iris, supernatural [ 2 ]

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 9-15 ] Larissa Brewster Series: Habits Iris I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the s... More

cast
001. ezekiel
002. wicked witch of the west
003. dog-dean hybrid
004. reborn virgins
005. goodbye kevin
006. evil angel extraction
007. no husband or baby
008. werewolf bestie garth
009. lunch ladies
010. haunted bunker
011. ghostfacers demise
012. domestic single mom life
013. curing dean
014. werewolf sisters
015. the musical
016. inheritance
017. cop retreat
018. "sounds like teenage girl dean"
019. no place like home
020. teenage dean
021. technology ghost
022. sick athena
023. burning the wrong book
024. night moves
025. lizzie borden house
026. killer costumes
027. imaginary friend
028. going to visit the cage
029. not uncle cas
030. homemade chicken
031. valentine's day
032. back in time
033. dying husband and god
034. god's plan
035. dean's sacrifice
036. torture
037. bedridden
038. breaking point
039. funeral crasher
040. rock devil
041. single mom
042. mother's love
043. memory loss
044. lance of michael
045. mom vs. mom
046. probation
047. betrayed
048. "i want to hate him but i can't."
049. heartbroken sam
050. birth of a nephilim
051. "you say goodbye."
052. toddler ptsd
053. "i'm always right."
054. old west
055. possible evil twin
056. wayward sisters
057. the butterfly
058. helpless
059. reconcile
060. "donatello's a biter."
061. blood of a saint
062. scooby gang
063. sticky notes
064. gabriel's out
065. "whole team's together"
066. archangel grace
067. master plan
068. lucifer's end
069. self destructive couple
070. finding dean
071. alternate kaia
072. hatchet man
073. super charged monsters
074. losing kids
075. christmastime
076. ma'lak box
077. dinner with the parents
078. medusa
079. different wife
080. monster in the woods
081. nick's plan
082. three months early
084. the end
085. ghostpocalypse
086. final plan
087. anything for kids
088. hungover
089. lost hope
090. normal life
091. pool
092. saving kaia
093. alternate brothers
094. mrs. butters
095. chat with amara
096. old friend
097. final fight
098. dean's last words
099. epilogue
Thank You

083. grieving and manipulating

421 20 15
By maybankwalker

They're having a little celebration in honor of Mary's life, having invited the other hunters from the apocalypse world. They're holding it in the war room and Larissa is the only one not there, taking care of Liam.

"We know it wasn't easy for some of you to get here, and we thank you." Dean tells everybody. Him, Sam, and Cas are standing at the top of the steps. Athena is hugging her dad's arm while she leans against him, not huge on being around so many people she's not super familiar with.

"We, uh-- we gave her a hunter's send off a few days ago. But we know that her family went beyond just us. Some of you hunted alongside her. Some of you fought Michael with her in the other world. You know, we lost our mom once before. But we got a second chance with her. And we got to know her not just as "mom," but as someone who was tough and strong. Stubborn as hell."

"Someone who had opinions and wasn't shy to use them. She could handle a machete. She could handle a vampire. She could handle our old man. She couldn't cook worth a damn. Mom, you weren't here long enough. But we're so glad for the time that we had. Goodbye, mom."

"To Mary." The group choruses. A hatchet sails through the air, sticking into a guy's head, his body falling to the floor. Athena shrieks and Sam immediately ditches the bottle of beer and picks her up, holding her close.

Everybody turns to see Bobby was the one to throw the hatchet.

~ ~ ~

"Make sure I get my hatchet back." Bobby tells the hunter who is dragging the wraith out of the room. It's only him, Cas, Sam, Athena, Larissa who is holding Liam, and another hunter in the war room.

"Damn wraith. Knew him from a nest your mom and I busted up on our last hunt. Probably here to gloat. The bastard." Bobby sneers.

"Thanks for coming." Sam tells a hunter before walking over to where Cas and Bobby are standing. He stands by Larissa's seat while she makes faces at Liam and quietly coos to him.

"A hunter's memorial, complete with monster. Mary would have appreciated that." Cas says.

