The Awakened One, Book 1: Rem...

By Nentai96

Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon i... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Armageddon
Chapter 2: Battle Of Wills
Chapter 3: Hell On Earth
Chapter 4: Awakening
Chapter 5: Awakened One
The Public Service Announcement
Chapter 6: The Queen of The Amazon
Chapter 7: Vampire May Cry
|^{PSA II}^|
|X!-Status-!X|
Chapter 8: A New World
Chapter 9: A New Companion
(A/N): III
Chapter 10: A Chance Encounter
Chapter 11: Lovers
*!Status!* II
(A/N): IV
Chapter 12: Vale
Chapter 13: A Night in Vale
(A/N): V
Chapter 14: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 15: Training Begins
Chapter 16: A Mysterious Figure
Chapter 17: Scars
(A/N): VI
*!Status!* III
Chapter 18: Glynda Goodwitch
Chapter 19: Ice Queen
Chapter 20: Ozma
(A/N): VII
Chapter 21: Thief in The Night
Chapter 22: The Reaper
Chapter 23: The Xiong Family
(A/N): VIII
Chapter 24: A Woman's Curse
Chapter 25: Spiders
Chapter 26: Foundation
(A/N): IX
Chapter 27: The Disciplinarian
Chapter 28: Jacques Schnee
*!Status!* IV
Chapter 29: Despair
*!Status!* V
(A/N): X
Chapter 30: Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 31: Taking Out The Trash
Chapter 32: Red Like Roses
(A/N): XI
Chapter 33: I Burn
Chapter 34: The Demon Clan
Chapter 35: Preparing For Victory
(A/N): XII
Chapter 36: Conquering Vale's Underworld
Chapter 37: Aftermath
Chapter 38: A Newer Companion
(A/N): XIII
Chapter 39: Mirror Mirror
Chapter 40: Who am I?
Chapter 41: A Fateful Meeting
(A/N): XIV
Chapter 42: At Last
Chapter 43: The White Fang
Chapter 44: Forever Fall Forest
(A/N): XV
Chapter 45: From Shadows
Chapter 46: To Light
Chapter 47: The Snake And The Tiger
(A/N): XVI
Chapter 48: Fairy Tales
Chapter 49: Moving Forward
Chapter 50: Towards The End
(A/N): XVII
Chapter 51: Of The Beginning
Chapter 52: The Summer Tournament
Chapter 53: Finalists
Chapter 54: Finale
Chapter 55: Finished
Chapter 56: Finally
Public Service Announcement
Chapter 57: Initiation
Chapter 58: Act 2
Chapter 59: Knight Ceremony
Chapter 60: Alpha Megoliath
Chapter 61: Power Leveling
Chapter 62: Total Recall
Chapter 63: System Update
Chapter 64: Divided
Chapter 65: Upside
Chapter 66: Downturn
Chapter 67: The Meeting
Chapter 68: Vacuo
Chapter 69: Tribes of The Desert
Chapter 70: The Desert Kreeps
Chapter 71: The Desert Walkers
Chapter 72: Desert Faunus Alliance
|X!-Status-!X|
Chapter 74: Unfortunate Circumstance
Chapter 75: The Mysterious Hunter
Chapter 76: Desperate Invaders
Chapter 77: To Protect
Chapter 78: Running Out Of Time
Chapter 79: Mistake Driven Turmoil
| Where TF Have I Been? |
Awakened Organization: Closure {A Loving Summary}

Chapter 73: Disappearance

197 10 5
By Nentai96

(Y/N) looked around at the bodies that littered the cold desert sand without even a slight bit of care or remorse. This wasn't the first time he was responsible for the loss of life, and he was sure this wouldn't be the last. 

Even though the number of people that he had slayed directly were few and far between, whenever he completely removed one of the attackers Aura, they were left completely defenseless from the attacks from the defending Desert Jades. 

This directly resulted in the sight that he saw before him, bodies on top of bodies that were left behind after the attacking Desert Walkers realized that advancing further would be helpless.

Throughout the battle, the attacking Faunus were more than unlucky enough to be the unwilling test subjects of Fang's new weapon of choice, Agni-Aeolus. True to its description, the weapon was truly a godlike power, not that (Y/N) really had a godlike power to compare it to but still. 

In its spear form it was about what he expected from the weapon at a base level, extremely sharp at both ends, sturdy in its shaft, long range, incredibly handled, and borderline unstoppable when it came to piercing attacks of any kind. 

