Butterflies ʲᵒˢʰᵘᵃ ʳⁱᶜʰᵃʳᵈˢ

By -RECOVERED

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀ 16-ʏᴇᴀʀ-ᴏʟᴅ ғᴀʟʟs ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴋᴛᴏᴋ ʙᴏʏ. ʙᴜᴛ sʜᴇ'ᴅ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ. sʜᴇ'ᴅ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ. ᴡɪ... More

ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰɪᴠᴇ
sɪx
sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ**
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ**
ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰɪᴠᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ**
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx**
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx**
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ**
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ**
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ**
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sɪx
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ғɪғᴛʏ
ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
Fifty-three
Fifty-four

ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

149 5 0
By -RECOVERED

June 18th, 2019

-

Phoenix, AZ

-

Narrative-

After the bathroom thing, Cooper went to go start the car and Josh took Vanessa back to the hotel. Vanessa didn't talk to either of them on the way back, she was still in shock. Josh also tried to limit how much he touched her. He didn't want her to be uncomfortable at all. Once they got back to the hotel, Vanessa went into the room. Josh and Cooper stayed outside.

tw ⚠️ drug abuse talk, SA talk
Please read at your own risk.

Joshes POV

Cooper- Josh I am so sorry.

Cooper says, stopping me before I went into the hotel room.

Josh- Coop- it really wasn't your fault. You couldn't of known Chase would do that. You did everything you could.

Cooper- She was scared to go with him, I knew she was uncomfortable going alone and I still walked away. I walked away to get drugs and Vanessa paid the price for my dumbass actions.

Cooper leans against the wall, obviously in distress.

Josh- Coop I thought you quit.

Cooper- I tried. And then it got so hard and I just- I couldn't do it. I bought meth tonight. Take it and get rid of it, please.

Cooper hands me the bag of meth. I hesitantly take it.

Cooper- This- this is my wake-up call. A woman got assaulted tonight because of my addiction, Josh. I have to quit.

Josh- That's great Cooper but cold turkey?

Cooper- I don't have a choice, Josh. I have to do it for V.

I half smile sympathetically at Cooper. I loved that he wanted to do this for V, but I knew it wasn't going to be easy for him. Cooper had been struggling with drug abuse since he was 9. Cooper had opened up to me about it a couple of times and everyone in his life begs him to quit but he never could. As he said, I guess this pushed him over the edge. Honestly, for me, it would too. I get that Cooper feels bad but I'm not mad at him at all. In fact, I'm thankful for him because if he hadn't been there, Chase would've done much more damage than he did.

Josh- Cooper, I'm so fucking proud of you.

I start to tear up. Cooper notices and pulls me into a hug.

Josh- I'm so fucking angry Cooper. I wanna fucking kill him or at least throw a punch.

Cooper- I know Josh. If someone did that to Gia, I'd lose my fucking mind.

I pull away from Cooper, wiping my eyes but anyone could still tell I was crying. Cooper and I walk back into the hotel room where Vanessa was standing by our bed, her back facing us. When she hears us come in, she turns around. I noticed she had changed into sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt. Her face immediately turned into a concerned look.

Vanessa- Are you okay Josh?

It was the first words she had said to me since she told me she wanted to leave the party.

Josh- I'm fine baby.

Vanessa moves closer to me.

Cooper- Liar.

Cooper says under his breath but loud enough so V could hear him. Vanessa wraps her arms around my waist and rests her head on my chest. My arms immediately wrap around her but I was careful about where I placed my hands.

Josh- Are you tired?

V nods, not opening her eyes. As we were just standing there, Cooper's phone rang.

Cooper- Shit Gia! I'll be back Josh.

I nod as Cooper leaves the room.

Vanessa's POV

Vanessa- Josh?

Josh- hm?

Vanessa- I want to tell you what happened but I also wanna tell Bryce and I don't want to explain it more than I have to so do you mind sitting with me while I talk to him on the phone?

Josh- Of course V. Why don't you get into bed and I'm going to change okay?

I nod, pulling away from Josh. I follow his directions and I get into bed. I just scrolled through my phone while I waited for Josh. Once he came back, he got into bed with me. I could tell he didn't know if I wanted him to touch me or not because usually, he's all over me when we're in bed.

