The Keys to My Heart

Oleh MidnightStarz

Nicolette Sincliar has been through enough breakups that would last her a life time. Decided that she had eno... Lebih Banyak

Chapter Two - FML
Chapter Three - Meeting the Jerk
Chapter Four - Meeting Prince Charming
Chapter Five - Payback
Chapter Six - Well, that's awkward!
Chapter Seven - The Stolen Diary
Chapter Eight - The Secret
Chapter Nine - Unexpected Party
Chapter Ten - The Kiss
Chapter Eleven - Wishing Upon A Shooting Star
Chapter Twelve - The Beginning of a Bad Day
Chapter Thirteen - The Threat
Chapter Fourteen - Four Things That Can Go Wrong In One Day
Chapter Fifteen - The 'Private Tutor'
Chapter Sixteen - Unexpected Savior
Chapter Seventeen - The Teddy Bear
Chapter Eighteen - The Talk
Chapter Nineteen - Surprise, surprise!
Chapter Twenty - Hawaii
Chapter Twenty One - Resurfacing Feelings
Chapter Twenty Two - Bad Boy Alert
Chapter Twenty Three - Revenge
Chapter Twenty Four - The Truth
Chapter Twenty Five - Good byes
Chapter Twenty Six - Reunited
Epilogue

The Keys to My Heart

32.9K 293 186
Oleh MidnightStarz

Readers beware: This is my first story on Wattpad,and I will admit it is crappy, cliche and full of errors. Read at your discretion.

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter One - Bad News

Bad news can come when one least suspect it, but who knew that on a peacful afternoon, an unexpected shower of bad news would fall upon Nicolette Sinclair when her mom came into the living room.

“Hey honey…” she said. Nicolette barely turned her head to look at her mom before she stared back at the screen. Within a few seconds, the TV screen was blocked with a body and she just sighed.

Looking up, Nicolette spoke. “What’s up?” she asked as she popped open a coke can and took a sip of it.

“I’d like to talk to you about something important.” she replied.

Nicolette’s eyebrows pulled in and a frowned formed a little. Usually when her mom wants to “talk to her” about something, it was either bad news, something important, or that she was in trouble. She doubts that she was in trouble because she didn’t do anything, so it had to be important or bad news.

“Now turn the volume down on the TV or turn it off.” she commanded.

Nicolette sighed and spoke. “I can only do that if you move out of the way.” she grumbled.

A few seconds later, the volume of the TV was lowered and she was looking at her mom and repeated her question. “What’s up?” she demanded, giving a dull look at her mom, to just come out with what she had to tell her.

“Alright, I’ll come straight forward with it.” she stated.

“Okay, any time will do…I’m missing the show.” said Nicolette impatiently.

“Nicolette. What is with your attitude these days?” demanded her mom.

She just shrugged before sighing. “I’m sorry, it’s just that…” She paused for a moment, biting the bottom of her lip, refusing the cry again; she had done that too much these days.

“I found out a few days ago when we came back from Hawaii that Evan cheated on me and that a friend of his called me a day later to tell me that Evan broke up with me.” she replied, thinking about how boys can’t get any worse than that… getting their friends to tell a girl that he broke up with her.

“Didn’t I tell you to stop dating months ago because for the last five boyfriends you had, they all broke up with you because of looks and their needs?” she asked, shaking her head.

Nicolette just nodded, while taking another drink of her coke.

“Anyways, onto the big news now…I have decided to send you to Silvestre Academy because of my work.” she stated.

It took Nicolette’s mind a few seconds to process it all before she spat the contents of her coke out, well more like choked on half of it. She stared at her mom in the eye and spoke.

“Are you crazy?” Nicolette demanded.

She knew that her mom was a pilot, but she didn’t think it would ever be that busy for her…besides she could take care of herself. Nicolette took a breath in, thinking why her mom decided to tell her now and then it came to her. Her father was in the military and was helping out to keep peace in Afghanistan, when he was killed by a road side bomb a year ago, so she stayed at home more.

