Minecraft: The Marvelous Adve...

Galing kay Silverwave8023

In a twisting tale of fate, a prophecy foretold there would be five warriors that would save the world. The P... Higit pa

About the Author
Volume One: The Invasion
Crossing Paths
Rumors Become Reality
Fortification Standards
Cave-in
Dreams of Fate
I Came to Mine
Around Every Corner
Unexpected Surprises
The Attack
An Old Person Made New
An Unexpected Visitor
Heat Sadness
Forester
An Insightful Situation
More Than a Village
Loose Chains
A New Leader Born
Battle Plans
It's all in the Wrist
Assignments
Nothing but Luck
All Questions, No Answers
Reality Check
Saved by the Bell
The Invasion
Back Attack
Break-in
Solemn

Good Works

14 0 0
Galing kay Silverwave8023

After the incident, Miner took a nap and ate some food before getting out of bed. He insisted he was alright, but most of the day was already gone. They wouldn't go back underground without him. It was nearly time for the evening feast.

"I'd just like to say one thing," Lucy said. "We made a lot of progress on our food and water stocks. By tomorrow, we should have plenty of rations ready for the battle."

Bernard spoke up, "And I think I speak for everyone when I say this: we have made so much progress today. Well done everyone! Now, let this feast be your reward for your hard work."

Everyone applauded. Music started playing, and food was passed around. Talk of the day's work was the main topic of the evening. It was almost exotic to talk about when the entire village was working together. It was music to Steve's ears to hear how much they were enjoying the change of pace. He looked to Bernard for a reaction, but his chair was empty. Slightly concerned, he excused himself while the rest of the village mingled and went looking for him.

It didn't take long to find him. He was in his house talking with the golem under the house.

"Hey, where have you been? I was getting worried," Steve said as he climbed down the steps.

"Oh, sorry. I just came down here to be with golem," he said.

The golem nodded, his head creaking.

"What are you doing down here?"

"Trying to figure something out."

"What, exactly?"

"What happened to Miner earlier didn't feel right. We had checked that everything was safe. There is no explanation as to how those creepers got there. It was bright enough, there were no holes in the floor, and the cave was too small to not notice something like that. My Insight is going crazy, but I can't figure out what it is."

"Whatever it is, maybe it's Notch telling you something."

"Telling me what?"

The golem raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe he's showing  you there's something bigger to this."

"What?"

"I... I don't know. Maybe we'll find out later. Keep it in thought, but don't let it drag you down. Come back to the feast. You earned it, too, you know."

He sighed. "You're right. Hey, golem. Why don't you join us?"

