Lovebug

By faitenet

[ marinette dupain-cheng / ladybug x f. reader ] ˚₊·➳❥ You become the holder of the miraculous of the cat to... More

playlist!
I | Stoneheart; part¹
II | Stoneheart; part²
III | The Bubbler
IV | Stormy Weather
V | Copycat
VI | Lady Wifi
VII | The Evillustrator
VIII | Rogercop
IX | Horrificator
X | Princess Fragrance
XI | Gamer
XII | Volpina
XIII | The Collector
XIV | Prime Queen
XV | Despair Bear
XVI | Befana
XVIII | Gigantitan
XIX | Glaciator
XX | The Sapotis
XXI | Cheese Supplier
XXII | Captain Hardrock
XXIII | Zombizou
XXIV | Frozer
XXV | Red Claws
XXVI | Envy; part¹
XXVII | Envy; part²
Special | Halloween Party
XXVIII | Malediktator
Special | Merry Christmas!
XXIX | heroes day; part¹
XXX | heroes day; part²
XXXI | Animaestro
XXXII | Plantera
XXXIII | Weredad
XXXIV | Silencer
XXXV | Oni-Chan
XXXVI | Oblivio
XXXVII | Party Crasher

XVII | The Dark Owl

2.3K 113 18
By faitenet

The school bell rang and students packed up their stuff walking out the class. You walking by Nino, with Adrien on his other side. Nino went on and on about a online gaming battle and invited you and Adrien to play along with him. "Online gaming battle? I'm free!" Adrien said.

"Wait til you check out my weaponry! You wont stand a chance." He bragged. Mr. Damocles stood in front of Nino clapping his hands. "Come on, chop-chop, hurry along now!"

You groaned tiredly, you posture slouching a bit. "Sorry, Nino. I won't be able to make it. I've got to help my mom with something at home."

"Again? We haven't played all week!" You sighed, looking back at Mr. Damocles rushed to to close the door. "I know, but I'll play as I can."

"Okay... I guess it's just you and me Adrien." Nino looked at Adrien. Adrien lowered his brows with an offended look on his face. "You say that like it's a bad thing." You laughed sharing a mocking look with Adrien.

You waved at the two going separate ways. You immediately ran home putting all your school stuff away. "Seriously?! This guy again?" Plagg cried. "I know. I know, Plagg. We'll do something about him soon. Plagg, claws out!"

On the way to the park you ran into Ladybug, who of course was going the same way as you. You gave each other a tired look, without saying anything. Once you landed, you saw Mr. Damocles pathetic attempt at saving a cat stuck in the tree. The cat hiss and attacked Mr. Damocles causing them both to fall. You caught the cat while Ladybug got Mr Damocles. "Mr. Dam- uh, owl! This is the fifth time this week we've come to your rescue!"

You held the cat by your chest comfortingly, it really seem to like you. "You're gonna get yourself hurt one of these days! At least wear a helmet."

"But you don't wear a helmet!" Mr. Damocles pouted. The news station pulled by the park running out the car with cameras and microphones. "Mr. Owl, we've told you already, it's the same for us. We're real heroes." Ladybug told him.

You walked over to the mother and son handing them back their cat. "Thank you, Catwoman." The mother whispered. You gave her a small nod and smile before walking beside Ladybug. "With real superpowers and magic suits."

"I know, but since I was a little boy, I only ever dreamed of becoming a real superhero." One of the reporters shoved a mic by him while he talked. A couple firemen came to help Mr. Damocles get safely on the ground.

"Thanks for the advice from my good friends, Ladybug and Catwoman. I am certain I will do better next time." You and Ladybug both put your heads down, saddened that Mr. Damocles obviously took the advice the wrong way. "I will be reviewing my weaponry and training, because, whenever there's injustice, there's... The Owl! Hoo!" Mr. Damocles posed for the camera, then sprayed a strong cologne. "Owl mist!"

The camera followed Mr. Damocles as he ran away (even catching him trip over a bush). The camera turned back you you and Ladybug. "Any comments, Ladybug and Catwoman?"