"Now that you mention it, yeah." Bobby says. "How are you?" Bobby asks Sam.

"Hey, you know... it's tough. It's... complicated." Sam says.

"And the other one?" He nods to Dean who is talking to a hunter.

"Yeah, Dean... he seems to be doing okay. Hard to say." Sam says.

"Yeah. Maybe he's like me. Bein' teary in public's not my style." Bobby says.

"Hey." Sam gets his brother's attention as Dean picks up the pictures they laid out on the map table. "Uh, most everybody's headed out, but Bobby's gonna stick around. I thought maybe we could open that scotch Ketch left and hang out, talk about mom."

"Talk about mom?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Isn't that what we've been doing?" Dean asks before walking out.

+++

Sam and Cas are sitting across from each other at the table. Athena is on Sam's lap and Larissa is sitting next to them and still holding Liam. Bobby walks over to the table, giving Sam a beer.

"Thanks." Sam tells him.

"Memory lane?" Bobby asks, looking at the picture of Mary, toddler Dean, and baby Sam.

"Yeah. I mean, Dean couldn't have been but four years old. I wasn't even six months." Sam says.

"You know, at one time, you boys were good lookin'." Bobby teases.

"Thanks." Sam chuckles.

"Mm, I don't know about Dean, but Sam sure kept his looks." Larissa grins and Sam softly laughs.

"Sam. What exactly happened to her? Because I'm hearin' the kid..." Bobby says.

"Um, maybe not with..." Larissa nods to Athena.

They hear footsteps and turn to see Dean walk in.

"Hey." Sam greets.

"Hey." Dean sighs.

"You need anything?" Cas asks.

"Yeah, I need a drink." Dean states, chuckling.

"Bar's open." Bobby motions to the fridge.

"Nah, I need to get outta here for a while." Dean says.

"But, dude, we got to talk about Jack." Sam says.

"We will." Dean says, walking through the kitchen and leaving.

"About that. I liked the kid. We fought together. But there's only one way this ends." Bobby says.

"Uh... Thena, baby, why don't you go play?" Sam suggests, getting her off his lap.

"Why?" Athena asks.

"Cause the grown ups have to talk." Sam says.

"Well, why does Liam get to stay?" Athena pouts.

"Because he's asleep." Sam says. "Go play." Athena huffs as she trudges out of the kitchen.

"Bobby's right. We have to find Jack and help him." Cas states.

"What? That kid-- he killed Mary!" Bobby states.

"I know that." Cas says.

"Ah, ah. Don't say "but."" Bobby says.

"But he-- Jack may not even realize what he did wrong." Cas says.

"If his human side is gone, you know what's left -- Lucifer. Now, if you boys and girl want to sit around and talk, fine. But me? I'm gonna get on the horn to some of my people and go find that boy." Bobby states.

"And what then?" Cas asks.

"An unstoppable monster who don't know right from wrong gets put down -- or the closest we can get to it. And anybody who don't know that needs to go back to school." Bobby states, walking out.

+++

Larissa is in the kitchen and putting dishes up and glances over when she hears footsteps, seeing Dean walk in.

"Hey." She greets.

"Hey." He says.

"Need something? Food, coffee? More alcohol?" Larissa asks.

"No. No, I-I'm good right now." Dean says.

"Okay." Larissa mutters, slightly surprised by him turning alcohol down.

"So, uh... you seem to be doing pretty good." Dean comments.

"So that's what this is?" Larissa asks, turning to him.

"What? Conversation?"

"Dean, you know your mom and I weren't exactly besties."

"Yeah, I'm aware of that. Why?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because it does."

"And if it's really none of your business?"

"I just wanna know why you hated her so much. I mean, what did she do that was so wrong?"

"Well, we could start with her ditching you guys only weeks after coming back. And then you have her working with the people who tortured you guys and made me and Sam lose our second child. Do I really need to continue?"

"Yeah, but you just listed everything."

