Wounds That Won't Heal (Peter...

De Youtuber_01

Faith Carter wasn't your average 17 year old girl living in Westchester New York...on the outside she looked... Mai multe

Chapter 1: Faith Carter
Chapter 2: Alone
Chapter 3: Someone New?
Chapter 4: New Friend?
Chapter 5: Lost In You
Chapter 6: Welcome To My Darkside
Chapter 7: Numb To The Feeling
Chapter 8: Lay All Your Love On Me
Chapter 9: It's Always You
Chapter 10: It's Unbelievable
Chapter 11: One Touch and I Ignite
Chapter 12: Pretty Poison
Chapter 13: Happy Birthday To You...
Chapter 15: Dying On The Inside
Chapter 16: I Will Try To Fix You
Chapter 17: I Love You
Chapter 18: You're Fucking Incredible
Chapter 19: I Want You
Chapter 20: You're My Everything (SMUT)
Chapter 21: Time Heals All Wounds

Chapter 14: What Hurts The Most

8 4 0
De Youtuber_01

(Faith's Pov) *THE SAME DAY*

After what felt like hours of sobbing, I coughed and wheezed being unable to breathe. My nose was stuffed, my head and heart hurt, my face felt red, puffy and swollen from all the crying. My throat hurt from screaming and sobbing, I was so exhausted...so tired...why me? Why today of all days? I can't take this anymore...

Once things had gone quiet, Peter still held my shaking body in his arms. He got up holding me still and walked to the kitchen. He gently sat me down at the table and got me tissues, a glass of water and some Ibuprofen. I weakly grabbed some tissues and blew my nose the best I could so I could breathe a little. I coughed once I did before drinking my water and taking the medicine.

After that, Peter threw away my tissues and cupped my red, puffy, tear-stained cheeks in his hands. He frowned "What happened baby?" he asked softly, I sniffled and sighed a bit "I-I was trying to find you" I whispered and coughed still feeling my throat close and scratch up. I drank more of my water and sighed a bit as it felt good going down my sore throat. I took a deep painful breath "O-Once I couldn't, I-I tried to call you b-but then I-I bumped into those guys who've been bullying me since I got here" I whispered,

Peter furrowed his eyebrows a bit, "I-I thought after what I did everyone would stay away...I didn't think they would hurt me again b-but I was wrong...th-they wanted revenge for what I did...t-they got stronger and faster s-so they could hurt me...b-but once they saw my box...t-they grabbed it...th-they told me nasty things a-and I-I begged...I-I begged them to give it back b-but h-he ripped-" I couldn't even say as my voice became broken and high pitched. I looked down at the torn letters in my hands as my bottom lip quivered once more.

I choked on sobs as my shoulders and body shook once more "T-they're ruined...t-they're all ruined...I-it's all I have...t-this is all I have" I sobbed brokenly feeling everything in my being just die. Peter frowned and put the broken letters in the box before hugging me gently but tightly. He kissed my head and rubbed my back "I'm so sorry Faith...I-I tried so hard to find you. I don't know how I can be the fastest guy alive and still manage to be so late all the time. I'm so sorry" Peter explained as if he thought this was his fault...but it's not...how can it be?

I sniffled and pulled away, gently caressing his cheek, "It's not your fault Peter" I whispered, he frowned "I-I should've tried harder, looked sooner then maybe this-" he began to beat himself up about it. I shook my head, "Don't. Please" I whispered, he sighed a bit and gently grabbed onto my hands and kissed them gently "Did they hurt you?" he asked softly,

I sighed and nodded "They managed to throw me down before they all ended up punching and kicking me. I'm sure there's bruises on my body" I whispered; Peter frowned "Let me run you a hot bath okay?" He stated, I sighed "W-what about Ma and Pa?" I whimpered; Peter sighed "baby you're hurt. You need to rest" he argued, I sniffled "B-but it's still their birthday...I-I wanna see them...I-I need to" I cried out.

Peter kissed my head "okay, okay, but after you take a hot bath please? I promise we'll go see them afterwards" He said, I sniffled and nodded as Peter picked me up and brought me to my room. He sat me on the bed before heading to my bathroom and starting up the bath "Do you need anything? Want me to stay and help you or stay for company at least so you're not alone?" he asked,

My eyes widen a bit at the thought of Peter helping me bath and or staying to keep me company which means I'll be naked...and this will the first time he'll be seeing me naked. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, frankly I can't really feel anything else at the moment aside depressed and in pain so would I really have the room to feel embarrassed about my boyfriend seeing me naked? Would I feel insecure? Should I be insecure?

