Abandoned ✔️

By showerofgrace

As the silver-haired alpha breathes in toxic smoke to numb his broken soul in the stormy night, lightning bri... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: October Gift
Chapter 2: Jin and Joon
Chapter 3: OB-GYN
Chapter 4: Getting to Know You
Chapter 5: Our Pup
Chapter 6: Morning Pastel
Chapter 7: A Day Out
Chapter 9: Promise
Chapter 10: Happiness Shared
Chapter 11: Disrespect
🔞 Chapter 12: Heat
Chapter 13: Moved
🔞 Chapter 14: Sweet Darkness
Chapter 15: Beautiful
Chapter 16: Warmth
Chapter 17: Who You Are
Chapter 18: Respect
Chapter 19: Sweetness
🔞 Chapter 20: Safe For Once
🔞 Chapter 21: Painting
Chapter 22: House Warming
Chapter 23: We Will Protect You
Chapter 24: Lucky
Chapter 25: Wishes
Chapter 26: Family
Chapter 27: Big Boy
Chapter 28: Inheritance
Chapter 29: Please, Hold On
Chapter 30: I Don't Need More
Chapter 31: Side-by-Side
Chapter 32: New Alpha
Chapter 33: Different
Chapter 34: Solar Eclipse
Chapter 35: I Have You
Chapter 36: Saved All of Us
Chapter 37: Authornim
🔞 Chapter 38: Your Embrace
Chapter 39: Autobiography
Chapter 40: I Will Win
Chapter 41: Letting Go
Chapter 42: Maturing
🔞 Chapter 43: I Will Hold Onto You
🔞 Chapter 44: Embrace Me
Chapter 45: Safe
Chapter 46: The Jeons
Chapter 47: Always Yours
Chapter 48: Kim Jimin
Chapter 49: Aestas and Ignis
Chapter 50: Welcome Home
Chapter 51: Meet the Jeons
🔞 Chapter 52: Saved Us
🔞 Chapter 53: Family Warmth
Chapter 54: Appa and Alpha
Chapter 55: End of the Day
Chapter 56: Protect Our Pup
Chapter 57: Life and Death
Chapter 58: Growing Families
Chapter 59: Warmth
🔞 Chapter 60: I Know You
Chapter 61: Sweet Family
🔞 Chapter 62: I Am Here With You
Chapter 63: Freedom
Chapter 64: Courage
Chapter 65: Kindness and Warmth
🔞 Chapter 66: Never Let Go
Chapter 67: Aftermath
Chapter 68: Love
Chapter 69: Luna Jeon
Chapter 70: My Bond is Precious
Chapter 71: Send Them Back Home
Chapter 72: Crimson
Chapter 73: Crimson Sunrise
Chapter 74: The Calm After the Storm
Chapter 75: Justice
Chapter 76: Our Little Gem
Chapter 77: Red and Gold
Chapter 78: Sunsets Lead to Sunrises
Chapter 79: Our Little True Blood
Chapter 80: No Repentance
🔞 Chapter 81: In Your Arms
Special Chapter 1
🔞 Special Chapter 2
Special Chapter 3
Special Chapter Finale

Chapter 8: Precious Gift

4.1K 248 86
By showerofgrace

After setting up the new phone for Jin, Namjoon begins preparing for work. Jin watches and realizes that he will miss Namjoon while he is at work. He is becoming attached to the alpha at an alarming rate, but he is not frightened because Namjoon is becoming attached just as fast.

"Be careful driving to work and back home. I saw that it is going to rain again tonight." Jin tells Namjoon as the alpha puts on his shoes to leave.

"I'll be extra careful." Namjoon smiles and gently caresses Jin's face. "If you get hungry, there is some congee that I made that is in the warmer. You can put whatever you want on it. Plus, there are the snacks on the counter. If anything happens, call me. I will come as quickly as possible. If nothing happens but you want to talk, text or call. I'll answer." Namjoon leans down and presses a soft kiss on Jin's forehead.

"I'll probably text you." Jin grins and hugs the alpha.

"I'll be home at around 11." Namjoon tells Jin as he hugs the omega back. "Appa will be home soon, so take care of your Eomma while I'm gone." The alpha coos as he lowers to Taehyung's level and presses a kiss on the baby bump. Jin coos at Namjoon's tender words and touch.

"Be safe." Jin smiles as Namjoon walks out the door.

