Aspiration For Tranquility (k...

By Hachi_Higouru

Under a rewrite in a different book! 《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》 Aspiration as·pi·ra·tion noun: aspiration; plural no... More

《Welcome, dear reader!》
Ch. 1 - My Dear Gingko Tree
Ch. 2 - My Dearest Amaryllis
Ch. 3 - My Beautiful Checkered Lily
Ch. 4 - My Sweet Monkshood
Ch. 5 - My Lovely Gazania
Ch. 6 - My Angel's Trumpet
Ch. 7 - My Heavenly Nightshade
Ch. 8 - Pt. 2 - Henbane and Poppies
Ch. 9 - My Dearest Mountain Laurel
Ch. 10 - Hidden away
Character log 01!
Ch. 11 - Demon of the well
Ch. 12 - Conversing With the Enemy
Ch. 13 - My Calm Cornflower
Ch. 14 - A Trembling Surprise
Ch. 15 - Hunting the Damned
Ch. 15 - Pt. 2 - Hunting the Damned
Ch. 16 - My Precious Lotus
Ch. 17 - A Boy in Red
A/N!
Ch. 18 - My Precious Delphinium
Ch. 19 - Lost in the Pond
Ch. 20 - Interesting Allies
Character log 02!
Ch. 21 - Summoned
A/N
Ch. 22 - Pride
ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Ch. 23 - "Family"
Ch. 24 - Butterfies
Ch. 25 - Familiar Faces
Ch. 26 - Too Loud
Ch. 27 - Eyes of a Demon
Ch. 27 - Pt. 2 - Eyes of a Demon
Ch. 28 - Loud Again
Ch. 29 - Unspoken Words
a/n - so so sorry
Important Update!

Ch. 8 - Hensbane and Poppies

520 23 10
By Hachi_Higouru

"𝖬ɣ ᥣ𝗈𝗏౿ᥣɣ 𝖱౿ᑯ 𝖧ꪱᜒᑲꪱᜒડɕυડ... ᑯ𝗈 ɣ𝗈υ 𝗋౿ო౿ოᑲ౿𝗋 𝗍𝗁౿ ડυ𐓣?"

Τ⍵𝗈 ო౿𐓣 ડɑ𝗍 ɑ𝗍𝗈ρ ɑ 𝗁ꪱᜒᥣᥣ ꪱᜒ𐓣 ɑ ო𝗈𝗈𐓣ᥣꪱᜒ𝗍 ɑ𐓣ᑯ ౿ოρ𝗍ɣ 𝖿ꪱᜒ౿ᥣᑯ 𝗍𝗁ɑ𝗍 ડ౿౿ო౿ᑯ 𝗍𝗈 ડ𝗍𝗋౿𝗍ɕ𝗁 𝗈𐓣 𝖿𝗈𝗋 ოꪱᜒᥣ౿ડ.
ᝪ𐓣౿ ડɑ𝗍 υρ𝗋ꪱᜒ𝗀𝗁𝗍 ɑ𐓣ᑯ ρ𝗋𝗈ρ౿𝗋, 𝗍𝗁౿ 𝗈𝗍𝗁౿𝗋 ᥣ౿ɑ𐓣౿ᑯ ᑲɑɕƙ 𝗈𐓣 𝗁ꪱᜒડ 𝗁ɑ𐓣ᑯડ ɑ𐓣ᑯ ᥣ𝗈𝗈ƙ౿ᑯ υρ ɑ𝗍 𝗍𝗁౿ ડ𝗍ɑ𝗋ડ.

"𝖨 ᑯ𝗈..."

Τ𝗁౿ ρ𝗋𝗈ρ౿𝗋 ოɑ𐓣 𐓣𝗈ᑯᑯ౿ᑯ ɑ𐓣ᑯ 𝗍υ𝗋𐓣౿ᑯ 𝗁ꪱᜒડ ડꪱᜒ𝗑-౿ɣ౿ᑯ 𝗀ɑʑ౿ 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁౿ 𝗈𝗍𝗁౿𝗋, ო౿𝗍 ⍵ꪱᜒ𝗍𝗁 ɑ ડოɑᥣᥣ ડოꪱᜒᥣ౿ 𝗍𝗁ɑ𝗍 ⍵ɑડ ᥣꪱᜒƙ౿ ౿ɣ౿ ɕɑ𐓣ᑯɣ 𝗍𝗈 𝗁ꪱᜒო.

