Juicebox - Shinsou Hitoshi X...

بواسطة Sir-Pathetic

(I DO NOT OWN THE COVER PICTURE, Credit to Raven-by-the-sea on DeviantArt) The world is unfair. It's always b... المزيد

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
announcement!!!!!!!
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Twenty-Seven

1.1K 47 43
بواسطة Sir-Pathetic

why am I just so into writing recently wtf !!! ANYWAY, like I said I fucking hate fight scenes soooo sorry if they suck :PPP el oh el

also just saying this is over seven thousand words. OOPSIE!

Song: The Cave by Mumford and Sons

"Holy shit... this is crazy." I breathe out, watching the flames from the arena burst and flicker into the air, they dance and match the buzzing of the audience who were standing and jumping, fists pumping in the air. Their throats going raw from passion-filled cheers. 

"We're gonna be fighting in there," Denki mutters, which I could barely make out over the eruption of enthusiasm surrounding me.

Now in the arena, made of cement all thanks to a certain pro hero, there was a new stage, built for the battles. It was like some form of a boxing ring but there were no sides to it. And someone had a brilliant idea to have flames blasting from the corners. 

"The finals that you've all been waiting for are finally starting! Match number one !"

All of the monitors showing Present Mic's overly eager face flash to a picture of Midoriya and Hitoshi. I bit back a laugh, Hitoshi was scratching at the back of his neck, looking unimpressed. Deep bags under his eyes, muted expression, and bitter irises. Midoriya's photo, however, looked like he was about to shit his pants. 

"From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya!" 

My classmate strides out onto the field from one of the entrances down below.

"Versus-- Sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out yet! From general studies, it's Hitoshi Shinsou!"

My attention is captivated by the purple-haired boy, his eyes were locked in on Midoriya. From here I could feel the growing hunger, hatred, and determination. I was so frustrated with him and how he's been acting, how he has been treating me-- and yet here I am already holding my breath and crossing my fingers. I'm pathetic. 

"The rules are simple. Force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilize them! You can also win by making your opponent say, "I give up!" Bring on the injuries! Because we've got our very own Recovery Girl waiting on standby!"

They meet on opposite ends of the cement platform, the fire dazzles them with it's light, creating shadows and luminescence to dance over their features.

"Put your morals and ethics aside for a moment! But of course, anything life-threatening is crap! It's not allowed! Heroes should only use their fists to catch villains!"

I wait in anticipation, I could see Hitoshi's mouth moving but there wasn't any way I could make out a damn thing he would be saying.

"I wish we could hear them." Pouted Denki, standing up beside me now to get a better view. We stood in the stands, watching below as if they were little ants we put in a bucket to see what would happen.

"REAADYYYYY?" Present Mic screams, "STARRRRTTTT!"

Hitoshi kept yammering on, I knew what his plan was. As soon as Midoriya began to move I knew he was putty in Hitoshi's hands, I could see the green-haired boy's lips move and then- nothing. My classmate stood there, unmoving, just standing. Hitoshi had won, all he needed to do now was command Midoriya out of bounds and the victory was all his. 

"Yes!" I whisper cheered, Denki gave me an amused smile, "Way to show your support for your class Y/n." He says raising his eyebrows. I slap at his arm, "Shut up, this is a big deal for Hitoshi."

Why should I care so much? Why am I so fucking happy, I should be resentful and scream boo. But I just couldn't bring myself to.  My heartbeat quickened when I see Midoriya start to turn around and make a slow walk back, toward the boundary line. 

Yes. 

Midoriya looked lifeless, zombie-like as he stalked closer and closer to the edge of the cement arena.

His foot hovered over the line, I felt every muscle in my body stiffen and then, a burst of wind appears, Hitoshi lifted his arm to protect his face, it was enough to make him stumble back a bit. My heart drops to the pit of my stomach when Midoriya gasps. He snapped out of the brainwashing. No. NO!

Hitoshi was not happy, to say the least. With clenched fists he began to yap on, I could see his lips moving trying to gain a response from Midoriya, but the freckled boy had figured it out. He would not give Hitoshi a response. He started moving back toward Hitoshi.

I could see the desperation on Hitoshi's face, he was grasping at straws, panicking. He didn't think someone could break through this, it was clear by the look on his face. I didn't think anyone could either honestly...

Midoriya shoves Hitoshi, starting to run and push my best friend toward the boundary line, Hitoshi reels his arm back, punching Midoriya in the face. It doesn't stop my classmate, he keeps pushing Hitoshi back.