"I'll be back. Rest, Jin." Namjoon smiles then shuts the door, leaving Jin in the large apartment.

The omega sighs and looks around the empty apartment and begins to wonder how Namjoon lived here alone. As he wanders around the apartment, he opens the door to one of the other rooms and sees the halted renovations. He remembers the phone call that Namjoon made earlier that day to the company that's doing the renovations, asking them to put it on pause for the moment.

The empty apartment is way too big for the omega, so he quickly goes to their room and curls up in the nest. As he lies there, he notices that some of the clothes are losing their scent, so he quickly replaces them with Namjoon's clothes in the hamper. At this moment, Jin is beyond grateful that Namjoon scented him. The omega snuggles his face into the sweater he is wearing and breathes in Namjoon's scent.

As the omega drifts off to sleep, Namjoon arrives at the restaurant to prepare it for opening hours. When he walks in, they all look up at him with questions in their eyes.

"He's ok. I overreacted." Namjoon mumbles and walks into the break room to change into his uniform.

"You couldn't have told us over the group message?!" One of the chefs shouts and storms into the room.

"Just so everyone knows, his mate is gorgeous!" The sous chef sings as he prepares his area.

"You met him?" They all gasp with big eyes, begging to hear more.

"He's sweet, too. I don't know how this grouchy alpha got himself an omega as sweet as him." The sous chef dramatically explains.

"I knew that Kim had to have a mate since he never flirts back with anyone." The owner mumbles with a grin.

"Makes sense." They all mutter and nod.

At this moment, Namjoon is beyond grateful that he told his horny ass to not sleep with any of his co-workers. He doesn't want anyone to know about Jin's past. He wants all of that pain to be erased. As he thinks about it, he hasn't slept with anyone in about six months.

"What does his mate look like?" The new chef asks as he tries to imagine the omega.

"He is absolutely stunning. Namjoon had him bundled up from head to toe, so I can't really comment on his body. But his face is that of an angel." The sous chef explains and grins at Namjoon who huffs and turns away.

As they all croon over Jin, no one notices that one of them is completely quiet and staring at Namjoon with pain in her eyes. Everyone has joked that she would be the one that Namjoon eventually falls for, everyone except Namjoon. He's always been quiet. 

She feels jealousy rage through her when Namjoon's phone dings, and he smiles as he looks at the message.

"Is that the mate?" The beta chef asks with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

"Yes." Namjoon answers and quickly texts back.

"Is he ok?" The sous chef asks and tries to peak at the message.

"He's fine." Namjoon mumbles and hides his phone.

"He said that Taehyung kicked him awake. Who's Taehyung?" The beta asks after catching a glance at the phone in Namjoon's hand.

"Our pup." Namjoon answers and places his phone back in his pocket.

"Wow, Kim over here is the one who would scold us if we had our phones with us, but here he is." One of the chefs grins and shakes his head.

"He's six months pregnant with a large alpha pup." Namjoon explains and seasons his pans.

"Oh wow. He's only six months?! I thought he was further along since the baby bump is already so big." The sous chef exclaims in surprise.

"That's why I'm worried." Namjoon mumbles and sighs.

"Did something happen yesterday that caused you to be so frantic?" The owner asks when he sees the alpha's slumped shoulders.

"He threw up then he later passed out from exhaustion while in the bath and almost drowned." Namjoon quietly explains and tries to snap out of his worry.

"Damn. No wonder why you left faster than lightning yesterday." The sous chef mumbles and nods in understanding.

"Keep your phone with you. If anything happens, go home. I understand the worries of having a pregnant mate." The owner smiles then leaves to welcome the guests.

"He'll be ok." Namjoon mutters to himself and prepares his ingredients for the night.

As his work night continues, the alpha cooks up delicious dish one after another. No one could have guessed that he constantly stopped to read the messages the omega would send him. Jin would send him adorable updates about Taehyung and the weather, and Namjoon coos every time he reads a message.

When it is time for his break, he grabs his cigarettes and goes outside. Once he's lighted a cigarette, he calls Jin.

"Hello?" Jin's sweet voice rings over the phone which causes the alpha to smile.

"Hey, Jin." Namjoon softy answers and puffs out smoke.

"How is work going?" Jin asks as he snuggles with Namjoon's pillow.

"It's going well. No crazy incidents yet." The alpha chuckles and wonders what Jin is up to.

"That's good. So, the rain is supposed to be lighter when you drive home, but still be careful because the roads will still be wet." Jin tells Namjoon as he places his phone on speaker and looks at his weather app.

