DESTINY'S FAVOURITE CHILDREN

By DilSeRe_

MS and Virat were happy in their lives, what happens when they get to know that they have another brother? Ho... More

Character Introduction
Prologue
1. Home? Is it?
2. Moments with Family
3. The New Beginnings
4. Truth or Dare
5. Cricket and Deshmukh family
6. Coaching under MSD
7. Virat's Day Out in the Academy
8. Rishabh and gang bunks school
9. Inside the Lion's Den
10. Rishabh's birthday
11. Homecoming
12. Party!
13. Family time
13. Virat Deshmukh
15. Girlfriend?
16. Gully Cricket
17. The Fanboy
18. A Deadly Beamer
19. The Audacious Virat Deshmukh
20. The Transformation of a reckless teenager into a responsible parent
21. Cool Guardian?
22. The Troublemaker
23. The Four shenanigans and the Bike
24. To a Lion's Feast
25. Album of Memories
26. Mother
27. Mahi's childhood
28. The blossoming of a Relationship and the Teasing joys
29. Trip Gone Wrong
30. Mahi Bhai's kids
31. What googling your symptoms leads to!
32. When Side-Effects Show Up!
34. The Grumpy Virat
35. Suspension!
36. Ambiguities
37. The Sequelae of Jealousy
38. Teacher's Day!
39. Teachers day - Virat's version
40. MSD and the Indian Cricket Team
41. Let the Wounds Heal
42. Virushka?
43. Rab ne Bana di Jodi
44. Parents to be
45. Missed you!

14. My Academy, My Rules

1.7K 113 85
By DilSeRe_

When MS came back, he found Virat in his room, lying inside the blanket. He presumed he was sleeping, so he just quietly went and checked over him, he could see some light from the blanket.

"Virat! " MS called out and Virat took his head out of the blanket abruptly.
MS cursed himself for speaking at the wrong moment, Virat was wincing because of the pain. MS sat on the bed and carassed his head slightly.

"Aaram se baith cheeku, sar ko mat hila aise" MS spoke and Virat just looked at him plainly.

"Bhai yar bore ho gya hu mai itni der se idhar pade pade, jaan nikli ja rhi hai meri boriyat ke maare, rishu kahaan hai? " Virat said shifting his head in Mahi's lap.

"Sar se khoon nikla hai par boriyat se jaan nikal rahi hai teri hmm? " MS taunted as he ran his fingers through Virat's hair.

Virat bit his tongue, so Mahi bhai still hasn't calmed down, his words were still riling him up. He needed to be careful!

"Rishu ko upar bhej rha hoon, khud neeche jane ki koi jarurat nahi hai tujhe" MS told him. Virat frowned, Mahi bhai had asked not to move out of the room till he returned and he obeyed like a sincere child, now he was saying that he couldn't go out even now? He opened his mouth but closed as he realised it's only going to end up in him getting more scoldings.

"Bhai" Virat spoke meekly, "abhi bhi gussa ho? "

"We will talk about this beta, what you did today needs to be discussed" MS said and Virat gulped. He could clearly sense the danger in this otherwise harmless sounding sentence.

"I am sending Rishu in 5 minutes. Dono ladai mat karna aur bhagna bilkul nahi hai cheeku" MS said as he put Virat's head carefully on the pillow and got up to go.

Rishabh came back to Virat's room with two cups of coffee and some snacks. Virat sat up as he saw him coming. Rishabh closed the door behind him and spoke with raised eyebrows, "ab kya kaand kiya aapne bhai? "

"Kuchh bhi toh nahi. Ab kya hua" Virat asked alarmingly.

Rishabh came closer and handed him his coffee as he sat on the bed, "Bhaiya aur jyada gusse mein lag rahe the"

"Mai jab se tum log gye ho room se bahar kadam nahi rakha hai maine, jaise Mahi bhai ne bola tha, so maine toh kuchh nhi kiya. Tune hi kiya hoga koi kaand, yaad kar" Virat said taking a sip of coffee.

"Yaar aap waapis ulta merepe mat aao. Kuchh ni kiya maine, achha bachcha hoon mai. Subah bhi aapne hi koi kaand karke ye chot lagwai thi tab bhaiya ne daanta tha aapko" Rishabh snapped.