Once he thrusted the spear head forward with any variability of strength, there was nothing that the enemy could do to keep the spearhead from reaching their bodies.

However, this wasn't the most impressive portion of the spear version of the weapon, that would come from its amazing ability to control both the fire and wind attributes of the Dust that was used to create it. 

By funneling his mana through the Green Dust portions of the weapon, Agni-Aeolus was able to generate blades of wind that covered the blades of weapon similar to that of Byakko's Skill, and by doing the same to the Red Dust parts he was able to super heat the entire weapon as a whole. 

This making each of his attacks explode with ferocity whenever he pleased. 

Although it was impressive, he quickly learned that the effects of the Dust enhanced attacks were being limited greatly by the fact that he was using Mana instead of Aura.

Whenever he did these attacks essentially what is happening is his power becomes a catalyst for the Dust to create the elemental reaction, and because Mana is a foreign catalyst to Dust it, isn't nearly as effective. He could see it fairly easily in Skills as he often needed a lot more Mana than Aura to activate certain Skills and get the same effects. 

However, simply pouring more Mana into the weapon didn't grant him more effective Dust enhanced attacks, instead the effect simply lasted longer and was easier to maintain, so he quickly deduced that he actually needed to use his own Aura if he wanted to properly utilize his Dust weapons.

This fact was seen even more whenever he changed the weapon into the form that he favorited over the former, its chain mode. 

As the weapon's description suggested the secondary form of Agni-Aeolus had the former shaft of the spear break its spiral to change into a long chain of alternatingly linked Red and Green Dust links. 

The former spearhead then extended to form a circular Chakram made entirely from small spearhead like blades, each being created with a Red Dust base but having a blade made from its Green counterpart.

When fully extended the chain was about six feet long, even though while wielding it because of how well the weapon handled the chain actually felt like half of that, and the chakram of blades spun rapidly, spinning so fast in fact that to the untrained eye it looked as if each of the blades wasn't moving at all. 

While in Chain mode the Dust properties of Agni-Aeolus changed slightly, and it was because of this change that he was able to recognize the alternative effects that Mana had on his weapon of choice.

While in Agni-Aeolus's spear form he could coat the weapons in wind and just barely extend a wind blade a few inches from its tip and the explosions that erupted whenever he impacted something was miniscule at best, adding more damage but mostly just concussing his opponent.

Whenever he funneled his Mana through the weapon in this form, the wind generated from the Ancient Green Dust would spin rapidly from the blades. This in turn created a powerful whipping tornado of spinning wind blades that were supposed to be devastating to the touch, but instead of slicing anyone they came into contact with they blew them away like some kind of concussive blast. 

On top of this, whenever he did the same thing to the Ancient Red Dust on the weapon it did something similar, either adding to the tornado like effect of the Green Dust and creating an explosive force alongside the concussive blast from the wind or generating a ring of fire that seared his opponents and boosted the strength of each of his attacks a good amount.

Either way he figured that he would be able to learn more about the effects that he could create by using Aura instead of Mana, but it would be something that he'd have to test at another time. Learning about Agni-Aeolus was the only thing that he did while combating the attacking Desert Walkers tribe, turns out he also ended up using Source Slice so much that it ended up reaching max level for him, granting him a pretty nifty new ability.

*New* Abilities Obtained:

*The Conduit*- All things that have life are generated by Essence and as such have a basis for creation. Mana, Aura, Life Essence, and all other Power Sources are seen as one entity, and since you are able to see through this façade of uniqueness you are able to attack these Power Sources directly with whatever Skill or ability of your choosing.

*New* Skills Obtained:

*Conduit's Demise* {Lvl: MAX}- All things that have life are generated by Essence and as such have a basis for creation. Mana, Aura, Life Essence, and all other Power Sources are seen as one entity. Since you are able to see through this façade of uniqueness you are able to attack these Power Sources directly, sealing them temporarily from their controllers; Inflict Silence on an opponent; Cost 2000mp

Once Source Slice reached its maximum level it evolved into the Skill Conduit's Demise which made it so he could Silence an opponent, essentially cutting them off from whatever their Power Source was temporarily. 

So, for example, let's say he were to go into a fight against Glynda and use this Skill, as long as it was successful, he would be able to stop Glynda from using her Aura at all for an unspecified amount of time, but if he were to go up against someone like Anaya, who is the Summer Maiden, than he'd be able to cut off either Aura or Mana but not both. 

Also once the Skill reached MAX, instead of gaining an EX ability, the Skill itself just turned into an ability that he could use passively whenever he pleased, no costs required.