"No, actually, I didn't. Because she told us about her betrayal with the Brits, she and I got into a massive fight. She called me a shitty mother, she blamed me for the miscarriage, and she slapped me. So, excuse me, for not forgiving her and loving her with my entire being, but there's really no easy way to forgive that."

"So she said some shit she didn't mean."

"No, no, she fully meant. Even when she gave her shitty ass apology, it was years later. In fact, it was when I was first pregnant with Liam. So, no, I'm not really in the mood to grieve somebody that I didn't like."

"Does Sam know about this?"

"Yes. But despite the complicated relationship and his disdain towards her, she was still his mother, and I don't blame him for grieving. He deserves to grieve, complicated relationship or not."

"It doesn't piss you off that he's grieving?"

"No, actually, not really. Like I said, she was his mom. Part of him will always love her, I get that. I know some parent/child relationships aren't easy, and while mine were healthy up until they died, I get grieving people that hurt you or somebody you loved. So he can grieve all he wants and I will comfort him, but I am not grieving. And if you wanna hate me for that, go ahead, but I'm not sorry."

+++

"So, the angels -- they're gonna help us?" Sam asks.

"I was promised every effort would be made to, uh, locate Jack." Cas says.

"Oh. Heaven promised? Great. Well, we should take that to the bank." Dean says sarcastically.

"Jack's powers could also be a threat. It serves them to help find him." Cas says.

"Yeah, about that. Um, I've been looking for anything weird. And a university professor was found dead in his office in Ohio. His body was crystallized into a block of salt." Sam explains.

"Salt. Why's that sound familiar?" Dean asks.

"It's a pillar of salt. It's Biblical. Lot's wife. Punished by Heaven." Cas informs.

"This guy was an atheist." Dean says.

"He wrote a bunch of best selling books trying to disprove God and Heaven." Sam says.

"Okay. So you think an angel iced him?" Dean asks.

"No ordinary angel could do something like that." Cas states.

"Just wait. There's another." Sam tells them. "A few hours after the professor was killed, a lady in Texas fell into a crevice that opened up, and she was killed."

"Like a sinkhole." Dean says.

"That's what I thought, too. But a witness said it was more like "a fissure opened under her feet then closed back up with her inside."" Sam says.

""And the Earth opened her mouth and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all of the men that appertained unto Korah." It's Numbers 26:10." Cas states.

"This lady was a-a TV evangelist. Um, she was under investigation for stealing thousands of dollars through fake charities." Sam informs.

"So either Chuck came back, which -- that ain't gonna happen -- or J--"

"Jack." Cas states, cutting Dean off.

+++

"I didn't want it to come to this, either. But I know that that kid's head's not right. And now that Heaven has its hooks in him, we don't have a choice." Dean states as he leads Sam and Larissa into one of the rooms.

"Wait. Come to what? What are you talking about?" Sam asks.

"Stopping Jack. Once and for all." Dean states.

"All right. Fine. Say I agree. Dean, he can't be killed." Sam says.

"No, but he can be contained." Dean states. He opens the door to the room.

"And how exactly are we supposed to contain him?" Larissa asks.

Dean turns the light on, Sam and Larissa's attention going to a large thing that's covered with a sheet. It takes Larissa a moment before she recognizes what's under it.

They walk in and Dean takes the sheet off to reveal the Ma'lak box.

"With this." Dean states.

"You're fucking kidding me." Larissa says.

"Are we seriously talking about locking Jack in this?" Sam asks.

"No, we're seriously talking about not having a choice. We can't kill him, okay? And this is warded to lock down an archangel." Dean says.

"You-- you do remember that he's not an archangel, right?" Larissa asks.

"Yeah. So-- so what? We-we just force him inside?" Sam asks.

"How? No. He goes in here, it's gotta be his choice." Dean states.

"He's never gonna go along with that." Larissa argues.

"Maybe. But he might. He might if he only has to stay in there long enough for us to finish the spell to fix his soul." Dean says, walking around the box, his back to them.

"Spell? What spell? There is no spell." Sam says.

"We know that." Dean says.

"So you want to lie to him." Sam says.