"Thank you for looking after me. It means a lot." Namjoon whispers and looks up at the stormy night sky.

"It's not much compared to what you do for me." Jin mutters and buries his face in the pillow, wanting more of Namjoon's scent.

"It means the world to me. No one has cared enough to tell me to be careful in the rain." The alpha smiles when he hears the omega's soft whine.

"I will always tell you about the weather because I want you to stay safe." Jin softly tells Namjoon as his eyes water up.

"Thank you, Jin." Namjoon smiles and closes his eyes and breathes in warm smoke then blows it from his nose.

"Taehyung is fussy because I'm hungry." Jin huffs and gets up from the bed.

"Be careful heating up the food." Namjoon happily mutters as he listens to Jin walking around the apartment.

"Chef Kim, the kitchen is getting busy."

"Oh ok. Jin, I've gotta go. Be careful and get some rest. I'll call you before I leave." Namjoon quickly tells Jin as he snuffs out his cigarette.

"Ok. I'll talk to you later. Have a good rest of your work." Jin smiles as they hang up.

"Why are you back so fast?" The sous chef asks when Namjoon quickly walks in.

"Chaewon said that it was getting busy." Namjoon answers and puts on his apron.

"It's not that busy. We can handle it." The beta mumbles and looks at Chaewon in confusion.

"We usually get busier at this time. I just wanted him to be ready." She answers and walks to her station.

Namjoon lets out a sound of frustration and annoyance from her answer and snatches another cigarette and storms outside. It is his normal break time. It's not like he's taking up time that's not his.

"Joon? Is everything ok?" Jin asks when he answers the phone.

"I'm ok. One of my coworkers was being an ass." Namjoon huffs and watches the smoke blow into the air.

"Why were they being mean?" Jin asks with a slight growl.

"Don't know. She's been moody all day." Namjoon mumbles and relaxes as he listens to Jin eating.

"Maybe her heat or rut is coming." Jin wonders as he finishes his bowl of congee.

"Could be. I wouldn't know. I don't think that I become snappy when my rut comes." Namjoon murmurs and tries to think when was the last time she took off her three days for her rut.

"She could have had an argument with her partner or mate." Jin suggests and washes out his bowl.

"You don't have to wash your dishes. I'll wash them when I get back. You should be in bed resting. I don't even know if she has a partner or not." Namjoon tells Jin and takes a deep breath from his cigarette.

"I can do the dishes. It's just a bowl and spoon. If she doesn't have a partner, then her rut will be rough. She's and alpha, right?" Jin mutters and goes to bed to snuggle with Namjoon's pillow.

"She's an alpha, and yeah that'll be rough. She might have someone who she ruts with. I used to do that, but this past year I kind of got tired of finding another alpha or beta to rut with. So I just went to the rut houses and let it wear off on its own." Namjoon explains and looks at the glowing cigarette in his hand.

"When is your next rut?" Jin asks and plays with the blanket

"I only rut four times a year, so my next one will happen in two months. Don't worry, I'll go to a rut house even though we'll be mates by that time because you will be too pregnant by then. I don't want to hurt you and Taehyung." Namjoon smiles at the thought of being Jin's mate in less than a month.

"I don't want you to be alone and in pain." Jin mumbles and tries to push the thoughts of Namjon being in a rut room alone.

"I'll be ok. There are suppressors that I can buy there that make rutting not so bad. I just don't want to leave you alone for three days that close to the due date." Namjoon softly tells Jin and reaches out to catch some rain.

"Wait, I thought that our cycles reset once we mate. Your rut won't happen until three months after we mate which means that Taehyung will already be born by the time your next rut happens." Jin realizes and smiles in relief.

"That's very true." Namjoon smiles when he hears Jin's happy voice.

"Everything will be ok." Jin sighs in relief and pats his tummy.

"Yes, everything will be ok." Namjoon coos then checks the time to see that it is time for him to go back inside. "I have to go now. My break is over." The alpha softly tells Jin and snuffs the butt of his cigarette out.

"Ok. I'll talk to you later. Be careful to not hurt yourself while cooking." Jin smiles and waits for Namjoon's answer.

"I will be careful. Get some rest. I'll talk to you later, Jinnie." Namjoon hums and hangs up.

"So, how's the mate?" The sous chef asks when Namjoon walks back in with a smile on his face.