This turned out to be much more useful than the silencing Skill for the moment since it allowed him to fire off numerous Skills in quick succession without worrying that he might accidentally kill someone, since he wasn't really good at holding back the power of his Skills. 

Therefore, overall, he learned a bunch from the experience and even managed to find a single dungeon in the Desert Jades' camp, surprised that there were actually enough people for one to be created.

As the battle came to a close and the Walkers quickly began retreating, the Jades barely let up their chase, only stopping once the second in command ordered them to. No prisoners were taken, none but the one Faunus man that started it all, a man that (Y/N) observed to be called Peach, one of his titles being Nasty Peach. 

An odd name and even odder title, but none the less (Y/N) made sure to kill his Aura and drag him with him to the Jades tribe for questioning. He didn't honestly think he could learn much from the man, but he chose to take him in any way since he could still kill him afterwards regardless.

Unsurprisingly once everything was said and done, the Jades quickly turned their blades on him since he was obviously a very mysterious figure, a mysterious figure that saved their asses, but still a mystery none the less. 

The moment they chose to target him (Y/N) began thinking about the uses he actually had for this Tribe, thinking about whether he actually needed to spend a whole bunch of time talking with them or if he could just drop the Desert Walkers' new Chief off and head back to the White Fang camp to alert everyone on what was happening. 

After all the only thing he thought he might've needed from the Jades was access to there camp so he could clear its dungeon.

However, before he was able to make a decision for himself a Faunus man with a short tail draped from his shorts made the choice for him, telling the Tribe's warriors to stand down since he was the one that helped them the most during the battle. 

The man introduced himself as Sunlight and told Fang that he was put in charge by the Chief while she was away helping Adam with the White Fang problem. 

Fang was then escorted into the camp which he found was much more organized and stable than the Walkers, their tents being made from the same high-quality fabric as those from the White Fang. 

The tents placement being organized to allow easy travel throughout the location, and surrounding the entire camp was a large fence, about six feet high, that was guarded with warriors at each post.

It seemed like this Clan was doing incredibly well and was very stable in comparison to the rest, not needing to move around nearly as much. The population was large, their equipment quality was great, and everything else seemed to be in order. 

According to Adam's report, the Jades were apparently not doing well enough to support any other Faunus, but to (Y/N)'s eye they seemed perfectly capable. The only thing that he saw wrong was the people themselves.

Each of the Warriors that fought back against the Walkers were dead tired, sprawling across the grounds in the shaded areas of the camp. 

Their were no kids running around happily, instead they sat quietly barely being able to move, and the entire vibe of the place screamed that there was something wrong. 

As soon as (Y/N) noticed this he decided to ask about it, to which Sunlight responded that they were going through a bad drought.

Apparently, their main sources of water had run dry, no longer having any Blue Dust Crystals, and the hunting grounds that they hunted Mole Crabs in were no longer prosperous. 

Turns out these large crab-like animals, that (Y/N) had seen a few of while he was traveling, contained black sacks of drinking water within them, because of this they were essential to the Tribes water supply especially when the Blue Dust ran short. 

The Tribe was too small to travel long distances to a new area and the hunting groups that they sent out were taking too long to return, so the Tribe's situation was only getting worse and worse.

It was an unfortunate situation, but it was one that (Y/N) could easily help if he so chose to. But it would have to wait for later since he needed to interrogate the man he was dragging through the sand first. 

It didn't take long for Sunlight to take the mysterious masked man to a discrete location, a small tent outside of the main camping area. 

This was the place that he would allow Fang to interrogate the former Tribal leader by himself before he would take over to make Nasty Peach pay for his crimes.

Once Sunlight exited the room (Y/N) went through his usual interrogation nonsense to scare the man into telling him everything that he wanted to know, starting with threats, moving on to the fear inducing Skills, and, when that didn't work, finally using bodily harm. 

He never had to go this far on a person before since normally they'd be spilling every little secret they knew by the time he activated Intimidate however this guy was different, he was very tough, refusing to give literally anything until Fang started removing fingernails and 'extra' teeth.

(Y/N) didn't lie to himself, it felt a bit odd torturing a man who may or may not know something of interest to him, not that he felt bad necessarily, but he definitely didn't feel good about it either. 

Normally under these circumstances he'd be doing it for a specified purpose, needing a specific piece of information from the suspect, but right now he was going blind and hoping to find some gold. 

However, it did help that the Nasty Peach was so insistent on not saying anything since that meant that he had to know at least something that was a little important, and it turns out he did... kind of.

