Chapter Twenty - Hawaii

Chapter Twenty – Hawaii

Nicolette stared out the window as the airplane descended through the clouds and towards the airport. If she found one word to describe Hawaii, it would breathtaking. She had been to Hawaii a couple of times before, and every time she went, she would still be amazed by the wide variety of animal and plant life. Don’t even get her started about how dazzling the beaches were. Everything about Hawaii was beautiful.

Suddenly, someone shook Nicolette out of the daze and motioned towards the exit. “It’s time to get going; we’re here.” stated Skyler.

For a brief moment, she looked at him and then towards the crowd of people filing out of the plane before nodding. “Thanks for telling me.”

Skyler smiled, “No problem—”

“Are you two done flirting around?” demanded Devon impatiently.

While Nicolette shot him a glare, Lillian smacked his head and scowled at him, “Devon! Be nice, and for goodness sake, they aren’t flirting around.”

He arched his eyebrows, “Oh, so you’re defending them because….?”

Lillian just ignored him as she helped Nicolette grab her things from the top compartment.

As usual, just when Nicolette begins to feel some sympathy for Devon, he gives her reasons to hate him still.

When Nicolette stepped out of the airport and onto the streets of Honolulu, Hawaii, a hot blast of air hit her in the face. It was a nice exchange from the cold winter in Chicago. She breathed in deeply and a smile played on her lips. She couldn’t wait to go to the beach…

“Alright, so I’ll be heading to my business conference now, so be good kids.” said Skyler’s father as he opened the door to a silver Lexus car. “You can find your hotel at the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites on the GPS in your BMW,” he stated, while pointing to the car behind his and tossing Skyler the keys. “You’re in charge of driving unless I say otherwise. I’ll see all four of you tonight.” he stated before closing the door and driving away.

Devon crossed his arms, “Just because your dad says you’re driving doesn’t mean I’m going to agree with this.”

Skyler laughed as he unlocked the driver side of the door, “Alright then, walk to the hotel if you want. You’re not my problem, plus I’m sure both Nicolette and your sister would rather have me drive than you.”

He let out a frustrated growl, but dropped his shoulders in defeat.

***

After Nicolette and Lillian had placed their luggage into the hotel room they were sharing with, they quickly headed back to the lobby to find Skyler waiting for them.

“Where’s Devon?” asked Lillian.

“He’s coming… and we’re going to the beach first right?” asked Skyler, looking at the tourist map.

“Yup,” replied Nicolette with a grin.

He laughed, “Alright, let’s head to Fort Derussy Beach; it’s not too far from here, but we still need to wait for the slow poke first—”

“HEY! Who you calling slow poke?” demanded Devon as he exited the elevator.

“Nobody,” said Skyler quickly, “now, let’s go before we waste any more time.”

When they got to the beach, it was filled with people. Some were in the water splashing around, while others were lying on a towel, trying to get a tan or eating something.

As Nicolette, Lillian, and Skyler set up some towels onto the sand, Devon wolf whistled as he looked around at the amount of hot girls there were at the beach.

“Do you mind helping instead of getting distracted by these girls?” demanded Lillian.

“Sorry sis, I’d love to help you set up, but…I’ll see you around in a bit.” he said as he ran a hand through his hair and rushed off towards a blonde girl that was near them.

Lillian rolled her eyes before laughing. “Oh brother.” she mumbled before looking towards Nicolette. “I haven’t really eaten much breakfast, so I’m going to see if there is any food I can buy near here. You don’t have to wait for me; go and have some fun.” she said, before walking off.

It was silent for a moment as Nicolette stared into the open water. It was a beautiful teal-blue color and it sparkled with the sun shining against it.

Skyler looked at Nicolette for a moment, and then spoke. “I guess that leaves the two of us…” he said slowly, as if trying to choose the right words. “Do you want to do something together?”

Her eyes drifted towards Skyler before nodding. “Sure, want to head down for a swim?” she suggested.

“Alright,” he agreed as he peeled his shirt off, revealing lightly toned abs.

Nicolette glanced at Skyler before looking away quickly and blushing when he caught her staring at him. She had to admit he was the cute type and not the hot one, but she liked it better that way. Cute guys were typically nicer and besides she wasn’t favoring those heavy sets of abs that hot guys have. As she took her clothes off, revealing a two piece swim suit, Skyler suddenly spoke.

“Race you to the water!” he yelled before taking off.

“HEY! No fair!” laughed Nicolette as she quickly tossed her shorts to the side and ran after him. As she raced him, she stepped on a sharp piece of rock, which hindered her speed. In the end, she had lost to Skyler, but only by a meter with a small cut on her feet. “Cheater!” yelled Nicolette as she playfully splashed water at him.

Skyler chuckled as he splashed back, while slowly inching over to her with his hands up. “Okay, stop splashing; you win this one.” he said with a grin, but Nicolette didn’t stop, so he decided to charge at her.

Nicolette was taken by surprise when Skyler grabbed her by the legs and picked her up. “Let me down! This is embarrassing!” she yelled between fits of giggles, suddenly aware that a few people were looking their way.

“Not until you say sorry first.” teased Skyler as he went into deeper waters.

She was still giggling as she tried to squirm out of his arms. In the end, Nicolette gave up and heaved a sigh, “Alright, sorry, now let me—” Before she had the chance to say the rest, Skyler plopped her into the water. For a moment she was enveloped with cold water and brushed against something fleshy before bursting up to the surface to see Skyler laughing.

“Not funny!” pouted Nicolette as she looked around for a split second, suddenly aware that there was a pair of burning eyes staring at her. Suddenly she met the eyes of Devon Shade who was on shore, half talking to another blonde haired girl, half keeping an eye on her.

Skyler looked at the direction that Nicolette was staring at before speaking, “Okay, let’s go find Lillian—”

Without warning, there was a loud whistle from a nearby lifeguard, while someone else was on the megaphone telling everyone to clear out of the water.

“What’s going on?” asked Skyler in confusion.

Nicolette was about to answer when she caught a glimpse of a grey fin near them. Her heart pounded faster and there was

___________________________________________________________________

Votes, comments and stuff alike would make my day :)