Lovebug

By faitenet

[ marinette dupain-cheng / ladybug x f. reader ] ˚₊·➳❥ You become the holder of the miraculous of the cat to... More

playlist!
I | Stoneheart; part¹
II | Stoneheart; part²
III | The Bubbler
IV | Stormy Weather
V | Copycat
VI | Lady Wifi
VII | The Evillustrator
VIII | Rogercop
IX | Horrificator
X | Princess Fragrance
XI | Gamer
XIII | The Collector
XIV | Prime Queen
XV | Despair Bear
XVI | Befana
XVII | The Dark Owl
XVIII | Gigantitan
XIX | Glaciator
XX | The Sapotis
XXI | Cheese Supplier
XXII | Captain Hardrock
XXIII | Zombizou
XXIV | Frozer
XXV | Red Claws
XXVI | Envy; part¹
XXVII | Envy; part²
Special | Halloween Party
XXVIII | Malediktator
Special | Merry Christmas!
XXIX | heroes day; part¹
XXX | heroes day; part²
XXXI | Animaestro
XXXII | Plantera
XXXIII | Weredad
XXXIV | Silencer
XXXV | Oni-Chan
XXXVI | Oblivio
XXXVII | Party Crasher

XII | Volpina

2.6K 132 15
By faitenet

As you walked in the school, the only thing people were talking about was Lila. Lila this, Lila that. "[Y/N]!" You heard Adrien yell. You looked up seeing Adrien with a girl you'd never seen before. You walked up, the new girl immediately rushing to you with sweet smile and a handshake. "Hi! I'm Lila. You must be [Y/N], of course." You nodded, giving her a smile in return.

"I am. I hear everyone talking about you, Lila." Lila leaned on your arm resting her head on your shoulder. "Well, life as a celebrity can be hard. Adrien understands, right Adrien?" Adrien scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh, yeah."

"You know, Adrien was talking a lot about you." She whispers in your ear. "Are you two together." You quickly shake your head. "No. Just friends."

"Oh, good. Let's go." Lila stands between you and Adrien, holding your wrist in one hand and Adrien's in another. She leads you both to the library sitting at one of the tables. "I'll be right back." She said before leaving to get another book.

Adrien looks around for a minute, nudging you for your attention. "Look at what I found." He takes out a big book, opening it to the middle. It was of superheroes. Not just any superheroes. It had what you assumed was information of the miraculous; either written in another language or code, you couldn't understand it. Your eyes widen, flipping through a few of the pages quickly to glance at the pictures. "Where did you find this?" You asked.

"I found it in a safe. My dad-" he cuts himself off, you cover the book with another book when Lila comes back. "We can all work on that history project together. It's better we do it together, don't you think?" She eyes the book sat between you, pulling it closer to her. "What's that?"

"N-nothing, just stories about... superheroes." Adrien covers. She puts her hand over Adrien's looking at him with big innocent eyes. "I love superheroes."

She flips through the pages giving you time to look at them for longer too. Her eyes linger on a fox-like one longer than she did the others. She gasps landing on the page with Ladybug. "She's amazing." Adrien gushes. Lila picks up her chair moving to sit closer to Adrien. "A girl doesn't need to wear a costume to be amazing, you know?"

While the two were distracted with each other, you took the book back bringing it in front of you, then slowly distancing yourself from them. "You know, I happen to be very close friends with Ladybug." You side eye her, waiting for her to say more. "Really?" She nods. "We can chat more about it if you want, not here though. Why don't we meet at the part after school. And [Y/N]," She paused, you looked back up at her seeing the same sweet smile as before. "I want you to come too. I like you. And you too seemed interested in Ladybug." 

You looked at her with wide eyes, quickly going back to a small smile. "Okay. I'll see you then, Lila." Adrien's phone dings with him quickly standing up. "I gotta go. I've got a lesson in fifty eight seconds." He rushed putting all his books in his bag. You looked at Adrien then the book. You shook your head facing away from the two, sliding it in your backpack then walking away waving.

You sped walked away from everyone, trying to get home. Something felt off, like someone was following you. You abruptly stopped walking, looking around to see if anyone really was watching you. Just as you were about to start walking again, a small bam sound is heard in the ally around the corner. You cautiously walk closer, just peaking your head around.

Shocked overcame you, eyes wide, and mouth slightly open. It was Marinette on the ground rubbing her head. "Marinette? Are you okay?" You asked, seeing as she looked a little dizzy. She held the wall next to her helping herself back on her feet. "Y-[Y/N]! Yeah I'm okay!"

