Moonlight's Guidance

By MehFuckIt

To be quite frank, it was tiring. The dream, then Lothric, then whatever the fuck was happening in The Lands... More

Prologue: Moonlight Doesn't Lie
Prologue: Blue Grace
Prologue: God Giveth, I Taketh
BIO: Enter Y/n L/n
CH1: Ah Shit, Here We Go Again
CH2: It Was Just a Prank
CH3: An Aspiring Gangstar
CH4: Dark Nights, Bright Lights
CH5: Mamaimmacrimidal
CH6: An Ugly Duckling
CH7: Flightless Birds
CH8: A Mother's Strength
CH9: Racial Catalyst
CH10: The Training Arc
HOLY SHIT
CH11: A Wake Up Call
CH12: Learning to Fly
CH13: Unmasked
CH14: The L O R E
Slight Update
CH15: Two Edge Lords, an Ice Cream, and a Mexican Walk Into a Bar
CH16: To Forge a God-Slaying Armament
CH17: The Burning Maiden
CH18: Confidence's Consequence
BIO: Enter Adam Taurus
Just a quick explanation
BIO: Enter Cardin Winchester
CH19: Color Heist
CH20: The Cliffside Tower
CH22: Wait a Minute, You're Underage
CH23: Plenty of Space in Space
CH24: Is That a Dagger in Your Sleeve, Or Are You Just Happy to See Me?
CH25: Preamble to a Dick Flattening
CH26: Where We Dropping
CH27: White Snow and Red Roses
CH28: Visitors, or Lack Thereof
CH29: The Gang's All Here
CH30: The Ruins
Christmas Special
CH31: RWBY, JNPR, and... What?
CH32: Because Mental Stability Was Never an Option
CH33: The Schedule for Gifted Murder Machines
CH34: A Patch in Reality
CH35: What Makes a Huntsman?
CH36: RWBY's Dysfunctionality
100k
CH37: When a Bull See's Red
CH38: Coffee?
CH39: Forever Fall
CH40: Favoritism
CH41: Perry? No, Parry
CH42: Ice, Ice Baby
CH2001: It Was Asked of Me, I Must Deliver
CH43: How Many Torches Can a Torchwick Wick?
CH44: Ze Dock
CH45: Dropping Dusty Depot
CH46: Red vs Blue
CH47: Black Ribbon
CH48: Unrelenting Hatred
CH49: Over the Top
CH50: Aftermath
CH51: Recovery
CH52: Catching Up
CH53: Moonlit Dance
CH54: The Chapter with the Drunk Guy
CH55: Iron Fist
Proof of Humanity - Lies of P

CH21: M I D

2.5K 98 143
By MehFuckIt

Turns out, Weiss and Cardin had more in common than they originally thought. They both were subjected to status judgement, both have terrible father's, the health of their mother's is even worse, and they both liked chicken tenders.

Cardin: How'd you break away from Atlas?

They were currently walking towards the massive tower in the hopes that it was the auditorium.

Weiss: Technically, I haven't. My father has the legal right to ship me back. At most, I have fleeting freedom.

Cardin: Better than wasting away in a manor.

The snowflake suddenly felt guilt that she had yet to ask about how Cardin had been affected by the change. Apparently, he saw right through her, because he slightly scowled.

Cardin: Refrain from pitying me. I thought you of all people would understand that.

A direct slap in the face to Weiss. In a way, she enjoyed that for once, someone was insulting her. Of course, she wouldn't let that show.

Weiss: It wasn't pity.

Cardin: I've seen that look from a dozen other people, don't try to play it off.

Weiss: Okay, fine!

They walked in silence for a few minutes. Cardin clearly had his mood soured. Was he that hopeful that she would understand? Though, it makes sense, Weiss was the only one that understood his life. In fact, they were practically the same person, except Weiss was lucky enough not to get her ass beat at school her entire life. He seemed to have no intention to pick the conversation back up, so she decided to do it herself.

Weiss: What's it like living normally?

Cardin: ...It's nice. I live in an apartment near the Vale Hospital so that I can see my mom easier. The solitude is comforting once you're used to it.

Weiss: And you're no longer being forced to dress well.

