𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈...

By cocoz_books

Was previously named "Darius" #Book 1 in Alpha Series ≛ He was powerful He was terrifying He was huge He had... More

{Plot 1} •Chapter ♠︎ÒÑÉ
{Plot 1} •Chapter •TWÕ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ♣︎ThRÉĒ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ♤FØŪr
{Plot 1} •Chapter *Fìvè
{Plot 1} •Chapter ^SSĪX
{Plot 1} •Chapter ♧SËVËÑ
{Plot 1} •Chapter◖ĒĪGHT
{Plot 1} •Chapter ※ÑÌNË
{Plot 1} •Chapter ✥ËLÈVÈÑ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ✧TWËLVË
{Plot 1} •Chapter •THÏRTËËÑ
{Plot 1} •Chapter ⁑FØRTÉEN
{Plot 1} •Chapter ✠FÌFTÈÉN
{Plot 2}• Chapter øñè
{Plot 2}• Chapter twø
{Plot 2}• Chãptér thréè
{Plot 2}• Chapter fōūr
{Plot 2}• chapter fïvë
{Plot 2}• chaptér six
{Plot 2}• Chapter sévèn
{Plot 2}• chapter éîght
{Plot 2}• chãptèr nïne
{Plot 2}• chàptér tën
(Plot 2)• chàptêr elévēn
{Plot 2}• chàptér twélvê
{Plot 2}• chäptêr thîrtéèn
{Plot 2}• chäptēr føurtéèn
{Plot 2}• chàptêr fíftéèn
{Plot 3}• CHAPTER I
{Plot 3}• CHAPTER II
{Plot 3}• CHAPTER III
{Plot 3}• CHÃPTÉR IV
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÈR V
{Plot 3}• CHAPTÉR VI
{Plot 3}• CHAPTÈR VII
{Plot 3}• CHÅPTÉR VIII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÉR IX
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTËR X
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTËR XI
{Plot 3}• CHÃPTËR XII
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÊR XIII
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÊR XIV
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTER XV
{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÉR XVI
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTER XVII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XVIII
{Plot 3}• CHÅPTËR XIX
{Plot 3}• CHÃPTÉR XX
{Plot 3}• CHÁPTËR XXI
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPYÊR XXIII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXIV
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXV
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTËR XXVI
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTER XXVII
{Plot 3}• CHAPTÉR XXVIII
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTËR XXIX
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTËR XXX
{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXXI
SEASON FINALE!
THE EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ I
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ 2
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ 3
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~ 4
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~5
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING~6
EMPRESS IN WAITING~ 7
EMPRESS-IN-WAITING ~8

{Plot 1} •Chapter ◇TÉÑ

6.4K 172 9
By cocoz_books

𖡃𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒𖡃
/𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐝æ𝐫𝐢^𝐬 𝐥/

The evening sun had set, her bright rays sipping through the gapes of the curtains and dancing along my closed eyelids. I let my eyes open, a sigh leaving my lips.

She did not rebuke me, she gave me my gift. After so many centuries I finally found her. She fell right at my feet, the sweetest mixture of flowers and vanilla wafted up my nostrils, leaving me dazed for a second. Her scent was so strong yet so gentle it had phoenix growling with want and something I never thought I would be able to feel again. Possessiveness. She smelt so deliciously enticing it was intoxicating.

"𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐬" phoenix growled, realization snapping me out for my daze. "Claim mate, mate" he pushed, threatening to surface before I reigned him in, assuring him our mate would be going nowhere.

I let my eyes travel down her form and I felt all the air get stuck in my lungs. She was breathtaking. Dark curls framed the curve of her face, a few tendrils at the nape of her neck. Her face was flushed and pale, fear clear in her honey brown eyes. Her Cupid bow shaped lips were rosy red, a contrast to her pale skin. My jaw ticked, tightening as I tried to control myself. What she had on exposed her beautiful legs for all eyes to see. They were teasing, like a little kitten. I towered over her form effortlessly, probably intimidating her. She looked frail and almost ghost-like, the scene making my heart clench and my insides twist.