"MOVE HITOSHI, HIT HIM AGAIN!" I feel myself yell, it just mixes in with the crowd around me. My hands grip my shirt, my eyes not leaving the scene unfolding before me.
I want to help him, I want to be there and protect him like I always have. I want to save him from this, from everyone's watchful gaze and Midoriya battling him. Hitoshi is losing.

Hitoshi punches at Midoriya's bruised beyond-belief fingers, making the boy release Hitoshi with that hand from the surprise of the pain. Hitoshi shoves Midoriya aside, letting him stumble forward by himself.

The purple-haired teen launches at Midoriya, grabbing his head with one hand and his chest with the other, trying to shove Midoriya out of bounds.

I watch in horror when Midoriya grabs Hitoshi's forearm and front of the blue sports shirt, throwing him over his head and letting the boy land on his back.  I cover my mouth, my heartbeat pounding in my ears, begging for its escape. It wanted to crawl up my throat and exit my body. 

"Y/n?" Denki says, placing a hand on my shoulder. I don't respond to him, I can't.

"Shinsou is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to round two!"

The cheers that came from the audience were mocking. It sounded sardonic with every whoop and scream of victory that reached my ears. It all sounded muddled and swirled together in its own tornado. I swore I could hear the laughter of Hitoshi's failure. 

Suddenly I was back in Elementary and Middle school, hiding things that would hurt him and cleaning his desk off before class. Getting into arguments with people, cleaning his wounds and avoiding hallways.

Hitoshi had not won, and it felt like everyone wanted to make a point of that, ridicule my best friend with the taunting knowledge that everything he had worked so hard for had meant nothing. He had worked harder than everyone I've ever known and I would not let him leave this arena with the suffocating reality.

I started to push through people, and moved closer to the front of the stands, unapologetically stepping on people's feet and knocking a few over.

Hitoshi was making his dejected walk back, fists clenching and stiff-muscled, not daring to look anyone in the eye or look back behind him at Midoriya. 

I almost ran into the railing I was moving so fast. I stopped myself, cupping my hands around my mouth and shrieking,

"YOU WERE FUCKING INCREDIBLE HITOSHI!"

The people beside me joined in,

"You were really cool, Shinsou!"

"Good job!"

Hitoshi stopped in his tracks and looked up, his eyes no longer carrying his fatigue, but genuine shock. He looked up at me and the people next to me.

"I was really surprised!"

"You're the star of general studies!"

These weren't even directed to me, and I think I may start bawling.

"You put up a great fight against the guy who placed first in the obstacle course!"

The praise was foreign to Hitoshi, hearing it come from someone other than me. I look around at the people beside me, baffled. They could see the greatness that I did, they could see how perfect he is for becoming a hero. They could see how I saw him.

Even pro heroes were talking about him.

I watched Hitoshi look back to Midoriya, uttering a few words before heading back through the entrance he came from. Without thinking, I start heading for the way indoors. I had to see him. I had to.

I entered the building, racing through the white and blue halls, I turn a corner and immediately collide with something. 

"Jesus fuck Y/n." 

I stumble back, rubbing my head. I look up to see the boy I had run inside for.

"H-Hitoshi you were fucking amazing!" I blurt out, grabbing his hands in my own, "You did so fucking well, holy shit!"

He stares down at me, before shutting his eyes tight furrowing his eyebrows, "I didn't fucking win."

"Who cares!?"

"I CARE!"

"Hitoshi," I frown, giving his hands a squeeze. They were warm and slicked with sweat but I didn't mind, "You were still noticed by so many pro heroes, they are dying to know more about your quirk and those people! They think you're incredible and-"

"It doesn't matter! None of it fucking matters." Hitoshi takes his hands from mine and punches the wall, over and over again until his knuckles are blue and purple. He huffs, raggedly breathing and glaring at the abused wall in front of him. I do nothing but watch him.

"Why did you want to win so badly?" I whisper, "What the fuck is this all about?"

Hitoshi swallows hard, "If I won there was a chance I could...I could be in the hero course."

My eyes widen, "Wh-What..?"

"But now that's not gonna fucking happen!"

"Is that why you've been acting this way?" I furrow my eyebrows, "Hitoshi why didn't you tell me."

"Because I wanted to do it on my goddamn own, Y/n. You have protected me and helped me since day one," He straightens his back, turning to look at me, "and I'm grateful, but I'm not a kid anymore."

I take a deep breath, not daring to utter a word as I watch his eyes scan over my face trying to grab at the sentences he's thinking of. 

"I'm stronger. I'm older. I wanted to train on my own and show you and myself that I can do this and win something. I wanted to get into the hero course because of ME. Not you, not anyone, ME."

