Wrath Of His Heart

By ekshaaa

3 lives interconnected together. One side has a childhood crush, while the other two are madly in love. When... More

Author's Note
Aesthetic
Chapter 1 Kissing And Clubbing
Chapter 2 And she said...
Chapter 3 Welcome To Brooklyn
Chapter 4 Memories Of My Beloved...
Chapter 5 Banquet And Dinner
Chapter 6 Sassiness Is My Second Name
Chapter 7 Chocking
Chapter 8 Love And ...
Chapter 9 Thunder
Chapter 10 Hysterical
Chapter 11 Truth Always Has A Past
Chapter 12 Coffees And Cupcakes
Chapter 13 I Am Sorry
Chapter 14 Why Only Me?
Chapter 15 After-care
Chapter 16 Broken Heart
Chapter 17 Good-Bye
Chapter 18 Misunderstanding
Chapter 19 Greece
Chapter 20 Be My Barbie
Chapter 21 Our First Kiss
Chapter 22 She Is My Wife
Chapter 23 Sorry Baby
Chapter 24 Answers
Chapter 25 Apologize
Chapter 26 It Hurts
Chapter 27 Colour Red
Chapter 28 Game Of Chess
Chapter 29 Rose And Thorns
Chapter 30 Push
Chapter 31 Girls Talk
Chapter 32 Family Dinner
Chapter 33 Ere
Chapter 34 Let's Break Up
Chapter 35 Divorce Him
Chapter 36 Hospital
Chapter 38 Anniversary
Chapter 39 You Broke Me
Chapter 40 Confrontation
Chapter 41 Tied Down
Chapter 42: She Left
Chapter 43 Girlfriend
Chapter 44 Confront
Chapter 45 Same like old times
Chapter 46 Ice-Cream
Chapter 47 Confession Period
Chapter 48: Final Punishment
Epilogue
Season 2- Wrath Of Her Heart
Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Please Come Back
Chapter 2: Her Heartbeat
Chapter 3: No More Pain
Chapter 4: Hurry Up
Chapter 5: Inspired You

Chapter 37 Truth

249 8 0
By ekshaaa

Cassandra's pov

I was lying on the hospital bed in silence except for the beeping sound of the machines. I remorse about everything that happened, how careless I was and vulnerable at his hands. I feel ashamed of myself. If not for Vincent, I am sure that idiot would have robbed my innocence.

Also, this morning I heard that he got out of the case by threatening Vincent and my Dad with Hazel's nudes, that is if I put a case against him, he will send the photos to the world. Also, the lawyer said we have to submit a medical report if we have to file a case against him. They were yet thinking of what to do next.

The door opens and in comes Mom with a glass of Avocado juice, my favourite, she hands it over to me and says "How are you feeling darling? Does your head hurt? Do you need anything else?"

"No Mom I am better now, though I feel discomfort at times when I think about that hideous act he did but everything is fine now. Mom, when will they discharge me? I am bored to death here."

Mom caress my head and places a kiss saying "Baby don't stress yourself, Vincent will look after everything, he told me that since you are doing fine they might discharge you tomorrow. I also heard that you refused to take up the medical test to prove Nolan guilty."

"Yes Mom, I don't want to take it up, it's of no use anyway, moreover he is blacking mailing using her photos" I say looking everywhere but her eyes.

"But why? It's a small procedure moreover don't worry about Hazels photos, they will find a way out" she pleads me and I say "Because it's of no use Mom."

"What do you mean by no use, Let's see, we will have our way past Hazel's photos I promise" she tells.

"Mom understand that he did nothing that could send him to jail, Vincent was there, he stopped it" I raise my voice since I could no longer take it.

"Stop it Cassandra, what's wrong with taking a test that could have even a single per cent of sending that bastard to the jail for what he did to you and Hazel?" she loses her patience at me and shouts.