After the third fingernail ,and first fang, was pulled from the man's form, he spilled everything, and everything was kind of interesting. 

According to what Peach explained he wasn't the person to suggest attacking the Jades, nor did he really want to go against Jayson's wishes to directly attack the White Fang, he was led by someone else. 

He didn't know what the person looked like since they took great care to hide their form, nor did he care to find out, all he did know was that that person was strong and sinister, an amazing combination for those in the Walkers.

Peach then went on to say that the mysterious man promised him the position of Chieftain of the Desert Walkers and all he had to do to gain it was do what they said. 

The person also told him that the only thing he wanted in return was for Peach to order the Walkers to attack the Jades with a single goal... kidnapping Anaya. That was all he said and once Peach agreed he left.

This conversation only brought more questions to Fang, he had a few ideas and a couple of concerns, but this didn't seem to change anything for him specifically. 

The Walkers attacked to kidnap a woman that they didn't know wasn't here, so if they wanted to actually kidnap her, they'd have to get through the entire White Fang camp, Adam, Nix, Blake, Neyah, and herself since she's very powerful in her own right. 

There is not really a likely way for them to do anything to her in a situation so there wasn't really anything for him to worry about. However, what he didn't know, and sort of worried him, was why someone would want to kidnap the leader of the Jades.

In reality it could've been any number of things, each of the ones that (Y/N) came up with getting progressively worse, but none of them seemed to do with his current situation. So, he left it alone. Nothing gained, nothing lost. 

Fang gave the man a small thank you before leaving him in the hands of the Tribe, to which they gave him a swift public execution. It was not a very pretty sight, but then again not one that really moved the onlookers either.

After Nasty Peach's death it didn't take long for normalcy to begin once more in the thirsty Tribe. It was then that (Y/N) audibly said 'Fuck it' before pulling the acting Chief aside and handing Sunlight all of the normal Blue Dust Crystals he had on him, telling him to use them wisely and try to talk with Anaya into putting the Tribe in a better spot for water and food.

Before Sunlight could question Fang, or at least give him thanks, the man seemed to disappear into thin air, leaving him alone in a tent full of exactly what the Tribe needed. 

(Y/N) didn't actually disappear, instead he simply entered the Dungeon that he found in the most populated area of the camp.

Lair of the Desert Walkers

Recommended Level: 63

Turns out it wasn't actually a normal Dungeon, or a Boss Room, the Dungeon-like rift that he entered turned out to be something called a Lair, and after asking Meta about it he learned exactly what it was. 

Without going into much detail, essentially a Lair is simply a mix between a very large Dungeon and a traditional area Boss Room. 

The moment he entered the Lair he was greeted by an ever-expanding desert, arid conditions, and a blistering heat that was far worse than Vacuo's usual climate.

Immediately upon entering the Dungeon he activated his Hakai Skill to attempt to destroy the structure in its entirety, clearing the Lair in mere moments, but once he thought the magic words, he was greeted with a similar message to that he received in Atlas. 

Now being alerted to the fact that he wasn't able to simply insta-destroy the new Dungeon type, he quickly took to exploring and clearing the location as fast as he could. However, it turned out to be quite a bit more than he originally bargained for.

While normal dungeons didn't take long to clear, nor were they extraordinarily hard to clear, there were tons of them in a concentrated area making clearing them all much more time consuming albeit unchallenging. 

Boss Rooms on the other hand were the complete opposite, being the only one in a designated sector that was significantly more challenging than the aforementioned Dungeons. Because of the low enemy count and small number of them, Boss Rooms as a whole took little to no time to complete, even thought they were 'more difficult.'

Lairs, however, turned out to be the worst of both worlds. Massive interior, incredibly large amounts of enemies, increased difficulty of Bosses and multiple of them, and of course a final boss that needed to be killed in order to finish the entire thing. All of this culminated into one thing, being time-consuming.

This was more than annoying for (Y/N) who went enemy by enemy, chest by chest, area by area, in the entire Dungeon to see to it that he got the absolute most value out of its appearance, but even he still was able to eventually finish the whole thing.

His reward for doing so was lack luster at best, Dust that he didn't need, money that he didn't need, materials he didn't need, and so on, but he figured that he at least got a good amount of Exp, though it was more for his partners than himself.

Once he completed the Dungeon filled with a few interesting Grimm that he hadn't seen before, he exited the Lair to a notification that was similar to those that he received whenever he completed a Boss Room, telling him that he cleared this area of the Animus.

