I will save you (Kunikuzushi...

By iamscaredoftheocean

Please note: Due to the timing of this book's release and the release of the 3.0+ patch(es) in Genshin Impact... More

Prologue- PART |
We'll be very close one day
Ice cream flavors
Crying is human
The best of friends
Familiarity
Let us not meet again
What has to be done
Feelings
A story about the past
Blood and tears
Intrusive thoughts
A moment of comfort
An unexpected turn of events
Change in a person
Finally leaving, right?
Killed
Our last meeting
PART ||
Failed
All alone again
The story is changing
The goddess Gisela
On the hunt
That day
Travelling
Captured
An idea
Escape
Emerald eyes
Months
The festival began
The return of Dottore
The return of Scaramouche
Finally awake
Everlasting lord of Arcane Wisdom
The false god
PART |||
Sumeru days
He wants out
Best night
Negativity
It's us against the world
The deal
The deepest part of Irminsul
Erased
And there he was
PART ||||
Never changing feelings
Bandages for my heart
A familiar hold
Just like we used to
Physical love language
Herbs
Cute ribbons
Cruel
The line between us
Lies
Forever
Pre - Reincarnation
Not now, not ever
Swimming
An eremite party - Part 1
An eremite party - Part 2
Epilogue - Saved

About... the feelings...

11.5K 595 436
By iamscaredoftheocean

Y/n pov:

Nahida and Aether had been gone for a while. It had been silent between me and Kunikuzushi. He could probably not speak and I enjoyed the silence so it was no problem for me.

I sat on the floor, hadn't moved an inch since they left. That's when I heard Kunikuzushi attempt to speak.
I turned my eyes to him and he looked back at me, trying to say something.

I waited for him. "W-why..." he whispered.

Why what?
Does he mean why we had to defeat him? Probably.

"We couldn't let you become a god, I thought that much was obvious..." I said carefully. However, he shook his head. "No... idiot." He said, sounding as if he was trying to be venomous but failing. If he tried to insult me, it didn't work.

"Why... did you come look for me... in the factory... that day..." he asked between his shaky voice. Oh...

I was hesitant to answer, but decided to do so. "Why wouldn't I? What else would I do after waking up after 500 years? You were the only one I had." I said honestly.

Then I met his eyes again, he tried to glare at me.
"I told you... I would kill you if I stumbled upon you again. Yet you still pursued me in this battle." He said. His voice had gotten better at least.

I sighed. What an idiot he is.
"Yet you still went easy on me in the battle. You jerk, you shouldn't have done that, you doomed yourself to lose." I lectured him. He sighed, but I wasn't done speaking yet.

"And anyways, trying to make me your first follower goes against everything you said." I lectured him again. He sighed in annoyance again. "That coma you put me in was annoying you know! I've been resting too much for my liking. I think I'll be able to stay awake for years until I'm sleepy again." I said.

He rolled his eyes. "It wasn't that big of a deal. I bet you were enjoying it." He smirked.

It took everything in me not to hit him right there. "Oh please, you were the one who did it." I said back.

He chuckled. "I guess I was. Can't blame me can you?" He said, speaking in a fake innocent voice.
I rolled my eyes but smiled along. "You did miss me then, more than you'd like to admit I assume." I said and smirked.

He raised an eyebrow. "Who missed who here? I'm pretty sure you're the one who's holding me so affectionately right now." He said.

"You'd rather I let go of you?" I asked.

"Don't." He answered immediately. He spoke so sincerely and softly with only that word.

My soft hold around him didn't let go.
It was silent for a few seconds before I heard him chuckle, breaking the silence. "You didn't get hurt, did you?" He asked me regarding the battle that just went down.

"Only a little exhausted." I answered.

"You're strong you know... you almost annoyed me in that fight." He said back causing me to roll my eyes.

He was obviously acting as if he didn't reach out to me, begging me not to leave him about an hour ago.

"There's something you should know." I said.
He nodded, mentioning for me to go on.

"I'm a demigod, not mortal or any yokai. A demigod." I said straightforward. It was about time the poor guy knew what I was. He looked at me weirdly.

"What?"

"The goddess Gisela. She was my mother. Um, the goddess of reincarnation." I spoke. His eyes widened.
"You're not-" he started but I cut him off.
"Not from this world. I am not." I confirmed.

"You know... that actually makes sense..." he said and groaned in annoyance.

"I'm glad it does..." I said.

"I'm also not sick anymore. I haven't been sick since that day." I said. I'm healthy now, never been better.

He nodded. "That's good..." he sounded relieved. Although I'm sure he already figured out himself that I had gotten rid of my sickness.

Then it got silent between us. I'm sure there was something we both wanted to talk about but none of us knew how to bring it up.

Before I froze under the cliff... Kuni and I were rather... affectionate...
He knew back then that I liked him, but liking someone and loving them are two different things.

