My Forever Crush

By Zika_writes

#Book 1 of 'Best friends' series Kamso is a shy highschool girl that had always had a crush on Michael, the h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 A
Chapter 59 B
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Epilogue

Chapter 55

271 30 4
By Zika_writes

Dedicated to all my readers. Henjoi
Mike

It's been two days since our last episode, it's just like walking on egg shells with her. One wrong move, and it takes another two to three days before she opens up to me again.

At least she's not avoiding me like the last time, she's just not talking to me unless I talk to her first then she'd reply in monotones. I'm not complaining, I won't ever stop until we're back together. But not to worry though it ends today. How?

I'm taking Kamso out today. She has always said no before but today is going to be different and I know it. I got out of my car with a spring in my steps as I went in.

I mean finally remembered, back then she would always say no when she actually meant yes. All these while she's saying no, she actually wants me to pursue her. I hope my theory is correct. She said to stop holding her but she means the opposite, it makes sense.

I just pray it works, I mean, what's the worst that could happen? She looked up from her book and I grinned at her. She went back to her book and I stared at her, I had to be right.

"We are going out." The look on her face was priceless and I held my breath.

"What?"

"I'm taking you out now, so go get ready."

"I'm not going anywhere." I shook my head and walked closer to her. I squatted in front of the couch where she sat and she looked up in surprise.

"I'm sorry but.." I said taking the novel from her hands and the bookmark from the handrest. l placed it between the pages and looked back at her.

"I wasn't asking and I'm not talking no for an answer."

"I'm..." I ignored her and carried her up from the
couch. She wrapped her hands around my neck to hold on and I smiled when her jaw dropped in surprise.

"Michael Achusi put me down this minute." I turned to her and kissed the tip of her nose. Now she looked really flustered, I'm right people. She haven't changed at all.

"Have I told you how sexy you look when you're angry." I whispered in her ears.

"Put me down."

"No."

When I got to her room, I dropped her on the
bed. "I'll give you ten minutes to get ready
bae."

"And dress casually, jeans will be fine." I said when I got to the door.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I heard her say as I walked out. Yeah you are. I thought and smiled, why didn't I realize this earlier.

I came back to her room exactly ten minutes later and waited at the door some. I really hoped I was right. I opened the door and she sat on her bed her face glued to her phone but yes, she had changed out of her house clothes.

She looked up with a beautiful scowl on her face. "Wipe that grin off your face."

"Yes ma'am."

"You look astonishingly and breathtakingly beautiful by the way." I whispered to her ears as she walked past me. She didn't say anything but I knew she was smiling, she had to be.

"Stop looking at me like that." Kamso said from behind her menu.

"Now how do you know that I'm looking at you."

"I know you are." She lowered it and she was smiling. I missed that smile. She squinted then and looked at something behind me and I watched as colour literally left her face. Her ex husband?

"What is it Kamso?" I turned to see what she was looking at. God. Please not today, not now that I've started making some progress.

"Oh my word. I never thought I would see the
day. Mike."

Sophia lke.

I looked at Kamso and she was reaching for her hand bag, I covered her hand with mine and held her gaze. For the first time since we met again, I read her expression perfectly. Mistrust. That was all I saw. Well at least anger wasn't there.

"Kamso. Don't go. Please."

"What? So you can-

"Mgbo." her eyes searched mine and the unshed tears that filled her eyes broke my heart. She looked up when Sophia finally got to our table and I forced myself to look away from her face.

"Kaiso is it? Wow, imagine seeing you after all these years."

She pulled out a chair and joined us. "You haven't changed at all." she said to me.

"Sophia. I didn't know you were in Lagos."

"I actually came because I heard you were back. I was going to come to your office later this week but since you're here now. I figured we could talk."

"I–

"Privately." I looked at Kamso but she shook her head.

"It's fine. Take your time." Did she mean no?

I nodded regardless and brought her hands to my lips in a kiss. Sophia and I went over to another table and all the while, I kept my eyes on Kamso.

"I'm sorry." my eyes snapped up to Sophia and she was looking at Kamso too.

"You told her didn't you." I'd been suspecting all those years but I couldn't be so sure of the reason Kamso left. Sophia nodded and turned to me.

"I showed her the video."

"You showed her what video?" I asked having a bitter taste in my mouth all of a sudden.

"Of us, in the hotel room that day. That day you took me to Asaba, I had already planned ahead. I already reserved that room and had someone set up a camera before we got there, in hope you would fall for it. I never meant for all these to happen."

