Midnight Memories (1D)

By 00risingsun00

Briella Sloanne is the most hated girl at her school. All the girls bully her in the locker rooms and hallway... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 36

3 1 0
By 00risingsun00

I dial Ryan's number for like the 13th time. I know the time zones are different. And she has school or whatever. Shit- speaking of school I should probably do some of the work they sent...

Anyways I sit on my bed with my legs crisscrossed and try calling Ryan again. 5 minutes later when she still doesn't answer I finally give up. I should probably make some more friends. I would always go to Ryan when something big happened. Or Joe. But usually it was about Joe. Now I have no one to tell about what happened with Zayn. I'd tell the guys but they already know since they helped plan it.

I lean back against the headboard and flip through the tv channels. I find some Italian version of Harry Potter and decide it's good enough. I trade my denim shorts for red and white flannel pajama pants, and my green tank top for a red one. I walk into the kitchen and microwave a bag of popcorn. I make a second bag for Niall and the other guys (mostly for Niall) and leave it on the counter.

I play with the remote for a little while trying to find the button for subtitles. I couldn't find it so I settled on watching Italian Harry Potter. It was Goblet of Fire though, which is my favorite, so I already knew most of the dialogue.

Towards the end of the movie Ryan finally calls me back.

Phone Conversation:

Briella: Ry! Finally! I've been trying to call you for hours!
Ryan: Sorry! I was helping mu-
Briella: *cutting her off* Yeah whatever- you'll never guess what happened!!
Ryan: Oh my god! Did the freaking pigs fly?!
(A/N: if anyone can guess the reference *it's from a musical* I'll give you a shoutout ;)
Briella: Haha, no- but I appreciate that reference. Zayn asked me out!
Ryan: Ugh finally! If he didn't do it soon I was gonna do it for him.
Briella: Wait- you knew??
Ryan: I knew from they day you guys met. It was pretty obvious you guys had feelings for each other. We all figured it was just a matter of time till you guys went out.
Briella: ...wait so you're saying he's liked me since we met- and you knew the whole time, and NEVER MENTIONED IT?! Ryan what the hell!?
Ryan: What?! He told me not too! Anyways it was pretty obvious- we all thought you knew.
Briella: Do you know me at all?
Ryan: Haha good point. Anyways- what'd you tell Zayn?
Briella: Yes.
Ryan: YAY! Oh my god I wish I was there to hug you right now!
Briella: *sadly* I wish you were here too. When do you get out of school?
Ryan: A few weeks. I'll be done in time to join you in America though.
Briella: That's great. Well- I gotta go. I'm very busy watching Italian Harry Potter, haha. Love y'a Ry!
Ryan: Haha, love y'a too! Oh- and tell Niall I said 'hi' would y'a?
Briella: Sure.
Ryan: Thanks- bye.
Briella: Bye.

End of Conversation

I hang up the phone and shove a handful of popcorn in my mouth, staring very intently at the screen. I hear the boys shoving each other in the door- everytime guys? Really? I ignore them and focus on the tv.

"Briella?!" I hear Liam shout.

"What?!" I shout back. A minute later Liam and Harry shove past each other into me and Zayn's room. Oh wait- I get the setup now.

"Watcha doin'?" Harry plops himself down next to me and takes a handful of popcorn.

"Hey!" I slap his hand, making him drop the popcorn all over the bed. "I made you a bag it's on the counter." I pick up the dropped pieces of popcorn and put them back in my bag as Harry and Liam race to the kitchen. I can hear them shouting at each other and decide to turn up the volume on the tv- even though I can't understand them anyways.

"What are you watching?" Liam asks walking on with the bag of popcorn- a mad looking Harry trailing behind him.

"Some Italian version of Harry Potter." I tell him, shoving more popcorn in my mouth.

"Ooh which one?" Harry asks, laying on his stomach on Zayn's bed next to Liam.

"Four. Where's everyone else?" I ask with a mouth full of popcorn.

"Niall and Louis are on the roof singing to the fans outside. Haven't heard from Zayn since he said you told him yes." Liam recalls.

"He told you..." I feel the guys staring at me but I stare intently at the tv screen.

"He did. We weren't totally sure if you'd say 'yes'." Liam tells me.

"Don't make this a big deal please." I look over to the guys. "I know everyone outside will probably make a huge fuss over it so just- play it down please?"

"Sure." Harry shoves more popcorn in his mouth. He then takes another handful and chucks it at Liam's head.

"What was that for?!" Liam throws a handful of popcorn back at Harry. Of course Harry chucks another handful back.

