed before looking back at Donny to say.

Zeldris: "After this are you going to go home and make more crusty socks?"

Donny cut his eyes and gritted his teeth as anger boiled from within him. The smug smile that was spread across his face disappeared instantaneously as a vein popped out in his forehead. Donny's boys covered their mouths to hold back their laughter..but one accidentally slipped and bursted out into laughter. Donny looked back at the lackey that had laughed. He growled before slamming his fist into his face. His teeth shattered, his nose broken as he flew back from the sheer force of his punch. The boy was knocked out cold..they couldn't even be so sure he was still alive.

Donny: "Anyone that thinks that was funny step up. I'll send all your pussy asses to hell free of charge."

Donny looked back down at the four boys before cracking his knuckles.

Donny: "You four are fucking dead!"

Zeldris: "Split up!"

Takeo/Jack/Ryo: "Aye Aye!"

The three boys split up and ran into different directions. Donny looked back at his group of boys commanding them to hunt them down..all that was left was Donny and Zeldris. Donny raised his hand, he then lifted his index finger taunting him to come closer.

Zeldris untucked his hands from his pockets, he started to walk before he broke into a sprint as he rushed toward the bully. Zeldris leaped into the air and twirled around, with the back of his right leg he kicked Donny in the face..but it did nothing. Zeldris felt shock surge through his own body..it really was like hitting iron. Zeldris crouched down slightly as he landed on his feet, Donny was still standing..he didn't even move an inch. Zeldris gritted his teeth as he threw a punch into his gut..no results..not even a grunt of pain from the hulking man. All it did was bounce off his rubber like gut. Zeldris tried to uppercut him..as his fist connected with his chin Donny's eyes scrolled down to look at him. Donny's head was tilted back slightly but it still was like punching a slab of iron. His attacks were futile..it didn't have any affect on the bully..not one bit.

Donny: "Is that all you got?"

Zeldris raised both his arms before wrapping them around Donny's thick neck, Zeldris gritted his teeth as he looked down. He tried to put Donny in a choke hold, Zeldris put all his strength into it...but it had no effect. Zeldris at least tried to choke him out but he didn't even budge..he still stood strong. Donny was like a walking stronghold, all the flurry of attacks that hit him were futile. Zeldris tried to jump back..but it didn't work, Donny grabbed him by his shirt before holding him up.

Zeldris: "What the hell are you made out of..titanium!?"

Donny stared at him before he laughed, he gripped his shirt tighter before saying.

Donny: "That would be cool, but no."

Donny pulled back his left hand, he balled it into a fist before punching Zeldris in the gut. blood splattered on the ground as he coughed blood up instantaneously. Donny's fist was implanted in Zeldris's gut, sweat flew off along with the drops of blood as Zeldris flew black and slid on the hard gravel. Zeldris groaned slightly..the punches were swift and the impact was that of a truck hitting you at max speed. Zeldris began to see stars and three of  the hulking bully, it was like the punch made him intoxicated..

Donny: "That was it? Wheezing after one punch?! Don't be such a bitch, you got me all riled up and it was a one punch KO?! Get the fuck up you pussy!" Donny said as he cackled.

Donny ran over to Zeldris before moving his leg back to kick him. When the kick connected with his stomach, Zeldris let out a cry of pain. His pupils disappeared briefly symbolising the hit almost knocked him out. Zeldris rolled along the ground before coughing and looking up at him.

Zeldris: "What are you?..." Zeldris said weakly.

Donny outstretched his arms before he began to cackle, then his cackle turned into hysteric laughter as he looked over him.

Donny: "BAHAHAHSHAH, ARE YOU THAT FUCKING DUMB?! YOU HAVEN'T REALISED IT YET?! UNLIKE YOU I'M FAVOURED BY THE GODS.."

Zeldris: "Huh..wait..don't tell me you're a c-."

Donny: "Did it finally get through that thick skull of yours punk?"

Donny walked over to Zeldris. He had a malicious grin as he looked down upon the weakened young man. He smiled in anticipation just like a predator stalking it's prey in the jungle. Donny raised his foot over his head, the shadow of his foot engulfed Zeldris's head...

Donny: "I have the curse of strength punk! BAHAHAHAGAGAHS YOU'RE ALL FUCKING WEAK COMPARED TO ME! Once I take care of your ass, your dickhead friends are next. You get it now? While I have this curse you're all WEAK compared to me! All of you pathetic little bitches will eat from the palm of my hand...well not you or your boys. Standing up against your king is an act of treason..and you will be punished for going against the decree. It's time for your judgement, punk."

Zeldris cut his eyes. He looked up at his foot before Donny began to lower it toward his head. Donny imbued his right foot with immense strength as it got closer to Zeldris's head. Zeldris closed his eyes.

Zeldris: "I failed...."

CRUNCH.....Zeldris's eyes were sprawled out on the floor along with bits of his skull and brain matter. Blood splattered everywhere painting the grass and gravel a grizzly crimson red. His teeth was mixed in with his brain along with the blood. Donny scoffed as he lifted up his foot..a piece of his eye and brain matter was dripping off his foot, the blood dripped on the floor also as the sole of his school shoes was covered in bits of gore.

Donny: "Disgusting..I guess you do have a brain after all, I didn't think you did..especially after thinking you actually had a chance against me BAHAHAHAHAHSHS."

BEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEEP

Zeldris woke up on a panic, he looked around before grabbing his clock. It was Tuesday..six in the morning. Zeldris closed his eyes having a moment to himself...he gritted his teeth as he looked down at the alarm clock in a panic, his hands trembled as he slowly felt despair consume him..what will he do now?..

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hubris: Vol 3 By Moonlit_Jazz

Mystery / Thriller

9 0 37
Now that Zeldris has gotten a few links to uncover the mystery, Zeldris and his friends decide to travel to Italy to try and uncover the piece of the...
2.7K 111 38
When a group of strangers are not merely forced to just cross paths, but also become well adapted to the fact they have no other choice but to become...
0 0 15
Zeldris and his allies travel to find a cure for Phoebe's sickness, will they be able to find it before it's too late? Will Zeldris get a piece to th...
4.7K 90 13
~ Book 1: Deadly feelings ~ ~ Book 2: Hidden feeling~ ~ Book 3 ??~ coming soon... Two years of staying together after college, officially, they're en...