"Err, you know, he's a great guy. But, to all the children of Paris, you mustn't copy him, okay?" You stood there awkwardly for a minute then nodded your head. "Ladybug's right. So, don't try this at home. Okay, kids?"

Later that day, you and Ladybug sat on the roof a building facing the Eiffel Tower. A real romantic view, you thought. It was beautiful; the orange-yellow colored sky from the sunset making it all the more better. But considering the circumstances of why you're sitting there, it takes away part of a romantic feeling, unfortunately.

"The principle, Mr. Damocles, has a good heart, but this is bound to end badly. And we can't spend all our time watching out for him, either." Ladybug yawned. "It's turning to a full-time job."

"Maybe we should tell him." You suggested. Ladybug looked at you confused. "Tell him? That'd probably break his heart. We should... how about we help him make his dream come true." Now you looked confused. "He said all he want was to be a hero, even if it was just for a one day."

You said her a small smile. "Thats right, but we could also just tell him." You repeated. Ladybug deadpanned you. "Cmon, I understand he wants to be a hero and all, but this is serious business, Ladybug. Sometimes you have to tell someone something exactly how it is for them to finally understand. Yes, he might be sad, but we need to protect the whole city of Paris, we can't waste time doing this stuff just for a grown man to complete his childhood dream, no matter how disappointing it would be for him. And possibly with a plan like that, he might react worse than if we had just told him. That's if the plan went wrong somehow..." You paused. "In the end, all that matters is that he and everyone else is safe and protected."

Ladybug looked guilty, agreeing with you without saying so. "But, if you really want to try this, we can do it."

"Just this once... and if it doesn't work, we'll just have to tell him to stop." You nodded.

"Okay, I'm always on your side, Ladybug." You put your hand over Ladybugs. She looked more relaxed now, scooting a little closer to you. "So do you have any ideas?"

"I might just have one..."

The next day after school, Mr. Damocles was once again rushing students out the school. Nino had asked about playing the online gaming battle. "Uh... sorry, Nino. But my mom said today's the last day she'll need my help!" You smiled. Both Adrien and Nino got excited that you'd all finally get to play together.

Ladybug sent you the address to go to. When you made it there, Alya was working on something on her computer. Ladybug knocked on the widow, getting Alya's attention. She immediately perked up. "Ladybug? Catwoman? Woah!" She smiled.

Ladybug walked in the room with you following behind her. "We need your help with something."
Alya bit her lip in excitement. "Anything for you heroes!" Ladybug told Alya the entire plan.

Alya picked up her phone dialing the schools office number. "Hello?" He answered.

"Is this The Owl?" Alya asked, making her voice deeper than normal.

"Who is this?! How do you know my secret identity?!"

You, Alya, and Ladybug giggled quietly. "I am Cardboard Girl, the supervillain! I've kidnapped Ladybug and Catwoman." Alya laughed evilly, then held the phone closer to you. "Help up, Owl!" Ladybug semi shouted. "Save us!"

"Release them immediately!" The Owl demanded. Alya laughed evilly again. "Never! And I'll never tell you that I'm holding them at the Place des Vosges square, either!"

"Ha, ha! You just gave yourself away, Cardboard Girl! Now you shall face the feathered fury of... The Owl!" The line went quiet. Alya hung up the phone smirking at you two. "So, how was I?"

"Nailed it." You gave her a thumbs up.

"Now you just need to put this on." Ladybug held up an obviously handmade cardboard suit. "Uh.. you sure about this... outfit?"

"Definitely." you and ladybug nodded.

Alya put on each piece of the cardboard fit, looking at her self after. "We should hurry to the park now." You said.

Ladybug held Alya, swinging with her. You stayed close behind just in case something happened. When you landed, you each quickly got into character.

"Oh, no! My earrings!" Ladybug covered her ears. You covered your finger with the ring on it. "Oh, darn! We're done!"

The Owl came and jumped on the bench nearby. "Hoo-hoo!"

"Owl!" You shouted.

"Owl Talon! Hoo-hoo!" The Owl shot his gun missing by a lot. The hook got stuck on a truck passing by, and dragged The Owl away. The Owl crashed into a trash can, knocking it down.

You sighed, rubbing towards him. "Mr. Damocles! Is everything okay?" Ladybug asked concerned.