The golem nodded with delight.

~~~

4 Days Until the Invasion...

That next day, Bernard gave another that was nothing less encouraging than the previous. When everyone had gathered for training, save the children that played with sticks and leather helmets, Steve announced that they would be focusing on archery. It would be the most crucial skill to have as most of the mobs they would kill would be from a distance. He had a neat idea to help them practice that he borrowed from Crafter's supply while he was checking on the progress of his sword.

Steve counted how many villagers would be practicing and started placing blocks. Villagers watched, confused, as he placed hay bales on top of wooden planks spaced two blocks apart from each other in a line. Lucy was helping him set up, placing a button on the bales of hay and a redstone lamp on top.

"We're going to test your accuracy," Steve said. "Some of you will do better than others. Don't fret over it if that's the case. These buttons are much smaller than a monster's head. Each of you will be given a bow and a few arrows. Your goal is to hit this button and light up the lamp. Lucy will demonstrate."

She stood in front of the target fifteen blocks away, standing behind a line of white carpet on the ground. She took her bow and notched an arrow. Her hair glowed in the sunlight as she raised her bow. It took her only a second. She released the arrow. It hit the wooden button, and the lamp lit up. There was clapping, and she bowed.

"Thank you."

Steve removed the arrow. The light went back off.

"Now it's your turn," he said to the villagers.

Lucy passed out bows, and Steve gave them an equal amount of five arrows. They stood behind the carpet line and faced their designated targets.

"Hold your bow in your non-dominant hand. That'll make pulling the bowstring easier."

Some of them alternated until the bow felt comfortable.

"Now ready your first arrow. Guide it with your finger if you need to."

A lot of them struggled to keep it still enough to stay on the string. Lucy felt a little embarrassed for some of them. Not everyone was built to handle a bow. When it looked like everyone was ready, she continued.

"Pull the string back, aim, and release."

In a scattered flurry, the arrows whizzed through the air. Some of them hit the haybale. A lot more either hit the plank below or missed completely. There were a few that had lit their lamps. Steve kept in memory those who made the first shot.

"Try this," Lucy instructed. "When you're ready to shoot, take a deep breath, let it out, and release. Do it with me. Arrow."

They grabbed another arrow and put it in the bowstring.

"Pull."

They pulled the string back.

"Aim."

They focused on the target.

"Breathe in."

She could hear them take a deep breath.

"Exhale."

They let the air out.

"Release."

Arrows flew in the air. Many more this time hit the haybale, and almost as many hit the button. Lucy and Steve were happy to see more than half of the lamps were lit.

"Again."

They repeated it three more times. When all of the arrows had been fired, Lucy and Steve checked each target. They had a decent amount hit the haybale with at least three arrows. They recorded each person's progress in a book based on how many hit the target and the button. Overall, there was a quarter that would need more practice for sure.

"Grab your arrows and let's do it again!" Lucy shouted.

As they were retrieving their ammo, someone approached Steve.

"Howdy," Crafter said.

"Hey! I'm not used to seeing you out and about."

"I usually stay to myself unless someone requires my services. How's training coming along?"

"It's going pretty well. I think we'll be capable to hold our own pretty soon."

"Could you come with me?"

"Sure. You got this, Lucy?"

"Yeah. You go on. Ready?"

Steve followed Crafter to the storehouse.

"Yanko!"

"Oi."

"I believe you had something ready?"

Steve felt giddy with excitement. Yanko took the shiny, blue sword off the wall and held it out to Steve with a nod.

"A weapon fit for a warrior, eh?"

Steve's jaw dropped. He took the sword. It felt like nothing he had held before. He was holding a work of art in his hands. He tilted the blade. It shimmered in the light of the sun.

"Notch. This is amazing! Thank you so much Yanko!"

Steve swore he could see a small grin on the blacksmith's gruff face. Steve waved the sword in the air. It somehow felt light, and the handle fit like a glove. The blade felt like it could cut the wind.

"It's perfect."

He put it on his back over his iron sword.

"Thank you again. I won't forget this."

~~~

After training and a short break, it was back to work. There were only a few days left before the invasion. Some of the foliage had grown back overnight. Sam and his team had to spend some time clearing that back out along with the other sides. They would have to push harder to stay ahead of the regrowth. Jungles were luscious with life. Given a few days, and their progress would be completely reversed. As a precaution, they took some cobblestone from the storehouse and outlined the walls, hopefully slowing the regrowth further. A two-block wall was made, and torches were placed on the inside and outside walls before it got dark.

Miner accompanied the mining team with Bernard to the caves. Out of caution, Bernard insisted they light up as much of the area as possible before they tried gathering the rich ores covering the walls. Torches were scattered everywhere, even in places Miner thought were unnecessary, but Bernard didn't want to take any chances of having the previous day recur. They encountered only a few mobs, and they were easy to handle. Miner placed supports where he thought the caves were unstable. Without any issue, they mined away at the rich ores. One of the miners was constantly going up and down the stairs, delivering the iron and coal to Crafter and Yanko. They both struggled to keep up with the flow of fresh materials they had been starved of for so long. Steve lent a helping hand with random items that needed crafting and keeping the furnaces hot.

Lucy and other men and women had encouraged the recently planted crops with bonemeal in the soil the day before. Some of them would be ready to pick the next day. Melons and pumpkins were the main focus of the day. It was getting hot during the day. and melons carried hydration and nutrients that would be good for those stuck in the sun up in the ramparts. It was also good to eat when working in the fields. The sweet fruit managed to keep them going at a steady pace. Pumpkins were great for making pies that could help feed more people, and the recipe was easier than cake.

Everyone was working as hard as they could to protect their home. Steve wasn't the only one thinking it, but he prayed to Notch they would be ready in time.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

81K 1.9K 46
You live in the world of Minecraft. Your family has been killed when you where younger. You decide to get revenge by killing the source of everything...
581 36 25
This is the tale of The Order of Stone, known as Minecraft, which will tell you the secrets and histories of the structures and mobs. To the origins...
47.8K 1.6K 20
Ty and Jason want to go to the End. Sky tags along with them. Once they get there everything changes. Ty is affected by the Enderdragon. Sky tries to...
12.5K 173 29
Steve, an ordinary Minecraftian who had worked on his own. He chopped down the trees, he mined the minerals on the cave and killing mobs at night. On...