Cardin: Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

Weiss: Pfff, you look like you stumbled onto the wrong bullhead. I'm pretty sure the flight to Southern Patch was a few hours earlier.

Cardin: Oh, ha ha, you're just jealous that you have to dress up. You're even matching with that abomination of a rapier.

Weiss: There is nothing wrong with my rapier!

Cardin: It's name, the fact that it has a cylinder hilt, and... the color.

Weiss: It's name is German, there's nothing wrong with dust modifications, and what does the color have to do with anything?

Cardin: It doesn't, you just wear too much white.

Weiss: I look good.

Cardin: Mhm.

She rolled her eyes.

Weiss: And what about that entire anvil on your back? Seriously, that's a war crime and a half.

Cardin: I'm completely aware.

Weiss: Wait I was being dramatic, is it actually illegal-?

Cardin: Oh look, we're here.

The auditorium was at the base of the massive tower. Three groups were spread out into left, middle, and right groups. The left was examinees, the middle was second years, and the right was third years. The examinees consisted of about 30 people. Cardin could only recognize the ones that looks interesting.

An edgelord that comes from the 1700s, that girl that looks like the ice cream that every Mexican mom has in her freezer, a ginger, an Asian shemale, the conspiracy theorist, and Pyrrha Nikos, who was well known as a champion from Mistral.

'Why's she here in Vale?'

Oh, and also Yang, who jumped up and waved down Cardin.

Yang: HEY SWORD GUY!

Everyone turned to Cardin, the supposed "Sword Guy". He turned to Weiss for help, but she had retreated to the examinee section and was now watching him with a smile on her face. Now mildly annoyed, Cardin walked over to Yang in absolute silence, because the entire auditorium stopped talking to look at his weapons. There were a few whispers among the third years though.

???: I need that fucking sword!

???2: Yatsu!

???3: Let him be Velv.

???4: What sword...? Oh...

Cardin recognized the second voice, though he didn't know where from. Cardin was quite annoyed, but for some reason, he felt like it wasn't from Yang's Yangyness. He stopped right between her and the edgelord.

Edgelord: If it helps at all, that's a kickass sword.

Cardin glanced behind and saw the beautiful silver greatsword slung across his back.

Cardin: Your's looks good too.

He nodded and turned went back to his one sided conversation with the ice cream girl. Cardin, still not finished with Yang, immediately scolded her.

Cardin: Once again, Sword Guy?!

Yang: That's your name, dude.

Cardin: No it isn't!

Yang: Then why didn't you correct me back at the bullhead?

Cardin: That doesn't matter!

Yang: Too bad, your name is Sword Guy Winchester.

Cardin: You can't just rename me!

Yang: Just did.

Cardin: No!

Yang: Yes.

Cardin: No!

Yang: Ruby's here.

Cardin: What?

She pointed to the entrance to the auditorium and saw a very out of breath blonde guy and Ruby. Yang waved her over and she immediately ditched the blonde guy, who reached out to her, but was promptly ignored.

'I feel like I should hate that guy for no reason.'

Cardin, who was now used to hating people for no reason, shrugged it off as him having a punchable face. Ruby walked over to them with a conflicted face.

Yang: You okay Rubes?

Ruby: Good news, I spoke to someone.

Cardin: There's a bad news, isn't there?

Ruby: Not really. He just seems... weird. Not a bad weird, just weird.

Cardin: I did get irrationally pissed off when I saw him.

Ruby: I got that too!

Cardin: Punchable face?

Ruby: He has a pure heart. I was thinking of harvesting it.

Yang: You really should stop talking about harvesting-

Ruby: *gasp* YOU!

Her eyes were wide from excitement and staring right at the edgelord from earlier.

Edgelord: FUCK!

Cardin: You two know each other?

Edgelord: NO, WE DONT!

The sudden outburst had gained the attention of his ice cream friend. She didn't speak, merely giggled and raised an eyebrow at her partner.

Ruby: I never forget a weapon!

Edgelord: What weapon?!

He rapidly nudged his friend. She suddenly understood and his sword disappeared, but it was too late. Ruby was excited, and nothing could stop it.

Ruby: So tell me, did you ever meet our Lord?!

Yang: Am I missing something?

Edgelord: No you're not!