"He's ok. He just ate because Taehyung was being a brat." Namjoon chuckles and looks at the orders.

"Are you excited to be a father soon?" The beta asks and hands Namjoon the ingredients he needs.

"I am." The alpha nods and begins heating up his pan.

"Chef Kim, one of the guests would like to meet you to compliment the olive wagyu that you made him." A waiter tells Namjoon when he walks into the kitchen.

"Ok." Namjoon mumbles and hands what he is currently cooking to the sous chef.

When he walks out of the kitchen, he sees an alpha friend of his father sitting at the table with his alpha wife and alpha daughter. Namjoon politely bows when he reaches the table then smiles at the family.

"Just as always, that was the best steak I have ever had." The older alpha praises Namjoon and stands up to hug the younger alpha.

"Thank you. I am glad that you enjoyed it." Namjoon smiles and politely hugs the older alpha.

"I always call to make sure that you are the one running the kitchen before I come here. Have you met my daughter, Lee Hana?" The older alpha asks and motions for his daughter to stand.

"I have not. It is a pleasure to meet you." Namjoon smiles and bows.

"It is lovely to meet you as well." She smiles and bows back.

"What is that sweet scent on you? Is there a new dessert?" The mother asks when she catches a subtle, sweet scent coming from the young alpha.

"It is probably the scent of my mate. He's pregnant, so his scent is stronger and sweeter." Namjoon politely explains, but makes sure to tell them about Jin because he knows they are here to match him with their daughter.

"Mate? I did not realize that you have a mate." The mother looks at Namjoon in shock.

"He's been at home due to the pregnancy. Carrying an alpha pup is difficult for him." Namjoon explains with a smile.

"Congratulations on your mate's pregnancy." The man smiles and motions for his daughter to sit back down.

"Thank you." Namjoon smiles and itches to leave as quickly as possible.

"Your father did not tell me that you have a mate, let alone a pregnant mate." The man mutters and waits for Namjoon's answer.

"That's because I haven't been able to see him since I met my mate." Namjoon explains and looks to a waiter to save him.

"I am terribly sorry, but Chef Kim, the kitchen needs you." The waiter smiles and saves Namjoon from the older alpha's questions.

The moment his night is over, Namjoon quickly goes home but is careful. When he walks into his apartment, he takes a deep breath of Jin's sweet scent then walks into their room.

"How was work?" Jin chirps and sits up when Namjoon walks into the room.

"It was good, but I missed you." Namjoon smiles and lies down next to the omega.

"I missed you, too." Jin croons and rests his head on Namjoon's chest.

"One of my father's friends showed up towards the end to introduce me to his daughter. I ended up telling them about you." Namjoon mutters and plays with Jin's soft hands.

"Really? Was she pretty?" Jin asks out of curiosity.

"I actually don't remember what she looked like." The alpha mumbles and kisses Jin's hands.

"I'm sure that she was pretty. You're just a grouchy Prince." Jin grins and watches Namjoon play with his hands.

"There is that." The alpha chuckles then slides his arm underneath Jin and around the omega's hips to pull him closer.

"Are you really going around, telling everyone about me?" Jin asks and begins tracing Namjoon's face with his slender fingers.

"Mhm." Namjoon hums and closes his eyes when the omega's fingers trace over his eyebrows.

"I would wait in that stormy night for you for days to meet you again." Jin whispers and flattens his palm against the side of the alpha's face.

"I would go out there every day to find you no matter the weather." Namjoon whispers and presses Jin's body against his.

"Can we go to a park tomorrow? I used to sit at a certain park and watch families and couples while wishing that someday that would be me. At night, the stars would twinkle so brightly. Five nights before we met, a shooting star raced across the sky. I begged that star to grant the one wish I never thought would be granted, yet here you are." Jin cries and gets lost in Namjoon's gorgeous eyes.

"I wish that I could find that star and thank it for bringing me the most wonderful gift, two gifts." Namjoon smiles and places his large hand on Jin's swollen tummy.

"Joon, you are my precious gift from the heavens."

-photo edited by Lily-Sabrina.-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 279 5
you met him in the night, in your dreams. the beautiful boy--kylo ren. he was warm, so warm you felt the tingling on your skin throughout the endless...
729K 26.9K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
428K 22.4K 23
[COMPLETED] Taehyung is the 18-year-old father of Jimin. Going through life with a child isn't easy at such a young age, the bills and jobs are pilli...
1M 64.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...