The Villain's Best Friend

By Helianthus_Spes

"Just because you have magic, you can do anything you want. That's not magnanimity, that's being abusive. Not... More

🔸♦️Character's Best Lines♦️🔸
∆ Special Thanks ∆
Chapter 1: Iris Death
Chapter 2: New Face, New World
Chapter 3: The Tower Master
Chapter 4: Vladimir's Wrath
Chapter 5: The Marquess Family
Story Vocabulary
Chapter 6: What are you doing here, Villain?
Chapter 8: The Berkin Village
Chapter 9: A New Character?
Chapter 10: The Invitation
Chapter 11: The Palace
Chapter 12: The Meeting Room
Chapter 13: Caster's Letter
Chapter 14: The House of Caster
Chapter 15: Damien von Caster
Chapter 16: The White Witch
Chapter 17: Darkening
Chapter 18: Heal Her
Chapter 19: Estelle's Power
Chapter 20: The Meeting With The King
Chapter 21: The Attack
Chapter 22: I Know You!
Chapter 23: It's him! the "Macabre"
Chapter 24: Meet You Again
Chapter 25: The Cave
Chapter 26: Estelle's Second Awakening
Chapter 27: The Queen's Past
Chapter 28: The Crown Prince's Arrival

Chapter 7: The Tea Party

423 13 1
By Helianthus_Spes

I can't believe this day will come.

In the past few days, I received multiple letters from different houses inviting me to a tea party.

You know what? I hate tea parties! Aristocrats' tea party is the worst! It's like a war, a battle of brains and guts. It's exhausting. Probably, the main topic would be Vladimir and me. Since they all found out the news about our broken friendship. The news spreads like a virus, and it makes people toxic. Ugh.

<At the tea party>

I'm going to the House of Moore to visit Lady Elissa, the Viscount Moore's daughter, and I'm wearing my royal blue dress. I applied a fresh make-up look and straighten my hair, simplicity is in my nature I don't need heavy jewelries and other stuff it's bothersome really.

The house of Moore is a wealthy family that we are familiar with from their jewelry company. She threw a magnificent tea party and invited all the women from every home. It was enormous and sparkling, and they staged the event in their garden. Each statue is decorated with gems and various flowers on the sides. Indeed, the garden is lovely. Sadly, I'm not a big fan of roses or other flowers. I prefer sunflowers.

As I walked into the aisle, someone announced my arrival, a person wearing a knight uniform.

"Lady Estelle, the Lady of Mullens of the Marquess Family!"

People looked at my direction; gosh, I feel nauseous because of their gazes. That was so intense! I have to get these over with before I lose my mind from all the pressure.

"My, my, it is indeed a pleasant day seeing Lady Estelle joining us at my tea party. It's been a while." I heard a high pitch voice, it was Lady Elissa wearing a beautiful red dress, which complements her curly, blonde hair and greenish-gray eyes. She's the host of this tea party and the viscount's daughter. Behind her is Lady Marianne daughter of a businessman who is known for being a genius in trading.

"Truly, I heard that Lady Estelle's friendship with the Tower Master has finally ended. Are the rumors true?" said Lady Marianne, giving her arrogant and pejorative look.

"Well, Lady Marianne, if the rumors are true, it would benefit Lady Estelle. Being friends with evils can tarnish our reputations as ladies, and we don't want that, do we?" Lady Elissa added to Lady Marianne's question.

"The tower master might be like a beast with no leash, thus he is popular for being an Adonis." Lady Devonne inserted in the conversation, she's the daughter of a baron.

"I rather marry a baron than marry a wild beast that smells like blood. Am I right, Lady Estelle?" Lady Elissa answered conceitedly.

"Apologies, I wasn't paying attention." I replied, while cleaning my right ear using my index finger showing them I'm not interested.

"Oh my, how rude." – Lady Elissa

"I can't listen to trash talking because I'm allergic. You see, if I hear unpleasant things, I often smack faces; it's an uncontrolled behavior, a reaction."

I saw the stunned faces of the ladies, it was hilarious. Bitches I'm the villainess here!

"Oh, dear!"

"Ha, it's a serious disease, my lady, we should call a physician!"