"No. Well, I mean, I want Zeppelin to get back together." Dean turns to them. "But what I need -- what we need is to stop Jack. Big difference. But here's the deal. We all got to sign off on it. This might be our only shot, and if he even catches a whiff that this is a scam, he's off into the wind."

"Exactly. And how do you think he's not gonna know something's up?" Sam asks.

"Because you're gonna be so damn sincere." Dean states.

"Me?" Sam asks.

"Mm-hmm." Dean nods.

"Why me?" Sam asks.

"Because you've always been in his corner, all right? You're his go-to guy. Sam, if you reach out, he'll come. If I do it, after what happened to mom, I could lose it. I will lose it." Dean states.

"You have got to absolutely fucking kidding me." Larissa says. "You know, maybe try talking to him. Maybe that could help."

"Look, just because you hated our mom, doesn't mean we have to. And you have two kids to worry about, shouldn't you want the most dangerous creature in the world locked up." Dean says.

"Jack needs help. He doesn't need to be locked up in some box for eternity. One that we're not even will hold him because he's not a fucking archangel, Dean. You don't know if it's gonna hold a Nephilim. And this has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about your mom."

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah, sure. I bet you're happy he killed her."

"Dean." Sam mutters.

"You cannot seriously think I would feel that way." Larissa says.

"If the shoe fits." Dean says.

"I didn't like your mom, but if I wanted her dead, I would've done it my fucking self long ago." Larissa states. "I didn't want her dead because you had a good relationship with her. And up to Sam finding out about our fight, he did, too. I wouldn't want somebody who hates me to take me away from Athena and Liam, why would I take her away from you, even if I did despise her?"

"I'm not a heartless bitch, Dean. But you sure as hell a heartless son of a bitch." Larissa states, walking out.

+++

Sam and Dean are sitting across from each other at the table.

"So what do we do now? Just go on with Jack locked up in there forever?" Sam asks.

"If we have to." Dean says.

"I don't know if I can do that." Sam says.

"I tell you what. This stuff Ketch left, it's not bad." Dean says, taking a sip of the scotch.

"You know, I never thought it would end like this with Jack." Sam says.

"Sammy, we knew from the beginning it was a long shot with him." Dean says.

"Yeah. Yeah, but long shots are kind of our thing." Sam says.

"Hey." Larissa walks in with some of the kids' dishes.

"Hey." Dean says, taking a sip of his scotch. Sam keeps his gaze on the table.

"What's up with you two?" Larissa asks, putting the stuff in the sink.

"Nothing." Dean shrugs.

"Sammy?" Larissa asks. He pretends to not hear her, scratching his head. "Samuel!" He looks up at her and she raises an eyebrow at him.

"I-- we-- um..." Sam stammers. Larissa seems to get what they did.

"Oh, fuck no. You did not lock that boy up in the fucking box." Larissa says.

"Rissa--"

"No, Dean. Shut the fuck up before I actually shoot you in the dick." Larissa says as she starts to leave.

"Where are you going?" Sam asks.

"To let him out." Larissa says.

"Hey. No. No, no, no." Dean rushes up, grabbing her arm, and forcing her to stop.

"Dean Winchester, you better let go of me before you fucking regret it." Larissa hisses.

"You can't let him out. A. he's fucking dangerous. And B. now he's gonna be fucking pissed." Dean says.

"And whose fault is that?" Larissa asks.

"Sam called him." Dean says.

"Because you made him, Dean! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Larissa asks, ripping her arm out of his grip. "I mean, how-- exactly, how many brain cells do you actually have up there?"

"Rissa--"

"No. No, do not "Rissa" me. I'm gonna fucking kill you. After I let Jack out." Larissa says, going to leave.

"No, you're not!" Dean exclaims, grabbing her arm and yanking her back.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Sam gets up, pushing his brother away from his wife, protectively standing in front of her. "Don't touch her like that."

"He made a mistake, Dean. Those things happen." Larissa says.

"Killing our mom is a mistake?" Dean asks.

"Yes! It's possible to accidentally kill somebody!" Larissa states.

"Guys." Cas rushes in, stopping the fight. "There's news. Dumah was manipulating Jack into doing those things. She told him it would please you."