His fingers twitch a bit before drawing closer to my hands, "I'm sorry I've made you upset. And I know you're pissed off at me and I've been a dickhead." He rubs the backs of my hands with his thumbs, small circles tracing into the flesh. 

"You're right to be upset. And I'm sincerely sorry. I am just tired of letting you do all the work." He steps a bit closer to me, tilting his head down, I can feel his breath fan over my face. I look up at him, my eyes never leaving his. They're awake for once, though the purple sunken skin under his eyes would beg to differ. But they're alive, seeing me, understanding me. 

I feel like I'm swimming in his eyes once again, in a sea of purple, no longer drowning in the crashing indigo waves. They envelop me and help me float.

"You are always trying to play hero and protect me, but I don't need protecting anymore. For once just..." I can feel the quiver of his breath,

"Just let me be YOUR hero."

I couldn't help my mouth from opening a bit from shock, I felt my heartbeat back in my ears and the skin on my cheeks burning, travelling its warmth to the tips of my ears and the back of my neck.

"H-Hitoshi..."

"I don't want you to see me as a kid." He removes one of his hands from mine, moving a strand of hair behind my ear, "I'm tired of you looking at me like someone who needs saving. Who the hell is going to save you if you're busy saving everyone else around you Y/n?"

The brush of his fingertips ghosting my skin made shivers crawl down my spine, growing self-conscious of how loud my heart is being. I couldn't even come up with any words, they stayed in the back of my throat and would not leave my mouth.

His eyes grew lidded, attractive, "Will you let me save you?"

My heart practically exploded in my chest, I felt as if I would melt into a puddle, turn to mush and become a part of the violet waters. The anger and all the sadness that had built their walls up in my head began to crumble from his words and the warmth of both his palms now cupped my face. 

"Will you?"

"Please," I whispered out, pushing forward so my lips locked with his. I hated myself for becoming so easily swayed, for forgiving him in a blink of an eye. He had punched a wall till his knuckles resembled a painting of a night sky and I am here kissing him. He punched a hole through my heart, and yet my mind is cured, clear of any ill thoughts I've had of Hitoshi.

He was clearly as inexperienced as I was, our kiss was messy and meaningful. It was a hopeful kiss made happen by two teens that are trying their best. We pull back, our faces still inches apart. 

Some part of me realizes what just happened and jumped back covering my face with my hands, the fire on my flesh not subsiding. I turn away from him, "I can't believe we just did that."

"Yeah..." He said, sounding in disbelief as well. I peek through my fingers, turning my head to look at him. He leaned himself against a wall, hand over his heart and eyes big, blinking rapidly. There was a light pink to his cheeks.

"Well, did you like it?" I mumbled.

"Yeah, I did. Did uh, did you?"

"Yeah," I say, letting my hands fall.

"So, what does this mean for us?"

What DID this mean for us? Would we be dating? Was this a one-time thing? Are we friends that just kiss??? Would he WANT to be with me? What the fuck is happening. 

"My brain feels like it's being torn in two." I groan, pushing my back to the wall and sliding down on it until I feel the cold and dirty floor on my bum. I let my legs sprawl out in front of me.

"I hate you, I like you, you hate me, you like me. It's all so confusing Hitoshi and I can't keep up." Tears prickle at my eyes, "I don't want you to start hating me again." I couldn't help but sniffle, I wipe my eyes with the back of my arm. Hitoshi slowly comes to greet me on the floor, sitting beside me.

"I won't... I won't hate you. I never have."

"It sure fuckin' feels like it," I mutter, shooting a meaningless glare his way. "If we...hypothetically, BECOME a c-couple," I clear my throat, "Then I don't think I could handle you changing your idea of me all the time."

He slowly takes my hand in his, I could feel the warmth of his injuries start to spread on his knuckles, "I won't. I promise you Y/n, I am never going to hurt you again. I won't take anything out on you ever."

"Can I trust you?" I squint my eyes at him, he has a small smile tugging at his lips, "That's a stupid question, of course, you can."

I start smiling back at him, it was a dumb question.  

"How about," He draws in a breath, "We sort our shit out after the sports festival." He leans his head back on the wall, letting out a small yawn and staring off in front of him, "You already have your battle to think about."

I smile, "That would be nice, thank you."

He gives me a Cheshire smile, eyes lidded with new drowsiness. They made me feel tired myself until it hit me. I slap a hand to my forehead, "Shit! Sero's match! It's probably already started." I scramble to my feet, "Sorry Hitoshi, I have to go cheer on Sero! We'll talk later, promise Toshi!"