Either way, she definitely did not want to go to Silvestre Academy. Nicolette had heard from many of her friends that it was apparently the “greatest academy” you could go to if you were looking for hot rich guys, but seriously she knew that was the last school she wanted to go to. She had also heard that the teachers give easy ninety percents there, not that Nicolette minded or anything. It’s just that if she wanted to be a lawyer, she needed to actually learn and earn good grades the harder way. Besides, none of her friends would be there and that’s pretty bad.

“Please! Please! Please don’t make me go there!" she whined, while getting onto her knees. “I’ll do anything; I'll get even better grades than I usually do!”

Her mom just looked at Nicolette disgustedly because she had just spat out coke, but then she broke into laughter.

"Oh, Nicolette! You've already been getting pretty much the highest grade point average, any higher, I'd be stunned. But, I’m sorry; I don’t have time for all this, with work and me traveling around. It’s too complicated.” she said, looking like she was going to tear up for a moment.

Nicolette sighed as more memories of her father arose. She remembered locking herself in a room and balling her eyes out until she couldn’t cry anymore. She had a couple of good friends that stood by her, especially Matthew Kim, a really hot Asian, but most of all, one of her best friends.

“Good, get your stuff ready; school starts in three days and I will be dropping you off a day early.” she said before leaving the room.

“What?!” yelled Nicolette.

That means she had less then three…no make that two days to enjoy what was left of her summer and pack! Was her mom crazy? She sighed, knowing that she was.

“Okay, I will soon.” Well soon, in never. Her mom smiled at her and left Nicolette to clean up her mess.

Just as Nicolette settled back on her couch, the doorbell rang and she went to get it.

“Speaking about the devil…err well thinking about it anyways.” she mumbled to herself as she opened the door and saw Matthew standing there.

“What’s up?” Nicolette asked looking at him.

She could tell that he was sad and then she crossed her arms, knowing why he was here.

“Okay, I’m telling you for the last and final time; that girlfriend of yours is treating you like crap. Just dump her already!” she said.

Mathew just shook his head before running a hand through his hair.

“It’s harder then it looks, okay; I still like her a bit and who was the one who introduced me to her?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Nicolette put her hands up before nodding.

“Alright, alright…so she was once my friend, but now she isn’t. Anyways, come in, I’m not doing anything better then watching TV and thinking about that stupid Academy I’m going to go to.”

“Wait what? You’re not going to Clev-”

“No!” Nicolette snapped. “My mom is very busy because of her stupid pilot job and she doesn’t think I’m capable of taking care of myself everyday for school.” she grumbled.

Matthew’s expression changed into a chuckle. “Well that is sort of true…” he said slowly.

“Shut up.” Nicolette said. “If you want to come into my house, at least be a little nicer…”

He laughed again before nodding. “Sure thing, but seriously I need some good advice in dumping her nicely…or how we can change the relationship for the better…” said Matthew slowly.

Nicolette shook my head before sighing. “You are too much of a nice guy. I mean just dump her, lay it straight, seeing how she pains you a lot; she’s not worth it anymore.” she replied.

He shot me a look as if he was wondering what I was talking about. “Speak for yourself; you’re the one getting dumped here and there. Doesn’t it hurt in the end?” asked Matthew.

When he asked that question, she just slammed the door in his face. “I said be nice!” Nicolette yelled at the door, which seemed sort of weird. The doorbell rang again, but she didn’t open it. Then it rang a few more times before her mom came out.

“Oh! For heaven’s sake, open the door!” she said as she opened it for Nicolette.

Matthew was still standing there with a crooked smile. “Hey Mrs. Sinclair, can I come in?” he asked.

She was about to leave when her mom spoke. “Of course Matthew, I’m sure Nicolette would love that if you did.” she replied before shooting Nicolette a glare.

