𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈...

Da cocoz_books

Was previously named "Darius" #Book 1 in Alpha Series ≛ He was powerful He was terrifying He was huge He had... Altro

{Plot 1} •Chapter ♠︎ÒÑÉ
{Plot 1} •Chapter •TWÕ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ♣︎ThRÉĒ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ♤FØŪr
{Plot 1} •Chapter *Fìvè
{Plot 1} •Chapter ^SSĪX
{Plot 1} •Chapter ♧SËVËÑ
{Plot 1} •Chapter◖ĒĪGHT
{Plot 1} •Chapter ※ÑÌNË
{Plot 1} •Chapter ◇TÉÑ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ✥ËLÈVÈÑ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ✧TWËLVË
{Plot 1} •Chapter •THÏRTËËÑ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ⁑FØRTÉEN
{Plot 1} •Chapter ✠FÌFTÈÉN
{Plot 2}• Chapter øñè
{Plot 2}• Chapter twø
{Plot 2}• Chãptér thréè
{Plot 2}• Chapter fōūr
{Plot 2}• chapter fïvë
{Plot 2}• chaptér six
{Plot 2}• chapter éîght
{Plot 2}• chãptèr nïne
{Plot 2}• chàptér tën
(Plot 2)• chàptêr elévēn
{Plot 2}• chàptér twélvê
{Plot 2}• chäptêr thîrtéèn
{Plot 2}• chäptēr føurtéèn
{Plot 2}• chàptêr fíftéèn
{Plot 3}• CHAPTER I
{Plot 3}• CHAPTER II
{Plot 3}• CHAPTER III
{Plot 3}• CHÃPTÉR IV
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÈR V
{Plot 3}• CHAPTÉR VI
{Plot 3}• CHAPTÈR VII
{Plot 3}• CHÅPTÉR VIII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÉR IX
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTËR X
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTËR XI
{Plot 3}• CHÃPTËR XII
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÊR XIII
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÊR XIV
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTER XV
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÉR XVI
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTER XVII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XVIII
{Plot 3}• CHÅPTËR XIX
{Plot 3}• CHÃPTÉR XX
{Plot 3}• CHÁPTËR XXI
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPYÊR XXIII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXIV
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXV
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTËR XXVI
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTER XXVII
{Plot 3}• CHAPTÉR XXVIII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTËR XXIX
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTËR XXX
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXXI
SEASON FINALE!
THE EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ I
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ 2
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ 3
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ 4
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~5
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~6
EMPRESS IN WAITING~ 7
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING ~8

{Plot 2}• Chapter sévèn

2.4K 41 10
Da cocoz_books

🎄❤

Audrey walked through the dark halls back to her chambers, her heart racing and her eyes darting around. Her pulse only calmed once she laid eyes on the guards.

She wrapped her hands around herself despite the sholl around her. The air was tranquil, the atmosphere blissful as she stopped at her private balcony, looking down at the front lawn of the palace and the fountain. Her eyes flickered up to the moon's bright smile. She let her mind wander to the things running in her thoughts. She had just placed her head on a chopping block by agreeing to Lord Odin and taking up his offer.

If they got caught then she would be killed no matter what Darius tried to do. The nobles would want her head, she would be an enemy to the crown even though she was the King's mate. It would put him in a difficult position, one that he didn't deserve to be in. She felt torn to say the least, there was still time to take back the deal and refuse now when no harm had been done yet. How did everything come to this? From being an omega in that hell to here, a supposed soon to be queen with friends.

She took in a deep breath as her mind ran haywire, her thoughts were running loose and she didn't stop them. The cool breeze whisked past her face, going to twirl in her hair. Pair of dark onyx eyes watched from the door, admiring how magnificent she looked in the moonlight, she looked like she was glowing. The pale skin of her neck was visible as the wind blew through her hair, pushing it to the side. He stood there for a while, watching her.

He had felt so uneasy after today's events and the only thing that could calm him down was her, just a glimpse of her had him sighing in satisfaction. He began strolling quietly towards her, his hands folded behind him. He stopped right behind her, her scent flooding his senses. He inhaled deeply, the sweetest and most intoxicating combination of vanilla and flowers invading all his senses and sending Phoenix into a frenzy.

A shiver flew up her spine, making her run a hand down her arm trying to create as much heat for herself as possible. She didn't want to go inside yet, she felt at peace here.

"It's beautiful" a deep velvet smooth voice boomed from her left ear making Audrey jump, startled by his close proximity. She let out a quick breath, her hand on her rising and falling chest.

She turned around and sure enough it was Darius, standing there-so close to her in his under shirt and dark trousers. "Darius" she called breathlessly. "You scared me" she sighed, her eyes meeting his.

"My apologies love, it wasn't my intention" he had a small smile on his face which managed to calm Audrey's still erratic heart. "I was just appreciating the beauty" he spoke vaguely.