I never got to tell him that I actually loved him.
But was this the right moment to bring it up?
I guess there's only one way to find out. I was too weak to show my affection for him before because I was scared, but it ends now.
I can't be scared for ever, right?

I started talking, "I want us to talk about-" but I was cut off by the bright light that erupted in the room around us.

My mouth snapped shut and my head shot towards the light.
Nahida walked out of the light and towards us.

"I'm glad there seems to be no trouble here." She said. I looked towards Kuni and saw that he was glaring slightly at Nahida.

"Yes... everything is alright." I said.

Nahida nodded. She started explaining what had happened, she didn't seem to mind that Kuni was listening in on everything.
"We got to Irminsul and managed to fix it with help of the gnoses. And then we were teleported back to the sanctuary. That's when trouble started again." She said.

I sighed. "More trouble?" I asked.
She nodded. "I spoke to Aether about Irminsul when we heard a loud buzzing noise which caused Aether to faint, and then The Doctor Appeared." She said. My eyes narrowed. The Doctor didn't leave Sumeru?

"I thought Aether said he had left Sumeru." I started, Nahida continued. "Apparently there were more versions of him, multiple." She said.

My eyes widened. "And what did that version want?" I asked. She sighed. "Well he wanted both of the gnoses. And I made a deal with him and he got them." She said. What?! She gave him both of the gnoses?!

My eyes widened. "You gave them to him... just like that?..." I asked. She nodded.

Then Nahida looked towards Kuni in my arms. "Unfortunately, he also said that The Balladeer wasn't welcomed back to Snezhnaya... he's stranded here in Sumeru." She said.

I nodded. "Anyways... Aether is sent to heal with a friend of yours, the same one who cared for you Y/n." Nahida said.
Oh, Tighnari.

"Meanwhile I will conceal The Balladeers powers, so he cannot be a danger to us." She said. I sighed. I didn't think he would hurt anyone soon, he seemed to not care at all for anyone else right now.

Kunikuzushi hadn't said anything yet, he just listened and laid calmly in my arms.

"I see... will Aether be okay?" I asked. She nodded. "It might take a few days. But we'll see him soon." She said.

Nahida walked closer to us and her hands hovered above Kunikuzushi's chest. "I think I know how to do this." She said. Her hands started glowing, and Kuni's eyes had a small shine before they closed.

I didn't know he would fall unconscious. "Wait- what did you-" Nahida cut me off quickly, probably not wanting me to panic. "Don't worry! I just concealed his power away, it just caused him to fall unconscious for now." She said.

I frowned as I looked at his sleeping face.
A sad look dawned upon my own face and I sighed. We'll have to talk about this another time then...

"Everything is fixed now... Irminsul is safe and the false god is defeated. Let's go back to the sanctuary." She said. I nodded in agreement. "Alright."

Nahida used a lot of her powers and teleported us out of the domain.

With a bright flash before our eyes, we were in the sanctuary.
Kunikuzushi laid on the small flower shaped platform Nahida had previously been captured above. He laid in the middle of it. It looked really cute to be honest.
I tried to contain a small laugh as I saw it.

Nahida spoke again. "I'm sure I can entrust him to you." She spoke regarding my Kuni.
I nodded. "Yes. I can take care of him." Turning to her I asked; "Does this mean you think he can be reformed?"

She hummed. "At first... I didn't think so, because I saw him in that domain." Then she smiled. "But then I saw him reach out to you after you caught him. He seemed so... vulnerable. Perhaps if anyone could reform him, it will be no one but you." She said gently.

I smiled. I was glad it seemed that way, because maybe it was true then. I will help you heal Kuni.
And hopefully the word us can have a new chance together.

————————————————————————
A/n:
it's been about a week and Author is back with a short chapter haha. I don't have an excuse for waiting so long, except simply not wanting to write much this past week.

I know, I know, with me who uploads at least once every four days it must be frustrating to wait longer. And I admit, even when I myself wait for updates on books I like, and the Author has some good reason to not post: (Helicopter crashing outside, their country went up in flames, they are in the hospital, and all that.) I always go "WHAT ABOUT MY FEELINGS?! MY PRIORITIES?!
I need the updates!"

*********************************************
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/
*********************************************
|
End of part ||
|
*********************************************
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/
*********************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 4.2K 21
♡⇢ "𝘠/𝘯... 𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. [...] 𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘎𝘰𝘥... 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸�...
5.1K 261 19
Living in a world where she had never experienced the death of a loved one, her immaturity lead her to delude to a foolish decision. ✧"The best gift...
341K 9.9K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16⛔️] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...
303K 7.9K 48
.•° ✿ °•. -ᴅᴇᴀʀ ꜱᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ɪ'ʟʟ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ- .•° ✿ °•. Scaramouche x F! reader (Modern universe) ••• After admitting that Scaramouch...