"There's no way you could've planned everything that happened. It's not possible." I said thinking back on that day.

"I mean I didn't plan the whole thing. I counted on the traffic, the rain helped. But you have to understand..... I was desperate Mike. We used to have something, al the while I left I pinned for you, only to come back and see you all over her. I wanted you for myself. I had to do something. Anything."

"So you...."

"Yes."

God. I swallowed hard and looked at Kamso again, she was already looking at me. Our eyes locked and I looked away. God please, let there be hope for us. Now I understood her anger and mistrust. She saw. My heart squeezed with pain as I imagined the hurt
she felt when she saw that video.

"Mike, I can't start to tell you how sorry I am for what I did. You and your family were nothing but help to me and I repaid you with that. I just didn't know that you would break down like that. I didn't plan for you to go through all that pain."

I looked at her really for the first time.

"You're sorry? You ruined a perfect....."

I stopped wasn't her fault, it was all my fault. It was my fault for leading her on, for agreeing to stay back when I could have looked for another hotel to stay that night. Mostly for letting myself be seduced. For
hurting the one girl I've ever loved.

"I should get going" I stood and she held me back.

"Forgive me."

"It's OK Sophia."

"Thank you Mike. I'm really sorry." I nodded and walked away. Kamso stood when I got back and smiled at me.
"We should go, I lost my appetite." She said and I nodded and walked behind her all the while thinking that her smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

                     ********************

We sat in silence for so long after we got back until I couldn't take it anymore. "Talk to me."

Kamso ran her hand down her face "About what Michael? What do you want to talk about?"

"You know what I mean." she ignored me and I got up and walked out.

"Does it even matter anymore? It's not like talking could change anything."

"Kamso..."

"But I have to know, did you plan that?" her voice stopped me right in my tracks.

"Plan what?"

"Sophia. I mean out of all the restaurants in Lagos, she just had to come to that one and you just had to take me out today. Is this your way of telling me you're tired of me already?"

I frowned and shook my head "What are you talking about? I was as surprised as you were to see her there."

"And you just had to leave me there to go to your childhood sweetheart."

"You said it was fine by you."

"Well I didn't mean it." anger flashed in her eyes and then hurt, A lone tear fell down her cheek and she wiped it immediately

She turned and walked up the stairs hurriedly but I met her halfway to the top.

"I love you Kamso. I never stopped." I told her, she had her back to me and I noticed her shoulders were shaking from her tears. I hated that I hurt her.

"It's not going to solve anything."

"I love you Mgbo." I whispered again. She turned to me and I ached to put my arms around her and let her cry on my chest.

"Then why did you sleep with her." her eyes wore every emotion and she willed for me to say that nothing happened between Sophia and I. I guess she read the words behind my silence because more tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Of course. No answer."

"I...it was a mistake Mgbo."

"Stop calling me that. A mistake? How? Please help me understand because I don't."

"I ..I'm sorry Kamso."

She walked to her room and brought down her box then she opened her closet and started bringing out her clothes and throwing them into it. I stood there at the doorpost frozen with fear and watched her,
recalling how bleak my life was without her.I can't let her go again.

"Stop." I got to where she stood and took the clothes she had in her hands from her. She ignored me and went to get more of her clothes. I pushed her box away and removed the clothes she had packed already.

"Kamso stop. Just stop. Can we just talk about this?"

I ran my hand down my face in utter frustration. She was going to leave and I was helpless to do anything about it. I held her hands.

"Let me go." she pushed me away and I let her

"Just talk to me baby, Well get through this, please just.... just give me another chance." she finally stopped and looked at me with a smile, a sneer more like.

"What do you want to talk about? Oh, I know, how did you enjoy your time with her? How did you enjoy ravishing her body?" my heart broke as lwatched the expressions, the hurt in her eyes.

"Kamso." she went back to packing and felt the walls closing around me, suddenly the air became dry and I found it difficult to breathe. I walked to her and held her waist then pulled her to my chest

"Please my love." I whispered, She broke down then and started sobbing and each gasp for air was like a milllon knives to my heart.

When she calmed down, she pushed away from me and wiped her eyes. Her face was puffy but for me, I haven't seen a person more beautiful than she was. I can't lose her again, God please, I can't bear the thought of losing her.

"I didn't have sex with Sophia" I sounded like a fool, but I couldn't help it. I was grasping at straws, anything to make her stay.

"She told me that it wasn't the first or last time."

"She lied. I never for once slept with her. The video.....the video you saw, that was all that ever happened between us and it was a mistake."

