Predatorβœ“

By KING_KHAREN

Life is poison, Life is pain, Life is hell, Life is such a shame. We are treated like meat, Like pieces of ha... More

COPYRIGHT:
CHARACTERS:
CHAPTER 1:
CHAPTER 2:
CHAPTER 3:
CHAPTER 4:
CHAPTER 5:
CHAPTER 6:
CHAPTER 7:
CHAPTER 8:
CHAPTER 9:
CHAPTER 10:
CHAPTER 11:
CHAPTER 12:
CHAPTER 13:
CHAPTER 14:
CHAPTER 15:
CHAPTER 16:
CHAPTER 17:
CHAPTER 18:
CHAPTER 19:
CHAPTER 20:
CHAPTER 21:
CHAPTER 22:
CHAPTER 23:
CHAPTER 24:
CHAPTER 25:
CHAPTER 26:
CHAPTER 27:
CHAPTER 28:
CHAPTER 29:
King And Queen...
CHAPTER 30:
CHAPTER 31:
CHAPTER 32:
CHAPTER 33:
CHAPTER 34:
CHAPTER 35:
CHAPTER 36:
CHAPTER 37:
CHAPTER 38:
CHAPTER 39:
CHAPTER 40:
CHAPTER 42:
CHAPTER 43:
CHAPTER 43:
CHAPTER 44:
CHAPTER 45:
CHAPTER 46:

CHAPTER 41:

208 6 1
By KING_KHAREN

June’s POV:

Time flew fast.

A little too fast if you ask me. Xander and I spent the whole morning together.

Ever since he told me about the trip, I had to force myself to be happy.

While we ate, he would try to bring up things that happened last night and I answered them to the best of my ability.

I had become way too attached to him or maybe it’s his protection and I would try to forget about the trip but one way or another, it would crawl into my head.

The only thing I had to look up for was the surprise he had planned for me.

That should be enough to sustain me. But curiosity might eat me up if he doesn’t come back soon.

All was going partially well when a slave boy came and informed Xander that it was time to go.

My heart began to ache.

It felt like I was witnessing him being sentenced to life imprisonment.

It was like we would never see each other again.

“h-how long are you leaving?” I just hoped it was an overnight trip and it won’t be the kind that I’ll never see again.

“Maybe a month?” he didn’t even look comfortable telling me.

Yep, it's official, I’m going to die!

This can’t be happening. For some odd reason, I felt like I couldn’t smile again.

“I’m kidding. If all goes well maybe a week” his knuckles brushed my cheek as I breathed out a sigh of relief.

That was manageable.

It was endurable. I could literally roll on the floor and beg him to stay.

I would do probably anything but it wasn’t his choice.

“Can you promise me something?” he dropped his playfulness and was suddenly serious.

He’s been nothing but sweet towards me and he hasn’t been too serious in a while but this is different. I nodded.

“please stay away from Layla” he gently pressed my shoulders and brushed it with his thumb.

I’ve always been afraid of her so he doesn’t have to worry about that.

There was something about her that made me shiver in fear but I couldn’t place my finger on what it was.

“I don’t trust her to look after my keys, talk more of…you” he pushed my hair behind my ears and a blush crept on my face.

“yes” I looked down at my feet.

His comment worked its way to my heart but maybe he just saw me as a pet too good to lose and not how I actually think of it.

Xander placed his hand on my chin and forced me to look him in the eye.

“say it seriously” I was lost in his beautiful eyes. I could tell an entire story by just looking into them.

If I don’t speak soon it’s going to be an awkward situation that I wouldn’t want to live to regret.

“y-yes I will” was all I could muster up.

“pardon me my prince but your father said it’s time for your departure” a slave boy said from the other side of the door and Xander groaned like a child.

“stay safe. If you ever feel alone, you can have Paloma or Willow; probably Seth will come spend time with you” Xander was reluctant when mentioning Seth’s name but anything or anyone is better than Layla and I agree.

He extended the handle and began to drag it towards the door.

“bye” I tried to smile but it wasn’t going to work like the first fake one I gave him when he said he had a surprise for me.

“yeah bye” was all he said before walking out the doors and there was an annoying silence that filled the room.

What am I going to do now?

……………………………..

It had been a total of seven hours since he left but it felt like it was seven months.

Is this how I’m going to be through-out this week?

I’m barely holding out my own today. Always checking the clock and waiting for this one week to be over.

The room has been really lonely since he left and it feels like a part of me is gone.