He waves me off with a limp hand, I walk backwards for a bit, staring at his still body, before turning around and booking toward the stadium.

Fuck I hope I didn't miss much.

______________

As much as I wanted to see my dear tape-filled friend, I couldn't. No, like I actually couldn't see. I stood, staring at the massive stadium-sized glacier with my jaw dropped to the floor.

"Just a hunch, but I think Sero lost," I commented, slowly seating myself down beside Kirishima, who was in as much shock as I was. The ice loomed over us, casting dark shadows over our side of the stands.

"You're tellin' me." Kirishima smiled wearily, "Poor man, he put up a decent fight though. No offence to him but I knew it would end like this."

I shake my head, "We all knew that. Not that I didn't have any faith in him, but Todoroki is powerful. He's a killing machine that boy."

"Where were you?" Kirishima questions me, nudging my side, "You disappeared after Hitoshi's fight."

My cheeks start to burn, remembering the kiss Hitoshi and I shared, "N-Nowhere. I was uhm, just grabbing a drink?"  Denki, now interested, leans forward with a smirk playing on his lips and eyebrows raised, "A drink? Is that drink called Hitoshi Shinsou?"

I roll my eyes, "Oh absolutely, and if you play your cards right, I'll take a sip of you next." I joke, adding a playful wink towards my golden retriever friend. "I will play every card in my hand dear Y/n." He beams.

"You guys are going to make me get diabetes just watching this." Mina jabs in, stepping over the seats to squeeze into mine with me. More like sit on me, but tomato tomatoes. 

"Sero is immobilized! Todoroki advances to the second round!"

"There it is," Mina sighs, "Poor dude." We all nod in agreement, "Do you think if we got him ice cream to make him feel better he'd start having trauma flashbacks?"

Everyone looks at me in silence for a moment before bursting out laughing. "You are sick in the head Y/n." Mina slaps her leg, throwing her head back in laughter.

Instead of cheers like last time, everyone in the audience started screaming "Don't worry about it"

After Sero's match-- and a long clean up-- was Denki's. He was up against a girl from class B whose hair was made of plants. If fate was on my side I could have gotten her and completely obliterated her. We would be great on a team together for real.
Denki, lost horribly, trying to send a surge of electric energy her way and ending up coiled up and held in the air by the vines of her hair. I really hope I end up against her.

Next was Iida's match, which felt more like a product review from whatever the hell he was wearing on his back and his opponent kept throwing his way, and then simply she eliminated herself by stepping out of bounds. Claiming Iida for the victor.

And now here I stand, trying not to tremble as the massacre of cheering is all around me and bouncing off every surface it can. I stare at Aoyama who's posing for the cameras. I take deep breaths, wiggling my fingers and shaking out my body a bit. 

"Even though he's wearing a belt, he won't transform! From the hero course, it's Yuga Aoyama!"

"Versus, also from the hero course! The girl that blew yours and HER socks off, LITERALLY! Y/N L/N!!"

Aoyama will probably try to keep his distance, all I have to do is keep dodging that laser, just like I planned.  

"Now, why don't we get moving? Fifth match, START!"

The orb in the thick metal belt started to glow, the blonde put his hands behind his head and curved his back, "The early bird gets the worm!"

I get in a ready stance and begin to roll, slide, and jump. Weaving and dodging every sparkling blue beam of the laser. I start running, dodging my head when needed and moving as fast as I could to be out of the way of his laser. Beads of sweat ran down me and my heartbeat sounded louder than the crowd and Present Mic combined. I didn't dare to blink or stop moving. Never stop moving. Don't stop. With each hip thrust, there was a new sparkling blue light I had to escape.

I couldn't help the smile on my face seeing when I saw Aoyama grow uncomfortable. His stomach's starting to hurt. He's starting to feel the twisting uncomfort his quirk grants him. He's overusing it. Good. Just keep dodging, just keep moving.

I started to move closer to him now, sliding beneath his strikes and jumping over it like a dangerous game of jump rope. 

Find the perfect moment. I searched for it and it came to me, he stopped, just for a few seconds. But those few seconds were enough for me. I race up to him, with a clenched fist I struck him so hard under the chin, launching his head upward with the motion and he fumbled back a bit. I quickly spun him around, he no longer faced me as I grabbed the back of his shirt, with a curdled scream escaping my throat, I lifted him up, turned around and threw him behind me with all my mind, releasing my quirk to his clothes and letting him blast off.

"Aoyama is out of bounds!"