"It was all that happened between you two? Listen to yourself Mike. It was all that happened." she chuckled to herself and wiped her tears again.

"We were going to get married, we were supposed to be in love and be the center of each others life. What happened to that? I wasn't enough for you? Apparently you had many centers."

"You were the center of my life, you still are. And you're enough for me, you-

"Then why?"

"It was just that once. I was-
I stopped when I found out that I had no reason.

She scoffed and pulled her box back from
where I'd pushed it to."Yeah, I thought as much. You know, that makes me even more enraged. Just once. l'd rather it was the tenth time she seduced you
that you fell for it. Just once? Is that all the self control you have?"

I closed my eyes and let her vent all the anger she felt. I heard the tears in her voice and it hurt me that I couldn't do anything to console her and even more that I was the cause of it.

"Is that all it takes? One naked lady prancing about and one time? To think that we ve been together for
eight years before that and we never even got that far. What? My body wasn't cutting it for you? I'm sure that I could be stark naked in front of you and you won't even budge."

I looked at her when she said that about her body and she was already looking at me unshed tears in her eyes. Because all these years all I could think of
was maybe we should've had sex. Perhaps.

Her voice trailed and she covered her mouth with the back of her palm and blinked her tears away. It broke my heart to hear her doubt everything we ever shared.

It wasn't about sex for me, I loved her enough to want to wait until we were maried. I wanted for our wedding night to be perfect for her, for us. But I messed it up and hurt her.

"It's not you. It's not about the sex Kamso-

"Then what was it about? When were you
planning on telling me?"

"Mgbo..."

"You have no right to call me that. You have no right to make me fall for you again, telling me how beautiful I am and writing stupid love notes to me. Looking at me like you feel anyth...

She swallowed hard and started hitting my chest with clenched hands. I pulled her close but she kept on hitting me.

"Don't touch me Michael. Stop touching me!"

I cradled her head against my chest and she finally stopped struggling and cried.

"You hurt me." she said admist her tears and I
nodded.

"I know and I would take it back if I could Kamso. I didn't mean to, you're everything to me. You mean the world to me, I'm sorry Mgbo. I'm so sorry." she kept on crying and I just held her as her body shook with each passing tremor.

She pushed me away after some time and we both stared at each other. My eyes pleading and sorry. Hers emotionless. She went back to her closet and when she came back with more clothes, It wasn't fear I felt and it wasn't panic either.
I was numb. God, Please. Please. Help us get past this.

"How do you explain the letter then." she said after packing her clothes silently for a while.

"What letter?"

"The stupid love letters you wrote her, you don't even like writing."

What on earth was she talking about? I thought as I wracked my brain thinking of any letter. What other lie had Sophia told her.

"I didn't write Sophia any letters. I hate writing Mgbo, you said that yourself."

"It was your handwriting Mike, stop denying it."

A love letter in my writing? Perhaps..Could it be.... How could I have allowed our relationship to be messed with like this? I reached up to cup her cheek but she turned away and I let my hand fall.

"You are a million treasures. A smile from you is enough to make a thousand dark days bright. Your laugh. Your laugh Mgbo I swear is the sweetest sound to my ears and the way your eyes light up when you think of a crazy idea. You're beautiful." When I stopped she turned and picked some of the clothes that lay on the floor.

"Did the letter sound like that? Like someone's pathetic attempt to pen down his feelings." It wasn't the same words I used but the feelings were the same.

"What do I care about that?"

"I wrote that letter to you Kamso." she turned and searched my face.

"What?" her voice was small and she looked like she was about to cry all over again.

"You said to surprise you and I was going to give it to you for your 23rd birthday. That's the only explanation Mgbo, I've never written any love letter to anyone but you."

"And the phonecall? She called you that day I left Mike and you sounded in love."

"Sophia called me? What are you talking about?" Just how much damage was I looking at. I remembered that day perfectly, I mean how could I forget.

"I only talked to you that day. I told you that was coming back soon and then we texted some. And few minutes later you called me."

"I didn't. I never called you after we had
texted."

"When you called, you sounded a bit hoarse and when I asked you said-

"That my throat hurt since the day before?" She cut in with disbelief written all over her face.

"Yes."

"That was Sophia. You couldn't even tell between Sophia's voice and mine? That doesn't even make sense. But why will, how....

She sounded tired all of a sudden. And now wished her voice was accusing, at least then there was hope. Now she just sounded like she was giving up on us.

