Chaos (Colby Brock)

By heartlessbrock

The world can be a dangerous place with dangerous people. Julia White would soon learn to not trust people so... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
134
135
Not a chapter

133

5K 98 56
By heartlessbrock

"Please, just one pill won't hurt me. I'm dying." I begged Nate as he helped me with physical therapy.

It's been a couple of days since Colby surprised me with my siblings and I was trying to push myself a little bit harder so I could actually go home to be with them.

Today Nate was helping me with it because Colby was busy with something else.

"I'm sorry, Jules. You know we can't do that. You're doing great though!" Nate encouraged as he handed me a ten pound weight.

"Three sets of ten, then we're done." He said as I groaned. "I can't do it. Everything hurts so bad." I said and pouted my lip out.

"Come on, Jules. You're so strong, I know you can do this." He said with a smile.

I pouted then started doing the sets even though I thought my arms were going to snap in half.

I thought when you got shot that would be the worst part but the muscle dystrophy was absolutely killing me.

It took me a long as time to get through the three sets, but I eventually got it done.

"I'm gonna go get you a water." Nate said and took the weights from me, putting them to the side.

When he left the room I let out a sigh, feeling my eyes fill with tears. I was getting so frustrated because I was constantly in pain.

I was glad I didn't die, but I felt like I was dying from this pain.

I wanted to succumb to my addiction, knowing that pain pills would make me feel so much better. Everyone knew better than to have those out in the open though.

There was no way I would be able to get some.

"Hey, sweetheart." Colby said as he walked into the room with a bottle of water.

"Hey, I thought you were working." I said as he nodded and kissed my cheek, handing me the water bottle.

"I was but now I'm not." He said as I took a sip of water. "So you're gonna hang out with me?" I asked as he nodded. "For a little while." He said with a sigh.

"Everything okay?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah." He said simply. I could tell something was bothering him but I didn't want to pry right now.

I needed to focus on myself and my recovery and there was a slim chance he would tell me what was going on anyways.

"Ready to go back to bed?" Colby asked as I nodded. "When can I go home?" I asked as he shrugged.

"I'm not sure, probably soon since you're getting stronger." He said then took my hands so he could help me up.

I sighed as my legs started to tremble. "We're gonna try and walk there, you can do it." Colby said then started walking backwards, holding my hands.

"I don't want to push myself." I said with a frown. "I won't let you get hurt." He assured as I took a couple of steps.

I got halfway down the hallway before I started to collapse. "I've gotcha." Colby said and scooped me into his arms.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as he shook his head. "Don't apologize." He said then carried me back to the infirmary.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked as he nodded. "I'm gonna get you something to eat." Colby said then left the room. I huffed out a breath then picked at the blanket on my lap.

The toxic thoughts in my brain were convincing me that Colby was mad at me.

He was annoyed that he had to take care of me and that I wasn't getting any better.

Maybe he didn't want to deal with me anymore.

I sat in silence for a while before Colby came back with a bag of chick fil a.

"I didn't know what you wanted, but Kat brought this for you." Colby said as I nodded, keeping my eyes down.

"You okay?" He asked as I nodded. "Tired." I said as he unpacked my food for me. "This should help then." He said then rolled the tray over to me.

"Are you gonna eat?" I mumbled. "Maybe I'll steal a fry." He said snd sat next to me. "Go for it." I said as the door opened.

"Nate, when can I go home?" I asked as he shrugged. "Whenever you want to. We can do physical therapy at the house." Nate said as I nodded.

"Can I go home today?" I asked and looked at Colby. "Sure thing, sweetheart." He said with a small smile.

"Are the kids still doing okay?" I asked as Colby nodded. "Yeah, they love the house. The girls love them, too." He said causing me to smile.

"Good. Let's go home and see them." I said causing Colby to laugh.

"Eat first. Then Kat can bring you home." He said and took a fry.