"Tujhe kisne kaha mereko danta tha unhone? " Virat asked, raising his eyebrows in a very Virat-like manner.

"Kisiko batane ki kya jarurat hai? Aapki shakal pe likha hua tha" Rishabh replied, earning a whack from Virat.

"Injured ho aap and you are confined to bed rest. Behave like that cheeku bhaiya, warna mai.. " Rishabh left the warning hanging.

Virat whacked him again on his head "cheeku bhaiya fir se?"

"Ow- kitna zor se maarte ho yar aap. Lagti hai aapke hath ki. Bulau bhaiya ko?" Rishabh threatened again. On any other time, he would have already screamed for MS by now, but this time Rishabh was resisting because he knew Virat was already in mud.

"Roz gym na aise hi nahi jata mai" Virat said showing off his biceps.

"Huh? Whatever" Rishabh shrugged, "bhaiya se toh aapko padne hi wali hai, tab dekhta hu konse biceps aur triceps kaam aate hain aapke"

Virat threw a pillow on him, "bohot jyada nahi bolne laga tu?"

Rishabh smiled and shook his head in no as he caught the pillow "Mai toh bas aapko thoda si hint de raha tha kya hone wala hai aapke sath"

Virat caught another pillow and threw on Rishabh, but Rishabh dodged it and ran out of the room, not before showing Virat his tongue.

Virat was infuriated, he ran behind him on instinct, but Rishabh was faster, he went and settled besides MS, who was cutting vegetables sitting on the couch.

Virat stopped dead in his track as his eyes fell on MS, his back was facing him, but that was enough to make his widen and his heart flutter. His clenched his eyes shut when MS turned his head to face him.

"VIRAT! " MS spoke making Virat flinch. "Bhai, wo-wo- I can explain" Virat spoke hastily before his eyes fell on Rishabh, who was giving him teasing looks and the sulk on his face turned into frown.

MS crossed his arms against his chest, "I thought this discussion could wait till dinner, but no, you just cannot spend a moment without inviting danger. Come to the study"

Rishabh, who was sitting there quietly enjoying the scene, his eyes lightened as he heard those words. He smiled and did a little victory dance on the sofa, before following MS and Virat to the study.

"Tujhe kisne kaha peechhe aane ko? " MS turned to ask Rishabh, who bit his tongue immediately.

"Go back to your room and study" MS sternly said. "But- " Rishabh sulkingly opened his mouth.

"Suna nahi tune? Go" MS again said. This was the turn for Virat to smirk at Rishabh. Rishabh shot him a disgusted look and ran away.

MS guided Virat to the study and made him sit on one of the chairs in front of his table. MS leaned on the table, standing there glaring at Virat. Virat immediately felt a sulk coming in, it had been a few months since he last came here for a lecture and the time gap was making him feel a lot worse, especially when he now had a brat of a younger brother too, who would tease him to no ends.

MS didn't speak for whole 2 minutes, giving Virat enough time to sink in the feeling. Virat understood that, Mahi bhai wasn't a violent person, but his ways felt a lot more violent than anything. He knew he will get into more trouble if he opens his mouth, but he had to break the tension that filled in the air, so he spoke,
"Bhai yaha mat bulaya karo please, ye discussion mere room pe bhi ho sakta hai na, beemar hoon mai"

MS shut him off with a glare. "Mai room pe hi karne wala tha Virat, but you asked for it. Bola tha na room pe baith ke aaram karne ko, kyu bhaag ke aaya neeche?"

Virat looked down and sighed, he knew it was coming, it was inevitable. "Pahle you play carelessly, you get injured, you land into a hospital, you don't think the need to inform your family about this, chalo yaha tak maan liya, Can't you even rest Virat? Itni si baat bhi nahi sunni? "

"Bhai mai rest hi kar raha tha. Wo toh wo rishu mereko bhaga ke laya neeche" Virat reasoned.

"Do you hear yourself Virat? Wo bachcha 7 saal chhota hai terese, wo bhaga ke laya? Dono 12 saal ke judwa bachcha ki tarah ladte ho tum" MS scolded. Virat frowned, why was he getting scolded for something Rishabh did?

