Chaos (Colby Brock)

By heartlessbrock

The world can be a dangerous place with dangerous people. Julia White would soon learn to not trust people so... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
Not a chapter

128

4.6K 91 128
By heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

"What do you think?" I asked as Carter looked around his new room.

"How do you have so much money?" He asked then plopped onto the bed. "I'm the owner of a big company." I said as Juniper fussed.

"What?" I asked and looked at her. "She's probably hungry." Jenna said causing me to sigh.

"Can we wait until all of your siblings are settled in?" I asked and looked at the baby on my hip.

She had a blank expression on her face which led me to believe that I could finish what I was doing.

I didn't really have any idea on how to take care of a baby but talking to her like she was an adult seemed to be working.

"Great. Next stop, your room." I said to Jenna and turned to go into the next room over.

"This is perfect." Jenna said with a small smile. I think she was grateful that she didn't have to share with her brother.

I never had a sister but I would assume sharing a room with a growing boy was probably far from fun.

"I'm glad you like it." I said then sighed. "Let me or the guys know if you need anything." I said then went to leave the room with Juniper.

"When are you going to tell us?" Jenna asked, causing me to stop. "Tell you what?" I asked and turned to her.

"That Jule is dead, too." She said with a bland tone. I knew it bothered her, but she was trying to not show it.

Classic Julia move.

"She's not dead. She is injured though, and I don't know when she'll get better." I said with a sigh. I didn't want to tell her about all of this, but she was mature and smart.

She knew something was up.

"What happened?" She asked as I shook my head. "Don't worry about it. Just stay patient until she wakes up. She'll be happy to see you." I said then turned and left the room.

Now that I was alone with just Juniper, I knew I needed to feed her.

"That's fucking weird." Kat said as I walked into the kitchen. "What is?" I asked blandly, going towards the fridge.

"You with a baby on your hip." She said then took a bite of the rice in the bowl in front of her. "Yeah, well get used to it." I said and grabbed a jar of applesauce. "Where's Jules?" She asked as I sighed.

"At the office. You should go visit her." I said and grabbed a spoon. "Why aren't you there with her?" She asked, causing my heart to seize slightly. I wanted nothing more than to be with her right now.

"I wanted to get the kids situated." I said then sat down, putting Juniper on my lap. "Daddy Brock is here to stay." Kat said as I rolled my eyes.

"It's the least I can do for Julia." I mumbled as Stas and Devyn came into the room. "Oh my god! Look at how cute she is!" Devyn squealed as she came over to me.

"She looks like a baby version of Jules!" Stas said with a smile, brushing her finger on Juniper's cheek.

Juniper smiled and looked up at the girls with bright eyes, which was actually so adorable.

"Will you guys watch her while I go back to the office?" I asked as the girls' faces lit up. "Yes, oh my god." Stas said as I fed Juniper a spoonful of applesauce.

"What's with the excitement?" Tara asked as she and Jake came into the room.

"Look at Julia's sister. She's so cute." Devyn said as Tara's lip curled in disgust.

"Ew." She and Jake said at the same time. "Harsh." Kat said with a laugh. "They don't like kids." I said as Jake chuckled.

"And you do?" He asked as I shrugged. "Not usually." I said then handed Juniper off to Devyn.

As soon as I did this, Juniper started to whimper and look at me with a pouted lip.

"Aw, she loves you." Stas said as I sighed. "I mean, she hasn't been taken care of by an adult in a long time. She also probably has some abandonment issues." I said then took her back from Devyn.

"Their mom really just abandoned them?" Kat asked as I nodded. "Yeah. That's why Julia needs to wake up." I said quietly then stood up and started bouncing the baby.

"What are the chances?" Kat asked quietly. "Small." I said then looked at Juniper.

"Okay. I need you to hang out with these girls. I can't hold you all day." I said causing Devyn to laugh.

