Chapter Twenty Two - Bad Boy Alert

Chapter Twenty Two – Bad Boy Alert

After Nicolette had healed from the shark bite and went back to the academy, the first thing she noticed was that everyone was being nicer to her. Maybe it was because many people heard about the shark attack or maybe it was because a certain person told them to back off. Either way, she was feeling a lot happier than before, but with her luck, there was always something that turns her day sour.

On the third day back, most of the students were talking about how there’s a new male student, and how he’s a total bad ass.  Nobody knew his name or where he came from. Some just say he appeared out of the blue, but he was looking for a certain girl. It almost sounded like one of those fantasy stories, so Nicolette just decided to ignore it. Rumors weren’t always true.

She stopped in the library for a bit of reading before class begun. As she sat in a chair and pulled out a book, a shadowy figure appeared in front of her. Nicolette didn’t bother to look up until she got paranoid that the person wasn’t moving. “Can you move? You’re blocking the light—” she stopped talking when she saw the figure. He was a tall male, wearing a dark leather jacket and black jeans. His sandy blonde hair was spiked up and he had a smirk on his face. Somehow he looked familiar…

“Are you Nicolette Sinclair?” he asked.

She froze not daring to look at him. How did he know her name?

His smirk widened, “Ah, so you are. I was just wondering if you’d like to go out with me.” He said, not in a questioning tone.

Nicolette suddenly stood up and grabbed her bag. “Look, I don’t understand why you’re asking me, but I won’t. This is too random and I don’t even know you!” she replied before quickly walking towards the exit of the library.

Vincent watched as she dashed out and sneered. He’ll get her next time.

***

As the day dragged on, Nicolette expected something to happen and she was always on red alert, waiting, but nothing caught her by surprise until the last period of the day.

The class was dissecting part of a pig’s leg when the door to the classroom flew open without warning.

Many students were now looking at the intruder and talking loudly.

Nicolette took one glance at the doorway and let out a small gasp. It was the same guy who had asked her out earlier in the library. She turned slightly, trying to conceal herself, but she didn’t do it very well because he had spotted her immediately. Before he had a chance to walk to her however, a voice boomed,

 “What on earth are you doing boy?” demanded, Mrs. Hetherson, their science teacher, becoming slightly red in the face, “Get out!”

Vincent sneered, “Fuck off would you? I need to talk to someone.”

The class suddenly went dead silent.

Mrs. Hetherson went turned a darker shade of red, almost like a ripe tomato. “You! GET OUT NOW!”

He only ignored her and walked towards Nicolette and stood only half a meter in front of her before speaking. “I asked you out before and you rejected me. I’ll ask again, would you go out with me?”

She stared at him wordless before standing up and walking quickly out of the classroom. There was no way was she was going to talk to him again. Just as she neared the girl’s washroom, a hand caught her forearm.

“Is it because you like someone else that you keep rejecting me?” he asked.

Nicolette yanked her arm out of his hold. “Maybe, but what is it to you? You barely know me after all.”

The male just ignored her question and continued speaking, “Do you like Devon Shade?”

For a moment she didn’t answer, but a blush crept onto her face before she looked away. “Like I said, what is it to you?”

Vincent sneered, “Then tell the guy you like that I won’t give up until you’re mine.” He replied before walking away.

Nicolette watched him walk away and sighed. This was going to be problematic. She wasn’t even sure that she really liked Devon. Her brain told her no, but her heart told her yes. Maybe it would be better if she didn’t say anything to him… Just as she was about to head back to her class, a familiar voice rang out.

“Hey Nicolette!” called out Matthew with a grin.

“Hey Mathew, what’s up?” She asked.

 “Nothing much; who was the guy you were talking to a few seconds ago and how’s your leg?”

Nicolette shrugged, deciding to go as far away from that subject as possible, “Just some kid and it’s mostly healed, but now I have these big fat scars that won’t go away.” She sighed.

Matthew laughed, “Hey, at least that shark didn’t bite off your leg… I mean your probably taste horrible.” He joked.

She rolled her eyes and playfully punched him. “Haha you’re funny,” she said sarcastically as the bell suddenly rang, signaling for the end of classes. “So…do you want to hangout at the mall today?”

“I don’t know…I usually have my mom or dad buy all my things…the mall is just so—”

“Oh please, you’re a girl inside and you know it!” cut in Nicolette.

“Alright, mall it is,” agreed Matthew with a grin.

The moment they had stepped out of the building, Nicolette suddenly remembered that she left her things back in the science classroom and stopped walking, “Hey Matthew, I left my bag back in the classroom, I’ll be right back.” She said before dashing off.

When Nicolette entered her science classroom, it was dark and empty. As she gathered her things and took her bag out of the classroom, someone suddenly turned the lights on and stepped in her way.

“Nicolette!” exclaimed a sickly sweet voice.

She looked at the blonde girl standing in her way. “Tessa.” She greeted.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry for everything I did to you! I had all winter break to think about it and I decided that want to make it up to you!” she said while grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the exit on the opposite end of where Matthew was waiting.

“Wait! Stop it, I need to tell—”

“I want to show you a surprise, there’s no time to wait,” interjected Tessa as they entered the parking lot and hurried towards a dark tinted car.

Nicolette tried to yank out of her hold, but boy did she have a steel grip on her. Without warning, Tessa opened the back door and shoved her into the car. She tried to get out, but was grabbed by two people, Jerome and the guy who had tried to ask her out.

“LET ME GO!” Yelled Nicolette, but they only ignored her as Tessa started to car engine and drove off.

Shit. She was in trouble now...

____________________________________________________________

So what do you think about this chapter? Comment!