Swimming

Warning: sexual themes and blood
If uncomfortable or annoyed while reading, it's on you.

————————————————————————

Y/n pov:

My feet stood in the water for the third time this week. And it was only Tuesday.

How does that work? Well, simply because yesterday, I took a couple steps into the water before turning around and going home. Only to get angry at myself and return to the water an hour later.

I allowed my feet to draw circles in the water, not feeling that bothered by the splashing droplets meeting my skin anymore.

My Kunikuzushi wasn't here with me right now.. Usually, he didn't leave my side that much, but this morning me told me he had to take care of something in the city. He didn't say much more so I assumed he didn't want me to question anything.

I took a few deep breaths. The water reached above my knees as I took more steps deeper.

I let my hands glide below the surface and brushed water up my arms. I reacted slightly at how cool the water was.

My eyes snapped forwards, and I took one last deep breath before letting my feet loose footing and falling forward into the water. Making sure I kept my head above the water, I swam further out.

I looked towards the dock about eight meters away and saw two small orange figures moving outwards.

A smile found its way to my face as I met Yin and Yang's eyes. They barked happily and soon confidently jumped into the water, swimming over to me. Yang barked as he swam, making me let out a small chuckle.

The blue water didn't frighten me, not even when I had realized that I couldn't reach the ground this far out.

I took a deep breath and ducked my head under the water, swimming about one meter down. Being a demigod helped me hold my breath for a much longer time than any mortal could.

I let myself float under the water, looking around at the corals, the fishes, and the paws of two foxes swimming towards me on the surface.

The water had never felt so comfortable before.

My eyes scanned my surroundings more. While I looked around, I noticed my everything brightening up. At first I thought it was due to the light, it put a smile on my face when the corals brightened.

But then my smiling expression turned into one of confusion. My surroundings weren't brightening up due to the light, everything was turning white.

I still felt my body swimming in white void, looking around.

In front of me, two figures appeared. My eyes widened as they were both recognizable.

First there was... Scaramouche. At least that what he looked like, but his face held the look that Kunikuzushi would give me. It was his first incarnation, the first him. And next to him was... Her. She still looked terrible.

They didn't seem to have noticed me at first, but then they did. Their eyes widened and they both smiled. Her smile was one I had never seen her give. I didn't even know she could smile like that.
Kunikuzushi just smiled like he always did, with love.