"I am not Mr. Damocles! I am The Owl!" Mr. Damocles posed, but quickly backed down seeing everyone recording the interaction. "You've revealed my secret identity!" Mr. Damocles covered his eyes.

"We're sorry, Mr... Owl! We didn't mean to!"

"Don't take it the wrong way."

Mr. Damocles looked like he were about to cry. He ran away from everyone, tripping on a bench on the way out. "Oh, god." You whispered to yourself cringing.

"Sorry it was a bust. You were trying to do the right thing." Alya handed Ladybug the box of fake miraculous to her. "Yeah. Now we have to hope no one hears about it."

But, of course, it were all over the news. Every news station played clips of The Owl, and the video where his identity was revealed. Ladybug asked if she could meet you a while after the situation happened. So, here you were on the same building roof sitting with Ladybug. It was dusk, the sun was just beginning to set.

"You were right. We should've just told him and none of this would've happened." You put a hand on Ladybug's shoulder. "It's okay, Ladybug. I know you just wanted to do the right thing. We should just leave him alone for now."

Yours and Ladybug's phone rang at the same time, an owl symbol on the cover. You frowned, already knowing what's happening. "Citizens of Paris, listen to me carefully. With just one movement, I can release the rope holding up this city bus." The camera point of view switched showing the inside of the bus that was full of zoo animals. "And all the animals inside will crash down upon this poor, helpless little kitten."

The camera lowered, now showing a black kitten with green eyes sitting on a pillow. "And if anyone should be tempted to come save these animals, beware, it is all rigged! Liquid nitrogen will douse the feet of the Eiffel Tower, freezing them to minus seven hundred degrees and making them more fragile than glass. They will collapse, and the bus will flatten our cute little kitten friend!" The Owl laughed evilly. Ladybug, Catwoman, the only way you can save these sweet animals is to come and hand your miraculous over to me. Follow the Owl symbol."
The line went dead, and a symbol of an owl appeared in the dark sky.

"For someone who wanted to be a hero he sure is gruesome." Ladybug nodded.

"We must stop the countdown."

"If you want, I can distract him with some chitchat."

"You certainly are the cat for that." You both pressed a button on your objects, putting the ear pieces on. "We'll stay in touch."

You extended your staff, following where the symbol was. You made it to the empty stadium, looking around. "Hoo-hoo! Mr. Damocles!" You yelled, hoping calling him that would provoke him to come out. It did. R tree e

A bright spotlight shined directly on you, temporarily blinding you. "I am not Mr. Damocles! I am... The Dark Owl!"

"Let's talk about this. Why don't we just team up, the three of us? After all, you do have all the real powers now!"

"Where is Ladybug?" He asked, eyeing you suspiciously.

Ladybug started talking in your ear piece. "Grappling hook, boomerang, utility belt... the akuma must be one of his weapons."

"Yeah, but which one." You whispered. "Ladybug will be here any minute!"

"Then you can place your miraculous in the box in the middle of the stadium."

You shrugged. "I feel like a moment like this should be shared with another."

The Dark Owl held up the button to release the bus threateningly. You slowly made your way to the box. "Alright. Alright. Fine." You put your hand up to your ear to talk to ladybug. "Try to grab his detonator!"

"I'm on it!" From the distance you saw Ladybug's polka-dotted suit fling towards The Dark Owl. The detonator flew out of his hand. "Catwoman!"
You jumped towards it catching it. "I got it!"

Not soon after, Ladybug was throw down too. You opened your arms to catch her, but the weight caused you both to hit the ground. You accidentally let go of the detonator during the fall. The Dark Owl got it back. "Ha! Ooh! Time flies! This is your last chance to Saabs the helpless kitten!" He showed you the timer, showing you only had three minutes. He then threw it across the stadium.

"What's he got against cats?" You asked offended. "Heroes don't hurt innocent beings!" Ladybug told The Dark Owl. "Then give me your miraculous, otherwise you will be to blame!" He pointed his grappling hook and shot at, the roped wrapped around both you and Ladybug leaving you stuck together.