"𝖢ɑ𐓣 ɣ𝗈υ ᑯ౿ડɕ𝗋ꪱᜒᑲ౿ ꪱᜒ𝗍 𝗍𝗈 ო౿..? 𝖧𝗈⍵ ꪱᜒ𝗍 ᥣ𝗈𝗈ƙડ? 𝖧𝗈⍵ ꪱᜒ𝗍 𝖿౿౿ᥣડ?"

Τ𝗁౿ ᥣɑꪱᜒᑯ ᑲɑɕƙ ოɑ𐓣 ᥣ𝗈𝗈ƙ౿ᑯ υρ ɑ𝗍 𝗍𝗁౿ 𝗈𝗍𝗁౿𝗋 𝗁𝗈ρ౿𝖿υᥣᥣɣ, ოɑƙꪱᜒ𐓣𝗀 𝗍𝗁౿ ρ𝗋𝗈ρ౿𝗋 ოɑ𐓣'ડ 𝗁౿ɑ𝗋𝗍 ɑɕ𝗁౿ ɑડ ɑ ρ𝗋𝗈ოꪱᜒડ౿ 𝗋ɑ𐓣𝗀 ꪱᜒ𐓣 𝗍𝗁౿ ᑲɑɕƙ 𝗈𝖿 𝗁ꪱᜒડ ოꪱᜒ𐓣ᑯ.

"𝖨 ɕɑ𐓣𐓣𝗈𝗍..."

Τ𝗁౿ ρ𝗋𝗈ρ౿𝗋 ოɑ𐓣'ડ ౿ɣ౿ડ ડɑᑯᑯ౿𐓣౿ᑯ ɑ𐓣ᑯ 𝗁౿ ᥣ𝗈𝗈ƙ౿ᑯ ɑ⍵ɑɣ ɑડ ɑ 𝖿𝗋𝗈⍵𐓣 𝖿౿ᥣᥣ υρ𝗈𐓣 𝗍𝗁౿ 𝗈𝗍𝗁౿𝗋 ოɑ𐓣'ડ 𝖿ɑɕ౿.

"ᝪ𝗁.. 𝗈ƙɑɣ... 𝗍𝗁ɑ𝗍'ડ ɑᥣ𝗋ꪱᜒ𝗀𝗁𝗍! 𝖬ɑɣᑲ౿ 𝖨'ᥣᥣ 𝖿ꪱᜒ𐓣ᑯ 𝗈υ𝗍 𝗈𐓣౿ ᑯɑɣ... 𝗍𝗁౿𐓣 𝖨 ɕɑ𐓣 ᑯ౿ડɕ𝗋ꪱᜒᑲ౿ ꪱᜒ𝗍 𝗍𝗈 ɣ𝗈υ!"

Τ𝗁౿ ᥣɑꪱᜒᑯ ᑲɑɕƙ ოɑ𐓣 ડɑꪱᜒᑯ ɑ𐓣ᑯ ᥣ𝗈𝗈ƙ౿ᑯ ᑲɑɕƙ υρ 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁౿ ડ𝗍ɑ𝗋ડ ⍵ꪱᜒ𝗍𝗁 ɑ ᑲ𝗋ꪱᜒ𝗀𝗁𝗍 ડოꪱᜒᥣ౿ ɑ𐓣ᑯ ɑ ᑯ౿𝗍౿𝗋ოꪱᜒ𐓣౿ᑯ 𝗀ᥣꪱᜒ𐓣𝗍 ꪱᜒ𐓣 𝗁ꪱᜒડ ౿ɣ౿ડ.

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《{Warning: cussing, death of an animal, discussion of eating people, Doma}》

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

(Y/n)s eyes fluttered open and he sat up on his futon, yawning and stretching.
He stood up and slipped his (f/c) and white haori on, fitting his kimono around his chest and tying his obi around his waste.
He walked towards a door, provided by Nakime once again, and tied his sageo to his obi, securing his sheathed katana into it before opening the door.
He stepped into a forest and the door vanished, leaving him to breath in the warm and earthy smell of the night.
Only to be reminded that he wasn't alone and groaned.

"I know you're there, my Angel's Trumpet. Come on out so I can get this over with."

"Oh, but don't you enjoy my company? I even prepared you some tea to drink with your meal!"

A cheery voice called from behind (y/n), causing him to spin around in surprise.
Unfortunately, Doma's arms still managed to catch (y/n) in a tight hug and pull him close.
(Y/n) squacked and struggled to push away from him, letting out a growl.

"Get the hell off me so we can just get this over with! I don't care if you brought tea, I just want to eat!"

"Fine, but you're trying it! It's jasmine tea mixed with honey because I heard it's very relaxing! You're always so tense!"