"Kamso it was your number." Sophia really played us didn't she. We both stood there staring at each other, each to their thoughts, until she sighed.

"This.... All these....It doesn't matter Mike. It doesn't matter. Not anymore."

"Mgbo." God. I've lost her. The pain in her eyes as she told me as much. I've lost her for real. I've lost her.

"I can't do this anymore." I heard her say and I let go of her hand. She packed some of her stuff into her bag and walked past me.

I took her hand and held her back, she stopped and looked at me. I searched my pockets and brought out my keys. I opened her hand and dropped the keys, then pecked her lips and her forehead. Surprised she even let me.

"I made a mistake Mgbo, I know and I'm sorry. I can't even start telling you how sorry I am for hurting you but you're the only one I've ever loved Kamso. I still do, I love you so much."

"You should take the car." I said when she
didn't say anything and 1 stepped away, she had to figure it out on her own.
I had to let her go.

                    ***********************

Kamso

I looked back to the room just before I left and Mike was bent over with his hand covering his face. His shoulders shook slightly and I narrowed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things. He was crying. I
swallowed hard unsure of the emotions that coursed through me.

I had never seen him cry, I figured. All the times we were together. He was always teasing and smiling and laughing. And romantic but l'd never seen him cry. I wanted to go to him and take him into m arms, but I turned and left. Again.

                  ***********************

"You look bad. Wait have you been crying?"

Ij asked as she let me in. I sighed and walked behind her silently until she opened a door and we walked in.

"I'm sorry for barging in like this Ij. Just for a few days." she shook her head and took my hand and then led me to one of the rooms.

"Kamso you don't need to ask, you can come anytime you want. I'm going to let you shower and freshen up. Then we'll talk. Ok?" I nodded and she left. I slipped out of my clothes and took a long shower.

The door to the room opened as soon as I finished
dressing up and Ij peeped in with a smile on
her face.

"You look better. Now.....sit." She patted the space beside her and I sat down.

"Tell me all about it." her voice was so soft and I leaned on her shoulder and started crying again. I loved him so much. And I did. I told her everything. And I felt lighter than I had in ages.

"So, you found out that she lied to you and he really didn't have sex with her like you thought?"

I nodded. "Then what are you doing here Kamso?"

"Ij you don't understand."

"I do. I really do, I understand that he hurt you by having anything at all to do with her and then not telling you about it. But I also understand that he was tempted and he's not perfect. But bestie he's finally come around, he has asked for your forgiveness."

"Now, I'm not applauding him, but Kamso most men would cheat and not even see the wrong in it, which again, I'm not endorsing. That man loves you. You know that don't you?"

"It's not easy to forget-

"Not forget Kamso. Just forgive. Do you love him?"

"You know I do lj. I love him. I just can't get past the fact that all the while he was telling me how much he loved me, he was keeping this from me."

"Perhaps you've loved him only when things were good. What about through rough times, times when he's weak? Love bears all things Kamso, it believes all thìngs, hopes all things and endures all things."

"Ij, love doesn't seek to hurt others."

"True, but it doesn't keep record of wrongs too. You've loved this man almost all your life. I'm sorry to say this but it would be really stupid on your part if you let him go because of this. Michael loves you Kamso. And you love him too, so just work hard to get past this."

"What if he cheats on me again? I've always been afraid that he'd do that again and I don't know if I can take it Ij. I can't give him my heart again for him to step on. l love him so much but I'm scared of this vulnerability."

"If Mike truly loves you then trust me, hurting you will be the last thing on his mind. Let's see it this way. You said you love him Kamso, will you want him hurt?"

I shook my head and she smiled "I doubt he wants to hurt you as well. Now, when two people are in love of course once in a while someone gets hurt but it's not intentional and you'll work it out with time. Just think about it ok?"

"Since when did you become so smart?"

"Since you and Mike decided to make me your relationship counselor." I smiled and rolled my eyes and she continued.

"And because I've invested so much in you guys, I'll really be disappointed if you don't at least try."

She lay on the bed and chuckled "Do you remember back in uni? I tried so much to get you to see why you and Mike won't work? You finished me with insult each time."

I laughed and lay on the bed next to her and we both stared at the ceiling. "Nobody could say anything about Mike. I think back then, I envied how you loved him with reckless abandon, you didn't care what Muna and I had to say. 24/7 you were on the phone with him. Always smiling and blushing. And you're still like that with him, even though you try to hide it. So please try and talk it out with him. "

She took me way back, to midnight calls, back and forths on who would end the call, jokes we had going on. I missed loving him like that. Recklessly.

