Butterflies ʲᵒˢʰᵘᵃ ʳⁱᶜʰᵃʳᵈˢ

By -RECOVERED

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀ 16-ʏᴇᴀʀ-ᴏʟᴅ ғᴀʟʟs ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴋᴛᴏᴋ ʙᴏʏ. ʙᴜᴛ sʜᴇ'ᴅ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ. sʜᴇ'ᴅ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ. ᴡɪ... More

ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏᴜʀ
sɪx
sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ**
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ**
ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰɪᴠᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ**
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx**
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx**
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ**
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ**
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ**
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sɪx
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ғɪғᴛʏ
ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
Fifty-three
Fifty-four

ꜰɪᴠᴇ

234 5 0
By -RECOVERED

June 6th, 2019

-

The Hall residence

-

Narrative-

After seeing her dad, Vanessa and her mother went to go get food and went shopping for some welcome home party gifts and decorations for her father. Now that they knew he was getting out, they wanted to start planning the welcome home party. When they got home, they started discussing how the party would go. After that, they watched a movie. Now, Vanessa had just gotten out of the shower.

Vanessa- Crap.

I realized I forgot my retainer in Bryce's bathroom. I'd been getting ready at night and in the morning in his bathroom because my mom wanted to re-paint my bathroom so basically, I couldn't use my bathroom for a week. I leave my bathroom and walk into Bryce's room. Just as I opened the door, I saw Josh taking off his shirt.

Vanessa- Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know you were still here.

Josh puts his shirt back on as I walk into Bryces' bathroom. I grab my retainer from his bathroom and walk back into Bryces' room.

Josh- Tell me why we can't even be friends.

Josh says, looking me in the eye.

Josh- We had something Vanessa, I know we did. I've never felt like this with anyone, I've never wanted anyone so much.

I step closer to him.

Vanessa- I want you too. So bad. But the night we met, I had literally just broken up with my boyfriend and although he cheated, I still felt like it was too soon to be even talking to a guy and I knew if we were friends, I'd want more than that.

Josh- Do you still think it's too soon?

Josh moves even closer, leaving the tiniest bit of space between our bodies.

Vanessa- No. My mom made me realize that by not exploring things with you, I'm letting him hurt me all over again. So screw him.

Josh smiles.

Josh- So does that mean I can take you on a date?

I smile and I nod. Josh puts his hands on my waist and slowly leans in. Just as he was about to kiss me, Bryce walks in. I pull away from him, looking at my brother.

Bryce- Am I interrupting?

Bryce says, laughing. I clear my throat awkwardly as I walk past Josh.

Vanessa- I was just getting my retainer.

I say to Bryce.

Bryce- Mhm that's not all you were getting.

I throw one of Bryce's pillows at him before leaving the room. I put my retainer in the middle of the hallway and then I go to my mom's room. I shut her door behind me.

Vanessa- Mom! You will never believe this. I'm going on a date with Josh! And he almost kissed me but Bryce walked in and interrupted us.

My mom smiles.

Lisa- Honey that's great. I'm so happy you're trying.

I leave my mom's room after a couple of minutes of talking to her. In the hallway, I saw Josh. He looked back at me and smiled. He turns to face me and walks toward me.

Josh- Just so we're clear, I would've kissed you in there if Bryce hadn't walked in.

I smile.

Vanessa- So about that date...

Josh- Please don't tell me you're already canceling.

I laugh.

Vanessa- No I just wanted to know when and where.

Josh- Well I was thinking tomorrow night and the where is going to be a surprise. Mostly because I don't know what we're doing yet.

I smile, leaning in for him to kiss me. Right before our lips touch, he speaks.

Josh- I think I wanna wait. To kiss you, I mean.

I pull away from him.

Vanessa- Are you trying to torture me?

Josh smiles. Those dimples were heavenly.

Josh- So can I get your number now?

Josh says, holding out his phone. I nod, grabbing his phone and putting my number in it.

Josh- Thanks. I'll text you.

Josh walks back into Bryce's room and I walk back into mine. I walk into my room too. It was around 9 pm so it wasn't too late but it was kind of a long day. I decided I was going to go for a night swim.
We had a decent-sized pool in our backyard and Bryce and me often when swimming together at night. I assumed Josh was sleeping over so I didn't want to ask Bryce. He'd probably say no anyway, he always does when he has people over.
I scrolled on TikTok for about 30 minutes before getting my swimsuit on and going downstairs. I tried to be quiet since I knew my mom was probably asleep and maybe Bryce and Josh were. Once I get to the pool, I just do a couple of laps but I was interrupted but my phone ringing. I swim to the side of the pool where my phone was and I saw that Gia was FaceTiming me. I answer, of course.