"You can't talk to her like that." She said causing me to scrunch my brow with confusion. "Like what? A human?" I asked as she nodded.

"Yeah, she's a baby. You have to be sweet and gentle." She said causing me to raise my brows. "Who was she wanting to hang out with?" I asked with a chuckle.

"That's true." Tara said as I tried to hand Juniper off again. This time she let it happen and looked up at Devyn cautiously.

"See? Talking to her like an adult works." I said then grabbed my keys from my pocket. "Kat, are you coming?" I asked as she nodded.

"Yeah, I'm going." She said and walked up to me. "Watch the kids, get them anything they may need or want." I said to the others.

"Got it, boss." Jake said as Kat and I left. "So, how are you feeling?" Kat asked as I shook my head.

"I'm falling apart internally." I said and walked to the car.

"When you say her chances are small...how small?" She asked timidly. "She has 3 days to make progress before there's nothing we can do." I said, hating the words that were coming out of my mouth.

"What exactly happened?" Kat asked as I started driving. "Her dad was going to kill me but Julia jumped in front of the bullet." I said causing her to gasp.

"She lost so much blood and now her lungs aren't working on their own." I said quietly. "I can't believe she did that." Kat said as I nodded.

"Tell me about it." I said "I wish I could go back and not let her do it." I said and kept my eyes on the road.

"Then you'd be dead." She said as I nodded. "Being dead would feel better than the pain and guilt I'm feeling right now." I mumbled.

"She did it because she loves you." Kat said as I nodded.

I knew Julia loved me but I never expected her to take a bullet for me.

The poor girl hated guns and I made her be around them constantly. She was scared of them and still jumped in from of one for me.

I wish she didn't.

We stopped and grabbed some flowers before going to the office.

"Oh, Jules." Kat said and walked up to the bed. "We brought you some flowers, sweetheart. You just have to open your eyes to see them." I said and put the flowers on the table next to her bed.

"They're really pretty." Kat said and took her hand. "Your siblings are here. The girls are obsessed with Juniper." Kat said quietly.

"I think you would get a kick out of Colby taking care of them. It's so out of his element." She said with a laugh and looked at me.

"He misses you, so you gotta wake up for him." She said then looked back at Julia.

"My sadness is gonna start infecting people soon." I said and walked to the other side of the bed, taking Julia's other hand.

I looked at the rose that was tattooed on her wrist. It wasn't even fully healed yet it was so new.

It was only a couple weeks ago that we were sitting in the tattoo shop, getting her the tattoos she wanted.

The smile on her face was infectious. The way her cheeks pulled up to reveal the little dimples on each side of her mouth.

I wanted to go back to when that smile was here, instead of the permanent frown on her face now.

She looked so uncomfortable, the way the tube in her mouth stretched her skin. She was pale and unresponsive, the rosiness of her cheeks gone.

It wasn't fair that this is where she was now, when only a couple weeks ago she was happy.

I thought when I took her on that trip to Portland it would be the last time I saw her.

I knew Quill would kill me.

That was the whole reason I took her to Portland, so she could have her last memories with me be fond.

I wanted my last moments with her to be filled with her bright giggles and infectious smile.

Now my last moments with her would look like this.

Her laid in a hospital bed, looking like she was going to slip away at any moment.

I would have done anything to go back in time to avoid this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 1K 32
Colby Brock, famous Viner turned YouTube Star. Best friends with Sam Golbach. Known for being the 'emo' one of the duo. Paranormal investigator. Canc...
25.5K 197 37
A collection of Sam and Colby imagines (and friends) with the reader! Requests are open, please look at my rules before you send one in! CURRENTLY E...
784K 18.1K 53
One car crash, with two unexpected strangers, that turns their entire lives, upside down. ❀ However it had saved her life Consists of triggering...
766K 19.3K 113
MATURE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR TOO YOUNG Sequel to Addicted. I'll fill this part out later bc as usual, I just don't know yet. Hope you e...