Chaos (Colby Brock)

By heartlessbrock

The world can be a dangerous place with dangerous people. Julia White would soon learn to not trust people so... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
Not a chapter

76

7.8K 129 179
By heartlessbrock

"Aaaaaand done. Congratulations you're boot free." Nate said as he took my walking boot off for me.

"I don't have to keep wearing it?" I asked with excitement. "Nope. You're free to walk the earth now." Nate said as I giggled and hopped off of the table.

"It might be a little sore for a while but nothing you can't handle." He said as I took a step on it.

I had to admit it was kinda scary walking on my once broken leg but I trusted Nate when he said it was fixed.

"Uh." I said and held my hands out so he would take them. "What?" Nate asked with confusion.

"Just a little nervous." I said then took a step in my left foot, holding onto his hands for support.

"I get that, take all the time you need." He said with a reassuring smile.

I nodded then took a couple steps, holding his hands tightly before I felt confident enough to walk without his hands.

"There ya go." Nate encouraged. "It feels weird." I said with a laugh then shook my left foot a little bit.

"Yeah you haven't really walked on it in over a month. It's probably gonna feel weird for a couple of days." He said as I sat down.

"So avoid wearing heals for a couple of days and try not to run." He explained. "You got it." I said then stood up.

"Is Colby here?" I asked as he shook his head. "He's on a job. Should be back soon though." He said as I stood up.

"Okay, I'm gonna sit in his office if that's okay." I said and started for the door. "Sound scary to me but you do you." He said and held his hands up in defense.

I didn't know if it was a good idea or not but a little bit of scary Colby could be fun.

When I got to his office I sat in the chair I usually sat in them grabbed my coloring book and started to zone out.

I had no interest in snooping through his shit and I think he knew that. That's why he usually didn't care that I was in here.

I sat and colored for a while before the door was opening and Colby was coming in. He had a hard look on his face which he usually wore when he was around the gang.

"What are you doing in here?" He asked and went to sit at his desk. "I was waiting until you got back so I could show you this." I said then stood up and started walking towards him.

"No boot?" He asked and pushed his chair out so I could come sit on his lap.

"No leg prison." I said and sat down, wrapping my arms around his neck. "That's good news." He said then cupped my cheek and kissed me.

I felt myself relax into him as he swiped his tongue against my lip, asking for entrance. I obliged and moaned slightly, letting him deepen the kiss.

We made out for a second before there was a knock on the door.

"What?" Colby groaned and leaned his head back with annoyance.

"Uh...you have a call from Mr. Parker." Alex said as he opened the door. I felt my cheeks flaming up as Alex looked at us.

"Great. Leave the phone on the desk." Colby said and pointed to the desk in front of him.

Alex nodded and set the phone down before leaving the room and setting the phone on the desk.

"One second." Colby said then reached forwards and grabbed the phone.

"Mr. Parker." Colby said into the phone, letting his voice go harder than it previously was. "Yes...of course, sir. Right now? Okay. Absolutely. Bye." Colby said then sighed.

"I have to go." He said and set the phone down. "That's okay." I said and put my hand on his cheek. "I'm gonna take you home. I'll clear my schedule for tomorrow so we can spend all day together." He said as I stood up.

"That sounds good." I said and started to leave the room. "Are you gonna take a bath when you get home?" Colby asked as we walked down the hall.

"Are you saying I smell bad?" I asked causing him to laugh.

"No, I'm just saying we have a nice tub that you haven't been able to use yet." He said then opened the elevator.

"That's true. I am definitely going to do that." I said with a smile. "There's bath stuff in the cabinet under the sink." Colby said then unlocked his car.

"You're the best." I said then got in the car. "What kind of job are you doing?" I asked as he chuckled. "One that doesn't concern you." He said and started the car.

"Right. It never does." I said and looked out the window. "When it does, you know about it." He said and took my hand.

"Because someone is actively trying to kill me." I said and looked over at him.

"Unfortunately. It hasn't happened in a while though. I think people are scared of you." He said and focused on driving.

"Me?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah. You're a great shot and you haven't been at this for long at all. People know that if they cross you that they'll either get the wrath of me, or worse, they'll get the wrath of you." He said causing me to laugh.

"I think they're more afraid of you. I don't just go around wielding guns for fun." I said as he sighed, then looked in the rear view mirror.

"Someone is following us." He said and let go of my hand, stiffening slightly.

"Are they gonna try and kill us?" I asked and looked over at him.

"I don't know. Just stay down, I'm gonna try and lose them or detour them." He said as I nodded and slid down in my seat slightly.

I was trying to stay calm but didn't know how this situation was going to go.

"Call Sam." Colby said as he pushed a button on his car.

"Hey, man." Sam answered. "Hey, someone is following Jules and I." Colby said and focused on the person following us.

"I was about to do a job for Mr. Parker. I don't know if they caught wind of that." He explained.

"Okay wh-" Sam started but couldn't finish because the phone cut out.

"Shit." Colby hissed. "I'm just gonna try and lose them. I might have to take you on this job with me." Colby said with intensity.

"What?!" I asked in shock. "It's gonna be okay. Just stick with me here." He said and swerved to the left quickly.

I gasped and held onto the side of the car. "Thank fuck." Colby said as the displayed that Sam was calling.

"Sam." Colby answered, gripping onto the steering wheel tightly. "Where are you?" Sam asked as Colby took a sharp right turn, slamming my shoulder into the door.

"West 5th, going towards Ventura." Colby said as I looked behind us.

It was a black SUV with tinted windows that was following us. I was lucky they weren't shooting but I didn't know if it would stay that way.

"I'm on my way. Try to lose them." Sam said as Colby groaned. "I'm trying!" He growled and switched lanes.

We ended up driving for what felt like forever before Sam was finally able to blow their tires out.

"Thank God. You okay?" Colby asked and looked over at me. "Mhmm." I mumbled and picked at my nails nervously.

My heart was racing and I felt uneasy but nothing happened.

I needed to get over it.

"I'm gonna take you to my job but Sam is gonna take you home. I'm sorry this happened." Colby said quietly.

"Nothing happened." I said and looked out the window. "You know that's not true. I know you're scared, it's okay to be." Colby said and took my hand.

"I'm just glad they didn't shoot." I mumbled. "Yeah, me too." Colby said quietly.

We drove for a little while before we ended up in front of some sort of bar. "Just wait here, sweetheart. I'm gonna have Sam pull up right next to us." Colby said then got out of the car.

I sat there for a second before Sam pulled up next to us.

When I got out of the car Colby came over to me. "Be safe." I said quietly and looked up at him.

"I will. Enjoy your bath, sweetheart. Wish I could join you." He said causing me to grin.

"Next time." I said then went to kiss him. "Uh.." He said and took a step back, not letting me. "Oh." I said quietly as he put his hands in his pocket.

"I'll see you at home." He said then walked away. I tried to not get upset because he probably did that in case someone was watching.

He had to look intimidating and if he was soft around me it would look bad. I understood that.

It didn't hurt any less though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 6.8K 173
Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy.
9.9K 268 15
Holy shit, I read through this recently and my god it's bad. I'm so sorry 😂 I'm just gonna leave it here and cringe at my 2 years ago self. ***** Sa...
11.7K 123 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...
5.2K 95 20
Sam and Colby love exploring but things start to become more risky and complicated Finished 7.22.21