Phoenix felt it too, something wasn't right here. She began frantically fiddling with a napkin in a failed attempt to wipe off the stains that had covered my attire. Honestly I couldn't care less, the fear in her eyes had me concerned to the point where I wanted nothing more than to hold her little form in my arms and shield her from whatever she was afraid of. My wolf could feel it, the primal need to protect and be there for her. The bond was already surfacing.

I watched on slowly as her big doe eyes gazed up at me, wide and terrified. She stared at me for a moment, her nostrils flaring as she took in my scent. A crease formed between her brows and I had to resist the urge to smooth them out. Phoenix was stirring... he wanted to feel her, to have her with us. He was scared. We were scared. We finally found her and we could not afford losing her, not now. I had to calm him, taking in deep breaths to calm the swirl of emotions that were surging through my insides.
I came out of my daze, watching from the corner of my eye as Alpha Nicholas stalked forward. His face was a mix of fear and anger, his hand raised to strike my mates cheek and I snapped. She flinched, shutting her eyes tight, getting ready to be lashed.

I grabbed him by the throat, pulling his body off the ground effortlessly.
"𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞" I growled, my voice dripping with dominance and authority. Phoenix was in control of my vocals, projecting his rule over all the wolves in the room. The walls shook, the floors crumbling underneath my feet. Everyone fell to their knees, their head bowed in submission to my roar.

I wasn't pushed to the back of my mind, for the first time both Phoenix and I were in control. My claws extended, drawing crimson blood from the Alpha's neck, my dark slits directed at him with intent to kill. My canines extended, ready to rip out his throat and punish him for the audacity he had to try to hurt my mate.

I registered my mate's body going limp before her knees buckled and she fell. I dropped the Alpha, going for her. She fell into my arms, her eyelids fluttering closed, the last thing I saw was a melted pool of honey burning into my dark eyes, her pupils dilating as if taking in the memory. I gathered her body in my arms, tingles and rippling sensations burning my skin as my palms scaled her bare thighs. Phoenix growled, his arousal unmissable. Not now! I scolded him, making him whimper and retreat to the back of my mind.

He peered through as I carried our mate away from the hall up the grand flight of stairs. I heard whispers and screams from people as I maneuvered the crowd of wolves. "Take care of him" I commanded Ryker, coming face to face with my Beta.

He nodded, curls swaying "He will be dealt with your majesty" he bowed, turning on his heels to assist the guards.

I stared at her face, transfixed and spellbound by her beauty. Without taking my eyes off her I padded down the hallway, taking the sets of double stairs to my quarters. I ignored the stairs from the maids and other workers, they all dispersed once I climbed up another flight going for the special chamber. Her chambers. Pushing the double doors open I strolled in, meeting the eyes of Fayette and Ruby who took very special care of the empty chamber. They watched with curious eyes as I lay her on the bed, her small form taking up barely any room on the queen sized bed. Pulling the duvets and velvet blankets over her form I stood tall, directing my eyes to the women that stood at the other side of my mate. I could scent the curiosity nipping at Ruby from the insiguards, if I was smelling correctly. I couldn't tell, all my senses were blocked by the little kitten that lay in front of me.

"Your highness" they greeted, acknowledging me with a slight bow of their heads.

I nodded in response, accepting their greeting. I could see Ruby itching to speak but she needed permission first, speaking without it was disrespectful. "Something on your mind Ruby?" I asked, her gaze flickering away from my mate's unconscious form back to my questioning gaze.

"Oh" she breathed out, embarrassed for being caught. "It's just. Who is she, your highness?" Ruby asked, motioning to my passed out mate.

"Yes your majesty" Faye added. "You never allow anyone into this chamber. Forgive me for my boldness but why allow her? This chamber is for our queen" her eyes drifted to my mate before realisation struck. "Unless-" she trailed off, eyes beaming with joy as she looked back at me.