"Fine, whatever! Just let me go before I force feed you some very 'relaxing' oleander."

(Y/n) spat, beginning to reach into his sleeve with an angry glare.
Doma simply chuckled and dropped him.
(Y/n) landed with a grunt and dusted himself off.

"You're so cute when you're mad! I could just eat you up!"

"I bet you'd look better if you were dead. You look like an albino Christmas tree with your hair and eyes."

(Y/n) huffed and rushed off, Doma following closely with one of his fans covering the lower half if his face.

"Looking for anything in particular, my lovely Apple Blossom?"

"Anything that isn't human. If you don't shut up you'll be it."

"You should eat women! They're very nutrition rich and-"

"Did you not hear me? Anything not human. Eating people or even just drinking their blood sounds so disgusting. I'm strong enough without eating them anyway, so I have no reason to."

"But I'm sure if you did eat humans, you'd be strong enough to beat Kokushibo! Oh, I'd love to see that fight! Please-"

"I will never fight Kokushibo. Even if I was strong enough to take him down, he's the only thing that's made me feel human, even if I don't remember how that feels. Drop it, you're scaring everything away."

(Y/n) said in a ordering tone and sped up, leaving Doma to roll his eyes and catch up in pace.
They ran in silence for a while before (y/n) suddenly came to a stop, catching Doma off guard as he ran into a tree.

"Shit, sorry, my Angel's Trumpet."

(Y/n) whispered and drew his katana, jogging in a different direction.
Doma looked confused why he had apologized but shrugged it off and followed him quietly.
When Doma caught up to him, (y/n) was crouched behind a thick clump of bushes across from him.
When (y/n) saw Doma, he motioned for him to come over with a panicked expression.
Before Doma could react, his thoughts were interrupted by the angry growl of a bear.

"Blood demon art: Blade of flowers! Seventh form, Soothing Hydrangea Nectar!"

(Y/n) called out and lunged towards the bear that was now running towards Doma.
With one swift swing, (y/n) brought his blade down on the back of the bears' neck.
A wave of purple liquid followed the blade as the head was severed from the body, the heavy beast crashing into the the ground.
(Y/n) landed next to Doma and nudged him back with the butt of his katana as the headless body skidded to a stop in front of them.
(Y/n) let out a heavy sigh and flicked blood off his blade, sheathing it and clasping his hands in a prayer.

"You were upwind from it.."

"I'm sorry, my lovely Apple Blossom! I didn't-"

"It's fine, I bearly sensed it myself. I was hoping for a bear anyway, just didn't execute it as I planned... at least it was painless. Care for any?"

(Y/n) asked, walking over to the body and beginning to cut up the meat in sections with his nails.
Doma was stunned, to stay the least.
He was shocked that (y/n) was suddenly so passive towards him that he didn't hear his question the first time.

"Hey, my Angel's Trumpet? I asked if you wanted any?"

(Y/n) broke him out of his thoughts by throwing a small rock at Doma's head.

"Oh! Um, I'd like to try it! Do you eat it raw or cook it?"

"I don't know, I just eat it raw. It's easier than building a whole fire in the ass crack of the woods, don't you think? Unless you'd prefer it cooked?"

(Y/n) chuckled and awkwardly pulled a few big bowls out of his sleeve, putting all the good meat into them before clasping his hands together in another prayer.
With that, (y/n) ran his hands over all the remaining parts of the bear and took a deep breath.

"Demon blood art: Flowers of the Dead.."

He whispered and the remains began to glow, suddenly bursting into a patch of flowers.
Doma blinked in awe, only ever having heard about (y/n)s powers, but only seeing two gave him a good sense of his strength.
His katana seems to be his main source of power in terms of strength, similar to Kokushibo, but he still didn't doubt that (y/n) could hold his own in battle if he was fully aware.
Doma was lost in his thoughts again, failing to realize (y/n) kept throwing rocks and waving his arms around to get his attention.
(Y/n) gave up and sat down by the bowls, beginning to dig in and eat his fill happily.

"Hold on... why are you being so friendly out of nowhere? Not that I'm complaining!"

Doma asked and sat down next to (y/n) after a few more moments of silence.
(Y/n) hummed thoughtfully and finished the food in his mouth before speaking.

"Well, I suppose it's because it's just nicer to eat with others? Plus, I feel a tiny bit bad because I forgot you where with me and you ran into a tree.. I don't hate hate you, I just hate how touchy you are."

(Y/n) chuckled and ate another piece of food.
Doma blinked and frowned, grabbing a peice of meat and eyeing it.

