Herbs

A/N: Do not read further if you're a sensitive reader.
———————————————————————

Y/n pov:

"You're going to the city?" Kunikuzushi's voice trailed behind me as I walked.

"Yes. Since I've been at home these last few days, I'm running out of medical herbs for my poor animals. What if I find another one hurt and on the brink of death?" I spoke, letting my words sink into his head.

He knew how much I cared for my animals, they were the only ones I had except for him.

"Yeah, but if you want, you can give me a list and I'll go there for you. You can rest and stay home." His worried voice spoke. I didn't know why he sounded worried. It wasn't as if I was hurt anywhere, it was perfectly fine for me to go myself.

However, due to the tone of his voice, I considered it for a moment. Staying home while he fetched what I needed from the city. But I shook it off immediately.
"No no, I've been staying home for too long. I can't become too antisocial." I said.

Kunikuzushi's eyes wandered off everywhere, probably thinking about who knows what. "Alright, but at least let me go with you." He said.

I rise an eyebrow at his statement. "But..." my voice made his eyes widened as he likely realized what I was about to say. "...I thought you wanted to stay away from the city." I questioned.

He nodded uncertainly a few seconds before his nods became more confident. "Yeah, but... I don't want you going alone. Walking all the way there takes time. You'll probably be gone the whole evening." He said.

Then he took my hand and walked next to me.
Maybe he was acting like this due to the recent event that happened in the alley...
Whatever it was, he seemed to get nervous or anxious every time I mentioned going to the city.

I didn't really like his discomfort of the topic, it just made me uncomfortable as well. But, I didn't show that.

The walk towards the city was quiet. It wasn't uncomfortable or awkward, but certainly not the best. It took about forty minutes. By the time we were there, the sky had already grown dark.
Thankfully, the streets weren't crowded, and only few people were outside at this time.

I walked to the pharmacy. The owner had returned at last.
The serpent I had at home had healed well enough with a small amount of herbs. But now that I could buy more, the next animals I would help, would heal quicker and better.

As we arrived at the pharmacy, Kunikuzushi stationed himself outside the door as I walked in. People who didn't know better would probably think he was some sort of bodyguard.

I'd definitely need to ask him about his behavior later.

"Y/n, my favorite customer!" The older man greeted me as if I was his own daughter.
I returned his nice words with a smile before replying. "It's so nice to have you back in the city." I said.

"It's nice being home too. A week isn't long but when you're old like me, you start valuing such time." He spoke. I didn't have to tell him the items I needed before he went to get them. I had been going here every week, I was basically famous in the pharmacy.

"Of course, you should always value the time you have. But you're not that old sir, you shouldn't have to stress yet." I told him as I watched him place the items on the counter.