"Don't worry, I know how to cure it, I'll just need to smack someone's face."

They are all quiet, and they all look scared. They didn't expect that I'd go crazy. Huh?

They amuse me.

"Lady Estelle" a soft and lovely voice called my name, I turn my head to see but I was surprised it's the princess.

"Princess?"

As a display of respect, everyone turned to face the princess, stood up, and bowed. She seems like a radiant goddess because of the yellow gown she is wearing. She is a true female lead, yet her beauty is too dazzling. I show her respect, and she moves to approach me with a dignified princess-like stance. Her innocent face never disappoints me I look like a fool smiling in front of her, she looks like an angel.

"Lady Estelle, I'm glad you're here. It's a pleasure meeting you again." She said while showing me her sweetest smile that can make people kneel just to see that lovely smile of hers.

"The feeling is mutual, Princess." I said and smiled back.

"I appreciate the assistance that I received back in the capital; you are my savior!"

"The princess's safety is of the highest concern, and it is an honor."

The ladies behind us were confused about what we are babbling about. Then suddenly, Lady Devonne interrupted and said.

"It must be true then, pardon me princess, but I heard rumors about the princess incident at the capital." –Lady Devonne

"What rumor?" the princess asked.

"Rumors about the Princess, who is secretly helping the poor children at the capital" Lady Devonne added.

"Oh my, how kind." People murmur praising the princess.

"Yes, and Lady Estelle here is the one who prevented the princess from helping the underprivileged children, which is why she got into trouble."

"How evil." People murmur saying bad things about me. What the F*ck is she doing?

"Oh no, that is not true, Lady Estelle is the one who helped me against those perverts. She wouldn't do that." the princess said taking my side, showing everyone her teary eyes and pitiful self.

"Don't get fooled princess, she is the former best friend of a monster." – Lady Devonne said convincing the Princess to believe her.

It's all hearsay! What is this? How did the story bend like that? Is this why they invited me into this sh*thole so that they can d*ss me? The f*ck? Someone is writing a story about me, what a twist then.

"Lady Estelle, how could you do this? Is the tower masters' wickedness a contagious illness?" Lady Devonne said showing her disappointed face which people can see and think that I am a wicked person.

"Looks like lady Estelle caught it." said by Lady Marianne while smirking and quickly covered it using her fan.

*gossips

I laugh. OH MY GOSH, I can't with their ignorance! HAHA

"Oh my Goodness! She's laughing like a witch."

"Oh my, do you have evidence that I harmed the princess or that I hired perverts only for the purpose of harassing her? If so, show it to me, and I'll be happy to address any of your ridiculous accusations about me."

"You're just making excuses!" – Lady Devonne.

"Do I have any excuses? I don't think so, Lady Devonne, daughter of a Baron. You don't have proof of your allegations against me, tarnishing my reputation without sufficient evidence, which only means you are just insulting my family's name, the Marquess. Remember in order to justify my name, I have the power to execute you and your family for offending the right hand of the royal family." I said with a composed face and authoritative voice. Just to show everyone I am not afraid and that I am telling the truth.

*gasps *murmuring

"Lady Estelle, I know you're not a bad person, I understand if you feel insecure about me. Please stop, you're scaring them." the princess said in a soft tone.

Scared them? Insecure? I am just protecting myself. Is she that stupid? For her to not catch the situation? Or is she just pretending to be so nice but the truth is she's a f*cking snake?

"Do I look like a villainess, princess? I'm merely clarifying my stance against their unfounded allegations about me since ignorance might result in one's death."

"Oh I'm sorry, but they look like..." she said in a soft and nervous tone.

"Oh dear, trust me, someone is plotting to destroy me, who do you think it is, princess?" I smirk while looking at her pitiful self or she's just pretending to be innocent and dumb.

"D-Do you know?" she asks in an innocent tone.

I laugh again,

"Amusing, well, I assume I'm not welcome here anymore, therefore I'll leave. I hope you enjoy your tea and gossip about me, and the ladies who speak ill of me. I'm waiting for your pieces of evidence."

"Oh, I forgot, fuck ya'll." I put a big smile on my face and walked away from the sh*thole.

Bitches.