Vanessa- Hey Gia.

Gia- Hey V. Can I come over? I'm not having the best night and Coopers with his friends and I just really don't want to bother him so can I please come over?

I felt horrible for my best friend. I could tell she wasn't doing great.

Vanessa- Of course, Gia. Do you need me to pick you up?

Gia- No I can drive, I'll take my mom's car.

I nod.

Vanessa- Okay. Bring a swimsuit, we're swimming. Love you.

Gia- Okay, love you too.

Gia hangs up and my music resumes playing. I do a single lap around the pool and when I look up, I saw Bryce. He scared me, so I put my hand on my chest.

Vanessa- You scared me.

I chuckle, swimming over to where he was sitting, his feet in the water.

Bryce- It feels so surreal Ness and it hasn't even happened.

Vanessa- LA?

Bryce nods. I was happy he was excited and happy about this but I'd miss him like hell and if me and Josh last, I'd miss him too.

Vanessa- I'm so happy for you Bryce but I'm going to miss you like hell.

Bryce makes eye contact with me.

Bryce- I'm going to miss you too. Not seeing you and mom every day- the thought of that almost makes me not want to go.

Vanessa- You're going. Mom and I will be fine and we'll visit as often as we can. You have to do this for yourself and if not for yourself, for your family.

Bryce smiles.

Bryce- I love you, little sis.

Vanessa- I love you too Bryce.

Bryce splashes me.

Bryce- How was your make-out session?

Bryce was obviously holding back a laugh.

Vanessa- There was no make-out session because you walked in. Where is Josh anyway?

Bryce- He's sleeping upstairs. He fell asleep on that blow-up mattress while we were watching a movie.

I nod, trying to hide my smile from Bryce.

Bryce- So are you two a thing or what?

Vanessa- Would you be mad if we were?

Bryce- Absolutely not V. There are 2 reasons; he makes you happy and if you date him you have another reason to come to LA.

We both laugh.

Bryce- All jokes aside, I really like Josh and I think that you guys'll be a great couple.

I smile.

Vanessa- Thank you, Bryce. Also, I forgot to tell you but when we went to see dad, he said he could be getting out in 2 weeks.

Bryce's face lights up.

Bryce- Really? That's amazing!

Vanessa- I know, I was really excited too.

I saw headlights pull into my driveway and I knew Gia was here.

Vanessa- By the way, Gia's here.

Just as I said that Gia walked through the front door which was visible from the pool. Bryce and I both watch her walk across my house and into the backyard. She sits to the left of Bryce and puts her feet in the pool as well.

Bryce- Damn it's a swimming party?

Gia didn't have a shirt on over her bikini top but she had shorts on. She also had a bag with clothes in it. Bryce stands up.

Bryce- I'll be right back.

Bryce walks inside the house and goes up the stairs. My attention shifts back to my best friend.

Vanessa- So what's going on?

Gia takes a deep breath, holding back tears.

Gia- It's my parents. My mom- she cheated V. With his brother and all they've been doing is fighting and they think we don't hear but we do. I'm sorry I just really needed to get the fuck out of that house.

Vanessa- Gia, I am so sorry. Anytime you need to come over, you can. I wish there was more I could do for you. It's horrible that your parents are going through this but they'll figure out the best solution for them. I know they will.

Gia smiles.

Gia- Thank you V. Seriously, it means so much.

Vanessa- Of course, anytime. Now get in here. The water feels amazing.

Gia laughs as she stands up to take off her shorts and then she jumps in.

Vanessa- It's been like 5 minutes. I wonder where Bryce is.

Just as I said that Bryce comes running out of the house and yells 'Cannonball!' After that, we all just swam around for a little bit. We played pool games and honestly had an amazing time. When we went in, we all dried off and then decided we wanted to bake and make tiktoks. Honestly, it was the best night I'd had in a while and I'm so happy I got to spend it with my brother and best friend. We all went to bed around 3 am and Gia spent the night. As I think more about it, it was the last time I'd be baking shitty cookies at 3 am with my brother for a while.

@whoisvanessahall?

Caption- 3 am 🥶 @BryceHall @Giawilson3

❤️- 75k
💬- 68k
↪️- 7k

A.N

Hey guys! As usual, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give me feedback, good or bad. I hope you guys are doing good and have an amazing day/night! 🫶🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 502 42
The spell works and now I'm in scales every time I touch water!! What has happened to me!! I made this a while ago and wasn't really trying😂 but you...
55K 961 29
One night y/n goes to buy some ice cream and then...
636K 23.1K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
28.1K 490 19
Jade's life was simply miserable. When things start to take a turn for the better, her world comes crashing down. She is forced to live with a delusi...