New flame

By Victoria_Adeniji

★Featured on the @AmbassadorsNG's reading lists★ Being the only son of an affluent money laundering politici... More

Welcome!!!🔥
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Author's Note!🥰

Chapter 13

51 23 4
By Victoria_Adeniji

I couldn't make it to the gym studio today after training at school being among the school soccer team.

My day has been so easy to describe, not that stressful. Just two classes I attended in the morning and midday respectively, and after training with my teammates, I raced home, had plantain chips for lunch, and took a long nap.

Now with my apple MacBook air on my lap in the sunshade, I begin to download some of my course resources on my college learning management system.

The fronds of palm trees planted around the shade in our compound keep rustling as it's enriched by the cool breeze blowing while I am enjoying the fresh air.

It's high time I start studying to survive this last semester. I can't wait for this to end even though I had failed two courses in my 300 level.

All I just need is to resit and pass the two courses, try hard not to fail any of my 400level courses, defend my project, and graduate for once.

It's a hard task for me, isn't it?

Olivia joins me some minutes after, her oversized t-shirt and wig blowing away.

"Hey," She greets, staring intently at my PC as she comes behind me.

"Serious student," She adds teasingly, tickling my chest while I try to dodge her arms and she makes way to sit in front of me.

"You know, I have no choice," I express.

"Come on boy! It's almost over,"

Exactly, almost over and I can't wait.

"So how is it going about you taking over the hotel?" I inquired, glancing at her through my anti-blue ray glasses worn on my face.

"Well," She begins. "I'm starting with handling all marketing operations and revenues within the hotel," She explains and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Marketing director?" I marvel.

"You can say that again," She replies, moving her arms to boost.

I smile as I gently place my PC on the table and I veer to give her a big hug in her seat.

"I'm so happy for you, sis," I say, bending with my arms wrapped around her. "Congratulations," I add.

"Thank you, sweetie," She retorts as she draws my arms tight with her hands while I peck her cheek.

I can feel how lucky she is to be able to work in her major with no stress of job hunting.

Catching a glimpse of Karen with Maria holding a mob as they are heading towards the backyard makes me release my arms off Olivia.

The way they are chatting and laughing shows they get along satisfactorily.

"What time is it?" I ask Olivia, still looking at the two behind the wildflower lawns.

"7:10," She answers briefly.

That is almost time for dinner. Karen would have prepared the meal.

"I will be right back," I state, and I start heading in.

My nostrils are filled with the aroma of soup's savor the moment I entered the kitchen.

Sniffing continuously, I move close to the cabinet where a pair of Marmite chafing dishes are set.

I peep around to be sure no one is watching me before I open them. One pan contains peppersoup with catfish, steam emitting from it while the other is filled with some white rice.

I can't believe I'm gonna ruin this flavorful meal.

I reach for a container of table salt in the cupboard and sprinkle some into the soup, grinning.

I gently shake it to mix.

I close the chafers back, return the table salt and walk out of the kitchen, heading outside to the shade.

This gonna be fun.

Some minutes later, Olivia and I are being called for dinner. We go back in, and while I get on returning my laptop to my room, Olivia stays behind in the dining.

7:30 pm is dad's perfect time to eat dinner, so we lads have to join him that same time if we want to dine with him.

I wait upstairs for Karen to dish the meal before joining dad and Olivia.

"Hi dad," I greet dad, this is the first time laying my eyes on him today.

"Hey, son," He replies and I sit in front of him.

I begin to watch him lifting a spoon of rice which has been stirred with the pepper soup into his mouth.

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion as he is chewing it and while he can't it any longer, he spits them out on his food cover.

"Are you okay dad?" Olivia who hasn't touched her food as she is on her phone, asks.

My mouth is full of laughter and I dare not open it. I should keep quiet in this serious conversation.

"What nonsense is this?" He yells and wipes the crumbs from his lips with a tissue.

"What?" Olivia shrugs as she seems confused.

"You guys should taste the pepper soup," Dad answers and I clear my throat, trying hard not to burst into laughter.

Olivia grabs her spoon and sips some soup in her mouth, she spits out immediately.

"What the hell," She reacts, frowning her face.

I dare not sip it, knowing what a spicy salty soup would taste like.

