Shadamy Fanfic: Broken

By LotusValkyrie

After returning to the town with so many terrible memories, Amy begins to reacquaint herself with her old gan... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: It's Complicated
Chapter 3: Grand Opening
Chapter 4: Coping
Chapter 5: Bonding
Chapter 6: Strategies
Chapter 7: Teamwork
Chapter 8: Some Getting Used to
Chapter 9: Close Call
Chapter 10: Recovery
Chapter 11: Stay
Chapter 12: Risky
Chapter 13: Good Morning
Chapter 14: Long Time No See
Chapter 15: Making Amends
Chapter 16: Destruction
Chapter 17: Surprise
Chapter 18: Where am I?
Chapter 19: Falling
Chapter 20: Sacrifices
Chapter 21: Choices
Chapter 22: Waiting Game
Chapter 23: Repracussions
Chapter 24: Manifesting
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29: Control
Chapter 30: Experience
Chapter 30: Take it to a Vote
Chapter 31: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 32: Rememberance
Chapter 33: Perseverance
Chapter 34: Breathtaking
Chapter 35: Can we talk?
Chapter 37: Missed Opportunties, Part II
Chapter 38: New Beginnings
Chapter 39: Recuporation Vacation
Chapter 40: Ghosts of the Past
Chapter 41: Faint of Heart
Chapter 42: Angel Island
Chapter 43: Ablaze
Chapter 44: Entangled
Chapter 45: At an Impass
Chapter 46: Dooms Day
Chapter 47: Rose Without Thorns

Chapter 36: Missed Opportunties, Part I

859 14 7
By LotusValkyrie

Shadow's POV:

"You want... Me?"

"Yes."

"But, Why?"

Tucking a loose strand of pink hair behind her ear, I clench my jaw.

Out of all of the people that deserve love the most, not one person has ever shown her an ounce of it.

Enough so, that she's questioning why anyone would ever want her to begin with.

"Because you're perfect in every way possible. You showed me kindness when I didn't deserve it. You gave me a chance at being happy again when I was so bitter at how cruel this world has been to me that all I felt was hatred. You gave me friendship despite how deeply you were drowning in your own trauma, while at the same time helping me heal my own."

As her green gaze softens, I feel my heart begin to beat so loudly I wonder if she can hear it.

"You showed me love when I wasn't worthy of it. And no matter what you choose to feel, just know that I will forever be grateful to you for welcoming me into your life."

.
.
.

Amy's POV:

Even in this moment all I can think of is Maria's beautiful smile, and how desperately I wish I could see it one last time.

"But, Maria..."

"Would want you to be happy, Rose."

Softly sighing, I shut my eyes as hard as I can.

And when I do, I see everything that could go wrong. The what ifs, the unknowns. But at the same time, I see the possibility of happiness again. Even so, it doesn't overpower the doubts swirling in the back of my mind.

"I... I don't know what to say."

His gentle smile is warming to say the least, and a part of me feels guilty for wanting to give into him so easily.

I want to be happy, I truly do. But even while looking into his loving gaze my mind is drowning with so many fears that it feels suffocating.

"It's alright Rose, take as much time as you need. Even if it takes an eternity I'll still wait for you."

Feeling my heart nearly collapse at his chivalry, he elegantly dips me to the end of the song. As I turn to walk back to the table when Shadow, I'm swept from his side and dragged into the next song. Watching helplessly as he sits back down next to Cream and Tails, I look angrily up to see who had enough audacity to pull me from his side.

"What's wrong little dove, expecting someone else?"

Every hair on my body stands on end, the ache in my back suddenly more apparent from before.

"Well don't you look ravishing my dear, why the cold shoulder?"

My words become caught in my throat as I stare into his cold eyes, looking around in a panic at all of the civilians crowding the event hall.

I bite down on my tongue as a grin tugs at his lips.

He can feel me shaking.

The feeling of this monsters hand gripping my waist is enough to make me feel nauseated, while the memory of him shattering my spine is still painfully fresh.

Looking desperately to our table, Shadow has his back to the ball room.

"Oh he won't be of any help love, this whole thing was his idea anyways."