"Bhai fir toh aap usko bhi bulao yaha, meri akele ki galti nahi hai, wo bhaag ke aaya isliye uske peeche mai bhaaga" Virat complained. MS felt like palming his forehead, he thanked God that Rishabh was not Virat's age, otherwise he would listen to these rants much more and he did not know how to handle two teenagers in the skin of adults.

"Will you shut up for once? Tujhe mana kara gya tha neeche aane se, use nahi. Tu kyu aaya uske peeche, wo bhi bhaagte hue? " MS asked in an intimidating tone.

"Sorry, aa gya galti se, ab kya bachche ki jaan loge kya uske liye. Jaane do mujhe ab mere room mein, jab tak aap nahi bologe nahi aaunga waapas" Virat said as he stood up from the chair.

"Sit down Virat. Did I say you can go? " MS asked sternly. Virat shook his head in no innocently before sitting down again.

MS walked over to his chair behind the table and sat down, authoritatively, in front of Virat. He placed his elbows on the table and leaned a little towards the table. " Let's come to the point. I needed to discuss with you about the pitch you were practicing on"

Virat palmed his forehead, did Mahi bhai see the pitch?

"It's been 10 years since this academy started and at no point of time, any student or any player was given that kind of pitch for practice. Why? " MS asked.

Virat just looked away. He did not like where the conversation was going.

"Look at me and answer Virat. WHY? " MS spoke sternly, his voice rising gradually. He almost shouted the last word, making Virat flinch.

Virat's lips quivered, he dared not answer the question. "It wasn't that difficult to answer Virat" MS spoke again.

"It wasn't that bad bhai" Virat finally spoke, mentally congratulating himself for coming up with a line other than 'because it was dangerous and lethal'

"Aisa hai? Kal rishu se bhi usi pe net practice karwau? Infact, rishu hi kyun, baki bachche bhi karenge usi pe practice, to master uneven bounce and swing"

"No that's dangerous" Virat immediately spoke, even before he could register what he was about to speak.

"EXACTLY. IT'S DANGEROUS VIRAT, WHO GAVE YOU THE PERMISSION TO PLAY ON THAT PITCH? " MS spoke as he stood up from the table, thumping his palms together on the table.

Virat flinched, but he was not the one to back off. "I meant it's dangerous, for kids"

"Virat" MS said as he came closer, "Thank heavens that you are injured right now or else Rishabh's wish of seeing you get beaten would have gotten fulfilled today only"

"If ICC were to rate this, it was 10 times poorer than the pitches they have rated 'poor and dangerous to play'. And you think I'm overreacting on this? " MS said.

"Er- I- I didn't mean that" Virat said.

"You meant exactly that Virat. Nothing justifies you 'deliberately' asking for a pitch that is lethal" MS snapped.

"Anyways" MS said, sitting back in the chair, "After today, any pitch you bat on, has to be examined by Mr Sharma or me beforehand, I was thinking to do it last year only but I thought I shouldn't be micromanaging an international player, but I have learned it hard way, you cannot be trusted in these matters"

Virat's eyes widened, no way, it felt like he was an under-16 club player, "Ye jyada ho raha hai bhaiya, aise thodi hota hai" Virat whined.

"My academy, my rules" MS smirked, leaning back on the chair, rolling it backwards.

"Ye galat hai bhai, ye nahi chalega.. " Virat ranted. MS just raised his eyebrows and shrugged in 'as if I care' notion.

Virat calmed himself down and spoke in a more sincere, negotiating tone, "Bhai aapko pata hai na abhi 15 din mein", Virat looked up to see if Mahi bhai was listening, MS indicated him to continue with a hand gesture, " haan toh ye series mere liye bohot important hai bhai. I want to do well in this test series. Aapko pata hai na waha ki pitches mein swing aur bounce dono hote hain, mai bas usi ke liye prepare kar raha tha"

"And you know what Cheeku" MS said in a gentler tone , "You will do well even without putting yourself at risk. It's tough, but not impossible. Bounce and swing, both can be played with good technique and endless patience"

"But" Virat argued, "what's the harm in preparing beforehand for what's coming?"

MS smiled, Virat was arguing but it sounded more like a rant. "What's the harm? That's right on your head beta"

Virat looked up, then realised what MS was saying and a deep scowl formed over his cheeks. "Any other argument you want to put up? I'm open for all kinds of arguments as long as you do not hurt yourself" MS said, having a soft smile over his face, a smile that looked deceptively charming.

