In the middle of it all

By adailyreader

At the age of 10, Belladonna and her closest friends Keshawn and Renee managed to escape their orphanage. The... More

Prologue
Present day | Annie the Orphan
July 17 '52 | 1
July 17 '52 | 2
July 18 '52
July 19 '52
Present day | The recruit
September 22nd '52
Present Day | Xavier
Present day | The ceremony
October 25th '52
Present Day | A renovation
May 7th '54
Present Day | The Donor
Present Day | New Place
September 9th '55
October 19th '55
June 6th '56
June 26th '56
July 10th '56
December 31st '56
May 28th '58
June 5th '58
June 23rd '58
October 11th '58
Gang Massacre | 1
Gang Massacre | 2
Gang Massacre | 3
The end of the massacre
October 12th '58
October 31th '58
Present Day | A Weird Feeling | 1
November 5th '58
November 6th '58
November 10th '58
Present Day | A weird Feeling | 2
April 14th '59
May 8th '59
June 5th '59
Present Day | A Passion
June 7th '59
June 8th '59
Present Day | A Second Encounter
A Closure
A Date
A Killer Trio
A Kid Napping
A Good Night
A person like you
A Lie
The News
The Letter
The Case | 1
A Call
The Case | 2
Tanisha Jackson
Diego
The End of A Gang
Something in the middle of it all
Characters | 1
Characters | 2
Characters | 3
Characters | 4
Characters | 5
Characters | 6

July 16th '56

29 2 0
By adailyreader

Isabel came back the following day. We thought she had actually decided to live with Harry Griffiths or that he had kidnapped her. Seeing her come back in the gray Lexus was a relief for us all, Blu especially.

"Why'd you spend the night with him ?" questions Diego as he searches in Isabel's bag. "Where's the glock ? Why didn't you bring it with you ?" He drops the bag on couches and fixates her with narrowing eyes.

"He wanted to show me his place. He wants me to live with him..."

"Oh..." the strictness of his face fades away. Isabel gets in front of the couch's back, placing her hands on it while facing him . "Did you like his crib ?" adds Diego.

"It's tight, yeah." she nods her head lightly.

"What are you thinking of doing now ?" he asks. She fiercely looks into space before walking up to him and whispering something into his ear. Right away, they both leave the Silvers's premises.

***

They came back late that evening and discreetly went into their personal rooms. Opening her room door, Isabel almost let out a shout as she saw Kyle inside it. Her back glued to the door, she eyed him sourly. "The fuck you're doin' here Link ?" says Isabel.

He stays silent, analyzing her right hand who was holding a glock. Noticing his stare, Izzy hides the gun behind her back. "Why do you have that with you ?" he asked.

"I was out with Diego, you need to carry it around with you. Get out !"

"I'm not stupid..."

"Get out or I'll fucking scream, you weirdo."

He rolled his eyes at her attempt to threaten him. He advances towards her, placing his feet against hers, and blocks her mouth with his left palm. With his right hand, he flipped the switch, turning off the light in the room. There still was a bit of illumination that shone through from the half-ly closed curtains.

"Don't cry wolf. I'm no wolf Izzy." he whispered, leaning closer to her face. Lowering his palm, his eyes shift down to her lips before going back up to her widened eyes. "Get away from guns..." he adds as he moves her away from the door. "That's all I wanted to say..." he says, leaving the room.

The following morning, Harry Griffiths came over to the crib. Once again he did not bother to greet any Silver member and waited for his daughter to come out in front of the house. He was stiffly leaning against the large dark gate, crossing his arms, quietly eyeing the people around him.

"Did you wait long ?" asks Isabel, walking out of the house. Harry uncrosses his arms and hugs her tightly, still eyeing the people around.

"Why'd you make me come here without my car ?" he asks.

"You did so much for me so I thought I could do something for you." She turns around and with her hands, she shows a vehicle that's parked behind. "I got you a car !"

"What- How ?" exclaims Harry, directing himself to the white Audi A3.

"Do you want to take a ride in it ?" Isabel asks.

"Of course !"

"Where y'all going ?" asks Blu as he walks out of the house. He looked like he had just woken up. He was wearing a black tank top with blue pajama bottoms and had his right hand in his pocket while his left hand was holding a cigarette.

"You shouldn't smoke this early in the morning–Or in general." nagged Isabel. Diego yawned and threw the blunt on the ground.

"So ?" He asked, looking at Harry as he squished the tip of the cigarette with his foot.

"I'm taking my daughter out." answers Harry brightly. Diego's eyes shift to Izzy. He then walks down the little three steps in front of the house and passes by Harry, purposely bumping into his shoulder. He opens the door by the large gate and walks out. Harry scoffs as he places his hand on the area he got bumped in.

"Wanna leave now ?" suggests Isabel.

"Might as well."

"Can I choose where we're going today ?" Isabel asks as she skips next to her father.

Harry nods in agreement. "Where exactly is it ?" He asks as they get into the car.