"You're not gonna take me?" I asked with a frown. "Gotta get back to work." He said then stood up.

"Oh. Uh...okay." I said as he leaned down to kiss me. "I'll be home later." He said then kissed me.

"Okay." I said then watched him leave the room. "That was weird." I said and looked at Nate. "He's been really busy, I wouldn't look too into it." He said with a reassuring smile.

"Right. Thanks, Nate." I said with a sigh. "Try to get some rest." He said then patted my legs and left the room.

I sighed and looked down at my food, not feeling very hungry at all.

Something felt so different and I just didn't really like it.

Usually Colby would make sure I was okay and would take me home from the office. Was I not in any danger anymore? Would I get to have a normal life now?

There were just so many questions that needed answers.

"Hey, Jules!" Kat said as she came into the room. "Hey." I said and waved at her.

"I guess I'm taking you home today! We can stop and get some Starbucks on the way if you want." She said as I nodded.

"That sounds fun. Let's go." I said and started to get out of bed.

"Woah! Hold on." Kat said with a laugh. "Let me go get someone to help you." She said as I shook my head.

"They're busy." I said and stood up. "Julia, it's not a good idea." Kat said wearily. "I just want to go home." I said as I tried to not collapse.

"I'll just go grab Sam really fast, then we'll be on our way. Don't move." Kat said then ran out of the room.

I groaned and put my hands on the bed, keeping me steady.

Luckily Katrina was right and she was back in the room with Sam after only a couple of minutes.

"Did you want to try and walk?" Sam asked as I scrunched my face with pain.

"No." I said as he came over and picked me up. "Off to the car we go then." He said as Katrina followed behind us.

"Thanks, Sam." I said quietly. "Anytime, Jules." He said then walked down the hallway.

When we got to the car he helped me get into the passengers seat.

"Alright! Off to Starbucks, then home." Kat said with a smile once she got in the car. "Drive safe, babe." Sam said then leaned down and kissed her before closing her door.

"You guys are cute." I said with a small smile. "So are you and Colby." She said then nudged my arm.

"I think he's mad at me." I said with a frown. "Why would he be mad at you?" She asked and started driving.

"I don't know...he's been so cold." I said as she frowned. "Maybe he's just stressed." She said and started nervously picking at her lips.

"What do you know, Kat?" I asked and narrowed my eyes at her. "Nothing! I just think he's stressed. I know Sam is. He's taking on way more than before." She said and focused on the road.

"So if he's doing more...then what is Colby doing?" I asked as she chuckled.

"He's doing a lot. Just different more intense things than Sam. I don't think he's mad at you though." She said then reached over and patted my leg.

"I hope not." I said quietly and looked down. "Yeah, you literally took a bullet for him, he better not be mad at you." She said causing me to laugh.

"I'd do it again any day. Maybe that's why he's mad." I said as she shook her head.

"I don't think he's mad." She said then pulled into the parking lot of Starbucks.

"Get whatever you want. On me." Kat said with a smile.

"Thanks, Kat." I said with a small smile then looked at the menu.

I was so grateful for Kat and the other girls. It felt so good to have a group of people that I could talk to about anything.

Since she was dating Sam she knew Colby the most out of all of the girls so hearing her input on this meant a lot to me.

I just hoped she was right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

767K 19.3K 113
MATURE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR TOO YOUNG Sequel to Addicted. I'll fill this part out later bc as usual, I just don't know yet. Hope you e...
61.3K 803 21
What happens when you friend drags you to go on a meet and greet with people you don't even watch. Do you end up becoming enemy's or do you make thes...
36K 1K 32
Colby Brock, famous Viner turned YouTube Star. Best friends with Sam Golbach. Known for being the 'emo' one of the duo. Paranormal investigator. Canc...
4.8K 101 57
Y/N was just a normal girl living a normal life like any 19 year old. She lived in New York all of her life and just moved to Los Angeles. She had a...