You scratch the back of your neck looking to the side. "Uh... were you... following me?"

Her faced paled, every bit of color draining from her face. She looked embarrassed- no more than embarrassed if it was possible. "I-I-I- well- I was at the library and past you and Adrien, and the book you two had looked interesting and well I just-" You almost couldn't comprehend what Marinette had said, she was talking so fast.

"You were interested in the book?" You asked, taking off your backpack and taking out the book Adrien had showed you. Her head nodded rapidly, gently taking the book from your hands. She set it on the ground, taking pictures of the pages then gave it back. "I-I'm sorry."

You laughed. "It's okay. Just ask next time instead of following me. It'll be less creepy." You nudged her shoulder teasingly. You slightly frowned walking away from Marinette. "Well, I have to go to the park to meet someone. I'll see you later, Marinette."

You arrived first, Lila giving you a warm greeting. You notice a necklace around her neck, one she wasn't wearing this morning. Not soon after, Adrien showed up, Lila in the middle, you on her right and Adrien on her left. "So you do know Ladybug, for real?" He asked.

You're smart enough to realize that Adrien has a possible crush on the superhero girl. He wasn't the only one.

Lila nodded affirmingly. "Not only did Ladybug save my life, we've become really close friends. Because we have something very special in common. It's what I wanted to tell you guys about. I'm the descendant of a vixen superheroine myself, Volpina."

"Volpina?" You and Adrien questioned at the same time. "I think I read about her in my book." Adrien turns around, reaching for his backpack. Your eyes widen about to stop him, Lila beats you to it. "Of course she's in your book. She's one of the most important superheroes. More power and celebrated than Ladybug. Between you and me, Ladybug doesn't even make the top ten. Even Catwoman is better than her." Lila shows you both the fox tail necklace. "My grandma gave me this necklace."

"Wow..." Adrien whispered. You took ahold of it pulling it away from her. "You're telling me this is a miraculous?" She nods making a "mhm" sound.

Ladybug suddenly appears in front of you shocking everyone. "Hey, Lila. How's it going? Long time no see. I saw your interview on the Ladyblog. Awesome job. Sure, I remember our instant connection when I saved your life. And we've been good friends ever since, practically bffs. Actually, when did I save your life? I don't recall. Oh, yes, of course, now I remember. Never! And we're not friends either. Miss show-off here was trying to impress you and everyone around her."

"So, I'm guessing you're not really a descendant of a superhero either?" Adrien asked, putting a hand on her cheek. "More like a super-liar."

"How dare you?" Lila cried, running away. Adrien tried chasing after her but didn't get far, leaving you and Ladybug alone.

You raised a brow at Ladybug giving her a confused look. "What was that all about? I get she was lying but, was all that really necessary?" Ladybug crossed her arms over her chest. "I-I don't put up with lies especially when they're about me." She then ran away right before Adrien ran back to you.

"What just happened?"

"I have no idea."

"Do you... do you have a crush on Ladybug?" You asked hesitantly, walking back to the bench and sitting down. He followed. "Kinda, but I don't know her personally so... but I also really like Catwoman, I admire her personality and determination."

You agreed. "Yeah, she's pretty cool."

"Did Ladybug say anything about her outburst before leaving?" You nodded with a sigh. "She just said she doesn't like liars or lying, especially when its about her. I guess it's kind of understandable, but she still could've gone with a different approach." Adrien frowned.

"Well I have to go. My dad will probably get worried." Adrien got off the bench turning back to you. "Yeah, same. Bye, I'll see you later." You waved at Adrien before walking away towards your house.

When you entered, your mom cheered pulling in for a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Mom." You pouted. She only smiled, walking back to the kitchen to finishing cooking. You decided to watch tv; that was short lived, seeing a meteor heading straight towards one of the buildings. You land to your room shutting the door behind you. "Plagg, claws out!"

You quickly jumped out the widow in your room (making sure no one was around to see, of course), racing to where the meteor was heading. Right as you were about to jump into action, a new hero came to the rescue. She landed back on the building making an announcement. "I am Volpina. The only superhero Paris needs." The civilians immediately started cheering for the new hero, as if you or Ladybug hadn't saved them more than once.

A few seconds later Ladybug landed next to you in a confused state. "Volpina?" She questioned. You shrugged. "I guess we've got ourselves a new partner."

