Lovebug

By faitenet

[ marinette dupain-cheng / ladybug x f. reader ] ˚₊·➳❥ You become the holder of the miraculous of the cat to... More

playlist!
I | Stoneheart; part¹
II | Stoneheart; part²
III | The Bubbler
IV | Stormy Weather
V | Copycat
VI | Lady Wifi
VII | The Evillustrator
VIII | Rogercop
IX | Horrificator
X | Princess Fragrance
XI | Gamer
XII | Volpina
XIII | The Collector
XIV | Prime Queen
XV | Despair Bear
XVI | Befana
XVII | The Dark Owl
XVIII | Gigantitan
XIX | Glaciator
XX | The Sapotis
XXI | Cheese Supplier
XXII | Captain Hardrock
XXIII | Zombizou
XXIV | Frozer
XXV | Red Claws
XXVI | Envy; part¹
XXVII | Envy; part²
Special | Halloween Party
XXVIII | Malediktator
Special | Merry Christmas!
XXX | heroes day; part²
XXXI | Animaestro
XXXII | Plantera
XXXIII | Weredad
XXXIV | Silencer
XXXV | Oni-Chan
XXXVI | Oblivio
XXXVII | Party Crasher

XXIX | heroes day; part¹

2K 100 17
By faitenet

You crashed into your bed exhausted right after detransforming. You didn't even get a minute of rest before your alarm went off, telling you to get ready for school. You groggily whipped your hand on the alarm to shut it off and stood up with tired eyes.

Today was heroes day, that's right. Plagg sighed, as you finished putting on your last piece of clothing and made your way to your bathroom. "Ugh, Heroes Day. We're already heroes! Come on! Let's go back to bed!" Plagg waved his stinky cheese in front of you, almost making you gag. "Plagg, stop waving that cheese around! You're gonna make me throw up." Plagg threw the slice of cheese in the air, catching it in his mouth.

You finished packing your bag, going out into the kitchen to greet your parents. "Good morning, honey!" Your mom spoke joyfully.

"Good morning, mom." You replied, packing a small bag of snacks to take to school. It was already near the time you should head out, so you decided to skip breakfast. "You look awfully tired this morning." Your dad observed, watching you walk past him to the front door.

"Ah, I couldn't get much sleep last night." Your dad nodded, shrugging off whatever feeling he had. "Bye!" You waved to your parents, stepping out the door and finally making your way to school.

Everyone sat peacefully in their seats waiting for class to start. Your leg bounced up and down eyeing the girl that sat right in front of you. Marinette slightly tilted her head to look at you, watching you smile at her when she made eye contact. She quickly faced forward, letting out a sigh.

A sudden call appeared on the projector from Lila. "Hello, everyone!"

"Hi, Lila!"

"We can't wait to know what you've been up to! Tell us about your week in Atchoo." Ms. Bustier spoke. Everyone leaned forward in their seats, excited to see what Lila had to say. Marinette turned to the side, typing something angrily on her phone. "It's absolutely amazing! Prince Ali invited me and my parents to his gorgeous palace!"

Marinette smirked at her phone before raising her hand, interrupting what Lila was going to say next. "Excuse me, but Prince Ali couldn't have possibly invited you, because he's in the United States."

Lila looks taken aback for a second, immediately regaining her composure. She laughed. "I never said he was actually there, Marinette. I just said he invited us. His parents hosted the visit." Marinette retracted her phone away, mumbling to herself.

"I miss you guys so much! It's so hard being away on this magical trip, so far from my friends, and especially on heroes day!" The class let out a series of "awes." from Lila's statement, while Marinette just shook her head going back on her phone. "Lila, what good deed are you planning today?" Ms Bustier asked.

"Today, I'll be meeting up with Prince Ali to show him an idea I came up with. Marinette, Prince Ali is coming back to Atchoo today, isn't he?" Marinette sets her phone on her desk looking away. "Yeah, that's right."

"What idea is this, Lila?" Max asks. "I'm sure it's amazing!" Rose added.

"Oh, it's nothing much! My diplomat parents have helped me convince the leaders of several nations to agree to reduce world pollution and I'm optimistic the prince will agree!" This time you shook your head at Lila. The least she could do was make her lies at least a little believable. "Wow, that's incredible, Lila! Thank you on behalf of planet earth!" Ms Bustier spoke enthusiastically.

"Well, sure! Ladybug might save lives, but couldn't care less about the environment, so somebody has to come to the rescue." You nearly laughed at how dumb that sounded. You spoke up, having enough tone in your voice for Lila to realize you were taunting her. "What does Ladybug have to do with saving the environment? Her job is to save civilians from Hawkmoth. She has a life outside of being a hero as well, and you never know, she could be doing something about saving the environment now as we speak. It isn't Ladybug's job to do everything for people. She already does enough as is."

At this point the whole class was looking at you, including Marinette. You see a small flush of blush spread across Marinette's cheeks, and a subtle smile appear. Lila's eyebrow twitches on screen, as she tries to keep her fake smile up. "I'm sure Ladybug would be very impressed by what you're doing!" Ms Bustier encouraged.