"HM," Dad calls out in anger, while Olivia gets up to call the HM in her office, I guess.

"You should test it," Dad says to me, and huh huh sarcastically, not letting out a word.

Olivia comes back with the HM, Maria, and Karen. The threesome standing still in front of dad while my sister sits.

"What is this?" Dad asks, palming out.

"I do...not...know...what you are talking...about sir," The HM stammers in fear.

"Too much salt," Dad raises his voice. The HM faces Karen who hunches her shoulder, with her eyes wide open.

"I tasted it," She tries to defend, her hands shaking.

"So we are liars," Dad retorts.

"No, sir," She responds, tears welling up in her eyes as she seems nervous.

I finally burst out laughing as I can't hold it anymore while the rest look down on me.

"I'm sorry," I manage to say, still laughing.

"What's funny?" Dad growls at me.

I try to stop laughing and I reply to him.

"I just wonder while we would hire an inexperienced chef,"

"Please take these shit away from us," Olivia concludes and Karen starts to pack the dishes while dad and also Olivia get up to leave.

"I'm so sorry chief," The HM pleads.

"I won't mind preparing something, fast sir," Maria adds.

"Never mind Maria," I reply to her. "It's not your job. I will order a nice catfish pepper soup and white rice for us," I add.

Karen freezes immediately and glares at me.

I wink at her and she takes her eyes off me. Being a jerk sometimes is kind of fun.

Next time, she will never play smart with me.

I grab my phone and walk out to the porch. Leaning my elbows on the handrails, I order our dinner online.

While waiting for the delivery service, I eavesdrop on some voices from the HM office which is the first room to discover from the porch.

"We will talk about it tomorrow," I hear the HM says and I peep through her opened window and see her together with Karen, facing each other.

"It's getting late, you start going to your hostel," She adds, and Karen nods okay.

She has already changed to her casual mini gown and sandals, her backpack worn on her back.

Seeing her leaving the HM's office, I veer back and jump to sit on the handrails with my eyes facing the door entrance where Karen will pass.

She eventually passes after a short while, she Ignores me as she keeps walking out of the porch.

I jump down and turn around to watch her go.

"How do you feel tonight," My voice freezes her and she turns around to me. Her eyeballs glowing at me

"Oh! You think I don't know you put more salt in that soup," She says calming in a mature look.

"What are you talking about?" I chuckle a little.

"I am smarter than that," She explained. "I know what I cooked. But what can I do since it's your dad's mansion, you can do anything after all,"

I find that sarcastically that I have to fire back at her.

"Well, you can also do anything in your father's mansion in that neighborhood," I say, and in the twinkling of an eye, I encounter her palm landing on my face.

I hold my face immediately.

What the hell!

"What the hell?" I hear the HM repeating what is in my mind as she rushes out.

She must have been watching us through the window.

I could hear some sound echoing in my head with tears automatically welling up in my eyes.

I have never experienced this before in my entire life.

"Why would you do that?" The HM confronts.

"I...I...I," She stammers.

"Just go to wherever you came from," The Hm shut her up.

Still holding my face and I rush back in, straight to the kitchen to get some ice in the freezer and place them on my right damn cheek.

I think we need to start counting scores!

"Mike, the delivery service is here," I hear the HM say, and I turn around to her standing at the door.

"You can go set the table for the chief and Olivia," I reply and drop the remaining ice inside a bowl.

"Are you okay?" She questions,

"Of course, just let this be a secret between us," I answer her. "Good night," I add and pass her by.

I have had enough of today. Sleep is all I want now.

************************************

Hey guys, I hope you are enjoying reading my book. Please do not forget to click the star below to vote and also share your thoughts in the comment box. Thanks.

I would like to ask if non-Nigerians here have tasted peppersoup before.

Well, it is a spicy soup with a light, watery texture and I bet you would love it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
17.6K 4.5K 41
{COMPLETED} "This is the sequel to The Wrong Crowd." "I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."...
53.9K 13.9K 37
"Do you remember your highschool in Nigeria?" I asked. "Nigeria? No, I studied abroad!" "No! You were in Nigeria.Do you remember me?" "You? Am I supp...
117K 7.3K 81
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] 'Who knew me celebrating my sister's wedding to rejoice and enjoy the wedding jingles and all that nonsense will le...