Chapter Twenty Five - Good byes

Chapter Twenty Five –  Good byes

“I can’t believe you brought me here!” complained Devon, staring at the rides and attractions in the carnival. “This is so childish! I think I’m going to sit out.” he added, looking at all the kids there were around.

“But you let me chose where we wanted to hang out!” argued Nicolette before she giggled. “And no way are you ratting out on this! Your sister told me that you never went to a carnival before, so I was like, why the heck not? You need to seriously act like a kid once in a while, you know?”

“No…I don’t know. You can just go and enjoy the rides. I’ll stay right here,” he said, while noticing a hot chick passing him.

She looked towards the direction that he was looking and had an urge to snap at him. Before she knew what was coming out of her mouth, she blurted out, “Why are you looking at that woman that way?” she demanded before suddenly covering her mouth with her hands.

Devon glanced at her and smirked, “Why? Are you jealous that I’m not staring at you instead?”

Nicolette rolled her eyes, but felt butterflies in her stomach as he looked at her. “Oh please, no way… I was just…uhh wondering what you’re looking at.” she mumbled.

“Alright, then I don’t suppose I’ll just go and meet you in the food court—”

She grabbed his arm immediately, “I’m not letting you go off with a stranger. I mean, what if you get kidnapped by her? Besides, this is the last time I’ll be seeing—” she cut off suddenly before changing the subject, “—let’s go ride a roller coaster…or are you too chicken to?”

Devon looked at her amused before smiling. It was then he realized how much he loved the way she talks so absentmindedly like that…but he loved to tease her even more. “I’m sure that I can take care of myself,” he replied, wiggling his arms out of her grasp.

“Don’t go!” she protested, feeling a surge of panic go through her. “I thought this was our outing as friends? Besides…I want you to stay, I’ll get lonely…”

Devon smiled, “Okay, fine I won’t go, but give me a kiss first, if you really want me to stay.” he replied.

Nicolette glared at him, but truthfully wanted to kiss his soft lips again. “This isn’t a date…”

“So what?”

“But everyone’s going to look at us funny…”

“I don’t care,” he replied stubbornly.

Nicolette sighed, “Alright, this kiss isn’t going to mean anything though…” she said as she took a step towards him and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

“That’s all?” he asked.

She rolled her eyes, but leaned in to kiss him again.

This time, Devon grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his chest. He wasn’t going to let this be a small kiss. No, he was craving her lips ever since the first time they had kissed…so before Nicolette had a chance to react, he lowered his head down and hungrily met her lips.

The moment she felt his lips touch hers, was the moment she felt like her heart had sped up to five times its normal rate, and the worst part was, she couldn’t slow it down. Nicolette moved her mouth in sync with his and for a moment, nothing in the world mattered. All she wanted to do was to stay in his arms, kissing him like it was the end of the world… It might actually be when he leaves…