Peter could tell I was probably overthinking it as he walked over to me and pressed his forehead against mine "hey, don't think too hard about it. If you don't want me in there that's fine too but I don't want you to be alone right now, I'm worried about you. I can sit outside of the door and talk to you. I'll sit on the floor and look away if you don't want me to see you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. I'll do whatever you want but you need to tell me because I'm not a mind reader" He stated softly and gently.

I swallowed and let out a shaky sigh, licking my dry lips "Um okay. J-just uh you can be in there b-but just don't look please" I whispered, Peter nodded and kissed my forehead as he helped me to the bathroom "Can I at least see where you're hurt?" he asked, I nodded and held onto the sink counter as Peter gently lifted up my shirt to see some bruising that would most likely get worse within the next few days.

He gently put his hand on the bruise which made me hiss a bit. Peter frowned, "Sorry. Well, they don't look too bad so hopefully they'll go away in a few days. We can have Hank look at it later and see if he has something for the pain and swelling" he said, I nodded and sighed a bit as I looked to see the tub filling up with hot water.

When it was full, I turned it off and looked at Peter, we both stared at each other for a moment until I felt my heart flutter and face flush. Peter blinked a few times and shook his head "Uh right. Sorry" he said and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and turned around. I smiled softly as I weakly and painfully stripped from my clothes and hopped in the hot tub. I took a deep breath and slowly sat down in the water. I hissed a bit as it stung my injuries, "Are you okay?" Peter asked,

I breathed heavily and sighed a bit "Y-yea, just hurts my bruises is all" I said, Peter nodded and took a seat on the floor by the tub but still looking at the door, "Is the water hot enough?" he asked, "Y-yea" I said, he nodded as I sighed and submerged myself underneath the hot water. I took a deep breath and let my body get used to the feeling.

I looked to see my wrists were somewhat bruised from them gripping onto me so tightly and me trying to escape. I saw I had some bruising on my torso, my hips and some scattered along my legs with some faded burns from the bully. I frowned and sighed a bit "What do I do now Peter?" I asked, he tilted his head a bit "What do you mean?" he asked, I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them "My letters...they're ruined...I-I can't" I whispered,

Peter sighed a bit "Maybe the professors can fix it. Everything will be okay Faith. I promise" He said, I rolled my eyes a bit "you can't promise that because it's not okay...nothing is or has it ever been okay...the one day where I can't fight back because of the depression from my dead grandparents. It's their birthday...I-It was supposed to be their day a-and every day I find it harder and harder to find a reason to get out of bed" I explained as my heart and soul ached with every fiber of my being...I am tired, I am so exhausted.

Peter sighed and scoot back closer to the tub before reaching his hand behind him. I sniffled and put my hand in his, lacing his fingers with mine "I can't predict anything Faith and I know you're struggling and going through so much right now but I am here...I am right here and I'm never going to leave you...I'm not going anywhere anytime soon so you never have to be alone or go through any of this alone again...I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you're going through this and I wish you didn't. I wish I could take all your pain away but I can't...I don't have that power but let your grandparents be a reason you keep fighting...show them that you will live for them and that you will fight to stay alive" He said,

I sniffled and lied my head on his "okay" I whispered, Peter kissed my hand which made me sigh as I did my best to wash my hair and body even though it hurt so much to do so. Once I was finished with my bath, I drained the water and stood up before grabbing a towel and wrapping it around me "Alright. I'm done now. We can go" I said, Peter nodded and looked back at me which made me blush softly.

He smiled before he walked over to me and cupped my cheeks, "We'll get through this Faith. I can promise you that" he whispered, I nodded as he pressed his forehead against mine before gently leaning down and pressing his lips against mine. I smiled weakly and kissed back loving and missing the feeling of his lips on mine. The kiss was short but very sweet and lingering.

Peter gently pulled away and kissed my forehead. I blushed softly as we headed out of the bathroom where I picked out clothes to wear "I'll be outside when you're done changing" he said, I nodded as he walked out of my room closing the door behind him. I took a deep painful breath and dried off before putting on lotion and changing into simple sweats and a sweater.

After that, I put on my shoes and walked outside seeing Peter leaning against the wall waiting for me. He looked at me and smiled softly before walking up to me "Ready to go get some flowers and see your grandparents?" he asked, I nodded as Peter intertwined his fingers with mine. I smiled softly as we headed out of the school and to the nearest flower shop. I had picked out Ma's favorite flowers while Peter paid for them even though I told him he didn't have to but of course Peter is cheesy.