I stare up at the blue of the sky, breathing heavily, each breath coming out sharp and exhaustion bubbling with them. 

"L/N's easy victory is indisputable!"

I raise both my fists up into the air with a toothy grin on my face. 

I walked back to where my friends were seated, well mainly just Mina and Kirishima. "You did AMAZING!" Mina launched at me with a hug, her arms wrapped tight around me and lifting my feet off the ground a bit. I let out a small laugh, "Thank you, I try."

"Truly manly out there L/N!" Kirishima smiled, standing up and patting my back roughly, adding a thumbs up with that.

"You moved as fast as light!" Mina says, now twirling us, "You were incredible!"

I laugh more, "Quit it, I'm gonna get dizzyyy!" I whined, tapping at the pink arms that tightly circle around me. She lets me land on my feet, "I'm sorry! I can't help it, I'm just so happy!" She clapped her hands together in pure delight. Her cheeky grin made me smile, even more, my cheeks hurt from how I couldn't stop. I sat myself down, Kirishima and Mina seating themselves as well. 

We watched the match between Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami, Tokoyami won. And I think, that means I'll be fighting him in my next match. The bird head boy was quite the mystery, he had a sentient being that he controlled, which was Dark Shadow. That much I gathered. I don't know how I'll even begin fighting against THAT thing. 

Next, was Kirishima's match, which ended in a draw from them both being incredibly powerful-with practically the same quirk. They both ended up knocked out on the ground and it was hard to say who fainted first.

And then, was Uraraka's and Bakugou's match. Which was disturbingly scary. The girl gave it her all, but she was no match for the aggressive passion and cruelty to Bakugou. Bakugou did not stop his wrath for anyone, and it was clear. But I could see he was just fighting, he wasn't gonna go easy on Uraraka just because she was a girl. Or wasn't physically as strong.  Which, is respectable in a way. I know I would have appreciated it.

Then, the second round began. Starting off with Midoriya and Todoroki, it was long and Todoroki surprisingly used the fireside of his quirk, which matched the power of his ice perfectly. Todoroki had won that one.

Iida was versus the plant lady, and he simply pushed her out of bounds, claiming victory once again.

Before I knew it I was facing off with Tokoyami.   And it was fucking terrifying.

"DARK SHADOW!" He yelled, releasing the dark ghostly creature from his chest. I yelped, trying to miss the zig-zagging creature headed toward me. I tore the sleeves of my top off, throwing them and letting them explode at the sentient being's face. It shrieks from the sudden attack, reeling back a bit and growing a tad smaller. My eyes light up. Of course, light. I need to explode more. 

I  am tearing my top to shreds. Throwing the torn cloths made from my top at the shadow. I couldn't really make out Tokoyami's expression, but I think he was scheming.  I took too long trying to throw another mini-explosion Tokoyami's way and ended up knocked to the cement floor. I gasp, feeling the hard impact beneath me. He doesn't give me a chance to scramble up onto my feet. He behinds to knock me around our platform like a hackysack.

I feel the scrapping of my elbows and bruises already beginning to form. I try to get back up onto my feet, and as the being raced towards me, I got my shoes planted on the ground and then I was flying through the air. I let my socks detonate, and blast me up, I dive towards Tokoyami, but I'm only met with the shadow creature. It snarls grimly and I'm knocked out of the air. I gasp trying to catch my breath as my body slams into the cold solid grey ground.  I feel the pain explode within me.

Struggling to get back up, I'm once again just a hackysack.

"COME ON Y/N!" I could hear the faint yells from Mina and Denki.

Come on, you have to do this. You need to. You need to win. You need to win. You worked so hard for this. I could feel the scorched skin of my feet and the throbbing pain travelling throughout my body. But I must push past this.  I can see Dark Shadow start to strike at me and I instinctively start rolling. I dodged. I jump to my burning and bubbling feet and start running. Dodging and weaving Dark Shadow's attacks on me. I get closer and closer to the bird-headed boy I was up against. His eyes grow wide. I made a jump towards him. Arms reached out, palms facing him. 

I feel Dark Shadow slam me down, I scream from the pain, it felt like my ribs had shattered. With my arms still outstretched, I scream my throat raw with tears filling my eyes from the piercing pain that my body experienced.

Tokoyami begins to command another attack, but the ground began to rumble, and he stumbles backwards a bit. The skin on my hands begins to tingle, it travels from the tips of my fingers to the ends of my toes. I felt fuzzy, ticklish and itchy all at the same time. And that's when the grass surrounding the arena blew up.