Ruby: He recognized the chant of Satan!

His friend now too had a look of horror and confusion.

Edgelord: I was being sarcastic, I didn't think you were actually summoning the devil!

Ruby: Oh, it's fine sir! You don't need to be ashamed of it, these two are also honorary members!

Yang/Cardin: WHAT!

Ruby: (Whisper) Shut up guys I'm trying to sell this!

She turned to the edgelord.

Ruby: Did you ever find the finger of a 9/11 survivor?

Edgelord: No!

Ruby: I have spares!

Edgelord: Just leave me alone!

He switched spots with ice cream girl.

Ruby: I'll convert you, I swear it!

Before Ruby could cause more chaos, the lights above them dimmed and spotlight was set on the stage. Gasps and whispers could he heard among the crowd of students. This was it. The big speech from Headmaster Ozpin!

*Tap*

*Tap*

*Tap*

The sound echoed throughout the stage, getting ever closer to the center where the spotlight lies. Newcomers were practically seething with excitement for the big introduction.

*Sipppppppppppp*

...

*Gulp*

...

Ozpin: Ahhh...

...

...

...

Edgelord: Is he drinking coffee?

The man grinned and pointed to the victorian vigilante. Actually, no, that doesn't work. He's just a straight up criminal.

Ozpin: Coco, dear friend. Who might you be...?

An overhead light was casted upon him from seemingly nowhere. He covered his eyes and slowly adjusted to the sudden burst of brightness. He grimaced, his words audibly grumpy at his eyes' annoyance

Edgelord: Y/n L/n, sir.

Ozpin: I don't remember your name on paper. A public examinee, I suppose?

Y/n: Yep.

Ozpin: Hm. Interesting.

The light suddenly moved away just as quickly as it had been shoved into Y/n's face.

Ozpin: Well, I believe an introductory speech is in order.

*Clears throat*

...

...

...

Ozpin: All of you motherfuckers suck.

The silence was louder than an air raid siren.

Ozpin: All that hard work that went into preparing yourself? Forged about it. This isn't Signal or whatever cushy dojo you want to for training. This is no highschool, it is a goddamn university. Your weapons, are mid!

*Gasps*

Ozpin: Your aura levels? Mid!

???: Oh my God!

???: You need to leave!

???: But I thought I did good...

Ozpin: Your reaction times?!

He tipped his mug over the edge of the stage and onto examinee that was unfortunate enough to get there first. Unfortunately, just as Ozpin declared, their reaction time was-

Ozpin: M I D!

He paused, letting the silence be interrupted by the cries of the poor soul that now was stained with hot chocolate.

Ozpin: When I look at this batch of examinees, I see wasted potential. I see victims of a council that was too big of a pushover to assign minor huntsmen academies rigorous training. You all seem to think that attending a minor academy makes you prepared. It doesn't. So when you walk these halls, ponder what it means to be a student of Beacon Academy, and when you realize how overwhelmingly mediocre you are, then you'll be ready to start anew among the greats of this academy. That is all.

He took a sip of coco and left the stage without a care in the world. Footsteps approached and a blonde witch milf stepped into the light with a tablet I hand. Glynda Goodwitch. A hologram of her was on the bullhead.

Goodwitch: The initiation will be tomorrow morning. Examinees will all be sleeping in the auditorium. The rest of you know where your dorms are. Dismissed!

The room cleared of second and third years and everyone began unpacking blankets and pillows to sleep with. Fortunately, the broke one's had sleeping bags waiting for them at the edge of the stage.

-Timeskip-

Y/n's POV:

Well that was a fucking experience. Never thought that a headmaster would have so much pent up aggression, or maybe he's just that angry. Guess there's also the option that it was an act for intimidation, but I think the angry ones funnier.

...

Seriously though, I don't like him. Moonlight was on alert the entire time when the light was shun on me. It was like he was sizing me up. Analyzing me. It was like he knew who the hell I was. That doesn't just happen to someone like me. I was... intimidated by him. I don't like that feeling. Who the hell is that guy?

Yes, naturally leader are intimidating, but this was different. He seemed like Cinder. Like he was magical. But his was upped by 100, and he could hide it well. I didn't even further analyze the man until Moonlight went on the defensive. He was subtle enough to slip by my senses.