"Don't make me kick you out." I warn them without taking my eyes off the screen.

"Aww don't be a party pooper." Harry giggles at his joke, throwing popcorn at me.

My head snaps in his direction, and my eyes narrow at his head.

"I'm sorry!" Harry says, dropping the handful of popcorn on the floor and raising his hands above his head in surrender.

"That's strike two!" I tell him.

"For both of us or just Harry?" Liam asks defensively.

"Don't push it."

"Got it." Liam nods and looks back at the tv. "What even is this?"

"Have you never seen Harry Potter Liam?" I ask.

"Of course I have. But what is this?"

"It's the Italian version." I inform him- quite proudly.

"Why are you watching the Italian version?" Harry asks.

"Because that's what they had!" I yell in defense.

"Hello?!" Niall calls from the other room.

"We're in here!" Liam calls out to him. Niall's head appears in the doorway a second later.

"Hey we're gonn- is that Harry Potter?"

"Yup!" I shove another handful of popcorn into my mouth. "Watcha gonna do?"

"Oh yeah- Louis and I were gonna order pizza, do you guys want anything?" He asks.

"Get a cheese for me and Zayn, a half cheese/half pepperoni for you Niall- then a white pizza for Louis and Harry, and Hawaiian for Liam." I tell Niall, shoving more popcorn in my mouth. "Is that good?" I look over to Harry and Liam to see them nodding in agreement.

"How'd you know that?" Liam asks.

"I know my stuff." I turn the tv off. "I'm going up to the roof- I can't be stuck in here anymore."

"Zayn and Louis are up there now." Niall tells me as I leave the room.

"Okay, thanks." I grab a hair tie and twist my hair up into a messy bun. I walk down the hall to the elevator, and press the button for the roof. I don't bother pulling out my phone for the wait since it's only one floor up. The doors open and I walk out to see Louis and Zayn over by the railing- looking down at everyone below them.

I crouch close to the ground, and jump up, tapping Louis' shoulders, yelling "BOO!"

"AHHHH!" Louis screams. Zayn chuckles at him.

"Watcha doin up here?" Zayn asks me.

"I got sick of being stuck inside." I say, moving to the spot on the railing in between the two guys.

"Here." Zayn says, putting a pair of gold-rimmed sunglasses over my eyes. "Be careful or someone'll figure out who you are. You wanted to keep it a secret right?"

"Yeah- thanks." I say smiling at him. He smiles back of course. He's so cute when he smiles. I feel Louis staring at me so I turn away from Zayn quickly and lean over the edge of the building. "Woah- that's a lot of people-"

"Yeah. More by the hour." Louis leans on the rail next to me.

"What're you just watching them?" I ask.

"Yeah, pretty much. We'll sing to them every now and then but it's hard because they don't shut up so they can actually hear." He tells me.

"What's your schedule for tomorrow?" I ask them. Their concert is tomorrow night.

"Uhh rehearsals at 6:00, work out at 10:00, lunch break at noon- then rest until 4:30 when we have to leave for the concert. Then more rehearsals until 6:30- we'll then change and what not. Probably mess around in the garage for a bit. Then concert starts at 7:30." Zayn rattles off.

"Wow. Well- Niall ordered pizza and it should be here soon. I'm gonna go eat- if you guys want any. I can probably bring some up if you want." I tell them, backing away from the railing.

"Nah- we'll be down in a few." Zayn winks at me, smiling.

"Okay- well then, I'll see you there."

***************
Author's Note:

Hey guys! I'm SO sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm just so busy with school now and whatnot. Ik this chapter wasn't the best but y'all gotta start commenting ideas for me- I have absolutely no idea where this story is gonna go- and istg im gonna end up killing Zayn or some other shit like that if I don't start getting ideas. (Jk I would never kill Zayn but something bad will happen)

Anyways...

As always stay safe and happy and I'll see y'all later. Love y'a!! ;) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 286 24
"What?! Mom you can't do this! I'm so small!" I, Natalie Horan said in between of my cry. "Well your works aren't so small! Twelve year old girl neve...
5.8K 107 18
Destiny is really suprising...all this little things about this 5 girls on their stage growing up as popstars...meet the "blue Prints" the worlds big...
1.3K 49 25
The death of 13 year old Lindsey Tomlinson shook the town to the core, but mostly her brother Louis and best friend Tessa. She did anything and every...
940 3 46
Harry is 16 years old, almost 17 and has to start a new school in the middle of the schoolyear. Harry has a tough time fitting in. At every school he...