You looked to the side, which was upward; The Dark Owl jumped up ready to attack. You pulled Ladybug so you'd roll out the way. "Cataclysm." You squeezed the rope in your fists as it crumbed.

You and Ladybug stood up in a defense position. "It's the end of the line for you!" The Dark Owl yelled.

You ran at him first, jumping and swinging your staff at him. He crossed his arms blocking you. Ladybug came in, wrapping her yoyo around his ankle without him noticing. He was was pulled away from you, and thrown away. "Lucky charm!"

"A fountain pen?" Ladybug questioned.

"Maybe you can ask him for an autograph." You remarked sarcastically, rubbing the bridge of your nose.

The Dark Owl faced you again. "I'm gonna deactivate the detonator, m'lady." Ladybug nodded. You jumped to the trailer the detonator had previously been thrown to. You picked up the detonator pressing the button, but nothing happened. "What the-"

Ladybug appeared beside you. "What happened?"

"The detonator is-" The roof you were standing on split in half, dropping you in in the trailer then quickly shutting. "I am the Guardian of Paris! I am... The Dark Owl!"

"The countdown is still going." Ladybug snatched the detonator from your hands pressing the button herself. "What? That's impossible."

A foamy substance started spewing from a vent on the ground. You dipped your finger in it taking a short whiff of it before eating it. "Mmm. It tastes like whip cream."

The timer on the detonator went down to zero. "Oh, no!"

The tv on the wall turned on revealing the hanging bus and innocent kitten. The bus dropped, as did your heart in that moment. But the kitten vanished, followed by the bus. "You naives! It was a hologram all along! So how does it feel to lose, for once, and be humiliated? Did you really think I would hurt a kitten? This next trap, though, is very real. The room is filling up with whipped cream. Whipped cream's too thick to swim in, but too runny to float in! You're about to drown, softly but surely! Unless, that is, if you accept defeat and give me your miraculous!"

A section opened so only a small box would be able to fit through. Ladybug looked around the room, then took apart her pen. She sprayed the camera with its ink. "Do you really think it'll make a difference if I can't see you? There's no where to escape! If you don't give me your miraculous now, I'll simple take them after The Owl's whipped cream has buried you!"

You tried punching and kicking the trailer walls, it was ineffective. "He's right. We're done for!" You gave up.

"Not yet, we're not." Quietly said to you. She yelled at the camera. "You win, Dark Owl!"

Ladybug stood closer in front of you whispering. "Close your eyes and no peaking." You grabbed her wrist. "Are we really doing this?"

"Trust me."

You let out a shaky breath, slowly closing your eyes. "Spots off." Ladybug said. You hesitated for a second, biting you lip. "Claws in." You nearly opened your eyes under all the pressure and stress. "Huh? What?" You heard Plagg say. "Shh!" Another whispered.

You slid the ring off your finger holding it out for her. She felt for your hand touching the ring, but not taking it. She closed your fists leaving the ring with you. The sudden movement caused your eyes to open ever so slightly, only seeing part of her arm and pink pants. You squeezed your eyes shut harder than before, feeling partly guilty.

Ladybug then walked over to where the opening was and handed him the box of "miraculous". "Now I am the only superhero in Paris. And I'm a superhero who keep his word. Albert.."

The whipped cream began draining from the room. Once it was all gone, you put the ring back on your finger happily. You felt Plagg tap you, letting you know you could transform. "Plagg, claws out."

Once you heard Ladybug transform you opened your eyes again. You gave her a high five. "Good thinkin' m'lady!" You praised.

"Cataclysm!" You pressed your hand against the trailer, the whole thing crumbles.

"What?!" The Dark Owl gasped. "But that's impossible! How did you do it?"

You waved your finger in a "no" motion. "Superheroes never reveal their secrets." You winked. Ladybug smirked. "That's right. I thought you'd know better. I've got a plan a, plan b, and all the alphabet to z. Did you really think we'd give you our miraculous? We're superheroes. We are... Ladybug!"

"And Catwoman! It seems like you're the naive one, falling for such a simple trick!"

The Dark Owl's teeth clenched in anger. "By the way, say "hi!" To hawkmoth for us! Hope he enjoys his new toys!" You said in a snarky way.