My eyes widened. As a grim light show happened, blinding the audience, shrinking down Dark Shadow and fueling the air with its smoke. Blooming and shielding the eyes from us. Tokoyami coughs and stumbles from the massive eruption.

My feet. My feet had been bare, I had run all around that grass with the flesh of my feet grazing it all. No way. No fucking way. I tried not to fester on it, holding my stomach with one arm I raced for Tokoyami. 

With a reel back of my arm I punched the teen right in his beak. He held it stumbling back further. I started to barrel into him, desperately shoving him back. He tried to shove back but I could feel how weak he was compared to me. Without Dark Shadow he was nothing. The entity had crawled back into Tokoyami, the lights of the explosion officially weakening him to a point of no return for today. And with one final shove from me, Tokoyami had stumbled out of bounds.

The clouds of smoke began to clear, everyone coughing and fanning the grey air around them. 
Some patches of grass remained of course.  And I couldn't help but fall to my knees, letting my tears fall with me. 

The crowd was silent, seeing me sitting on the floor of the cement platform and Tokoyami laying defeatedly outside of the white lines.

"Tokoyami is out of bounds! L/N wins!"

The crowd erupts much like the grassy floor around us had. Cheers coming from everyone for my success. I could have cried. Well- I was crying. I put one arm up, and the other remained to my ribs, both parts of my body feeling crushed.

I fell onto my back, panting and wheezing out air. After a few seconds, I struggled to stand up and made my way shakily out of the arena and headed towards Recovery Girls' office. This would mean I probably would miss out on Kirishima's battle between Bakugou, which made me feel so upset but I could, unfortunately, guess how that would end. Oh fuck, that means I'll be up against Bakugou.

Now, I wish I had lost, fainted, anything to avoid the merciless fight with the explosive blonde.

Recovery Girl kissed at my wounds, and I decided to skip out on the match after Kirishima's too, letting my body rest and letting Recovery Girls quirk work its magic on me.

______

I was in fact, no match for Bakugou. It seemed like every other match from him was nothing and he was completely intact, meanwhile, my whole body felt like death. It felt as though Hades was holding my hand and slowly letting me decay until I was dead enough to be brought to his own world.

So, when Bakugou charged at me and blasted an explosion at me from his palms, I was too tired to put up any fight. I was blown back like a tumbleweed in one of those old-timey cowboy movies and launched out of bounds. I slammed my fist to the floor, "FUCK!" I groaned.

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING TRY GRASS GIRL!" Bakugou snaps.

"SHUT UP BOMB BRAINS!" I whine, sitting myself up and rubbing the back of my head.

He flips me off and storms out of the arena before they even get a chance to announce the winners-- but it was blatantly obvious. I slowly get to my feet and drag my corpse of a body out of there. I limp my way to Recovery Girl's Office once again, pushing open the door, "Honey I'm hooomme." I hum out, flopping onto one of the vacant gurneys.

"Back so soon?" The old lady raises her eyebrow, "Should have expected such, that Bakugou kid seems to be taking everyone to hell and back."

I yawn, shifting up on the infirmary bed, "You're tellin' me."

The opaque glass doors open, in coming Hitoshi, his eyes land to me, "Jesus fuck."

"I know."

"The entire field."

"I KNOW!"

"It just went up."

"I KNOW!!" Hitoshi seats himself on the bed, creating a bit of a dip but I didn't mind, "How the fuck did that even happen- I didn't even know you could DO that." Genuine interest took over his blunt monotone voice.

I sat up a bit, "I think it was the cavalry battle, I was barefoot through that whole thing and the obstacle race."

"Why the fuck were you barefoot??? You were just dogs out?? Hot chilli's present??"

I snort, "Yep! It was the only way I could get ahead of people," I whine out, "Anywayyy, I was running all over the place in that grass so... I think I just exploded it. Like that."

"wow..." Hitoshi breathed out, staring at my face. He was analyzing me with those violet eyes of his. Scanning every emotion inflicting on my expression like he was some kind of robot, looking to see if my entrance was allowed.

"It was so cool." He commented, scratching the back of his neck, "YOU were so cool." I nudge at his side with my foot, "Look at you with all these compliments. Since when have you been so affectionate?"

He shoots me a sideways glare, "Don't push it."

I stick my tongue out at him, and we sit in comfortable silence, just enjoying the peaceful tension between each other. I couldn't help but think about the kissing, the hand holding and his breath. The way his breath felt, how I could smell the hint of mint from his skin.
We stayed like this until I was dragged out to the arena one final time, I was on a podium since I tied to third with Iida, but he didn't make his appearance. I was risen up into the world, the sun blinding me from its abrupt existence. 