Nicolette pouted before finally accepting the fact that Matthew was bombarding his way into her own house.

She waited as her mom left and Mathew come in before speaking. “Next time you do that, I would make sure I kick you out of the house A.S.A.P.”

“Yeah, sure whatever you say.”

“Uh! You are hopeless.” Nicolette grumbled before heading back to the living room so she could catch the last bit of CSI. “So any ideas for my problem?” she asked.

“For what?” He asked before pausing for a moment. “Oh right, the Academy…Well I don’t see what’s so bad about going to a new school.” he replied with a shrug.

“You’re a great help.” she said sarcastically before shaking her head. “The school I’m going to is called Silvestre Academy, the one with stupid rich kids, stupid teachers, and most of all stupid playboys.” Nicolette stated.

Matthew just shrugged again. “So, I’ll ask my question one more time, what’s so bad about that?” he asked, while grabbing a can of pop on the table.

Nicolette rolled her eyes, annoyed that he didn’t get her point.

“What’s bad is that I don’t want to be in that school full of jerks and teachers that don’t teach well. I want to be a lawyer and that school won’t teach you much, so I would probably flunk university. Plus, I don’t think I can stand any boys there.” she added.

Matthew laughed again, before shrugging. “Maybe I should go there too and see what it’s like. I heard that there are hot chicks.” he said slowly.

“Matt!” she grumbled. “You are not getting the point of this whole thing. “I won’t survive in that horrible school…Please! Give me some good advice.”

“Yeah, good advice, like telling me that I should just dump that girlfriend of mine?” he joked. “Okay, okay fine, why not just get some extra study time in the library and get a private tutor.” he suggested.

“That would be a big help, but I guess I could try the online tutor… or I could just hope for the best.” Nicolette said slowly. “What about the other problem?” she asked. “I can’t stand being around another asshole for another decade.”

“I don’t know. Maybe try to embrace it?” he replied before drinking his pop.

Nicolette punched him lightly on the arm and shook her head. “Very helpful.” she grumbled sarcastically. “Do I have to think of everything by myself around here?” she demanded.

Matthew grinned and shook his head. “Yes and no. Anyways, since you’re no help about my problem, then I’m going.” he said and stood up.

“Good,” she mumbled as an idea clicked into her head. “What about getting her to dump you instead?” she suggested. It was so crazy that it might just work!”

He gave a smile before heaving a big sigh. “I don’t know. I told you that I still like her a little and besides that, she’s not always that bad…” he said slowly.

Nicolette snorted loudly. “Yeah like her cheating on you once already?”

“Forget it Nicole, I’m leaving.” he said before quickly slipping out of the living room.

Nicolette sighed, knowing that she might have hurt his feelings. Yes, Matt was a big chicken, not tough, like a normal guy would try to act. Most of them would be such jerks and dump you if they don’t like one thing about you. One of the things that she had learned is that pretty much all hot guys are assholes and hot guys who are nice have crappy girlfriends or they’re gay. So sometimes she wondered if Matthew came from a different planet or maybe he belongs in the column of having a crappy girlfriend…or even the column of being gay?

___________________________________________________________________________

I know, this story may seem a bit cliche at first and stuff, but I'm working on changing that around.

Anyways...

Like it? Love it? Critique? Don't like it? Well then comment!

Oh and for those of you wondering who made this cover, it's by EllaDay :D

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

472K 11.2K 64
Juliet Grayson and Warner Brooks could not be more opposite. Juliet has struggled with body image issues and bullying her entire life. Being 40 pound...
274K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
99.4K 2.1K 26
(bxbxmxm+)(poly realationship) (Update: only edited like 5 chapters the rest are unedited... So if it doesn't really make sense, Sorry.) Chapters wit...
282K 12.2K 71
"She was wrong for me on so many levels. For one, she belonged to another, and could never be mine. But even I, was powerless in the face of raw sedu...