She looked back outside and smiled at the moon who seemed to be shining a lot brighter now, or maybe she just liked the complement Darius gave her. "Yes, she is beautiful"

"Very" he smiled, his eyes still on a very oblivious Audrey. She was unaware he was talking about her beauty, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and he had no problem confessing it. Even now as she stood before him staring outside she looked breathtaking and he wondered how he had ever gone about his day without laying eyes on her. "What are you doing here love?" He asked, bringing her attention back to him.

"I couldn't sleep" she answered, absentminded. Her attention focused on the beads of water coming from the fountain.

"Me neither" Darius smiled down at her, his smile making hers grow. "Mind if I join you?" He asked sweetly, the hope gleaming in his eyes making her nod.

"Sure" she smiled, stepping a little to the side to allow him some space beside her. Realisation crosses her features and she turned to him sharply, "Are you alright? Ryker said you had followed some of the guards to go control the rogues that had been spotted" she let out frantically. "I hope they weren't too out of control and you weren't injured"

He just smiled down at her, confusing her the more. He let his eyes wander around her face, drinking in every curve on her perfect skin. She was worried about him, he felt happy to know she cared about him that much, "I'm fine, don't worry love" he smiled, taking her hand in his he caressed the back of her hand with the pad of his thumb, causing heat to spread across her body. "Are you okay? Did your ladies make it to your chambers?" He asked her, trying his best to make it as convincing as possible. He knew the threat she posed to the other Alphas as well as the nobles, he couldn't risk so many people coming to the ball. The alarm for the rogues stopped other Alphas and rulers from coming, thereby limiting the threat they posed on his sweet Audrey's life.

"Yes" she nodded slowly. "Thank you for that" she smiled up at him.

She looked so good when she smiled. He let his eyes drink her in, going from her thick perfectly carved brows to her little button nose and landing at her plum pink lips and how beautiful they looked against her flawless skin. He stared at her lips, feeling a certain pull towards them. At that moment he wanted nothing more than to close the distance between them and kiss her, tasting her sweet lips and relishing in their first intimate moment. She noticed his dark gaze turning an almost golden shade as he stared lustfully at her lips.

Her pulse quickened, her heart raced in her chest at how close he was coming to her and yet she remained glued to her spot. Did she want this to happen? Did she want him to kiss her? It was as if time had stopped, everything slowed and the only thing that mattered in that moment was the both of them and what was about to happen.
His face was only inches from hers, their breaths fanning against each other. His free hand had come to cup her cheek, guiding her face closer to his. Their lips were grazing when the sound of the wood door to the terrace was pushed, startling Audrey so badly she jumped away, ruining the moment.

As she stared at the maid who had interrupted them the reality of what she was about to do just dawned on her. She was about to let the king kiss her!?? And she hadn't even started pretending to get along with him. What was she thinking? Was she really about to kiss him? And why was she disappointed by the interruption?

"Pardon me your Highness, my lady. I'm so sorry I had no idea-" she stopped, raising her head to stare at the two. Audrey's cheeks flush crimson when her eyes met the maid's "I'm sorry"

"It's okay Genevieve" Darius pardoned. "What's wrong?" He asked, speaking for them both after noticing Audrey's fluttered state.

"Thank you, your grace. Your attention is needed in the kitchen" she gave him a knowing look and it immediately clicked.

"Oh yes. I will be right there, thank you" he dismissed her and she walked away leaving Audrey to turn and shoot Darius a confused look.

"What-"

"I have to go, my love but I want to ask" he interrupted her before she could ask any questions and possibly ruin her surprise. "Will you accompany me in the garden for breakfast?" He asked, a hopeful gleam in his eyes as he stared at her waiting for a response.

The childlike hope and innocence she could see in his eyes wouldn't let her refuse so she nodded slowly and a grin burst out across his lips. "I'll see you then" he bid her farewell. Leaning down he dipped his head to the side of her face, sending Audrey's heart racing. He placed a gentle kiss to her cheek, making heat spread across the bridge of her nose, tainting her cheeks. Doe eyed she stared at him breathlessly as he stood straight, holding her gaze intensely. "Good night my sweet"

With that he walked off rather quickly. Audrey just stared at his retreating back till he had disappeared out of her sight. She turned back to the moon, her hand on her fast beating heart. She felt her heart racing still as she recalled their moment.

"Perfect Audrey, I have to commend you" Lord Odin said, walking slowly towards Audrey with a smile on his face. She had turned around, now staring at him in confusion. "You put on quite the show I was almost fooled myself" he chuckled making her look away from him.

"What do you want? I have started doing as you asked so why are you here?" She whispered loudly, her eyes darting around in case anyone was passing.

