Chaos (Colby Brock)

Door heartlessbrock

The world can be a dangerous place with dangerous people. Julia White would soon learn to not trust people so... Meer

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
Not a chapter

45

11.4K 184 118
Door heartlessbrock

"Here, you can wear this until I get better clothes for you." Colby said and handed me the shirt he had been wearing.

"Thanks." I said and took it from him. "I'm gonna heat your food up, will you be okay alone?" He asked as I nodded and slipped the tshirt over my naked body.

Colby smiled at me then breathed a small laugh. "What?" I asked and scrunched my brow. "You look good in my clothes. That's all." He said then turned and left the room.

I sighed then towel dried my hair, feeling grateful that Colby was right.

I felt better after my shower. Much more grounded.

When I finished drying my hair, I hung the towel up then went out to the main part of the room.

"Where did you go?" I asked quietly, walking up to him.

"Seattle. It was a trap." He said then set my heated food on the counter. "Is my family okay?" I asked as his eyes flashed with something.

Maybe anger?

Was I making him angry?

"They're fine." He assured then handed me a fork. "Sorry if I made you mad.." I said as he shook his head.

"You didn't make me mad, Jules." He said then got me a glass of water. "You looked angry." I mumbled and grabbed the food, making my way over to the couch.

"I am. Not at you though." He said then sat next to me. "Aren't you hungry?" I asked and took a forkful of chicken.

"A little bit." He said and watched me. "Here." I said then ate the chicken on my fork and handed it to him.

"You don't have to do that, sweetheart." He said as I nodded. "Yeah, I do." I said then held up the chicken.

We ended up eating mostly in silence. I could tell something was bothering Colby but he wasn't saying what it was.

"So what's next?" I asked and looked up at him. He was staring at the bruises on my neck from where that guy had nearly choked me to death.

There was an angry behind his blue eyes, one that wasn't going to be extinguished any time soon.

"I don't know." He said after a moment of silence.

That answer scared me.

"Oh." I whispered as he shook his head. "It's just dangerous. They won't let up until you're killed and I'm not letting that happen." He said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Why did you go?" I asked and looked up at him, resting my head on his chest. He sighed and looked down at me, brushing my wet hair from my face.

"Did they go after my family? Are they okay? Please tell me they're okay." I said frantically.

"They're fine, Jules. Totally fine." He said as my heart beated against my chest.

"Did you see them?" I asked with a hopeful expression.

"Yes." He said as I sat up. "All of them? Are they okay? I wish I could hug them." I said and put my hands on my face.

"I only saw two of them. Jenna and I think it was Sam." He said as I watched him intently.

He looked almost pained by my excitement. "What?" I asked, my heart dropping.

"Nothing. You're tired. We should go to bed." He said then stood up.

"I'm not too tired to talk about my family, Colby. What are you hiding?" I asked as I stood up.

"You're tired." He repeated as my eyes stung with anger. "What aren't you telling me, Colby!?" I snapped as he glared at me.

"Are we starting this again? I thought you had learned. I thought things were different." He said as I shook my head.

"Things are different, Colby. Way fucking different. You've wrapped me in your web of bullshit to the point that I killed someone." I said and stormed up to him as he walked away.

"You can't hide shit from me anymore. I deserve to know what's going on!" I yelled as he turned around and put his hands on the sides of my face.

"You've been through enough tonight. Now enough about this." He said as I shook my head. "Please tell me they care that I'm gone." I said as his eyes became sad.

"Of course they care, Jules. They care so much." He said quietly. "Will I ever see them again?" I asked as he sighed.

"Please don't make me answer that, sweetheart. Not tonight." He said then closed his eyes and kissed my forehead.

That was an answer in itself.

We both knew I would never get to see them again.

"Let's go to bed." He said then turned and led the way towards the bed. I nodded, knowing that he was probably exhausted.

I couldn't imagine he was in Seattle for very long since he was already back here. That was a lot of driving for just a couple days.

We crawled into bed and Colby held me close. I didn't know if he was just being nice or if he was feeling the same way I was.

I couldn't imagine that he was. Colby didn't seem like the type to love a girl.

I think he just felt bad for me.

We laid together in silence, neither of us even attempting sleep.

I knew I would have a nightmare since my mind was already uneasy. I wasn't sure why Colby couldn't sleep, but I didn't want to ask.

"Go to sleep, Jules." Colby said as I looked up at him. "I'm gonna have a nightmare." I said as he looked at me.

"You don't know that." He hummed. "I killed a man. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have one." I said causing him to shrug.

"Won't know until you try." He said then closed his eyes. "Go to sleep." He said again.

I nodded and closed my eyes, trying to drift off to sleep. I focused on the sound of his beating heart, letting it lull me to sleep.

I had nightmares like I was expecting to, but none of them were bad enough for me to wake up.

When I did wake up, Colby was gone. I hated that I felt instant panic, not seeing him anywhere.

I hated being dependent on him but after last night I really was able to grasp that when he was around I would be safe.

"Colby?!" I called out, looking around. I frowned and got out of bed, looking around.

"Hmm." I hummed then went into the bathroom. I looked really rough after last nights attack.

My face was mostly bruised and split open skin and you could see the bruised hand marks covering my neck.

I really got fucked up.

Since this trip was a spur of the moment thing, I didn't have any toiletries or anything with me.

All I had was Colby's shirt that I was still wearing.

When I walked out into the main part of the hotel room, the door was opening causing me to scream.

"Jesus, Jules! It's just me." Colby said and held his hands up in defense.

In one hand was a grocery bag and in the other was a red duffel bag.

"You left me alone?" I asked as he nodded. "Kinda but also not really." He said then set the grocery bag on the counter.

"I have business to do today, so I won't be here." He said as my heart raced.

"Don't look so scared, sweetheart. I have eyes on your room from not only the hallway, but in the lobby, and across the street." He said and pointed towards the window.

"So don't walk around naked or anything." He said with a grin. "I mean I have nothing else to wear." I said as he held the duffle bag up.

"Here, I went back to the house and grabbed some stuff. I also told the girls to come check up on you since they're also confined to this hotel." He explained and walked over to me.

"What are you going to do?" I asked as he chuckled. "Don't worry about it. I'll be back before the sun sets though." He said then gave me a gentle kiss.

"Try to relax a little bit today, yeah?" He asked as I nodded. "Okay." I said then took the bag from him.

"In the grocery bag is snacks. I'll grab some more on the way back. There's a bottle of wine and a corkscrew. I suggest you drink some, it'll calm your nerves." He said then turned to leave.

"Hey uh...Colby?" I asked before he could leave. "Yeah?" He asked and turned slightly.

"Be careful...okay?" I asked as he nodded. "I will be, sweetheart. Don't you worry." He said then opened the door and left.

It was weird how quickly our dynamic had changed. It felt more comfortable and almost romantic.

It was strange.

I couldn't say that I really minded it all that much though.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

5.2K 101 57
Y/N was just a normal girl living a normal life like any 19 year old. She lived in New York all of her life and just moved to Los Angeles. She had a...
60.5K 1.1K 17
this is the part 2 to my book 'colby brock' if you have not read that book i suggest you do or you will be thoroughly confused XD. after bailey was...
72.1K 2K 27
❝ char is going to do the estes method in here, and- ❞ ❝ i'm sorry, char is going to be doing what now? ❞ κ’° πŸ‘» κ’±Ψ˜ ࿐ ΰΏ”*:ο½₯゚ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡... κ’± β†·πŸ–‡ ch...
31.8K 1K 16
Colby made a mistake. He lashed out. And now, his best friend was nowhere to be found. One day he gets a little warning that will change the fate of...