After that, we headed to the cemetery where they were buried. It was still cloudy and gloomy as I expect it to be. When we got to their graves, I made sure to clean off the fallen leaves and weeds that grew around their area. I took a deep breath feeling all the emotions once again. I sighed "Hi Ma, hi Pa" I whispered as I crouched down to the grave level, "Happy birthday. I-I would've come sooner but it seems like the world has decided for today to be the shittiest day ever for me. B-But I'm here now and I-I bought you your flowers again" I whispered as I took the old flowers out of the vase and put the new ones in.

Peter crouched beside me and wrapped an arm around me "I-I uh talked with Charles and Hank again this morning about you guys...T-they told me that I'm feeling guilty about not being there for when you passed a-and it's true...I do...I feel like I should've been there for you when you needed me but I was still dealing with my mutation at the time" I said,

Peter said nothing and rubbed my back or my hand for comfort. I sniffled as I felt the tears fall from my face, I didn't think I had any tears left to cry honestly but who knows...I guess whatever hurts the most, you still tend to save up some emotions and tears for it. I took a deep breath and put my hands on the tombstones "Charles told me I need to stop feeling guilty about that because it was something out of my control and that there was nothing that could be done...He said that no matter what that you both still loved me and that you died not only loving each other but me and that you would be proud of me" I said,

I sniffled a bit trying to gather my emotions and thoughts while trying not to have another breakdown right then and there, "I-I'm trying so hard to live for you and t-trying so hard to make you proud of me b-but everyday just gets harder and harder a-and this morning after I read your letters with Charles and Hank, those bullies came back again a-and they-" I couldn't even get the words out as I choked on sobs once more.

I covered my mouth as my body ached and trembled a bit. Peter held me close to him and kissed my head "T-they ruined your letters...They ruined the only things I had left of you a-and now I-I don't know what to do...I-I need those letters...I-I need you" I whimpered, my heart ached, stomach churned and entire being hurt from merely existing. I felt my powers surge through me as a glowing light illuminated all around me and Peter.

Peter looked around "uh Faith" he said, I rested my head on their tombstones and sobbed as the vine-like dome had covered us once more like it did before. Peter squeezed my hand as the dome was sealed tight that sprouted flowers to cover the holes so it was only just us.

Peter yanked me back a bit which made me gasp and sniffle a bit. Peter cupped my cheeks and made me look at him "Hey, you're okay. You need to take some deep breaths" he reassured, I looked around and breathed heavily feeling overwhelmed. I sniffled and took a few deep breaths trying to calm myself down.

I took a few deep shaky breaths and sighed as I felt my heart rate slowly calm down some. When it did, the dome slowly started to disappear. I sighed and sniffled a bit "I-I'm so tired, I-I think I'll go rest now. I-I love you Ma, love you Pa, happy birthday" I whispered and kissed their headstones before standing up but feeling dizzy and lightheaded.

My knees wobbled a bit making Peter wrap his arms around me "Are you okay?" he asked, I nodded "Lightheaded" I whispered, he nodded as he gently picked me up in his arms. I sighed and yawned tiredly "let's get some rest yea?" he suggested, I nodded making Peter kiss my head as we headed back to the school. I can only assume Peter took me to my room to rest because on the way, I must've been so exhausted that once my eyes closed, I was out like a light.

(Peter's Pov)

After what felt like hours of holding Faith while she was sobbing, she finally managed to calm down some but not before she coughed and wheezed a bit probably not being able to breath properly. I looked around to see her box of letters from her grandparents was not only scattered on the floor but almost all of them had been ripped to shreds which could only mean one thing...her bullies were back with revenge.

I got up with Faith in my arms and headed to the kitchen. I got her tissues, water and medicine for I assume her head was hurting. She blew her nose and drank her water before taking her medicine. She sighed a bit as I cupped her red, puffy, tear-stained cheeks in her hands and asked her softy what happened.

She began to explain that she was trying to find me and that when she called me she bumped into the guys who've been bullying her since she first came here. I was a bit confused until she said they wanted revenge on her for what had happened a while ago when she lost control and almost killed all those who hurt her.

She said that they had gotten stronger and faster and once they saw the box of letters, they tore them up; not caring or regarding Faith's feelings about them. She said she had begged them to give the letters back but they didn't and completely ruined what all left she had of her dead grandparents...I was so angry and so pissed that I wanted to tear those guys a new one for hurting Faith like that.

Faith had sobbed once more which made me frown as I put the shredded letters in the box and hugged her tightly. I felt so bad that I wasn't fast enough to save her, that I wasn't fast enough to prevent this...If only I...If only I could've done something...if only I was fast enough then none of this would've happened...

Faith told me to not blame myself and that it wasn't my fault but a part of me felt like it was...I mean I'm her boyfriend for gods sake. Her boyfriend with superspeed and yet I was still too slow and too late to save her and protect her from all this pain and hurt and the bullying...