"It's a bit outside the city, I'm sorry. I read about a certain flower and I've always wanted to experience the joy of running into a field filled with them with someone. They bloom from late spring to early summer so I have to see them before it's too late. They say it's one of the most beautiful fields of Carnation flowers. They are different colors of carnation but this field is filled with yellow ones so I'd like to bring back one..."

"Do they have a meaning ?" She stays silent. Her eyes avoid those of her fathers. "Bel ?" 

"They're bright yellow so I'm assuming they mean joy." responds Isabel, looking out of the window. The drive lasted around 40 minutes. Izzy spent most of that time quietly, listening to her father sing along to each and every song that came on. The songs were atrocious but his appealing voice helped her not rip her ears off.

"We're here..." He says. He parked nearby the field and got out of the vehicle. As he was about to lock up the car, he noticed that his daughter was not out yet. She had fallen asleep and was leaning her head against the window. She had a peaceful look on her. Harry caressed her head, gave her a peck on the forehead, and gently shook her shoulder to wake her. "We're here Bel..." he repeated as she slowly opened one eye. She stretched her arms widely and got off the Audi. They began walking in the field, taking pictures and talking. "You should move in with me. What do you say ?" says Harry.

"Isn't it beautiful ?" Isabel lowers herself and takes a close-up picture of one of the yellow flowers.

"It is but Bel... I want to know your answer."He stopped walking and spoke with a serene tone.

"I've made my decision. Can we just enjoy the scenery for a moment ?" Harry sighs at her response. They continue walking in the depths of the field.

"Bel." He grabs the wrist of his daughter. " I can't go on if I don't know your answer. Have you considered living with me ?"

"I don't want to."

"What? Why not ?"

"Also I don't like the name 'Bel."

"But you said, you didn't want me to call you Iz because you preferred Bel.."

Isabel pulls out from under her dress an HK VP9. She had placed it in the left pocket of her shorts. She raises her hands holding the weapon. "I didn't want you to call me by the same name the people I love, call me by."

"You never..?" His voice cracks. He gets closer to Isabel, water piling up in his eye. "Isabel, you've never even once loved me ?"

"How can I love you? I don't know you. " She pulls back the slide of her glock and places her index on the trigger.

"Let me make it up to you. Whatever you want, just don't do this."

"Bring my mother back."

"Isabel.."

"Bring her back !"

"I can't..."

Isabel lowers her arm that's holding the handgun. She slowly squats down, covering her eyes with the bottom of her palms. "You said you'd make it up to me... You said it could be whatever I wanted." she sobs loudly. Harry gets down to her level and wraps his arms around her.

"I would bring her back... I just don't think it's possible." he confesses as her arms drop from her teary face. They get up, still attached to each other. "It's okay..." he adds softly, caressing the back of her head. "Don't cry..." 

In that same instant, Isabel raises her arms out from the inside of his arms, forming a full circle. Her arms re-enter his' from under, pushing his arms aside. She lays the tip of the gun in between Harry's eyes and without letting him get a second to react, she fires a shot. As he falls back, another. Blood splatters around her, on the flowers, out of the dead man, and on her face and dress. "I did have an advantage, just not the one you meant. One for you, one for mom. May y'all rest in pain." She takes out the car keys from Harry's pockets, turns her back from the corpse, picks up one of the yellow flowers, and walks out of the field.

Unlocking the car, Isabel goes to the passenger's seat and takes out cash she had stolen at Harry's place, from the glove compartment. She then walks to the closest convenience store and cleans herself up before ordering a taxi back to Silvers crib.

"Where's your father ?" Asks Diego as Isabel sat in a chair. They were on the other side of the house accompanied by Ace, Asad, Neesa, Sky, Shigeru, Nate, Keemo, Jordan, Rayan, Kyle, and Jessie. Quannell, Tanisha, Tyrell, Denzel, Kelv, and I were also there.

"He left me once again." shrugs Isabel.

"What'd I say ? What did I say about this man that wasn't true ?" comments Diego, making big gestures with his arms.

"I'm sorry..." says Rayan.

"I grew up thinking he was dead, might as well continue thinking that." adds Isabel.

Jessie walks up to her and places her hand on Izzy's shoulder. "Wanna talk 'bout it ?" she suggests. Isabel gets up from her chair and the two girls walk into the house.

"I'm out." declares Diego. He marches back inside before leaving through the gate door on the other side of the premises.

"It's the second time he goes out like that today... Are y'all not finding this weird ?" whispers Aneesa to Nate, Kyle, and me. The guys shrug.

"Is it weird ?" I responded. We remained at the crib for 3 following hours before going our separate ways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 28 24
The adventures of 2 teenage boys that live in Karemeon Street in the continent on Coolestrie, these boys had to deal with all kinds of obstacles, but...
4.6K 245 12
"Passion's a word which involves so many feelings. I feel it when we touch; I feel it when we kiss; I feel it when I look at you. For you are my pass...
122K 5.5K 36
growing up and growing apart sometimes people who really love you have to leave you for your own good and it's okay to grow apart holding on to thi...
12.5K 715 95
Character award winner 2017 #14 in death and life #1 in fatality 20-5-18 Katrina Montana Third place Protagonist Karly Montana First Place Antagoni...