Snapping my attention back to him, his grovely laugh is deep and full.

Glancing once more at Shadow's black and red striped fur, I grit my teeth.

He's just trying to get under my skin. Shadow may have a speckled past, but he would never join Calix. I just need to distract this bastard long enough for someone to see past his mask.

"And what exactly is 'all his idea' anyways?"

Grimacing as he leans in close to my ear, he smells of ash and pine trees.

"Such a cold gaze you have in deed, my dear. But you see, him and I are cut from the same cloth. The same... Programming, if you will."

My ear twitches uncomfortably as his breath blows against it. Leaning back in an attempt to put any sort of distance between us, the memory of him shattering my spin is still very fresh on my mind.

Rolling his eyes, he says "alright alright I'll get on with it. I'll admit I'm a bit more of a solo act, but when he proposed the very same idea that I've been pondering myself, I must say I was quite intrigued. He broke me free from my shackles within that dreaded test tube, and in doing so gave me the opportunity to set our plans into motion."

No... None of this is right. Every word is a lie.

"Maria was murdered because the thought of creating a monster like yourself drove her uncle insane. Shadow would never have contributed to something that led to her death."

"She murdered herself, love. I had nothing to do with that. Besides, the doctor was ill of mind long before I came along."

Feeling a growl begin rise in the back of my throat, his grip on my waist tightens.

"He's using you just like he used her. She was a weak point, and weakness must me culled from that of the strong."

"Shut up."

"Oh, love--"

Raising my voice above the music in anger, the chaos energy within me writhes at the chance of being released.

"I said shut your damn mouth!"

Looking at me through narrowed eyes, the band stops playing and the crowd begins to whisper in a hushed manor.

"You should mind your tone, girl." Leaning down to whisper in my ear, the sound of chairs scraping against the marble floor echo around the banquet hall. "Choose to believe me, or don't. But either way, his affections will distract you, and you will fall alongside your comrades. You will join them in an eternal death, and this world will be remade as it was so intended to be."

Glancing up at Sonic sprinting towards us, Calix smiles down at me with an eerie smile. "Toodaloo, little dove." Snapping his fingers, he disappears into particles as the Mobian's surrounding us begin to look around in a panic.

No less than a second later, Sonic's shoes squeak as he skids to a stop, Shadow not far behind him.

"Rose, are you alright?"

Looking up into his worried crimson eyes, something in my stomach begins to sink.

I've seen his look of concern often enough to notice something different about it.

It's not a look of concern for that of someone you care about...

But that of someone who doesn't know if their secret has been exposed or not.

"Ames?"

Barely hearing Sonic's voice in the sea of anger coursing through my mind, I angrily throw Shadow's hand aside as he reaches for my shoulder. I would have defended him until the very end, but this feeling in my chest knows that something isn't right.

"You loved her! How could you?!"

Taking a step back, his eyes are wide in shock and lined with panic.

"She's dead Shadow! Maria is-" feeling my voice crack as he reaches out for me again, my voice raises to a howl as I bare my teeth at him.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Flinching as I snarl, I can see the emotions swirling behind his crimson eyes. But as much as I want to reach out and take my anger out on him.... I can't.

Feeling my voice break, I step back and bump straight into Sonic. My ears flatten to my head as I look at him with hurt in my eyes.

"I was about to give you everything you wanted. I... I wanted to give you everything..."

As Sonic places a comforting hand on my shoulder, I feel Sally walk up beside me and grab my hand. They all watch as Shadow's brows scrunch together, his eyes glued to the ground.

And as he slowly turns to walk away, I realize that I'm still shaking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 339 10
Sequel of "First Impressions" I strongly recommend to read the first part before reading this. It's been one year since Sonic disappeared. Dur...
926 32 11
Amy always knew she wasn't normal. And it wasn't just any feeling, like little girls feeling that they're magical. No, It was because she could read...
2.6K 73 7
Amy Rose has long forgotten her good-girl ways when one night 10 years ago changed it all. Now she's back to complete one simple mission but will thi...
5K 88 14
Sonic broke up with Amy and went to Sally and now she's heartbroken. Will she find love again? But Shadow has his eye on her and so does Scourge. Son...