"Thank you for your encouraging words. I'm sorry but it's late here. As you can see behind me, the sun's already going down. See you soon!" Lila waves at everyone through the screen before hanging up.

"Well, it won't be easy living up to Lila's standards, but let's not forget we can all be heroes for this one day! We may not all have Prince Ali as a friend, but..." Ms Bustier gets cut off by the principal bursting through the classroom in his owl costume.

"We do have imagination! Hoo! Hoo!" A picture is displayed on screen of Catwoman, Ladybug, Rena Rouge, and a photoshopped picture of Mr Owl with them. "This year, Ladybug and Catwoman have been our heroes, protecting us from Hawkmoth! They've shown us heroism is beyond comic books and fairy tales! Heroism is real and it is up to you to show how Ladybug and Catwoman have brought out the best in all of us, by being everyday heroes!"

Ms Bustier nodded her head in agreement. "That's a very heroic thing to say! So what heroic deeds have you all planned? Nino?"

Nino stood up, "i've gotta admit, I never used to do anything for anyone before, but Catwoman and Ladybug have shown me what being cool's really about!" Nino talked with excitement. "So this year, ill visit the elderly down at the retirement home and play them all their favorite songs!" Nino sat back down, and Ms Bustier called on Adrien next.

Now Adrien stood up, speaking soon after. "I've planned to give my fencing classmates a lesson in Chinese, and my Chinese classmates a lesson in fencing!"

"Alya?"

"Last year, I wrote an article about providing disabled access. But after seeing Ladybug and Catwoman going that extra mile, every single day, I decided I could do better! So I got the mayor to improve facilities so handicapped kids can attend our school!" The teacher and principal clapped along with a few other students in the class.

"What about you, [Y/N]?"

You kept your hands on your desk as you stood up, now being the speaker. "My mom and I are giving away all the fruits and vegetables we've grown this year to a local food drive for people in need of food." You sat back down while Ms Bustier clapped, and lastly called on Marinette.

"Uh... yeah... so, I have macaroons." Marinette held up a box of Macaroons nervously.

"Like every year?" Chloe said with a hint of backhandedness in her voice. "You obviously went above and beyond, Dupain-Cheng."

Alya stood up, quick to Marinette's defense. "Hey! She did what she could. It's better than nothing!"

"Hey, I am doing something! I'll be signing autographs for anyone who wants one!"

Marinette's voice cuts in again. "Wait! It's not just macaroons for us! I'm actually organizing a school-wide macaron tasting!" The class "ouu"s at Marinette. "Yeah! And there'll be more than just macaroons. There'll be pastries, pies, fruits, and cakes! I invite everybody to the biggest tasting ever at the park tonight!"

"Cakes for everyone!" Ivan chants.

You set your backdown behind the counter, getting ready to help your mom prep the foods. You washed your hands and put gloves on. Your mom handed you an apron so you wouldn't get your school clothes dirty. Each fruit and vegetable had their own basket.

Some baskets were already full, and some had nothing in them. You began picking carrots out of the garden and putting them in their labeled basket. Your mom told you that you'll both wash the fruits and vegetables after they are all done.

You continued pulling carrots while looking over at your mom, who was now picking strawberries. "Mom, is it okay if I go to the park later on? Marinette is holding a food tasting for the whole school, and I'd like to go."

Your mom paused for a second, "sure, honey! Just make sure you let your dad know as well." You nodded. "Thank you!"

A tv was set up in the corner of the greenhouse. The news was currently broadcasting a parade going on celebrating Heroes Day. A short clip of floats of Rena Rouge, Catwoman, and Ladybug appeared, followed by pictures of the heroes in action, and just regular pictures of them with citizens. "In honor of the wonderful Ladybug, who has saved my son, Adrien, and myself, and who relentlessly protects us everyday, I have financed this tribute to Ladybug and Catwoman. Because they are the only true heroes, unlike her mediocre imitations, such as volpina." Mr Agreste said on the news.

Your face immediately became sour, thinking of why he would even say such a thing. It was as if he was purposely trying to get a specific someone mad. Make someone bait for akumatization.

You didn't doubt the possibility of Gabriel Agreste being Hawkmoth. You'd been suspecting him since the day he'd gotten akumatizd. And after the whole situation with Cecilia (Adrien's sister) it'd added a little more to the idea of Gabriel being the Hawkmoth. You've yet to tell Adrien or Ladybug about the situation with Cecilia, the timing never seemed right, but you knew you'd have to tell Adrien sooner rather than later.

After the confession from Cecilia, you put her number in you staff phone. She'd promised not to stalk around the Agreste property anymore, but you'd told her that if anything where to happen, she could text you.

Before you knew it, you'd already picked all the carrots in the garden. Just before you were about to start on the next vegetable, you appeared on tv. Or, at least Catwoman did.

You watched as someone that was supposed to be you, and a different Ladybug fought each other. "Move out of the way everyone, she's been akumatized!" Catwoman said.

It must be an illusion. It must be volpina.