I feel tears stinging my eyes and no longer could I keep the truth to myself, so I let loose my emotions when I yell "What do you want to prove to the world, that your daughter is a virgin? Even after being married for nearly a year, she is a virgin, or in the last 24 years of my life I never was laid, what Mom? What do you want? Tell me, you want those people to destroy my life more when they get to know that their plan is not working of getting us married, by not having a heir. These are the same people who wanted kids when we barely were 4 months into this relationship."

I start to sob when Mom comes to me and pulls me into a hug and questions "What is it darling? Is everything fine with you and Vincent, do we have to talk to him?"

"No Mom nothing is right, this marriage is not right, he is not right for me, I am not right for him, we both are doomed from the start, even before our story started we were over. So please do me a favour and let it be, please don't do anything, I beg you to be..." I was cut off when Vincent walks in and sees me crying.

"Merda baby, is everything fine? Does your head hurt? Why are you crying, Devo chiamare un medico?" he asks in concern holding my hands.
(merda= fuck; Devo chiamare un medico= shoul I call the doctor)

"Hmm what? I am fine it was a light headache, I am better now" I say and he pulls me into a hug and says "Forgive me, Cassandra, I can't do anything to the shithead, I feel like killing him with my own hands but you know baby, my hands are tied."

"It's fine Vincent, everything is good, don't worry" I say and a yawn escapes my mouth. He helps me lay down and sits down next to me when Mom excuses herself. Thankfully she keeps my secret with her.

Vincent's Pov

After that incident I brought Cassandra home, she was most of the time with me only, in the past 3 days I was home she didn't let me be far from her sight. She was scared as hell. Even the thought of Nolan being free now upsets her. She was like a cute little lost puppy following me everywhere. If I had to use the washroom she would sit on the bed and wait for me. If she had to take a shower, she would call out every 5 minutes to check if I am outside.

It was cute, she would snuggle close to me while sleeping also. After she came home, I tried as much as I can to stay close to her and help her out. I didn't go the work but Nick did manage well. Cassandra had her classes but for a week she chose online classes, for which I supported her completely.

Currently, she was attending her online classes. She closes her laptop, coming close to me sat on my lap throwing her hands around my torso "Vincent I am scared but I don't even want to sit at home due to his fear, I want to be normal once again, can you please help me?"

"Off course Cass, I will always help you no matter what, and about you getting bored you can start your normal life but I will assign a bodyguard, who will look after you." I said and she smiled at me.

"Also can we go out today and enjoy? You have been sulking in the house and hospital for the past 1 week, so why not go out for dinner?" I ask and she replies "Yes but I don't want to interact with people now, I want some peace and self-time or time with you."

With that said from her, we went on a date to a nearby restaurant, I booked the entire hotel for us both, she was quiet and timid the entire time but also looked sexy in that short body-fitting shimmering dress. We had a cocktail dinner and she talked a bit about her classes, I tried to talk about some things here and there but I could see her concentration was not completely on me.

(Cassandra's outfit)

Her eyes were red and puffy; she does not cry in front of me but I know she is hurt. "Cassie, baby do you blame me for everything that happened? Do you take me responsible for leaving you alone? I swear I came back just for you but I was late. I know it was my mistake to not trust you when you told me about him months ago. I hope one day you will forgive me."

"Why are you sorry Vincent, even I would have not believed myself if I was in your position, Hazel played it well that day, though I don't blame her for all this, some part of me knows it was my mistake to take part in someone's life, if not I had a say in Hazel's life, today I wouldn't be sitting like this."

"No baby don't blame yourself, what you did was right but Hazel didn't come clear nor we can blame her since he had her video, it was just his mistake" I say and pull her in for a tight hug, I take her chin in my hands and face her face towards me, she was staring into my eyes, her black orbs was like a magic that was drawing me, I was falling but could care less to get up.

I knew the day she landed in Brooklyn I was hers and she was mine, the love she killed 5 years ago leaving me behind, leaving our love story incomplete, I was awakened just by seeing her, I acted recklessly towards her, I was just furious at her for abandoning me, and she came back when I thought I was ready for the next phase of my life.

If I am frank to myself I knew I never loved Hazel or anyone else for that matter, as much as I love this girl her, but I could not possible wait for the love that went away, so Hazel was just a rebound.