"So all I had to do was bring you food and you'd like me? Is that how you're such good friends with the others?"

Doma asked before taking a bite, earning himself a side eye from (y/n).

"I'm not that shallow. Plus, they're not all wierd and touchy. I also wouldn't eat anything you bring me."

(Y/n) huffed through mouthful of food.
Doma chuckled and shook his head as the two continued to sit in silence.

"Oh, I forgot to give you the tea I made!"

Doma chirped and reached into his pocket, pulling out a flask and handing it to (y/n).
After finishing what he was eating, (y/n) took the flask and opened it, wafting the scent towards himself.
It indeed smelt like ordinary jasmine tea, but he couldn't figure out what kind of honey Doma used.
Almost as if he read (y/n)s mind, Doma smiled and spoke.

"I bought the honey from a cute little night shop in town if you want to give it a look? Though, I'm not sure what you'd really be expecting. Just a small shop ran by an old guy that wouldn't be worth eating."

Doma smiled and shrugged.
(Y/n) eyed him suspiciously and sipped the tea.
Not tasting anything off, he continued to drink it until it was all gone and gave the flask back to Doma.
He put the flask back into his pocket and looked at (y/n) with a serious expression.

"I want to challenge you for your rank."

"What the fuck?"

Was (y/n)s imitate reaction, causing Doma to sigh.

"I want to challenge you. If I win, I'll leave you alive, but I'll take your rank! If you win, you'll keep your rank and you could kill me if you'd like!"

Doma said in a joyful tone and clasped his hands together.
(Y/n) looked at him like he was crazy, but he didn't want to miss this opportunity to finally shut him up.

"Come on, it'll be fun! And I'll definitely win, so you won't have any more responsibilities! I also request that you cut ties with any and all demons that rank higher than lower moon three!"

Doma said in a cheerful yet cocky tone, causing (y/n) to get irked by his statements.

"You really think you'll win, huh? If you really want to fight for ranks, I won't be holding back."

"Oh, I'm counting on it! Don't hold back and give it your all! I'm so curious to see all these moves that killed the demon's before me! Fight me with the intention to kill, my lovely Apple Blossom!"

Doma winked and stood up, pulling one of his fans out and covering the bottom half of his face as he walled away.

"Follow me when you're ready, my lovely Apple Blossom!"

Doma called back to (y/n) and vanished.

"Well, shit..."

(Y/n) muttered and jumped up, leaving the bowls and beginning to walk towards Doma's aura.

"His cryokinesis is actually pretty annoying... how am I meant to get around it with how I fight? Ugh, this is stupid. I don't have any moved that are 'hot' than I can use right off the bat. This is going to get annoying fast... maybe I shouldn't have accepted this. Well, it's too late now."

(Y/n) groaned and put one of his hands to his chin to think.

"He's smart too, I've gotta give him that. If I tried pulling any tricks, he'd catch on too fast to pull them off if he's seen me use them. Maybe snapdragon? That might work, but if he withstands it I'm fucked. God, damn it. All I can do is try and pray to the gods that have abandoned me to help me this one time."

(Y/n) sighed as he stepped into a large field, Doma just across from him.

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《~Fin.~》

1,956 words not including these!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

Hello, my dear reader! I hope you enjoyed this longer chapter! This is going to be part 1 of 2 because I don't want to make them too long! Sorry this one took me a few days to put up! I'll probably be putting off the next part till my mid term exams are over, my sincerest apologies! The next part of this chapter also needs me to do a bit of digging on Doma's blood art so I don't mix anything up, so hopefully you'll enjoy it! With that, I bid you farwell for now, dear reader! Have a fabulous day/night!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《{Secrets unlocked: x3! Botany book updated: x2!}》

《{Jasmine flowers: commonly used to symbolize 'love, beauty, and sensuality'! The tea promotes calmness, mood improvement, and mental clarity!}》

《{Oleander flowers: commonly used to symbolize the complicated nature of love and relationships! They are extremely toxic, just one leaf can kill an adult human!}》

《{Doma did not enjoy eating the bear meat, while (y/n) was thrilled!}》

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 24.3K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
145K 3.9K 42
In pursuit of their goals, Y/N heads out to become a Demon Slayer. However, after meeting a girl named Nezuko with a secret to hide, everything Y/N t...
16.1K 542 22
" my own death does not frighten me. but yours? oh, that is my greatest, deepest fear " a story in which a suffering demon becomes an aspiring hero f...
222K 10.2K 100
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙢 𝙄? ❞ ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...