I nodded and she enveloped me in a hug. "I love you Ij. "

"Tell that to a certain handsome chemical engineer, I'm sure it would lift his spirits." I laughed and shook my head, now she could get me to laugh anytime.

"There. I love you too."

"And Kamso."

"Yes?"

"Your starboy called by the way. And he sounded lost, so you settle whatever it is that you have to settle fast." I nodded and closed my eyes but l couldn't rest because Mike's words kept ringing in my head.

"You're the only one I've ever loved Kamso. I still do."

What's love without forgiveness and trust. I've been really unforgiving. So what he messed up Kamso?
I got up and reached for my handbag and his keys. I fumbled with my sandals and when I finally got it on, I rushed out of the room.

"Chikamso Chinezeremgbo where on earth are you rushing to." lj said and I turned to see her with Toby resting on the couch.

"Toby. I didn't know you were home. How far?"

He smiled "I'm fine."

"I hope I didn't interrupt" I said looking at how disheveled Ij's hair was.

"Actually you did." Toby sald and Ij hit his shoulder with disbelief all over her face. I chuckled and watched as he pecked he.

"Did you need anything Kamso?" Ij said getting up.

"No, I'm going back." The way her face lit up made me smile. As if she was the one making up with Mike.

"Already?"

"Four years too late, you mean." I said and she smiled and nodded.

"So I take it that you've finally decided?" I nodded my throat clogged with unshed tears "I love him."

She squealed and hugged me. "I'm so happy for you bes. Now, go ahead, what are you waiting for? Call me later tonight though with the full story"

"And here I thought Chisom was the gossip."

"It's called feedback. Call me."

"I will. Thank you Ij." she nodded and I walked to the car.

I took a deep breath and started the car and on my way back, I thought of what I was going to say to him. cannot believe that I stayed away from him
for four years and he didn't even do It, He loved me still, I'm the biggest fool there is. I still hadn't thought of anything when I pulled over at his place.

"Madam."

"Friday, is Oga in?"

"Yes ma." I went back to the car and he opened the gate. I took my handbag after packing and moved inside. I went to his room but he wasn't there. Could it be that he was still in mine? I thought and went there.

I opened the door and he was standing near the window looking out. Whether he didn't hear me come in or not, I didn't know but he still stood with his back to me. I just looked at him and my heart grew with fondness and love and desire and most
of all, trust and forgiveness. The tears started again.

"Mike." He turned immediately and our eyes locked. He did look lost, his eyes were bloodshot and his shoulders were slumped. I wiped my tears and sniffed. He is gaze centered on me, he looked at me like he could he see the deepest part of me.

"Did..did you forget anything?" there was a tinge of hope in his voice, I heard that. I tried to chuckle but it came out in a soft cry.

I nodded, "My heart."

His eyes lighted up slowly. "Do you want it back?" he slipped his hands in his pockets and turned fully to me and while his stance said one thing, his eyes said another.

"No. I just wanted to tell you to take good care of it."

His shoulders visibly dropped in relief. The left side of his mouth lifted up in a smile, the way I've grown so much to love and I couldn't help but smile amidst my tears.

I don't know who moved first but we kinda met in the middle.

"I'm sorry it took me this long, Mike. I'm so sorry. Forgive me for not believing in us and for giving in that easily without a fight. I'm sorry, I'm s0 sorry. I forgive you."

He nodded "There's no need to apologize Mgbo, it was my fault. I'm sorry love. I hurt you kamso and I'm sorry. You're enough for me Mgbo."

I nodded and he wiped my tears with his thumb. "I love you so much." I said and he chuckled and reached out his left hand to caress my face his eyes searched my face.

"I haven't heard that in ages. Tell me again."

"I love you." I rubbed my face all over his chest and put my hands around his waist

"I missed you so much." I said and started crying all over again. "So so much." I whispered against his chest, my words came out muffled.

"Hey, hey." He said and tried to lift my head but I refused and hugged him even tighter.

"Baby." He whispered and rubbed my back.

"I miss you calling me that." I said.

"Come here." He carried me up and I squealed and
wrapped my legs around his waist, "I missed this." he said not taking his eyes off me.

"What?"

"You, in my arms. Not a day passed without me thinking of you. I don't even know how I survived without you." he nuzzled my neck and I sighed.

"I'm sorry." he whispered again. I nodded and stroked his beard.

"How much did you miss me." I said giggling when he went back to nuzzling my neck.