You brushed your hands against the apron, stretching as you stand up to not seem suspicious. "I'm going to use the restroom. I'll be back in a few minutes." You told your mom, unwrapping the apron from your waist as you walk away.

You left your moms sight, allowing Plagg to fly out your fanny pack. "What was all that about?"

"I just witnessed my own death, apparently." You joked. "Plagg, claws out!"

You left the greenhouse area, and hopped from building to building, going to where the battle between the illusion of Catwoman and Ladybug was held. You noticed a bunch of butterflies flying your direction. You moved to a different building to get a better look at them, they were akumas, but they were different from the regular ones.

All the akumas flew towards the scared citizens, getting them all akumatized. So many people had become villains, it'd be impossible to get them all.

You rushed over to the school, seeing a whole group of villains, one being Gorilla. He held Adrien in his fist tight enough so he wouldn't let go. You landed right below his fist and quickly extended your staff to get Adrien out of there. You ran across the buildings before Gorilla could get either of you and set him down.

"Are you okay?" You asked. Adrien nodded, "I saw you get cataclysmed on tv! Ladybug was akumatized and you guys fought? Then you didn't show up at school and I got worried! Are you okay?! What happened?"

"It must've been an illusion. Lila was probably akumatized again. I don't know how Hawkmoth managed to re-akumatize everyone though. Listen, Adrien, I need to tell you something. Obviously now's not the time, but it is important." A call came on your phone from Ladybug. You nodded off at Adrien and left.

"Hey, I need your help with something!" You laughed. "Paris is filled with villains right now. I figured you might."

"It's with something else, Catwoman. I trust you a lot, you know." As Ladybug entered your vision just a couple buildings away, you hung up the phone and met her halfway.

"Catwoman! I've got something for you." Ladybug motioned for you to put out your hand so she could put something in it. "I know I've never asked you to do something like this, but I really do trust you, and I want us to be able to work together as a team." Ladybug uncovered her hand revealing the miraculous of the bee. "I need you to give this to someone you trust. Get it back after the battle and give it to me. If Hawkmoth plans on making an army of his own, then so should we."

You smiled and nodded, "thank you, Ladybug." You gave her a quick hug before taking off to where you'd last left Adrien.

Surprisingly, he was still there. "Adrien, I've got something for you." He looked up, seeing you hold a miraculous in front of him.

"This is the miraculous of the bee. We will need help fighting the villains, and I'm trusting you. " Adrien looks shocked and happy, his head tilted to the side a bit.

"Seriously, a hair clip?" He says, as he puts the clip in his hair. Pollen appears right in front of Adrien, while he slowly grew more and more excited. "All you've got to say is, Pollen, buzz on!" Pollen tells him.

"Pollen, buzz on!" Adrien transforms into a bee-like costume. His arms and thighs were striped of black and yellow, while the knee and below was plain black. His mask also matched the costume, and surprisingly his hair changed as well. He now had a few black highlights, and two short antennas sticking out. "Wow!" Adrien admired himself, looking all around.

"Let's go now!" You led a Adrien back to where you and Ladybug previously were. She came back with Rena Rouge, and another new hero.

Ladybug kept a determined look on her face. "Hello, new hero! I know this is a lot to deal with in your first battle. I hope Catwoman taught you a few things at least."

Adrien nodded, smiling in return. "Yes, she did! I'm... uh... Beehive?"

"I'm Carapace!" The one with the turtle miraculous says. "Why can't we just fight already?" Carapace asks.

"We won't be able to defeat them if we don't know what they're planning."

Right in plain sight, Hawkmoth reveals himself amongst the army of villains. You, along with the others gasps at him.

"Ladybug, Catwoman, behold my powerful army and have no doubt that today belongs to Scarlet Moth!" Hawkmoth grins evilly.

"Don't get too cocky, Hawkmoth! I'm gonna sting you where it hurts!" Beehive threatens. You laughed confidently, leaning against your staff. "It's only ten villains to every one of us. Truthfully, I say we avoid them and go straight for Hawkmoth. Why not go straight for the source?"

"I got your back, Rena." Carapace placed his hand on Rena Rouge's shoulder. "No, I got your back." She replied. "I got your back!" He argued.

"No!"

You shook your head at the two, eyeing Adrien before walking over to Ladybug. You sighed, leaning closer to Ladybug. "We got this, M'lady. So, what's the plan?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 2.2K 27
❝Isn't it sad when you get hurt so much, you can finally say, I'm used to it.❞ Does changing targets really work in the case of love for Marinette a...
3.6K 288 21
[COMPLETE] "No... no! Don't tell me that he got to you M'lady!" "You mangy street cat! Give me your Miraculous!" ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● (Set bef...
51.5K 2.2K 14
💌🐞🐈‍⬛ ❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐄 ❜࿔*:・゚ ## . a ADRIEN AND CAT NOIR fanfiction. ╭──╯ IN WHICH ━━ bestowed with magical powers ...
338K 10.8K 19
Cat Noir's miraculous broke with plagg still in it, transforming him into a cat! he had no idea what to do until a certain blunette came along and sa...