"Don't you think it's weird this superhero is just appearing out of no where?"

You paused, thinking for a second. It was suspicious
the more you think about it. "It is a little suspicious, but at least she got the job done."

"I could've easily stopped that meteorite myself." Ladybug crossed her arms over her chest with a pouty look on her face.

"Maybe, but you didn't need to sense she was here." You put a hand on Ladybugs shoulder, tugging it so she'd look at you. "Ladybug, you're still an important hero to Paris. We both are. I think it'll be nice for us to get a little extra help. Yeah?" Ladybug face relaxed a bit, she opened her mouth to speak but stopped. She side eyed the new hero that had just landed next to you both.

"Hey guys, glad you dropped in. I need a hand. Come on." Volpina ran off, startling you. Regardless, you and Ladybug both followed her, wherever she was going. She stopped on on of the buildings, hiding behind a small wall.

You gasped looking at the figure in front of you. "I can't believe it. It's Hawkmoth. For real."

"He never shows up. Something big is going on. Really big." Ladybug said.

"We can take him down, but it'll take all three of us. We better make the most of our individual talents." Volpina added, Ladybug continued glaring at her. "Very nice to meet you by the way, Catwoman. Cool outfit."

You scratched the back of you neck, smiling. "Thanks. You too, Volpina." Ladybug gagged, looking back at Hawkmoth. "First the meteorite, now Hawkmoth appearing, both on the same day? Don't you think that's a little bit unusual?"

"Why would you say that?" Volpina quickly defended. "You did say something big was going on. Maybe this is just part of his plan."

"I was talking to Catwoman." Ladybug rolled her eyes pulling you away from Volpina. "Is something wrong, Ladybug? You've been pretty unusual today."

"I'm fine. Just fine. Say, Volpina, what's your miraculous?"

"My Necklace."

"What power does it give you?"

"The power of flight and super strength."

Your face scrunched up. "That's is?" You asked, sounding ruder than meaning to. "Excuse me?" Volpina glared.

"Ladybug has her lucky charm, and I have my... you know. We also have super strength. The only thing you really have is flight. You can't do anything." Ladybug smirked, nodding her head at your statement. "Unless you're hiding your actual power."

"Well-" Volpina stopped, looking back at Hawkmoth and pointing. "He's getting away!" She flew after him, you and Ladybug following after.

You landed again, Volpina in the middle. "Ladybug, go left. Catwoman, take the right. I'll come from.. behind."

"No! I'll go right, Catwoman from behind, and you... take the left."

Volpina laughed. "Fine. Makes no difference to me." She flew off leaving you and Ladybug behind.

"I get what you're saying, Ladybug. Something is off, but if this is real, we have to handle this situation better." You extended your staff straight off.

As you were heading right for Hawkmoth, you saw that he disappeared, then reappeared in a different area. It kept happing over and over, leading further away from the others. You stopped, looking around for Ladybug and Volpina. Something was off. You felt it. You turned to "Hawkmoth" one last time then went the opposite direction where Ladybug was supposed to be. On your way back you got a call from Ladybug.

"Is Volpina with you, Catwoman?" Ladybug asked.

"No."

"Hawkmoth was never there. Illusion is Volpina's power. She creates illusions, like Hawkmoth. She's not a real superhero. She was akumatized by Hawkmoth." Ladybug informed.

"Oh. Do you know why?"

"I think it's partly my fault. I ruined her chances with a guy she likes and embarrassed her in front of her friend."

Lila.

"I'm sure she's going to his or her house. I'll send you his address, meet me there." Ladybug hung up, sending you Adrien's address not long after.

When you got to Adriens house, you entered through his bathroom window that was conveniently already open. You hid behind the wall while Adrien talked to Volpina. Ladybug then flew into the room and Volpina groaned. "See that I mean? She's jealous of me... of you, of us. But this time you won't ruin our date, Ladybug."

"Hm. Excuse me, but it wasn't really quite a date, per say. I mean, what I meant was, it could become one, right? No need to get bent out of shape." Ladybug interrupted Adrien's speech, pulling Volpina's attention off him. You whispered to Adrien, still hiding in the bathroom.

"Adrien." You motioned for him to come in the bathroom, quickly shutting and locking the door behind him. "C-catwoman? What is going on right now? No one really... told me." You rolled your eyes giving him a "you don't wanna know" look.