But the magical part... It seemed... Dormant. Cinder's was hungry. Incomplete. This guy's magic seemed to be held back or sedated. Maybe he was forcing his power down, but why would he? No one from Remnant can sense magic... Unless...

Unless he knew I was Ludwig and was trying to bait me out.

No, that's ridiculous. If Roman can't find shit on me, then this guy sure as hell can't. So if it's not that he's aware, then it's something about his magic that's weird. Sedated... No. Dormant. His magic was sentient, but it seemed to be in a deep slumber.

'Moonlight?'

A low hum resonated in my ears. Moonlight was just as stumped as me on the matter, but a voice was drowned in the sea of noise. The voice of a quiet, calm man.

'Pl...si....ax...'

What was that?

...

No response. Well, no direct response from that man's voice. Moonlight was never unresponsive or silent, unless I requested it be, which I hardly ever do. I've become accustomed to the constant white noise of whispers in my head. Some would call me insane, others schizophrenic, but I like to call myself both.

Either way, Headmaster Ozpin should be monitored closely and be proceeded with caution. I'll lay as low as possible until Cinder gives me a direct order. Fortunately, I never intended to make friends here anyway.

A faint tapping noise was made in front of me. I looked up and was greeted by Neo, who had a nervous smile on her face. I immediately raised an eyebrow.

Y/n: What's wrong?

'Nothing! It's just...'

She moved her arms away from her back and revealed a singular sleeping bag.

'They ran out of bags...'

Y/n: That's it? I was almost worried.

'Heh? We don't have a second!'

Y/n: I'll sleep on the floor. My coat is rather comfortable.

'You already know my answer to that.'

Y/n: *sigh* What then?

'Well, it conveniently happens to be an XXL in size...'

She glanced at a darkened corner of the auditorium.

Not a fuckin word.

She mutely meeped.

Y/n: You're proposing we sleep together?

She raised her hands defensively, her face slightly pinker now.

'No!'

I smirked.

'Yes...'

Y/n: Deal, I'll set up the bag. Just give me a second to undress.

I unbuttoned my hunter's robes and let them fall to the ground. I always wore underclothes, but Moonlight had advised me to wear pajamas underneath, so I had comfortable sweats and a t-shirt. How did it know? Don't ask. Though, the shirt was a little too tight. I can't imagine sleeping in this.

Eh, fuck it.

I took my shirt off, revealing a few scars, but not a shit ton. Seriously, most people think that scars pile up like crazy, but they really don't. My skin just has a little stretchy patch where the skin was healed. Well, not stretchy, it's weird. Point is, I like to keep myself in good condition, or rather, I did like to. Now that I'm human, I have no unnatural means of healing, thus I've been gaining in scars from heists and training.

And not to be that guy, but I pride myself on being toned as shit. Zyzz has a damn legacy and I will be the fucker that upholds it. Obviously, I've been fit ever since I was contracted into the Hunters and was put through hell every day, but I do enjoy working out in my free time as well. This was clearly shown, as Neo started clenching her nose with an idiotic grin on her face.

Y/n: Geez man, go to the restroom if you're going to get a nosebleed.

She flipped me off with her free hand and fled to the restroom. Once she left, I grabbed my coat and walked outside into the darkness of the yard. It was abnormal. With the lack of Moonlight, the area seemed like that of a modern day horror game. It was still bright enough to see things though.

I walked out to a bench that was sat at the edge of the garden. It was facing the cliff and I could see the party lights of Central Vale from all the way over here. It was quite the spectacle from this far away. Like popcorn kernels of light, all popping at once to make a tiny yet potent firework.

But, as much as I love the view, I came out here for a reason. I unsheathed Moonlight and set it down next to me on the bench. In my coat pocket was the pendant I had nabbed at the rich people party. What a fun heist that was. I clenched the crescent moon in my hand, as if it were somehow a fragment of Ranni herself. It was stupid. She had no connection to the necklace, and yet, I can't help but feel comforted by it.

'Ranni?'