The award ceremony was strange, Todorki got second and Bakugou was chained to a pole with a muzzle on. The paparazzi were held back behind a metal fence, capturing photos of us, shoving microphones as far as they will reach. It was uncomfortable being in such a spotlight. I just smiled weakly and waved. All Might gracefully-ish crash landed, and took a medal from Midnight, walking up to me.

"Young L/N, congratulations. You sure had us all blown away." I lowered my head, allowing the medallion to be placed upon me by the number 1 hero.

"Thank you, sir!" I smiled, feeling discomfort when his big muscular arms wrap around me into a squeeze, "You must train more on your physical ability, relying so much on your quirk could cause trouble." He gave me rough pats on my back making me cough. "Ah, thank you. I'll work on that." 
He releases me and carries on. I hold up the bronze medal in my hands, feeling its coolness and heaviness in my palm. A big number 3 was engraved, putting me and keeping me in the place I had deserved.

"Thirds not bad, not bad at all." I mumble to myself, a smile stretching across my face, "Top 3 sounds much better though."

I clutch the medal in my hands, the edges of it were sharp, but not enough to make the flesh of my fingers bleed out onto the bronze trophy.

With the award ceremony wrapping up, and a quick visit back to the classroom, it was time for home. As soon as I walked out of the school doors my eyes landed on the two familiar purple-haired adults. Hajime had two wrapped gifts hugged to his side under his arms and Mihoko was holding massive bundles of flowers. 

I made my way to them quirking an eyebrow, "Hey!" I greeted, "What're you doing here??"

"Y/N!!!" Mihoko wails, throwing her arms around me, the flowers in tow. I let out an oomph from the sudden impact. Hajime chuckles nervously, shifting his holds on the presents. Mihoko steps back with tears streaming down her face, "You were so good out there honey!" She cries on, eyes sparkling and smiling wide.

"Mom stop making a scene," grunted Hitoshi behind me, I looked over my shoulder to see him fiddling with the straps of his bag and making his way towards us. The sky was orange with clouds fading in and out, they looked perfectly fluffy. Everything felt warm and cozy despite the small bit of wind that brushed over us. Mihoko is quick to envelop Hitoshi in a tight hug. 

Which, I don't think the mama's boy minded one bit, despite his complaining whines. The sweet woman finally steps back, wiping her face with the back of her arm. 

"You both did amazing, I was watching the whole thing. Just incredible, you all blew me away." I'm starting to hear that a lot more, and the more I hear it the more it feels like a pun for my quirk. I let out a laugh, "Awhh thank you Mihoko!"

She holds out the bouquets, "Here! for you! And Hajime!" She whips her head to her husband who scrambles to hold out the presents. One tagged with my name and one with Hitoshi's.

Hitoshi and I take the flowers, admiring the beautiful white and pink petals of the roses along with the sweet aroma suffocating us in magnificence.

"Thank you so much." I smile, my heart squeezing from Mihoko and Hajime's thoughtfulness. Hitoshi and I politely take the gifts from Hajime's hands, Mihoko can barely contain her excitement, she was practically jumping and clapping her hands.

"Calm down darling, you're more excited than the kids." Hajime laughs in good fun at his wife. She could care less though. She watches us as we both unwrap our presents, awkwardly holding the flowers under our arms. I gasp, "Oh my god!"

In the small box lay a beautiful necklace with a matching pair of earrings. It was a silver chain, hanging from it was a coil of silver surrounding a gemstone shaped like a flower, holding it in its capture like a vine. The ears were dangly versions of the flower. The gem was a beautiful pinkish-orange that gleamed its beauty from the remaining sun.

"They're lovely..." I whisper, "Thank you!"

Hitoshi was speechless, staring into his box, he slowly lifts out a black textured-looking mask that looked to be hooked at the bottom of his mouth. He takes out what looks to be a collar as well and two pieces of paper.

"What...?"

"It's for your hero costume!" Mihoko blurts out, "The mask I mean. I'm sorry I snooped but I saw the design and I DIED for it!"

"Why the collar...?"

"A new cat." Hajime rubs the back of his head, wincing at the squeal from Mihoko. 

"And what's this??" He wiggles the pieces of paper.

Mihoko's smile was so wide, "YOU, my dear Hitoshi are going on a VERRRY relaxing PARENT FREE vacation this summer to a very popular attraction theme park! And you can bring a plus one! All expenses paid for!"

Hitoshi grins, "Thank you. Really thank you both so much."