"It's a long story. You should hide. Do you have somewhere close I could take you?" He shook his head. You tapped your foot on the ground thinking of anywhere at all. "Just- just hide under the sink."

"Don't go anywhere." You said, closing the cabinet. You went back out the bathroom window, re-entering through Adrien's room window.

"Sorry, had a little trouble finding the place." Volpina blew her flute creating multiple illusions of herself. Ladybug flung her yo-yo at the group, everyone disappeared, including the real one. You looked outside the window holding Adrien's hand. "Catwoman, she's taken Adrien!"

"It's an illusion."

"How are you so sure?" You and Ladybug ran to the bathroom, she immediately ran towards the window. "See, I told you!"

You opened the cabinet under the sinking, seeing the real Adrien still there. You let out a sigh of relief, then frowned realizing Ladybug didn't believe you and left to follow the illusionist. "Can I come out now? It's a little cramped." You nodded, grabbing Adrien's hand to help him out.
"Now I'll be right back."

You ran out the window, jumping and extending your staff to catch up to Ladybug. Volpina held herself near the top of the Eiffel Tower, dangling illusion Adrien by his wrist. "Give me your miraculous or I'll drop him!" Volpina threatened.

"I thought you loved him!"

"Not as much as seeing you two defeated! No head feelings." Volpina started letting go finger by finger. Ladybug fell defeated, preparing to take off her earrings. You went closer to her, still smiling. "No need for that, bugaboo." You threw your staff up to the illusion causing it to disappear.

The real Volpina growled on the other side of the Eiffel Tower, going up to the top. You and Ladybug followed her up, met with multiple Volpina's as you landed. "Lucky charm!" Ladybug called. A chocolate popsicle landed back in her hands. "I think I've got an idea to take out Volpina."

You wanted to question how, but trusted her. "Cataclysm!"

Ladybug flashed the wrapper of the popsicle at the Volpina's, only one of them having a reaction. You leaped forward, dragging you hand on the section Volpina stood below. It collapsed, trapping Volpina in.

"Trapped, like a fox."  Volpina groaned, putting her hands on the poles to pull them off her. You grabbed the fox tail necklace from her neck throwing it on the ground to smash it.

Ladybug opened her yo-yo preparing the to purify the akuma. "Time to de-evilise! Gocha! Bye-bye, little butterfly. Miraculous Ladybug!" The little Ladybug's went around fixing everything that had been previously broken.

"Ladybug?! Catwoman?" Lila questioned, looking around confused. You smiled at her, reaching your hand out to help her back on her feet.

"Lila. I totally over reacted earlier, and never should've spoken to you like that. I'm sorry." Lila brushed Ladybudy's hand away, leaning closer to you. "For get it, Ladybug, you were right, we'll never be friends." She walked away picking her fox necklace up on the way.

"Ouch." You spoke. Ladybug sighed, rubbing her forehead. "There's only one problem. Where's Adrien?"

You put your hand on Ladybug'a shoulder. "He was hiding in the cabinet under the sink. I told you he was okay. You have to trust me Ladybug. We're partners for a reason."

Ladybug looked up at you, wrapping her arms around your waist into a hug. You were taken aback for a moment before returning it lovingly. "Okay. You're right." She pulled away, her fingertips still grazing over your hip. "Can you still check to see if Adrien is safe?"

You nodded with a smile. "Of course." Just then your ring beeped. "I've got be be quick before I detransform. Bye m'lady!"

. . . - 🐾

You landed back in your room and in your civilian attire. You took the book of miraculous out your bag waving it around at Plagg. He flew over to you carrying a big piece of cheese with him. "Do you know what this book is, Plagg?"

"Hm." He hummed, flipping through the pages. He suddenly gasped, stuffing the rest of the cheese in his mouth. "What?!" You question.

"I don't know what this means, but it looks important."

Your eye twitched, giving Plagg a death glare. "Are you serious."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 49.9K 47
"I just don't understand, Chat. I thought...all this time...," she clenched her fists at her sides and stared up at him, "What changed?" Chat Noir st...
42.4K 703 23
After the appearance of Glaciator, a new Akuma has created a whirlwind of emotions that will either bring Ladybug and Cat Noir together or tear them...
207K 8K 57
𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗: 13th SEPTEMBER 2016 𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟: A MIRACULOUS FUTURE (Completed in 2021) Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Paris's infamous superhero...
1.2K 48 19
Based on Miraculous the tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir: Marinette finally makes her decision about who should deserve her love and as Ladybug she woul...