I waited for a moment. Then a minute. Then two. Then three. My palms began to draw blood by how much I was gripping the pendant. You think she'll notice the droplets of red? Nevermind, after a few minutes, I had began to lose hope that Ranni would talk to me. Maybe that favor for our first heist was her parting gift. I stood up from the bench and reached for Moonlight, who gave me a low apologetic buzz out of pity. However, a new voice rung in my ears.

'Y/n? Y/N?!'

I immediately let out a sigh and slight lauh of relief. She was here. She cared.

'I'm here!'

Her voice responded with the same warmth that she had shown me those many moons ago.

'Oh, I'm so sorry! I heard your voice but I was in the middle of doing star shit. There was this meteor about to hit the Lands Between and destroy Liurnia. I'm not fond of it, but it is my mother's home, and you know how that is.'

'It's alright, Ranni. It's good that you're adjusting to being a goddess.'

'I'm not a goddess.'

'You sure? You and you alone manage the stars above. If you desired, you could end entire civilizations with a meteor or bless them with the knowledge of mages. You seem rather god-like to me.'

'Flattery already? I expected you to come on to me subtly.'

'Oh, ha ha. Actually, speaking of flattery, can you receive items from me? Is there a way for me to send things to you?'

'Sacrifices would work.'

'Sacrifices? You sure you're not a goddess?'

'Shut up.'

'Fine, how do I perform this sacrifice?'

'Well you could do this long process of rituals and spells, or, you could just throw whatever you have out of your planet's atmosphere.'

'What?'

'I am the ruler of the stars, anything that enters my domain is mine. Think of it like tossing me a pencil from across the room.'

'Whatever you say, just don't trick me. This is kind of a one of a kind item.'

'Ohh, I love collectables!'

I laughed, letting my body loosen up before I send a necklace into space. I stretched my arm back and sent the pendant flying into the sky. The grass around me flailed and flower petals were blown away by the force. I saw the necklace twinkle a bit in the sky, then it was gone. Truly, Team Rocket blasted off again.

'I got it! *gasp* Y/n! You shouldn't have!'

'You shouldn't have as in good or bad...?'

'Good, amazing, anything positive works! It's beautiful! I've never seen anything like it.'

'I thought it would look good on you, seeing as you own the moon gimmick to its fullest.'

'I love it...'

'I'm glad.'

'Y/n?'

'Yes, Ranni?'

'Look behind you.'

I turned and saw the luminescent blue runic sign of Ranni the Witch. It was a summoning sign, and not just any one, one that would take me over to her world. They haven't worked for me, but who's to say that won't allow me to see Ranni?

'Why don't you come up to the stars and... we can catch up a bit~'

Nothing new happened here, sorry. I figured out a way to slightly bend the rules. As I've already stated, Y/n gets dragged around world's but cannot stay in one for long. A friend of mine recommended the implementation of summoning signs in the story, and it made sense.

So, I'm allowing Y/n the use of summoning signs, but only self summoning. He cannot use his own. So Ranni can call Y/n, but Y/n can't call Ranni.

Also, I added my own little twist to Ozpin's speech. What do you think? In the show, he just calls everyone idiots with wasted potential, so I thought I would twist it to the fullest.

Oh and also, I need a poll for the harem.

Who's getting to Y/n first?

1. Ranni gets first dibs then Neo joins.

2. Neo gets first dibs then Ranni joins.

Or...

3. Both compete for Y/n over the span of like 20 chapters.

This doesn't have much implementation for the plot, so don't overthink it. It's just the order of which the harem will be formed. I assure you, nothing, and I mean nothing, will come of it. What? You think I would LIE to you guys? ABSURD!

Anyways that's kinda All. Cya.

-MehFuckIt

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 417 9
How does the story go again? Oh yes... Wolf, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Ashen One, Tarnished, or Good Hunter... burdenous titles cast upon Y...
115K 1.6K 31
You were abused by your family for what they say, you being weak and useless, the entire Xiao Long/Branwen/Rose family abused you, saw you as a waste...
389K 4.1K 33
So what happens if your secret was revealed. After the events of Fall forest Cardin tells everyone your secret. It was bad enough to be bullied but n...
93 7 5
"Your hatred is a constant reminder of every mistake I've ever made... but I can't bear it anymore. I can't stay afloat on a sea of hatred forever." ...