<Marquess Mansion>

*wind blowing at the terrace

It's chilly outside.

Ollie walks into my room and places the tray on the table, "My lady, your chamomile tea is ready." She approached and handed me a cup of tea.

I smile and say, "Thank you, you may take your rest." Ollie was looking at me intently, as if she had something to say.

"Yes, my lady."

She was about to leave when I decided to ask her about it. "If you have something to say, just say it. I don't bite." She turned back to me and asked, looking like she was going to cry.

"My lady, don't be too upset over the rumors. I think you're the nicest person in the world. There are many people who believe in you and love you. Don't think that you are alone in your fight." she said.

"I appreciate you stating that, Ollie, and I concur that you are a person of faith."

"Thank you my lady, we all wish for your happiness. It's just that there are things that you can't do on your own you need a friend; a person you can lean on. And sometimes you need to unburden things and share it to that person whom you can trust. You don't need to be alone. "

Ollie smiled, bowed, and then she left. Having someone like that in my life is nice. But Ollie I can fight this war on my own. I don't intend to share this burden to anyone because they have their own burdens too.

However, now my most concern is that someone is preparing a conspiracy against me. Who could it be? They may have successfully tarnished my reputation because of all the rumors about me. I will not let them off the hook.

I took a sip of my tea and smelled the aroma. Hmm... delicious.

Now think Estelle, I noticed that the princess is acting weird, she's not that dumb, and she's acting too nice and naïve. Too far from her role as a female lead. Is there a change in the novel? Is it because I came here?

I need to find out who's behind all those rumors. My life is starting to get messy, I'm afraid my death is near. I can't die here, cutting my ties to the villain is not enough to clear my name.

"Are you having trouble sleeping?" out of nowhere someone ask me a question.

"Yeah, Ah! What the -, w-what are you doing here!?" I nearly have a heart with these two morons.

"You look ugly."- my brother said.

Brother??? What the fuck!? They're floating in the air! I'm going insane, can't they act like normal human beings?

"You two, why can't you do business as usual and stop floating around like ghosts, and what's worse, in front of my bedroom terrace, really?"

"Ugh, dear sister, you talk too much; my ears are bleeding *giggles" my brother said showing his annoying smirk.

"Your tea is cold now, let me- "

"No, No, Thank you, sir. I hope you enjoy talking. Good night!" I shut the door and ran towards my bed.

<Estefan and Vladimir's Conversation>

Estefan and Vladimir stares at Estelle as she firmly closes the patio door. The two made the decision to use their ability to float in order to have a private conversation. They were in front of Estelle's bedroom, so she was shocked when she saw Vladimir's figure since he dispelled the invisibility spell.

"Pardon my sister, Vlad. She's cute but sometimes rude."

*smile " I know. That's why it's hard to not fall for her."

"I see she hit you that hard. What are you planning to do now?"

"The Spades are becoming impatient, and I can sense the minions of the black mist lurking in the dark places. Someone sets them off again, acting like savage beasts."

Spade is a secret organization that both Vladimir and Estefan are involved. The organization's aim is to eradicate the black mist influence. Most of the members of the organization are brave people who wants revenge for their family. People who've lost their family because the Teras, and now they formed this organization in secret . The leader is a friend of theirs who call himself 'Macabre' he is known to be impulsive, strong, powerful and evil. However, he is a good friend to the both of them.

"I see, I heard there was an attack at the Berkin Village. They said it was a wild bear or a wolf. Could it be?"

"The village is closer to your family's land. I'll go check it out."

"I don't get it, you save thousands of people and villages from the black mist's evil power, but people still see you as a villain."

"I don't care about them; I care about your sister. I want her to live in a peaceful world."

"You truly love her."

"More than my life." Vladimir then use his teleportation spell and vanished in front of Estelle's brother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Angels!

Helianthus Spes here!

Thank you for reading! I hope you support my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 6.9K 57
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
499K 28.1K 60
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
24.9K 728 90
Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned upside down by a crazy Duke who happens t...
58.1K 2.3K 30
Ezra has no motivation for anything. Whether it's about his studies, health, parents, friends, siblings, pets, or... himself. Forced by his family, h...