"So much. Come to think of it, it was so bad that I even missed the selfie addict side of you. The eyes rolling Kamso too."

"I don't take selfies that much now. Lucky you. But I promise to always roll my eyes just for you mister."

"And the sass." he chuckled. His eyes dropped to my lips and my heart lept with joy. It's about time. My eyes fluttered close and I waited for him but when he didn't kiss me, I smiled with my eyes still closed. This man has started again.

But the look on his face when I opened my eyes wasn't teasing. It was love. He finally brushed his lips against mine and

I sighed from the contact. I missed this. His mouth pressed against mine as he deepened the kiss and I returned it with every love I felt. And the kiss felt like love, like Mike, like home.

"God I love you so much." Mike murmured against my lips.

"I love you too." suddenly he spinned with me still in his arms and i giggled and held on tight. He kissed my neck and then nuzzled the same spot.

"I thought I had lost you." he said softly and I felt like crying all over again from the hurt I heard in his voice. All this while I've been thinking about me alone and not considering his feelings. I've been real selfish haven't I?

"Baby." his voice dragged me away from my thoughts and I looked at him.

"I'm not perfect.".....He shook his head "In fact, I'm far from perfect and I can't promise that we won't have misunderstandings ahead. But please Kamso don't leave me. Just stay and we'll always work it out."

I wiped his tears and I'm sure he doesn't even know he's crying. I hurt him too. I pulled his head to my chest and stroked the back of his head and let him weep silently. I'm sorry.

"I won't." I whispered to him. "I'm sorry Mike.
I'm sorry."

                 *************************

"Wake up."

"Hmm." I stirred and hummed.

"Wake up Kamso." I smiled when I remembered last night. I must have fallen asleep in his arms.

"Kamso? What happened to Mgbo? Or bae, or any those silly pet names you call me." I murmured as I stretched, a silly smile, I'm sure, plastered all over my face.

"Mgbo?" Agruff voice replied. Wait a minute, that wasn't Mike's voice at all. It sounded more like Jay.

"Whatever do you mean? I was right, you have been cheating on me you harlot."

I turned and saw Jay beside me, his face full on heated anger. He gripped my arm and pulled me up to meet his face.

"Which one of the many men you sleep with calls you that."

"Jacob I was just...l was-

"This is what I get after two years of marriage? This is it?" He bit, the grip he had on my arm tightening.

"I....

I started tearing up and at that moment, I couldn't explain the immense sorrow that settled upon my heart. My chest felt heavy and I struggled to breathe.

You mean it was a dream? The moments I had with Mike, us making up, that was all a dream? I covered my face with my palms and sobbed. God please no. I've paid enough for making the mistake of marrying Jacob. I just wanted to be happy with the man I loved. With Michael.

"Answer me you prostitute." Jay demanded but I just cried. I felt the fire leave me already, I can't do this anymore. I closed my eyes and shut his abusive words out as I sobbed.

My eyes flew open and I realised that I had been dreaming. I touched my cheeks and they were wet with tears, I was shaking with relief as I searched for the switch on the wall. I switched it on and looked around the room, this is Mike's house.

"I'm with Michael. I'm with Mike." I told myself repeatedly while rubbing my arms.

I needed to be in his arms right now I thought as I left my room. I stood in front of his door a few minutes contemplating on whether or not I should knock or just go in.

I opened the door and entered. I watched his sleeping form and a smiled tugged at the corners of my mouth, my dream forgotten. It was a wonder he was still sleeping, he was a very light sleeper. The very opposite of me, I could sleep through storms.

I wondered if he had a shirt on. He always went to bed a shirtless and I really hoped today was one of them. I walked to the other side of the bed and slipped in quietly beside him. My eyes trailed down his body, oh yes.

"Mgbo." I looked up and my heart melted at the love I saw staring back at me.

I loved this man.

Comment, Vote, Share.
I love you guys mwah 😘😘

I know most of you asked for a second
update the last time l posted but this wasn't
ready then. So how was it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.7K 16.1K 31
Tiana Dakoba isn't who everyone thought she was. To everyone, the mere sight of her oozed confidence and pride. She was the "It" girl. But no one kne...
50.4K 15.2K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...
46.3K 12.2K 75
The choices teenagers make... Some choose to smoke Some choose to steal Some choose to be bullies to defend themselves Some end up getting pregnant...
1.4K 394 77
Kamsi is your average Nigerian School girl. In her last year of secondary school, she expects to finish with excellent results and make strong friend...