I asked if they had hurt her which made her nod as she explained that they threw her down and got a couple of punches and kicks in which made my blood boil ever more...when I get my hands on them it's not going to be pretty...I will get my revenge for her...I will do everything I can to protect her.

I told Faith I'd run her a hot bath but she ended up getting more upset because she still hasn't seen her Ma and Pa since it was still their birthday afterall. I wanted Faith to rest and heal but she really needed to see her grandparents so I told her that after her bath we'll go see them.

Once I got Faith up to her room and ran her bath, I didn't want to leave her alone let alone have her be alone because who knows what could happen. I asked if she needed help which made her overthink because we have yet seen each other naked and I'm assuming like every female does she was overthinking about her body.

I pressed my forehead against hers and told her not to overthink it. I suggested that I can sit outside the door and talk to her, I told her I could stay in but look away. I didn't want to make Faith uncomfortable with anything but I did not want her to be alone right now. She took a moment to think about it before saying I can be in with her but to just not look.

I nodded and kissed her forehead as I first checked her body for any bruising, which there was. I gently put my hand on the bruise which made me frown a bit. They didn't look too bad but I'm sure they would get worse over the next few days. I suggested that we go and see Hank if she wanted for the pain and swelling.

Once the tub was filled, I turned away from Faith and heard shuffling and hisses of pain assuming she was getting undressed and hopping in the tub. I heard the water slosh around as she got in and sat down. She hissed a bit as the water hurt the wounds on her body. I sat on the ground staring at her bathroom door. I made sure she was okay and that the water was hot enough so she was nice and comfortable.

It was quiet for a moment as I heard Faith sigh and ask what does she do now. I was a bit confused and asked what she meant but was talking about her letters that were in pieces. I frowned and thought for a moment about a way to help fix them and put it back together...I thought maybe the professors could fix them or Charles could recite them again maybe re-write it word for word but knowing Faith she wouldn't want new ones; she wants the ones her grandparents wrote her originally...

I told her everything would be okay but she didn't believe that it would be. She's been struggling for so long on her own and while I can't predict the future or anything I told her that she's not alone anymore and that she never has to be alone again. I wish I could take all her pain away but I can't and that I don't have that ability too but I told her to let her grandparents be the reason she still fights to stay alive.

After Faith had finished with her bath, she drained the tub and wrapped a towel around her before hopping out. I turned around and looked at her before smiling and cupping her cheeks. I told her we'd get through this and that I can promise her that. She nodded as I pressed my forehead against hers before leaning down and gently pressing my lips against hers.

The kiss was short but very sweet and lingering. I told her I'd wait outside for her while she dried off and got changed. After that, we headed out of the mansion and to the nearest flower shop where I bought flowers for her grandparents graves.

After that, we headed over to the cemetery and to where her Ma and Pa were buried. We crouched down near the headstones as I rubbed Faith's back for comfort while she talked with her grandparents. She told them happy birthday and that she talked to Charles and Hank and that she was still feeling guilty about not being there when they died.

I let Faith grieve and rant as she told them about what happened today and with her letters. I frowned and held Faith close to me while she cried and trembled in my arms. Faith's powers began to grow haywire again as the ground around us illuminated a bright green. Her powers ended up making a vine dome around us and her grandparents while flowers sprouted from the open holes.

I yanked Faith's hand a bit because she didn't realize what was going on or what she was doing. I told her to take some deep breaths which made her sniffle and nod as she took a few deep breaths making the dome disappear. When it did, Faith was exhausted as she said bye to her grandparents before kissing their headstones and standing up.

I wrapped an arm around her seeing as she got dizzy and lightheaded. I gently picked her up in my arms and told her we should rest, which made her nod as I kissed her head and headed back to the school. On the way, Faith must've fallen asleep because by the time I got there, I looked down and she was out like a light. I sighed a bit as I walked up to her room and gently lied her down on her bed and covered her up in her blankets. I kissed her head and quietly headed out of her room and tried to come up with a plan to fix her letters...but how?

(Trying my best to finish this story. Hope you enjoy!)

(4000 Words)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

37K 896 32
I don't own Marvel. My name is (Y/N) (L/N) and I was a normal guy who living in my normal life...so I'm going to college and you know I'm just doing...
1.1K 32 6
A new mutant finds herself struggling to deal with being a "freak", and gets brought to Professor Xaviers school. Little did she know the thing she t...
81.9K 2.3K 11
"Ekka, don't you want to play with the other kids?" Jean asked as she entered the room where Ekka had been hiding away, only staring out a large wind...
32.2K 1K 38
Kerri was just a normal teenager with maybe a little worse than normal home life, and an ok but dull school life. That is, until she one day develops...