He quickly finished reading through the clear message, thought about the implications of it on the surrounding desert scape, and momentarily took note of the fact that the sun had risen once more. 

"How long was I in there?" Peering at his surroundings he quickly realized that he was still in the center of the Desert Jade Tribe camp, and before anyone noticed him, he slipped back into the already completed Lair to ensure he wasn't seen.

"I already did the whole mysterious disappearance thing, it'd kind of be weird if I were to just reappear in center of the camp without notice or reason." Once he reentered the camp, he quickly went over all the things that he came to do, did, and learned, finding that there wasn't a reason for him to remain outside the White Fang camp. 

"Looks like it's time to head back. Hopefully Zeb finished that Khrish business already and is heading back to the Camp soon so we can plan our next step."

Before activating his fast travel Skill, he absently thought of Byakko and Lilith who he hadn't spoken to in a while, but once he figured that they were handling themselves well and believing that he could check on them anytime he really wanted to because of the System he decided to move forward with his thoughts. 

"Fast Travel" once he spoke the Skill into existence, all he had to do was keep his desired location in mind and watch as a portal opened directly in front of him, guiding the Faunus man to the White Fang camp.

Looking to the other side of the structure he saw a familiar room, "it's about damn time" he thought as he stepped through the structure, walking directly into the large tent where he originally met with Adam and Anaya. 

As his trip to quell the anger of the Desert Walkers lasted much longer than he originally thought it would, the gears in (Y/N)'s mind immediately began shifting and moving to address how he would attack the next problem presented to him.

However, his thoughts were cut extremely short, stopping his planning before it could ever truly begin, as he took a gander at the surrounding room. "What the fuck happened here?" Once his eyes began traveling around the room, (Y/N) quickly became aware of the awkward state of wear the room had been left in.

The tent was vacant. Chairs were spread far from underneath the large wooden table at the center of the room, a few were laying on there sides on the ground with small mounds of sand covering the wooden legs with others being sat up in isolation away from everything else. 

The pitcher of water that was normally propped up on the round table in the corner of the room was spilled, the water pooling around the table but not dripping onto the sand bellow.

Surprisingly there wasn't anything damaged or in complete disarray, instead it seemed like everyone in the room had suddenly rushed out in a state of emergency, or maybe panic, and had yet to return. 

Speaking of returning, it was evident from the sand that had blown over the chairs and the state that the water was left in that whatever caused everyone in the room to rush out happened a while ago.

Without wasting another moment, (Y/N) jogged out of the room at a brisk pace and at the same time opening his mental map to get a full scope of the state of the White Fang camp. 

On the map he found nothing especially out of the ordinary, patrols were patrolling, people were in various structures across the camp, there were still individuals watching over the camp from afar, and all else was quiet. 

The only apparent oddity was the small group of individuals just outside the camp, however even that wasn't too out of the ordinary. Even still there was definitely something missing. "Where are the twins at?"

Normally the markers on his mental map appeared in different colors, strangers being blue, allies being Green, enemies red, but since he unlocked the Clan creator the marker colors have increased. 

Those of the Demon Clan show up with black arrow markers with the Elites having a red outline on their arrows and those in the Lovers Clan would have a pink marker.

As he scoured the camp using his mental map, and cautiously jogged in between each of the white tarps, he quickly took notice of the lack of colors appearing in his mind.

"Meta call Nix."

[Yes sir!]

For a moment silence rang deafeningly between the Awakened One's ears, causing him to stop in his own tracks as he waited for a response.

[Meta attempted to contact 'The Ice Queen' however this contact is unavailable at the moment.]

"Try Blake." The call to Blakes Scroll actually rang within his ears for a while, continuing to do so while he waited for her to pick up the phone. 

However, as the call rang and rang it soon became clear that the woman on the other line wasn't going to pick up.

[The contact 'Black Cat' did not answer the incoming call. Should Meta attempt to call 'Dark Skin Goddess'?]

For a moment (Y/N) stood frozen in place not giving a single glance to the White Fang members that were beginning to notice his presence within the camp. 

 Although his body didn't move an inch the Faunus's eyes, ears, and tails suddenly became shifty beneath his appearance, leaving everyone ignorant of the appendages reactions. "Yeah, please call Neyah. If that doesn't work, then call Adam as well."

[Understood! Contact 'Dark Skin Goddess' has been completely disconnected. This is likely due to the Scroll being destroyed entirely. Meta will now contact 'Red Redemption'!]