"Aapse koi nahi jeet sakta arguments mein, bakhsh do iss naadaan bachche ko" Virat said joining his hands in a mock gesture.

"Cheeku, I've played cricket, aur tera bhai nahi ek former cricketer ye keh raha hai ki pitch dangerous thi toh thi na? Already sar pe chot lagwa li, kaise khelne du us pitch pe bata? " MS said, in a much gentler, loving tone.

"You are the most passionate cricketer I have ever seen Cheeku. Tujhe kabhi practice karne ko bolne ki jarurat nahi padi, hamesha jitna practice karna hota hai usse jyada karta hai tu. I know you want to be the best in the business and you won't stop before becoming the best in the world, and I'm proud of you. I'm proud of you for that, but beta, there is a limit to what your body can take. Do not over-exert yourself, mujhe ulta dar lagta hai tera, tu training karne lagta hai toh tujhe kuchh yaad ni rehta kahaan tak karna hai, time kya ho gya hai, ghar jana hai ya nahi, khana khana hai ya nahi, chot lag gyi usse farak nahi padta, kab tak chalega aise? "

Virat smiled, no matter how tough Mahi bhai pretended to be, whenever he scolded like that, it was always his fear speaking. Nobody understood it better than him, even if he was the reason of it most of the times.

"May I get up? " Virat asked before standing up, smiling mischievously. MS nodded in yes. Virat walked over to Mahi's chair and hugged him, leaning over his chair. MS got up, making Virat stand too, before hugging him tight.

"I am sorry Bhai, har baar aise karta hoon, par kya karu, aadat se majboor hoon" Virat said, hugging MS.

"Aadatein badli ja sakti hain, haina" MS said parting the hug and Virat knew what was coming.

"Go sit back on your chair" MS said as he sat back on his own. Virat went and sat back quietly.

MS stretched his arms, "for now you are not going to any morning jogs, no gymming and definitely not for net practice or any such thing, basically you are not going out till your injury heals completely"

Virat narrowed his eyes, "that sounds like grounding to me"

MS leaned back comfortably, " Grounding will be complete when I'll confiscate your phone and ipad, for now jaane deta hoon. But you break one rule, I'll confiscate these immediately"

"Fir mai karunga kya poora din ghar pe? " Virat asked.

MS got up from the chair and walked to Virat, "You are not new to getting grounded Cheeks, I know you will find something" MS said as he patted his cheek lightly.

"Dinner apne room pe karega ya yahin? " MS asked.

"Yahin, sabke sath"

"Toh bahar aa, air chup-chap baith jab tak dinner ready hota hai" MS said as he guided him out.

Rishabh was ecstatic when he heard Virat's punishment. "No morning jogs, no gym? For a week? Bhaiya aap inko roz punish kiya karo".

"Oy, panda, mai nahi jaunga iska matlab ye nahi hai ki tereko bed se nikal ke zabarsasti nahi bhejunga" Virat said as he threw Rishabh a dirty look.

"Bhaiya dekho kya bol rahe hain" Rishabh cried.

"He will not do any such thing Rishu" MS consoled him, "but start going for morning walks, that is a good habit to have" . Virat smirked at Rishabh and did a small fist bump.

Rishabh sulked "bhaiya aap bhi" . MS just took him in a side-hug, "Try bachcha, it isn't that hard"

Rishabh rolled his eyes. For him waking up early was the hardest task. He idolised Virat but he couldn't inculcate these habits of his. His brother was too much of a beast for that.

Mahirat part-2. Tell me how was it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.6K 9.6K 69
Time doesn't heal everything, Acceptance does! Peep into know more!
94.8K 6.5K 71
A lost and found fanfic but it involves ICT. Yuvi ,Mahi and Rohit are brothers - the stars of cricket. A bond like theirs is hard to come across bec...
55.7K 2.7K 26
A Story of bond between Mahi, Virat and Rohit. Which also includes other ICT members.
7.2K 287 5
Summary - It was just after the South Africa wherein Virat had announced his decision to step down from the Test Captaincy. MS had lent his support a...