Mihoko wraps him up again, peppering his face in kisses. I laugh at Hitoshi's whines once again. I couldn't help the pain in my heart when I realized my parents weren't here to greet me. Maybe they're waiting for me to get home. With Mihoko's arm slung around Hitoshi's shoulders, she chattily began to walk with us. She took over most of the conversation, which I didn't mind. She was complimenting the hell out of us, praising our efforts and saying how proud she is. 

She was such a great mom and wife. Hajime looked like he was falling in love all over again with every work uttering from Mihoko's mouth, which was just so cute to see. When we reached the Shinsou household I started to race toward my own home,

"I'll be right back!" I called to the Shinsou family, my grin widening when I reach my doorstep. I twisted the handle and opened the door, "I'M HOOOMME!" I called, which was a very unexpected thing for me to do in the quiet home of the L/Ns.

"Hey." Came from the couch, lazy and nonchalant. I walked further into the living room, the lights were off and my eyes began to adjust to the darkened atmosphere. My mom sat there, a look of disinterest on her face as she watched some sitcom. 

"Hey," I said, awkwardly standing in the room, hands gripping on the straps of my bag.

"Supper will be on soon, like an hour."

"Ok..."

I mumble staring at the woman before me, draped on the sofa, taking swigs of whatever alcohol bottle she cradled close to her.

"...So..."

"I told you supper will be on soon." She grunts.

"Ok..I just, well do you have anything to say to me?"

My mom furrows her eyebrows, finally looking up at me, "Yeah clean your room. Hitoshi cleaned it for you and it's already a disaster. AGAIN. You really need to start being more responsible."

My heart sunk to my stomach. "Ok..." I gulped, "Anything ELSE?"

"No?"

"Who didn't close the front fucking door?!" I heard my father yell, with the stomp of his boots hitting the floor. 

" Me! Sorry!"
 I call, not looking behind me. He came into the living room, "Shut it next time Y/n." He grumbles, walking past me.

"Is that seriously all you two have to say to me?"

"Y/n you're interrupting my show, what do you want? Just spit it out, darling."

I felt the anger bubble in me. I felt all the emotions I've held back towards them filling up inside of me ready to unleash. I wanted them to feel the hurt I felt, I wanted them to feel so horrible for me. I wanted to get so badly hurt that they would rush to my side and cry over me.

"You and your stupid show." My father enters again, hands on his hips, "You're driving up our bills with how much you watch this crap."

"Fuck off." Mom sneered, hugging the bottle closer to herself, "Like you don't fucking drive it up with all your stupid sports shows!"

"They are not stupid-"

"You guys are FUCKING ridiculous!" I choke out, they snap their heads to me. 

"EXCUSE ME?" My dad huffed out, crossing his arms, "You do NOT speak to me that way young lady."

I let out a laugh, "That's rich. I don't even have a fighting chance to win any of your attention. Do you know what I did today? I had a sports festival. LIVE. Broadcasted. Did ya know that? And guess what!? I won third place! YEAH! And you guys didn't even fucking bother to watch I bet, couldn't drive up the damn bills to see your DAUGHTER succeed in something could you!?" My voice cracks and I feel myself take my bag and swing it at the empty glass bottles that litter the coffee table. They shatter to the floor, glass shards flying up and clattering.

"I tried SO DAMN HARD. I was praying, PRAYING that maybe me winning something could make you focus on me for once instead of your stupid arguments." My voice raises and I swing my bag at a potted plant, I let the pot crush itself from its impact and the soil spill to the hard wooden floors.

"I'M FUCKING DONE!" I slammed my bag on the floor, breathing heavily, "I'm SICK of this silence and I'm SICK of not having PARENTS anymore!"

"Sweetheart..." My mom's voice trembles and she slowly stands up.

I tore the medal around my neck, throwing it at her and letting it hit her arm.

"FUCK THIS STUPID MEDAL! WHAT A DAMN JOKE!" I throw my head back and laugh, not funny laugh, mental hospital patient laugh.

I turn and storm out of the house, making sure to slam the door behind me.

Wouldn't want dad to be upset with an open door, would we?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

405K 16.4K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
165K 7.1K 23
Izuku Midoriya and Hitoshi Shinsou are two boys aiming to be heroes. At least, they used to. Izuku always wanted to be a hero. But being quirkless, h...
7.3K 383 29
Imagine being able to raise the dead. (y/n) doesn't have to imagine it, and neither do her disapproving classmates. Within the cruel confines of midd...
33.5K 1.1K 22
I couldn't help it anymore. Everyone is happier without me! No one cares about me besides my mom anyways. Why shouldn't I just disappear and let my...