He wasn't even given a moment to think that Neyah might answer his call as Meta alerted him to the current situation. 

Even though the sound of silent ringing echoed throughout his mind (Y/N) didn't notice it, nor did he even pay attention when Meta alerted him that Adam's Scroll was unavailable as well. "Fuck" he spoke under his breath, beginning to walk in a lost haze towards the edge of the camp.

With each step his mind only fogged further as it filled with what felt like an infinite number of questions without answers, hypothetical impossibilities, and past decisions that could've avoided this scenario entirely. 

However, even in his mindless haze of overstimulated information a single question rang nigh infinitely louder than any other. "Where the fuck are they?" The more he thought about it, the quicker his feet moved, and soon enough (Y/N) went from a lost walk to brisk jog and finally an all-out sprint.

"Meta, can you use the Lover Clan or System Map to see where they went?"

[Meta is sorry but that is beyond your, or Meta's, capabilities. Under usual circumstances this may be possible, but when in a situation where the location of a person is unknown to you, they cannot be located through usual means.]

"Shit!" As he began running through the White Fang Camp he garnered more and more attention from the surrounding Faunus, and each of them could be a valuable store of information, but time was of the essence. 

With that in mind he made a sudden stop in front of a random pair of the masked Faunus, kicking up a cloud of sand as he did so.

"Fang?!?" One of the Faunus shouted to themselves as the intimidating figure stood in front himself and his partner.

"Sir!" The woman yelled in his presence, stiffening up as she did so. "I didn't realize you were back already!"

Without acknowledging their greeting Fang took a single step towards the duo and asked, "Where is Nia and the Lieutenant?"

The pair took a quick look at one another before one of the women replied, "Uhm, I don't know, but if they were any where I'd think they were at the scene."

At that comment the woman's partner added, "since they are the acting leaders we can grab them while you wait in the Leaders Hut."

"No" he replied quickly, "that's necessary. Point me in the right direction." Although confused, both of the Faunus pointed in the direction of the group of Faunus outside of the Camp site that (Y/N) had originally seen on his own mental map, and before they had a moment to say another word Fang practically disappeared as he sprinted outside the camp.

It took practically no time for (Y/N) to reappear outside the White Fang camp fencing and into the wind open desert where he found out what the Faunus women were referring to as the 'scene.' 

The feint scent of metallic liquid flowed through arid desert air causing (Y/N)'s nose to scrunched up slightly at the sudden scent change, but the scent wasn't the most horrific sense that was being bombarded at the moment.

The origin of the smell was the field of Faunus corpses that covered the surrounding sand in crimson blood, creating an odd substance of thick coagulated dark red sand that couldn't be lifted with the passing breeze. 

At a quick glance Fang surmised that there was about twenty of the corpses, the number being only an estimate because of the numerous dismembered limbs that couldn't clearly be assigned to any single person, and once he closed the distance between himself and the deadly battle aftermath he noticed that each of the corpses looked to be some sort of moderately armored Faunus.

There wasn't much else to analyze from the situation, (Y/N) assumed that a skirmish happened outside of the camp and they were subsequently dealt with, but because of the lack of emergency within the White Fang he figured the battle took place at least a day ago. 

Though from the armory of the corpses, seeing how the other Tribesman were outfitted, and the fact that the elder that was supposed to arrive at the camp wasn't there he figured that the leader of the DFA had something to do with it.

However, speculation wasn't entirely necessary as Fang and the group of Faunus led by the Lieutenant were rapidly approaching each other, and seeing as Nia wasn't present, he figured he needed to speak with him to get the gist of the situation. "Where are Adam and the others? What happened while I was gone?" Wasting no time at all, Fang opened the conversation with his objective.

The large Grimm masked man paused for a moment, looking up towards the sky as if the answers to the questions were written in the stars. It didn't take him very long to compose his thoughts on the situation in his mind, and once he was finished, he responded as concisely as he could manage. 

"The DFA attacked and the Leader along with your people went to chase him down. That's all I know. We didn't take much damage because of the Leader and your people helping with defense against the camp, but while the fight was going on the Elder escaped with a partner of his."

As Fang listened to Lieutenants explanation, he was able to get a vague idea of the situation, but more than anything he learned where they were probably going. 

However, once he learned that Adam took off, leaving the camp essentially leaderless in the middle of a deadlock, he knew that what he learned couldn't be the whole story.

Though he didn't have a very specified idea of what occurred when they attacked, or even why they attacked, (Y/N) wasn't in the mood to learn everything about the situation. 