I let a grin break out of my lips, "Yes Fayette, Ruby" I nodded at them both. "She is the one, my queen, my mate" I acknowledged, staring down at her longingly. Pride and joy filled my heart as I acknowledged her.

"Congratulations your Highness" Ruby cheered, smiling from ear to ear.

"Heartiest congrats, you have waited for so long," a smile etched on Fayette's young face. "Her Highness is so beautiful, her pale skin is flawless" Ruby gushed

"She has dark circles under her eyes, your majesty," Faye points out, making me snap my head to stare at her face more intensely. "She looks so exhausted. What happened to her?"

"I am still unaware of that. Call the doctor, tell him to be quick" I commanded Faye. She bowed before scurrying off. I turned to Ruby, all her attention on my mate. "Please Ruby take care of her. I have something to attend to, when the doctor comes do well to let me know"

Ruby nodded, walking into the other room to get her bath ready. My gaze flickered over to her beautiful face, her red lips were pursed in a thin line, her eyelids were softly shut, long lashes fanning against her cheeks. Allowing Phoenix some satisfaction I leant down, twirling a lock of her dark curls on my finger. The smell of flowers, vanilla and oat filled my nostrils as I took in her scent. Phoenix let out an approving growl, the noise erupting from my chest. Directing my gaze to her lips I moved in closer, letting my hands trail over the curve of her face, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. Tingles burst through my fingertips, making Phoenix excited as his tail wagged. Shutting my eyes I placed a feathered kiss to her forehead, relinquishing the feel of her skin against my lips.

Pulling back I gave her one last longing look before I strudded out of the room.

By the time I had arrived at the Hall everyone had been sent home, the place pin drop silent.

Currently I registered that silence as the calm before the storm. The storm that came in tow with my current situation. Ryker had gotten some background information on the Alpha who tried to hurt Audrey. Her name tasted so sweet on my lips. He was Alpha Nicholas, current Alpha of the Silver Moon pack. As the Alpha king I possessed files and all information on every pack that ever existed. I never had a reason to go through them but it concerned my mate, I had to.

I left the Alpha to rot in the dungeons till I deemed it fit to pay attention to him, right now I had more important matters to attend to, my mate. Phoenix had other plans though, he hated the idea of letting him have some form of peace where he was. I had to assure him the Alpha would most likely die because of the deep gashes in his neck. That was enough to satisfy Phoenix for the time being. The last thing I wanted was to scare sweet Audrey...Phoenix couldn't get that...
I watched her from the door, silently taking in every detail on her face. As a wolf we had very heightened senses; smell, sight, hearing and touch.

She looked like an angel, peaceful, fragile, gentle and everything I wasn't. It was said that the moon gifted mates that could compliment you in every way, to balance the scales between you both and harmonise your bond. We were equals, no one was more powerful nor were either of us weaker... but she.. She was more powerful. I could never blame what I felt on the mate bond... never. It was more than that, more than the pull Phoenix felt towards her. The mate bond was strong, I could feel it pulsing through veins, begging me to go to her; have her in my arms, take care of her, relinquish the feel of skin on skin contact with my mate. I wanted to but I couldn't afford to scare her off. I knew how I looked in contrast to her. I was huge, calloused, sinfully adorned and scary whereas she was so little- bite size even, fragile. The little freckles that littered the bridge of her nose like the soft touch of an angel's kisses.

✴✴✴

"What!?" I exclaimed, my head snapping to the side to stare at the trembling form that stood a few feet away from me.

"Y-yes y-your highness" he confirmed, adjusting the frames that sat at the tip of his nose. "S-she passed out due to exhaustion and there is a strong choice she suffers from Vitamin deficiency" the doctor finished, making my eyes dart back to her unconscious form.

"𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐝 𝐞𝐬𝐭!" I growled, sharply rising up to my feet making the feeble doctor stumble back. "What did you say!?" I asked, my voice gravelly.

"P-please forgive me y-your highness" he squeaked out, tripping on his two left feet and falling to the ground. He stared at me with eyes wide with fear, his lips quivering with every word that spilled from his lips.

Faye came running into the room, stopping dew steps away from us once she saw what was going on. She exchanged glances from the doctor to myself. "Your highness?" She called out, drawing my dark eyes to her. "What's going on?"

Realisation made her eyes widen and she turned sharply to the doctor "come with me". He was still dazed for a second, too startled to react. "now!" She snapped.

The doctor abruptly stood, literally running out of the room with Faye in tow. I rushed over to Audrey's side, a satisfied sigh leaving my lips once I inhaled a large whiff of her delicious scent. Pulling her into my lap I buried my nose into the crook of my neck, feeling all my tensed muscles relax and Phoenix retreat. I didn't know what the doctor said nor did I want to. He must have been talking nonsense, nothing could happen to Audrey.. Nothing. The away of the door caught my attention and I snapped my head to the source of the noise, growling when my eyes landed on Ryker. My eyes shifted from their dark orbs to an even darker mythical abyss.

"Darius calm down" he said, approaching me with his hands in the air, showing he was no threat.

Phoenix didn't register him as my beta. At the moment all his attention was on his mate, our mate, Audrey. He didn't want her taken from him, he was being very possessive and quite frankly I felt the same, I was just better at channeling it in a less violent manner. Respectfully.

I watched as his eyes darted from me to my unconscious mate that was hoisted up in my arms. "Phoenix, put Audrey down" he commanded in a light tone, the underlining a little stern.

A growl tore through my chest, threatening to rip him to shreds. Phoenix didn't like being told to stay away from our mate. No wolf did.
"Mate belongs to Phoenix"

"I know I know. I won't take her from you" he assured, only now did I register how much closer he was now. "We need to talk. I want to talk to Darius. Darius" he repeated, calling out to me from the back of my mind

Phoenix had thrown me back, I watched everything through his eyes. I felt what he felt more intensely now. He felt scared, insecure... he was afraid we'd lose the gift we had just received. He wanted to protect her from harm, from anyone who wanted to cause her harm or take her away.

"No!" Phoenix growled. "Darius will take mate away" he bared his teeth as Ryker made a move forward.

"I promise I won't take Audrey from you" he spoke, coming closer. "Please let Darius back out"

Phoenix exchanged uncertain looks from Ryker to his outstretched hands. His eyes drifted to Audrey, his gaze softening as he registered her light breathing; the slow rise and fall of her chest, the fraction of her nostrils that would flare every so often. I used the chance, his moment of weakness to gain control. Forcing Phoenix back I arrived at the forefront of my mind again. Phoenix growled, baring his teeth at me menacingly.

"Sorry" I apologized to both Ryker and Phoenix, neither of them giving a reply.

Eeeekkk!
First of Darius's POV!
I'm so happy and thank you all for waiting... This week has been so hard... Your girl is exhausted but I had to drop this and I hope y'all like it✧

Tell me what you think✻
Thoughts✢
Favourite characters so far✲
Future predictions! ✺

VOTE. COMMENT AND FOLLOW! ✸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 601 42
"I could not stray my gaze away from her, splaying her across my lap once I had taken my toll onto the berth, sinking further with her weight belongi...
15.8M 662K 45
Copyrighted 2017 *Completed* Highest rankings: #6 in Werewolf #1 in Wolves #3 in Featured He was said to be powerful, the most powerful of th...
337K 8.4K 29
Darius Jackson isn't your average werewolf he is an omega. The only omega to be exact. He is the pack punching bag and is abused in many ways. His fa...
135K 4.9K 22
Darius is known as cold and strict Alpha to his pack. Maybe the fact that he wasn't mated at the age of 25, made him like that. On the day of her gr...