Vanessa- Josh I know you won't hurt me when you touch me okay? You can touch me like you normally do and the off chance you do make me uncomfortable, I'll tell you.

Josh- I just want to keep you as comfortable as possible and I don't want to do anything to make you think I'd ever hurt you because I won't. Ever. I promise.

I smile.

Vanessa- I know Josh. Thank you for that.

I kiss him. Josh genuinely made me feel so so safe and he was incredibly sweet. Even though we'd only been dating for a day, we've been going out for weeks and in some ways, I've known him forever.
I like to believe he's my soulmate because how could it be a coincidence that our families were friends all those years back and then Josh starts working with my brother? I also like to believe Liv and I are platonic soulmates. The universe keeps pushing up together.

Josh- Of course. You know, sometimes it feels like I've known you forever.

Vanessa- In some ways, we have known each other forever don't you think?

Josh smiles.

Josh- I was thinking that exact same thing but thought it made me sound a little weird. It's still so hard to wrap my head around the fact that we could've known each other years ago.

Vanessa- Right? I wish we would've gone to Canada before Liv and I fought. At the very least we would've known been friends but I don't think Liv would've loved the idea of us dating.

Josh laughs.

Josh- Oh she would've hated it. If it wasn't for the fight and she didn't feel the need to kiss your ass, she probably won't be our biggest fan.

Vanessa- She doesn't need to kiss my ass. It comes in handy sometimes but I told her that I was completely over it.

Josh links our fingers together and looks down at them for a while. He looks back up at me and I knew exactly what he was going to say by the look on his face.

Josh- Are you ready to call Bryce?

I wait a second before nodding and pulling out my phone.

Vanessa- He's going to be pissed.

Josh- Yeah. Let's hope Chase stays away from him in Maryland.

Vanessa- I meant he's going to be pissed because it's 3 in the morning and he probably just went to sleep or he's gaming. But that too.

Josh laughs as I click on Bryce's contact and I press facetime. It rang a couple of times before he picks up. I was right, he was gaming.

Bryce- Hey V. What's up? How's AZ?

I glance at Josh who gives me a reassuring look.

Vanessa- Not the best.

Bryce- Why what happened? Weren't you supposed to be at a party?

I start to tear up. Josh squeezes my hand, getting me to look at him. He mouths 'you got this butterfly' It was the first time he called me butterfly. I wondered if this would be a nickname that would stick. spoiler alert: it sticks.

Vanessa- I was at the party but then Chase-

Bryce- Wait Chase is there?

Bryce look halfway between concerned and disturbed.

Vanessa- Yeah. Anyways, at the party, Chase asked me to talk. I told him I didn't want to talk to him but he insisted so I told him I'd talk to him but I'd talk to him later because I didn't want to talk to him alone and Josh was swimming. Cooper was right next to me so he offered to go instead of Josh and I trust Cooper so I agreed.

I pause for a minute, looking at Josh because I knew this part would make me break down. Josh gives me a reassuring nod.

Bryce- Okay. So what'd you guys talk about?

Vanessa- Basically he just said that he didn't want his presence to ruin the tour for me and I said it wouldn't. At some point in this short-lived conversation, Cooper walked away to talk to this guy he saw that he knew. He told me he was going to go talk to this guy but he'd keep an eye on me and Chase. When Cooper walked away, I got a bad feeling so I ended the conversation with Chase as quickly as I could and then I went to the bathroom.

I pause again, needing a break. I close my eyes, letting a few tears slip. Josh uses his free hand to wipe them away as they come.

Bryce- Oh my god V. He didn't- I'm going to fucking kill that kid. When he comes back home-

Vanessa- Bryce please just let me finish.

I open my eyes to see an angry Bryce who was now not focusing on his game at all.

Bryce- Okay I'm sorry. Finish.

Vanessa- Okay so I went to the bathroom and Chase came in behind me. I told him to get out but he said no and shut and locked the door.

I bite my lip, trying not to cry. Josh puts his second hand on top of our already linked hands.

Vanessa- I tried so hard to fight him off.

I start to sob and Josh pulls my body closer to his.

Bryce- God V I'm so fucking sorry. I wish I was there. Are you okay physically? Are you pressing charges?