Paloma was with me a while ago and helped me forget about Xander a bit but she left and now he can’t get out of my head.

His face, his eyes, his hair.

All the little things about him I thought I wouldn’t miss, are what I’m missing now.

This is going to be the longest period of my life.

Deep down I wished he would walk through those doors with a smile on his face.

How he would scoop me in his arms and say how much he loves me and he doesn’t care about me being a human.

It’s only a miracle that is going to grant that wish.

Look at me daydreaming about something that would never happen.

Just because Xander doesn’t like Layla doesn’t mean he isn’t to other sophisticated vampire ladies out there.

He just hasn’t found his type.

The sudden knock on the door startled me. For a brief moment, I thought he was the one but I remembered he wouldn’t need to knock to enter his own room.

This was becoming too much for me mentally.

Paloma DID say she would be back to spend the night here so maybe she was the one.

I huffed and went to get the door but regret filled me when I saw Layla standing with three guards.

There was an absolute look of disgust and malice on her face that almost made me wet myself.

Gosh she looked really scary.

“seize her!'' Without letting the words sink in, the guards took me by my upper arm and roughly dragged me out.

What had I done?

When had I offended her? I tried to fight back but I wasn’t strong enough to fight an average human and talk more of vampire guards.

Where were they taking me?

What have I done?

Of all people, why me?

“let me go!” I screamed hoping someone; anyone would save me but the guards paid no attention to me.

I continued to beg but they wouldn’t budge.

“please I haven’t done anything!” I kept on screaming but the more I struggled, the more it hurt.

My body stopped struggling after a while and I noticed they were taking me to some place dark.

The hair on my skin stood while we approached…

The Dungeons!...

Paloma’s POV:

I’ve been having an odd feeling since I left my room.

Something didn’t sit right with me.

I’ve been walking about the castles’ corridors with Seth.

It feels nice to talk to him. Since the dance, we just had a certain connection.

I don’t know if that makes me sound like a love sick puppy but oh well.

“Is something the matter?” he gently tapped my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“I have a feeling that something’s off somehow” maybe I’ve been a bit paranoid since I heard about what happened to June on the balcony.

That must have been really traumatizing for her and it made me feel really sorry for her.

“Maybe it would be a good idea if we stayed with June” we turned around and walked in the direction of the princes’ room but paused at the sound of a loud scream.

Were my ears playing a prank on me? Fear washed over my features like a flood.

This wasn’t something to be taken lightly.

“d-did you h-hear that?” my voice was a bit shaky. Seth was just as surprised and scared as I was.

From what we’ve heard, it sounds like June.

Why were they looking for her and what had she done?

When we heard footsteps, we ‘hid’ behind one of the huge pillars.

It was just guard’s that were probably on patrol.

“We need to capture the other two humans that are close to June and take them to the dungeons. The lady’s orders” they spoke amongst themselves and split up.

I wish my lungs weren’t weighing a ton because I needed to breathe now more than ever!

What had June done to get into trouble? She isn’t that type. Why were we in trouble too?

What had we done to the lady?

I tried my best to think of situations where we would have offended her but nothing came to mind at all.

“what do we do?” I looked at Seth who was scared as I was at the moment.

“we have to split up and find help” was he serious?

Split up now?! This was probably the dumbest thing he had said today.

I looked at him with disbelief. Surely, he has to be joking.

“I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. If we stick together, who will call for help?” to be honest; he does have a point. And it wasn’t like we had a better or any option in that matter.

“We'll have to go back to Prince Xander’s room. Since they’ve already gone there, they won’t think of going there again” that was a good point.

Immediately we turned around, we were met with Layla and her guards.

“You guys are bad at hiding and making escape plans” my palms began to sweat as I felt like there wasn't any air anywhere at all.

The guards roughly took me and Seth and dragged us into the darkest and farthest part of the castle.

COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 107K 43
Elanor belongs to the Moon Mist pack and is happy going to school, anxiously waiting for her 18th birthday when she'll be able to finally turn into h...
3.2K 89 22
πŒπ€π‘π‹π„π˜ π–πˆππ‚π‡π„π’π“π„π‘ was constantly considered to be the burden, the mistake, and half-blood of the family. It took her sixteen years t...
4.8M 216K 76
HIGHEST RANK- #1 in Crush #2 in Paranormal For a moment he just sits there watching me with amused eyes, a smirk playing on his lips. Suddenly he st...
95.5K 2.4K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...