All he needed were the essentials so he could sprint off into the desert once more to support his lovers and ensure their safety. "Then what orders were you given before they all took off?"

Once Fang asked the question the Lieutenant tilted his head in confusion, unconsciously verbalizing his thoughts with, "orders? I didn't get any orders. Adam just took off the moment all these traitors were dealt with. By the way we did try to take prisoners, but he offed himself before anything was asked. The only orders we got was from one of the people you came here with, the one with the bow. She just said to defend the place and keep a look out for any more attacks from any other tribes."

(Y/N)'s ears were twitchy along with his tails, the duo of Faunus traits reacting as if they were being approached by an imposing unseen threat, but he tried his best to ignore the odd sensations to ask one final question. "Then what happened with Anaya?"

The Chainsaw wielding Lieutenant opened his mouth to respond as if the answer was obvious, but before the words escaped, he paused and closed his mouth once more. 

Lieutenant looked up to the sky once more, this time for a bit longer than before, and once he was finished thinking he just shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Think she just left with the rest of them, probably."

The large Faunus man's uncertainty made (Y/N) grit his fanged teeth. "You fuckin think?" he growled out the question aggressively through his teeth, shooting an unintentional glare at the Lieutenant through the blinds of his Mask. 

The deep rumbling voice of the legendary Faunus made the large Faunus man flinch back slightly, not knowing whether to respond to the question or wait for his beating. 

All he managed to respond with was a nervous shoulder shrug. "Ugggrraahahhhh!!!" Fang suddenly used all of his strength to tense every muscle in his body and let out an ear shattering roar that somehow managed to echo in the seemingly infinite desert.

As he shouted his lungs raw he could feel as all of his Faunus traits suddenly went out of control: his horns began branching out like deer antlers, the fangs in his mouth grew long enough to stab into his own gums, his vision became blurry as his pupils shifted into numerous different shapes and types, and his ears and tails did much the same, shifting into different types, growing much larger than they should've been. 

Fang's roar radiated throughout the entirety of the White Fang camp, shaking all of the Faunus too there cores as they were frozen in fear and admiration from the legends outburst.

Although his appearance covered the changes made to his body, the sensation of having a powerful Faunus presence in the area wasn't one that many could miss. 

The outburst was short, loud and powerful, but incredibly short, and once Fang's vocal cords were relieved of their extraneous activity the Faunus man himself seemed entirely composed as if nothing at all had happened.

All was silent with the only sound that could be heard being the whistle of the desert winds, but even amongst the silence the sound of Fang's roar echoed in their ears. 

The entirety of the White Fang was frozen as their eyes were fixed on the figure before them, the supposed savior of the Faunus people. 

They all watched as the suddenly perfectly calm, cool, composed, and collected man whisper something underneath his breath before a sudden swirling wind surrounded him and he disappeared leaving a loud BOOM in his wake.

It took a while for the Faunus in Fang's immediate surroundings to recover from the experience of hearing him roar and seeing him practically disappear with extreme speed. "Wow" the Lieutenant said to himself. "That was amazing." 

After the Lieutenant regained control of himself and got over the awe of seeing Fang's full presence in action, he quickly began reorganizing his group to continue collecting personal belongings of the DFA warriors that fell in battle and giving them a proper burial.

As he and his subordinates continued their task, the Lieutenant heard the rapid pitter patter of someone running quickly across the desert sand, rapidly closing the distance between himself and them. 

Once he looked over to see the cause of the sound, he was quickly greeted with the frantic expression of a woman whom he knew very well. "Oh, Nia, what's up?"

The bunny girl slowly came to a stop in front of the large Faunus man, breathing heavily as she did so. "Wha- what happened?" she asked between breaths.

"What happened? What do you mean?"

Nia finished catching her breath and quickly replied, "with Fang! What happened with Fang?!? We heard him yell from the other side of the damn camp!"

"Oh that," he said with sudden burst of excitement, "yeah he came around asking about where Leader and all them went..." Nia paused and waited for Saw to continue, but the longer she waited the longer the silence rang.

"That's all?!?!" she erupted.

Saw looked at her with a tad bit of confusion, "that's what happened though. What else do I gotta mention?"

"The roar! The scream shout thing! How'd it happen!"

"Oh that. He asked something about where the other Chief was, you know the girl that Leader is always with. After I told him I didn't know, and I thought that she probably went with them he did the hype shout thing. It was cool, you should've been here." As she finished listening to her partners explanation, her face was ghastly, looking as if her soul had been relinquished from her body.