"Oh pardon me. I came to remind you that you don't have much time to do what you have to. If you disappoint, well then you have yourself to blame for the outcome" he warned, his voice had dropped dangerously low and his eyes were staring menacingly at her. Towering over her now he had closed the distance between them. He was trying to intimidate her, to scare her into submission and she was well aware. Some part of her wanted to cower and submit to his menacing gaze or his fearful words but the bigger part of her knew not to be afraid. It was like a surge of confidence as she stepped closer to him

"I know what I am supposed to do, lord Odin and I would appreciate you not try threaten me. As much as I need your help I won't get on my knees and beg for it and I am not a little girl so stop talking to me like I need to be reminded of what I in fact agreed to '' she finished, glaring daggers at him. Shock was an understatement compared to what he felt at the moment. It was written all over his face how much he hadn't expected her to stand up for herself.

Audrey had no idea where this new found courage had come from but she was thankful for it. He took a step back and she walked to the door and stopped, giving him a side glance, " I will do what I have to for me and NO ONE ELSE" with that she walked away leaving Lord Odin there alone.

He just stared at the door for a while before a smile formed on his lips. "She's getting cocky I see. It'll be all the more fun to break this newfound spirit of hers and oh how much I will enjoy it, Audrey dear"

𓆩∘∘∘𓆪

"Have you all heard about the rumors circling around the maids and servants about Audrey and the king?" Greer smiled, looking between the girls that sat before her.

"No but I'm sure you have so enlighten us shall you" Anaise replied, speaking for the other two girls.

"Well one of the maids caught them last night, they were about to kiss!" Greer squealed joyfully, smiling from ear to ear.

"Seriously!?" The three girls asked at once, Astrid's tone higher than Orchid and Anaise's.

"You're joking right?" Astrid asked hopefully, looking at Greer with wide eyes.

"Of course not. Now everyone is saying the king and his mate are so in love they might bring forth a little baby prince soon" Greer giggled

"That's great! Although I'm not particularly ready to be an aunt. I will try" Orchid smiled

"They aren't even wed yet" Astrid stated in a matter of fact tone trying to dissolve the topic. "It's impossib-"

"Nothing's impossible Astrid. Who knows because of the child they may get married sooner rather than waiting for approval from the council and the ministers. They'll have no choice but to give their consent" Anaise interrupted rather slyly, her gaze squinted at her sister, watching her closely for her reaction.

"And they are a match made by the goddess so their union will be blessed from a higher power" Greer pitched in, her joy immeasurable.

"You think Audrey is going to tell us?" Orchid asked

"She doesn't have to. We'll definitely see the signs sooner or later, we just have to look" Greer winked and they all burst into hearty giggles, all except Astrid who seemed to still be in shock by the news that although hadn't been proved yet seemed more likely to be true considering their closeness. It was only a matter of time.

"What are my girls all giggling about?" Audrey asked, walking up to their table.
The mornings sun had casted a beautiful glow on the garden and it looked magnificent. The four had decided it would be better they eat outside and enjoy the beautiful atmosphere while it lasted.

"Oh nothing" Orchid answered suspiciously, a wide grin on her face. "Anything you want to tell- ouch! " she whined, clutching onto the arm Greet had just pinched.

Greet put on a fake smile directed at Audrey, "What Orchid means is you're looking lovely this morning"

"Oh thank you Greer. Mind if I join?" She asked but before she could sit Ryker had walked up to their table. He had a bow and arrow in his hands and it only now occurred to them that he must have been practicing with the other guards further down the open space.

"Ladies" he greeted, earning a slight hum from all and a sweet smile from Anaise. "Princess" he bent his head slightly for Audrey and she smiled in response. "His highness had asked me to come get you for your breakfast date" he informed making all the girls coo in response.

"Awwwn it's so adorable" Orchid gushed

"Come on go now, don't keep his highness waiting" Greer giggled, wiggling her brows at Audrey whose cheeks had grown a bright pink tinge.

"Shall we?" Ryker asks, offering his arm for Audrey to loop hers through

✧༺♥༻✧

Merry Christmas my lovelies!!! ❤🎄
Wish you all the best on this festivr day and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Audrey and Darius almost kissed!!
It's a Christmas miracle!
We were just missing the mistletoe :(

Anyway!
Seasons greetings and I will drop another chapter! Hope you enjoy my gift
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 💖

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

210K 4.7K 42
"You will tell me everything I want to know beautiful," He whispered and bit the soft flesh near my neck. "Go fuck yourself," I said in a breathy vo...
11.8K 601 42
"I could not stray my gaze away from her, splaying her across my lap once I had taken my toll onto the berth, sinking further with her weight belongi...
2.5M 76.5K 31
Alex's life was just starting, she just graduated from high school and was finishing her last summer at camp before heading off to college. But all t...
396K 9.7K 14
He was feared all over the kingdom. She was innocent. He was ruthless and cruel. She was kind and caring. The dragon king was the most strong and fea...