Chapter Four - Meeting Prince Charming

Nicolette didn’t have enough time to think about what to do next; instead she trusted her own instincts and ducked. If her father could only see her now… He would be ashamed that his daughter wasn’t doing anything to kick this guy’s ass…

“Mr. Shade! Violence is not tolerated on school property!”   

Both Devon and Nicolette turned to see a lady whom looked like she was in her mid forties. She had black hair that was pulled back in a bun and the way she dressed appeared to be someone you did not want to cross or upset.

Nicolette gave a wild guess that this might be the headmistress of the academy. When she turned slightly her eyes caught the look on Devon’s face. His face was in pure shock, but slowly it transformed into a calmer one.

If this lady was the headmistress, Nicolette was determined to get him into trouble first. “This boy almost injured me! Is that how this school treats all new students around here?! I should complain to my mother! She’ll have this Academy closed down for sure!” she complained in anger. 

“I deeply apologize fo—”

Devon just snorted and cut in quickly. “Well this new girl was going to throw my things out the window; how can I stand and watch around?” he argued.

“He locked me out of my dorm!” I countered.

“But this girl—”

“BOTH. OF. YOU. My. OFFICE. NOW!” said the headmistress angrily as she started to walk down the hallway.

Something told Nicolette that Devon wasn’t the only one in trouble, which pissed her off dearly.

It took a whole five minutes to get to the main office. When Nicolette and Devon entered, the door slammed behind them.

“Alright Devon Shade, what do you have to say for yourself?” asked the headmistress immediately as she sat down in her leather chair.

“Do I get a room to myself or better yet, can you kick this girl out of our school?” he asked, pointing to Nicolette.

She only stared at him in disbelief. Truthfully, Nicolette didn’t mind if she got kicked out of this Academy because she wanted to go back to a regular school. Only there might be some problems with her mom and with her permanent record if she did get kicked out.

The headmistress only shook her head. “No, and double no. Beside I know how your behavior is, and it’s not very good. You will just have to suffer through it. Besides, we barely have any more dorms at this Academy.”

Devon slammed the table in anger and spoke. “My father doesn’t pay five thousand dollars each year for this academy’s finance for nothing!” he growled. “He can take it away from you if I asked him to.”

The women sighed and shook her head. “I’m sorry, but you violated one of our school rules. That is definitely not an excuse to go back running to your father, crying about how I may have treated you unfairly. Even then, your sister would not allow this to happen.” she replied.

Nicolette snickered; she never knew that a headmistress would have this much spunk. “Burnnn.”

Devon rolled his eyes. His sister, the nice one, the smart one, the goody two shoes one. She was definitely going to shoot him down if he somehow gets her out of this Academy.

“Alright then forget my last comment, but I really mean it when I want her expelled!”

Nicolette tried to play it cool, as if any of this was the least of her worries, but how could she when someone wants her out of this school for no god damn reason at all? Besides that, her mom would kill her! Then without realizing herself saying it, she shouted. “NO!”