"Oh, so now it's our fault?" Dean asks.

"So, he was manipulated? So, therefore, it's not really his fault." Larissa says. "He thought he was doing a good thing, but he was misled. What do you know, Dean?"

"Shut up." Dean tells her.

"Hey!" Sam barks at his brother, giving him a look to stop.

"I'm just saying it's urgent that we find him and tell him." Cas states.

"Oh, yeah, no, he's here. Ask the two fucking geniuses where." Larissa says.

"Lissy..." Sam gives her a remorseful look.

"What?" Cas asks, looking between the brothers.

"He's locked up, safe. He's in the Ma'lak box." Dean says.

"No." Cas objects.

"And that's where he's gonna stay." Dean declares.

"Even after hearing what I said, you want to keep Jack sealed in a living death?" Cas questions.

"He agreed to it. Because deep down, I think he knows it's best." Dean says.

"No. You're doing what Dumah did -- you are manipulating him." Cas states.

"Cas." Sam tries.

"What? You just want to forget about him?" Cas asks.

"I wish I could forget about him! After what he did? And you know what he can do. This is our only play." Dean states.

The bunker starts to shake, stuff falling off of the shelves. Sam grabs onto Larissa, helping keep her up.

"Mommy!" They hear Athena scream.

Larissa and Sam immediately race in the direction her scream came from while Dean and Cas rush to the room the Ma'lak box is in.

"Go get Liam." Larissa tells Sam as she rushes to Athena's room. Sam runs into his son's room, the one and a half week old boy babbling and trying to move around in his crib.

"Hey, buddy. Hey." Sam gently picks him up. "Hey, you okay?" Sam feels around for any blood or injuries. "Yeah, you're all right. You're okay. Here, we're gonna put you in here." He puts Liam in the car seat.

"Sam!" He hears Larissa yell out, panic in her voice.

Sam picks the car seat up and rushes to Athena's room. The bookshelf is knocked over and there's a small space between it and the floor while Larissa tries to lift it.

"She's under the bookshelf. I can't pick it up." Larissa says.

"Yeah. Yeah, okay." Sam puts Liam's car seat down and rushes over. "I got it. I got it." He grabs onto the bookshelf and lifts it up enough for Athena to scurry out from underneath it. Once he knows she's safe, he lowers it back down, letting it stay on the floor.

"Baby. Baby, hey." Larissa accepts her daughter's hug, Athena crying into her mom's shoulder. "Hey, baby, it's okay. It's okay. I got you."

Sam sits next to them, bringing Liam's car seat closer, keeping a hand on it.

"Baby, are you hurt?" Sam asks his daughter. Athena holds her left arm out, her wrist turning purple and it looks swollen.

"Well, it's definitely sprained, if not broken." Larissa says, keeping her arms around her daughter.

Sam gently touches her wrist making his daughter whine in pain.

"Sorry. Sorry. I'm sorry." Sam softly says. "Other than that, are you hurt any where else?"

"A book hit my head." Athena sniffles.

There's a loud rumble and Larissa cradles Athena close to her. Sam puts a hand on Larissa's head while simultaneously hovering over Liam's car seat to protect him from anything.

They wait for the rumbling to stop before the two parents relax.

"What's happening?" Athena asks. "Is it an earthquake?"

"It's something like that." Larissa says. "We're probably safe now, though." She assures, hugging her tighter. "Plus, we're not letting anything get you or your brother. Promise." She mutters, kissing Athena on the head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 5.5K 116
[ supernatural -- season 1-5 ] Natalie Winchester Series: Family Line Anti-Hero I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines...
7.9K 429 36
[ supernatural -- seasons 11-15 ] Miranda Winchester (Carpenter) Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own...
38.6K 1.4K 56
[ supernatural -- seasons 9-11 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stronger Than Ever I DO NOT own Supernatural...
177K 5K 23
DEVIL IN ME| "human's make mistakes all the time, but the good ones don't run away from their problems, they deal with them". [SUPERNATURAL SEASON 1...