However, once Nia's soul reentered her body the shock turned to aggression, and she reeled her fist back and slammed it against the Lieutenant's chest. "Idiot!" 

After the first fist landed she quickly followed with the next, and then alternated to the other first once more all while yelling, "Dumbass! Stupid! Imbecile! Moron! Dope! Brainless!"

Saw took each of the hits like they were coming from a toddler rather than a more than competent Faunus woman. "What'd I do?"

Once he asked the question Nia stopped assailing him for a moment, instead she motioned for him to come down to her level so she could whisper into his ear. Lieutenant obliged his bunny girl partner and squatted down to her height, putting his ear near to her lips so she could relay the information. 

In a small, meager, and quiet tone Nia began with, "well, you see, Chief Anaya didn't go along with Adam and the other colors."

"What, really?" he asked loudly.

"Shhhh."

"Oh, sorry" he replied after being shushed by the woman.

Nia rolled her eyes before continuing with, "yeah really."

Looking from his right to his left the Lieutenant found that the coast was clear for him to whisper ask an essential question. "Why?"

As she prepared to give him the answer, Nia motioned him even closer to herself, putting the duo close enough that the bunny girl's lips were lightly pressed up against his earhole. "... she didn't go with them because..." after inhaling a deep breath she continued with, "SHE WAS FUCKING KIDNAPPED YOU FUCKIN DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Nia's high pitched scream was more than loud enough to get the ears of every surrounding member of the White Fang ringing, temporarily deafening those in the immediate vicinity.

However, Saw only turned to face the woman with a confused expression, "really?"

"Yeah!" Nia shouted at him. "Didn't you see that scorpion fucker throw her on the back of the horse!"

Saw's eyes widened, "that makes so much more sense! I thought it was weird that he came in without any on him, but left with a whole body bag."

Nia was about to erupt again but she found that she couldn't do it anymore, instead she just sighed loudly. "You're an idiot" she said matter of factly. "Why did you think Adam was so pissed, cutting the traitors up left and right without care? Did you think he just really didn't like them in particular or something?"

The Lieutenant paused to think about it for a moment before replying, "I didn't think about it at the time, but now that you mention it he was really focused on disarming them to run passed them. I don't think that bleeding out is a painless death... but then again, I've never had one of my arms cut off before."

Nia only rolled her eyes lightly at her partners lack of thought process , "Yeah, you've got to try to start using your brain a bit more, because now Fang is worse off."

"Oh... whoops." After the comment, the Lieutenant and Nia sat around on the rapidly cooling sand for a while, silently taking in the situation. 

It was quiet until Saw spoke up nervously, though from his tone anyone, but Nia would've believed it was the same monotone emotionless voice he always spoke in. "Do you think Fang will find that out?"

Nia exhaled slowly, "maybe. But then again Leader is there as well so they'll probably be fine either way."

"Mhm" he hummed to himself, but then asking, "Why did they take her then?"

"I don't know. If you care so much figure it out your damn self. We need to focus on protecting and running the White Fang, so we don't have time to worry about the safety of a Tribeswoman. The White Fang comes first" she said as she rose from the sand, brushing its grains off her butt as she did so. 

"Come on," Nia stretched her hands out, assisting the large Faunus man as he rose to his feet, "let's try to secure transport while Leader's busy saving his girlfriend. You can leave the burying to somebody else."

"Okay" the large Faunus replied. Although he followed swiftly behind his bunny partner, his mind was focused on the direction that Fang ran off in. "Godspeed" he thought in a silent prayer, wishing the man and everyone else on the expedition fast travels and safety as they fought for their lives.

Please Follow me on Twitch and Pull up to the stream whenever I'm live! I'd love to talk with each of you and answer any questions you have about the story, or me in particular!

P.S.S.S.S https://www.twitch.tv/nentai_ | or just search Nentai_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 687 16
The White knight of Ice and the Red knight of flame, are known to be Immortal beings and the strongest huntsmen on Remnant, said to be even stronger...
47.2K 773 18
Y/N L/N was an average young man whose normal life drastically changed when he woke up in the middle of the woods, not knowing how he got there. Thin...
8.5K 103 11
Y/n, a name no one has ever heard of, but they'll soon know it. For he will be known as the Batshit Hunter. A man who shows no fear, rushing into bat...
32.8K 649 84
Male Reader x Team RWBY x Fiona Thyme. Remnant is a lively world composed of four kingdoms that are full of mysteries. Out of every Huntsman or Huntr...