I swear to god, if in altar it was Hazel and not Cassandra, I would dare not have been able to say yes to her, I literally wanted a court marriage where we were just to sign the papers, I knew I could never ever tell I DO to anyone except for my girl, even when I wanted to run away with Hazel, it was just my guilt eating me for giving her false hope and nothing more.

I was pulled out of my daze, when my girl calls me out "Vincent, what..." I pulled her in for a soft kiss, and she responds back in the same soft manner, I could feel tears from her eyes, as her cheeks were wet and a drop was on my hand, I pulled away from the kiss and whip her tears and say "What's wrong? You didn't like it? Does it feel like I am forcing you like Nolan, please don't feel that, it was pure lo..."

"No I loved it but it remained me of how I was calling out for you and you came for me, you came for me before you went to her, you choose me before her, I am happy that for once you choose me, not her." she said as her hugs me back.

"How could I not choose you baby, you are there for me, I could not leave you back when you are trying hard to take a step towards me when I am running from you, I am sorry I kissed her that day, I am sorry I felt it was her..." she cuts me off by saying "Don't be sorry when you don't mean it, Vincent, it hurts more than anything."

"Cassie I regretted it the minute I got back into my sense, I was losing my mind after her death, I regret even getting you drenched in rain with me, as well as blame you for all my mishaps, you know what I regret shouting at Mom that day but I can't because she was wrong, It was her insecurities not mine, I know my brother, I know you Cass, you can't do that to me, you can never do that to your Vincent right?" I said looking into that black orbs fearing that I might be wrong.

"What are you saying Vincent, I don't understand" she tells and I nod my head for a no and say "Why remise the past when the entire future is in front of us, lets us live for a better tomorrow than a sorry yesterday."

"Also Cassandra, can I have a dance with you?" I ask taking in her hands for which she nods, we dance for a slow song just like old days, when I wanted my angel, my Cassandra to be mine but I can't change the past but can sure make this my future because she is just mine now no Ryan nor Cole to snatch her away from me.

*****

Everything went on smoothly for the next few months. It was pure bliss, we were taking things slow, it was just a few kisses in between and a few make-out sessions but nothing more. She was attending her college and also started to work at a new hospital.

It was currently 11:30 pm at night. She is asleep next to me, it was our 1st wedding anniversary tomorrow and I wanted to wish her at 12 and gift her something precious. We also were hosting a grand party tomorrow, I hope everything goes well, but whom am I kidding to because the last 3 parties were a disaster and Cassandra was the most hurt in all along with Hazel.

If only I knew I would fuck that up to, to only see my precious crying for me to save her sanity, if only she would have let me wipe her tears. If I could control the damage that Hazel was doing in my life. If only that day didn't ever happen, fast forward 3 months she would not be lying lifeless on a hospital bed, only if she would ever forgiven me for everything I did in her life or I would never been this reckless and careless in life with my love for her, neither taking her for granted.

*****

Sorry guys for the delay in uploading the chapters, as I was busy with my exams, so to compensate for that I will upload a chapter tomorrow.

Until then show some love to this chapter, also would do you think will happen in the next 3 months? Who do you think he is referring to Haze or Cassandra? Also, that will be the final chapter until then do wait for other secrets to be revealed that made Cassandra and Vincent far apart 5 years ago.

Uploaded on 20/07/2023

Updated on 25/01/2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

578K 11.5K 60
Book 1 in The Life and Death Duet This is the story of a boy who didn't think he could ever love somebody and a girl who definitely didn't believe i...
26.8K 982 38
"Sometimes, when there are no given steps, you need to take the first ones." ~-~ Years have passed since Varian first met Cassandra. Life is going ok...
375 22 18
[Excerpt] I looked at the eyes of my lover, so beautiful, so bright. A tear dropped from those pretty eyes and rolled down my lover's face. We both a...
694 74 35
When all you can hear at night is screaming and seeing the cold pale faces of those you love, you try to escape and run away but you always come back...