Chapter Nine - Unexpected Party

This chapter is dedicated colenicx :)

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Nine – Unexpected Party

When Nicolette opened the door to the coed room, she wasn’t sure whether to be shocked or pissed; maybe both. 

The whole dorm was dim, but there were disco lights, flashing a wide variety of colors. There was also a stereo, blasting ear-deafening music. As Nicolette continued further into the dorm, she passed by at least two dozen people. Some were talking to each other, while others played video games, drunk beer, and some doing who knows what. The floor was littered with spilt food, drinks, and garbage. It was just disgusting, not to mention the strong smell of alcohol filled the whole dorm.

Being a neat freak she was, there was no way Nicolette could clean this whole mess up, but she wasn’t going to clean it up. Once she finds Devon, oh he’s in big trouble…. but first, she wanted to go back to her room where she can hear herself think.

Quickly, Nicolette stepped over a beer can and made a beeline to her room.

Reaching for the doorknob, she tried to open it, but it wouldn’t budge. She tried, yet again, but it still wouldn’t open. Nicolette frowned, pondering why it was locked for a moment, before she started hammering on the door.

Apparently, it caused a lot of racket because everyone turned to look at her like she was some crazy woman, but Nicolette ignored it. She almost started to shout, when the door suddenly flew open.

“What’s with the banging on the door? I’m trying to get laid here!” scowled a tall, muscular male figure in boxers. 

Nicolette set her jaw squarely and gave the male a death glare. She was about ready to let some F bombs drop from her mouth.

“Get your ass and your girlfriend out of my fucking room!”

Suddenly, everyone who wasn’t watching the scene play out, turned to look at her as if she was some criminal. The music stopped playing and it was almost quiet for a moment. Sudden whispers began and she could feel some eyes burning through the back of her head.

“What did you just say?” demanded the male as he stepped even closer to her, shooting a death glare back.

Nicolette felt her fingers curl in a ball by her side, ready to fight if she needed to. “Oh, are you deaf and stupid? I said GET THE FU-” Before she had a chance to finish her sentence, she felt a rough hand grab her hair and suddenly her face was inches from the guy she hated most.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” growled Devon as he turned to the male and spoke loudly for everyone to hear. “I’m sorry Blake, but remember how I complained to you about my roommate? Yeah, this is her.” he stated with a sneer before letting her hair go and pushing her roughly towards the ground.

 A burst of pain went through Nicolette as she hit the floor with a thud.  

“Wow, you weren’t kidding when you said that she’s a freak.” Blake stated.

“She reminds me of your sister.” said a voice in a matter-of-fact tone from the crowd. Within seconds, everyone started agreeing with the voice.

Devon turned around. “Who said that?” he demanded, while giving the crowd a ‘speak and I’ll kill you’ look.

Nobody answered.

“Fine, get back to the party then!”  

Suddenly the music turned back on and everyone was scattering around.

“Sorry Blake, this is how crappy my roommate is.” grumbled Devon.

Blake opened his mouth to speak, but the next few words didn’t come from him; it came from a girl coming out of the room.

“It’s okay Devon; it wasn’t your fault that she—” The female shot Nicolette a glare; “—ruined it for us. Blake, let’s just stay here for a bit more here; we can always do this in my room later tonight,” she said, before tossing Blake his shirt and pants. 

Blake looked angry, but he merely sighed and slipped his clothes on, all the while saying, “Yeah, you’re right Valerie, let’s get something to drink.” The couple walked toward the crowd of people, but Blake paused again to look back at Devon.

“We need a little friends and advice talk. In a few hours, clear out some people and we’ll do our regular tradition, while discussing important matters…” And with that, Blake and his girlfriend walked off.

Devon watched them go, before having sudden feeling a rush of anger. He turned to look at Nicolette, but she wasn’t there. Suddenly, the door slammed in front of him and he heard a soft click sound. Devon tried to open it anyway, but to no prevail.

“Calm down. I think that witch is trying to provoke you.” purred Tessa as she stroked his arm. “Relax, and enjoy the party; I’m helping you deal with her, remember?”

Devon glanced at the door leading to Nicolette one more time before giving a nod. “You’re right; I don’t want to waste my time on her anyways.”

****

Nicolette stared at her room for a moment, noting to herself that it was pretty much a mess…like someone has been rummaging through it! Her head started to throb again, but she smiled, knowing something that would make her feel a hundred times better.

Immediately, she took off both of her shoes and opened the door again. Nicolette scanned the area, before locking on her target. She lifted her arms and threw her shoes at Devon. Suddenly, there were two “whacking” sounds and everyone around him took notice. He slowly turned around with a look on his face that was priceless.

Nicolette smirked. “That’s for making my room a complete mess and having this retard party with your retard friends!”  she stated before slamming the door closed.

She sighed and took one look down at her feet. There goes her favorite pair of shoes… possibly her only pair she had brought with her…

***

 Devon sat on a couch, drinking beer, while watching the last few people get kicked out by Blake and Zach. The people that were still left were most of his closer friends, or what people would call the top of food chain in this school.

When the room was at last cleared up to about half a dozen people, Blake started to speak. “Before we start our game, I have noticed an increasing amount of losers and freaks coming to this school, but none as great as Devon’s roommate. This academy used to be for the privileged students only, but it’s becoming less of that now…which is why I propose a plan, for both troubles—”

“I already have a plan to get back at her for everything.” said Tessa with a sly smile.

Blake smiled back, but shook his head. “Maybe so, however, it’s not just that girl I want to remove, it’s all the losers. Besides, we’re a group; we do things together and that includes taking down that witch.”

“Fine, you’re right; we’ll work as a team.” she replied softly.

“Good, because as a team, we’ll make her life a living hell.” stated Blake.

“But can we come up with something for each day?” asked Valerie.

“Of course we can; I have the perfect plan. If we combine all our ideas together, it would be even better.” stated Tessa.

 “How about we start our tradition now?” Suggested Zach.

Everyone nodded.

“Let the dares begin then!”

________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, comment, comment, comment :D