"Hoomerangs! Trajectory control, Albert!" He threw the owl shaped boomerangs at you. You continued dodging them as they kept coming at you. "We don't know where his akuma is." You stated. The Dark Owl put away all his boomerangs, now running right at you. "Cover me!" Ladybug jumped away.

You pulled away from The Dark Owl, swinging your staff at his back as he past you. He turned around looking more annoyed than before. You got ready to swing again, this time he grabbed the end of it throwing you away from it.

"Lucky charm!" Ladybug called.

You were slightly dizzy trying to get up and get your staff back.

"Do you think you can beat me by reading to me, Ladybug?" The Dark Owl laughed.

The Dark Owl kicked you back down during your attempt to get your staff. You gave that up and kicked the back of Owl's knees so he'd fall. You rolled away from him so you'd have a chance to get up. "Knight Owl has a partner! So must Dark Owl!"

Dark Owl got up throwing multiple punches at you. You grabbed his wrist bending over to throw him over you and face to the ground. You twisted his arm around so he was unable to move without hurting. "He's all yours, m'lady!"

"Dark Owl's akumatized object isn't on him. It's in his lair! Don't let him get away, Catwoman. I'm off to the school!"

"See that? Reading comic books can actually save lives!" Dark Owl groaned throwing you off of him.

"Cmon, Dark Owl! This isn't very heroic of you! None of this is!" You pathetically attempted at stopping Dark Owl.

He ignored you, raising his fists. "Albert! Owl wings!" Wings popped out of his back and he flew away. You quickly ran to pick up your staff and catch up to him.

You landed on his back. "Cat versus bird. Who usually wins this fight?" He started spinning around swiftly in attempt to get you off his back, it almost didn't work until he went at an angle that forced you to crash into a billboard.

You fell off the board landing harshly on the ground. You shook off the pain rushing towards the school. When you landed on the widow, Ladybug's little ladybugs were already fixing things around Paris. "Sorry, I couldn't hold him off for long." You apologized. "No worries, we still got him and that's all that matters."

"Ladybug? Catwoman? What are you doing in my office?"

Ladybug raised her fist up for you. You smiled at her. "Pound it!"

. . . - 🐾

A couple days later Owl is doing a lot better helping out with the community. He's helped many cats from trees. You and Ladybug no longer had to spend your entire day watching out for him. He was currently taking pictures with a couple of his fans. You watched from the roof of a building in pure joy. "tending the gardens, heading out blankets to the homeless, feeding animals. The Owl spread his wings!"

"He's a superhero in his own way."

"Now we'll have some more spare time!" Ladybug said in excitement.

"Enough spare time for a date?" You asked.

"Sorry. I promised a friend I'd hang out with her as soon as I could. See you soon, kitty cat!" Ladybug waved leaving the scene.

Though, you weren't entirely disappointed.

"Finally!" Ninos voice rang through your head set. "Are you guys ready to lose?" Nino said overconfidently.

"Don't get too cocky now, Nino." You smirked, they couldn't see it, but you could definitely hear it by your tone. "Yeah! [Y/N] and I are gonna beat you!" Adrien joined.

"What? You can't team up against me! That's not fair!"

(A/N) I just realized I never mentioned or talked about your parents work. So, I'll just give a quick explanation. Basically, your dad is just a businessman, nothing too special. But your mom is a botanist, meaning she works with plants, like plant science. She works at a plant nursery where they grow different plants/ flowers and people can buy them. That's all! I'll go into more detail later on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 703 23
After the appearance of Glaciator, a new Akuma has created a whirlwind of emotions that will either bring Ladybug and Cat Noir together or tear them...
58K 2K 50
When Adrien goes in search of someone to talk to, he is surprisingly welcomed as his superhero Cat Noir side into the Dupain-Cheng household, leading...
483K 11.3K 60
During their Junior year in Highschool, Marinette was forced to go back to her roots. The country of China. Leaving her friends, and Adrien was hard...
51.4K 2.2K 14
💌🐞🐈‍⬛ ❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐄 ❜࿔*:・゚ ## . a ADRIEN AND CAT NOIR fanfiction. ╭──╯ IN WHICH ━━ bestowed with magical powers ...