Josh- I got you butterfly.

Josh whispers softly, so only I could hear him. I pull myself together enough to talk and answer Bryce's questions.

Vanessa- I don't know if there's anything I can do. He only used his fingers, Josh came in right as he was about to... ya know.

I didn't wanna say it aloud. It was way too painful.

Bryce- Thank god. Where is Josh? Is he okay?

I grab my phone with my free hand and turn it so Bryce could see Josh.

Vanessa- Cooper called him a liar when he said he was fine and I believe Cooper more than Josh on that one.

I turn the camera back on me.

Bryce- Yeah. I'm so glad he's there with you. Thank him for me.

I nod.

Vanessa- Oh speaking of thanking him, we had sex.

Bryce- FINALLY!

Josh and I laugh.

Bryce- Sorry it's just so exciting! Anyways, you guys should get some sleep. Text me tomorrow V.

I nod.

Vanessa- Okay I will. I love you, goodnight.

Bryce- I love you too and I'm glad you're okay. Goodnight.

I smile before Bryce hangs up.

Josh- I'm so proud of you butterfly.

I smile.

Vanessa- I like that nickname.

Josh- Yeah I thought of it and I assumed it would make you happy.

I smile, kissing him.

Vanessa- Butterfly.

I say softly. Josh smiles, kissing my nose.

Josh- I hate to bring down the mood but I'm going to talk to the manager tomorrow and see if we can get Chase kicked off but in the meantime, do you just want to stay in the hotel tomorrow? I'm sure Gia would stay with you, I would stay with you but my manager would hate that and she could possibly kick me out.

Vanessa- I get that you can't stay with me but I don't want to see him so if your sure it's okay, I would like to stay in the room tomorrow.

Josh nods.

Josh- Yeah of course it's okay. I'll call Coop and see if he has Gia yet and then tell them to come to our room.

I nod as Josh calls Cooper. He answers on what had to have been one of the last rings.

Cooper- H-Hey Josh.

Cooper says, out of breath. I look over to Joshes phone and I saw Cooper all sweaty and his hair was all messed up.

Gia- Ow.

We heard Gia bump something in the background. They 100% just had car sex.

Vanessa- Gianna Hope Wilson did you just have car sex?

I laugh as Gia comes into the frame.

Cooper- I told her. I hope it's okay V.

Vanessa- Yeah, I was going to tell her anyway.

Cooper smiles and so does Gia.

Vanessa- Anyways, back to the car sex.

Josh chuckles.

Gia- I'll tell you later V.

I nod, going back on my phone while he talks to Cooper. When they finish talking, Josh sets his phone on the nightstand.

Josh- Do you want anything to eat baby?

Vanessa- Sure. I'll just get whatever you have.

Josh nods, picking up the hotel phone. He orders us room service and after a couple of minutes, Cooper and Gia get to the hotel. Gia immediately hugs me and Cooper dabs up Josh. Gia and Josh were talking about whatever Gia and Josh were talking about and Cooper was talking to me about his addiction. I still wasn't mad at him.

Vanessa- Cooper, absolutely nothing could make me blame you for what happened tonight. Nothing.

Cooper smiles.

Cooper- Thank you V. And I'm staying with you and Gia tomorrow. I just want to make sure you guys are okay.

Vanessa- Cooper I'll be fine- we'll be fine. You have to go.

Cooper shakes his head.

Cooper- I've made up my mind. Can't change it.

I laugh happily at Cooper's goofy smile.

@VanessaHall

Caption- hotel??

❤️- 89k
💬- 78k
↪️- 3k

A. N

I hope you guys enjoyed it! This is not proofread, I think it's fine but it's also late and I wanna go to bed but I wanted to get something out for you guys tonight! Love you guys and hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 13.4K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
365K 3.9K 74
When Bryce accidentally adds his sister Olivia to the sway group chat and Bryce has Olivia go to LA but Olivia starts catching feeling for one of the...
798K 13.6K 61
𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 OR in which a boy simps for a girl who happens to be his best f...
275K 3.2K 57
when olivia hossler moves down to LA with her big brother to live with him and his friends. how much drama will she find herself in? will she find he...