Lovebug

By faitenet

[ marinette dupain-cheng / ladybug x f. reader ] ˚₊·➳❥ You become the holder of the miraculous of the cat to... More

playlist!
I | Stoneheart; part¹
II | Stoneheart; part²
III | The Bubbler
IV | Stormy Weather
V | Copycat
VI | Lady Wifi
VII | The Evillustrator
VIII | Rogercop
X | Princess Fragrance
XI | Gamer
XII | Volpina
XIII | The Collector
XIV | Prime Queen
XV | Despair Bear
XVI | Befana
XVII | The Dark Owl
XVIII | Gigantitan
XIX | Glaciator
XX | The Sapotis
XXI | Cheese Supplier
XXII | Captain Hardrock
XXIII | Zombizou
XXIV | Frozer
XXV | Red Claws
XXVI | Envy; part¹
XXVII | Envy; part²
Special | Halloween Party
XXVIII | Malediktator
Special | Merry Christmas!
XXIX | heroes day; part¹
XXX | heroes day; part²
XXXI | Animaestro
XXXII | Plantera
XXXIII | Weredad
XXXIV | Silencer
XXXV | Oni-Chan
XXXVI | Oblivio
XXXVII | Party Crasher

IX | Horrificator

2.6K 124 68
By faitenet

The entire class stayed after school to film a video for a contest. You were one of the makeup artists, doing slight touch ups in between scenes. Except, you haven't had to do much at all, as they couldn't get past the first scene.

"Agent Smith, it's too dangerous. We must evacuate." Officer Jones, who was played by Adrien said to Agent Smith, who was played my Mylene.
"You're suggesting we run, Officer Jones? After it devoured my family, my friends, even my beloved dog, Sniffles? Never! I won't run. I no longer fear it! I'm going to face it. Then I'll-" Mylene got scared of the monster, hiding behind the teachers desk. "Sorry, Mylene." Ivan apologized, he were the one in behind the monster mask.

"Mylene, that's like the tenth take, and we're only on the first scene." Nino complained. You honestly wanted to too, but you weren't doing much anyway so there was no reason to. You sat in Adrien's desk, testing out certain makeup products on your own skin. "The fourteenth actually, but who's counting?" Alix corrected.

"I'm sorry." Mylene peaked her head from beneath the desk. "I'm gonna do better on the next take, I promise." Juleka had already starting touching up Adrien's makeup. "Anyone want some tea?" Rose offered.

Nino sighed. "You're playing a hero in the special forces. You're not supposed to get all freaked out."

"I know, but that monster mask he's wearing is so realistic and scary." Mylene frowned. Ivan held the mask up poking his fingers through the eye holes. "Just big old me, Mylene. Nothing to be scared of."

"If you ask me, he doesn't even need a mask." Chloe laughed, along with Sabrina. Rose walked around with a kettle of tea, in case anyone wanted any, in which you did. "Rose!" You called, just above a whisper. She walked over to you holding the kettle up like an on offer. "[Y/N], would you like some tea?" You nodded, holding a cup you used out for her to pour into. "Why thank you, Rose."

She bowed slightly, giving a sweet smile. You blew it for a couple seconds, then took a sip of the tea. Rose looked at you as if asking if it was good or not. You hummed, taking another another sip and nodding. "Rose, this tea is so good." She smiled thankfully, bowing her head slightly. "Thank you!"

You were about to speak to Rose again, the sound of Mylene's yelp taking everyone's attention. "And the Oscar for best pathetic scaredy-cat afraid of its own shadow goes to, Mylene!" Chloe mocks.

"Chloe, seriously?" Adrien frowns. Chloe still kept a snarky smile on her face. "Yeah, so what?" Mylene rushed out the classroom, keeping herself from crying in front of everyone. Marinette walked out after her, to no avail. "Anyone going after her?" Marinette gestured. Ivan took off the monster mask rushing to Mylene. "Mylene, wait!"

Nino rubbed his forehead, turning around to give Chloe a dirty look. "Epic, Chloe, just epic! What are we supposed to do without our leading actress?" Chloe scoffed. "Who needs her, anyway? She was totally lame."

"You're lame!" Ivan yells, now back by the front door. "Mylene is crying her eyes out in the bathroom, thanks to you."

"Me? Lame?" Chloe yells back.

"Hey, hey, everyone chill out. You're right." Marinette then whispers something to Ivan. "But fighting isn't going to bring Mylene back. I'm the producer and I'm going to do everything in my power to finish filming tonight."

"The deadline for the for the short film is tomorrow evening in precisely twenty-six hours, fifteen minutes, and fourteen- thirteen seconds from now." Max announces. "Thank you, Max. We still have editing, post-sound, sound track."

"Who's gonna take Mylene's part?" Adrien asked. "Um. Me, of course." Chloe stood up. Alya rushed to her holding out the film script. "You haven't even read the script."

"Of course I have. The first scene anyway. I can even tell you that it ends with a kiss between Agent Smith and Officer Jones." Chloe walked up to the same desk Adrien sat on, leaning into him. "I didn't write that." Alya remarked, confused about there being a kissing scene.

"Uh... I wrote it. It was just a little tweak, y'know to move the story forward." Nino made shy eye contact with Alya, worries about what she'd say. Alya angrily walked up to him pointing fingers. "What? You edited my script without even telling me?! That's low!"

"Who cares who wrote what. We've got to film this thing right?" Chloe interrupted, stealing a juice cup from Adrien and drinking it.

You definitely weren't going to be doing Chloe's makeup. Not that she'd allow you to do it anyway. Mylene's makeup was a piece of cake, with no complaints, and very few touch ups.

"We can't just let Mylene leave. It's wrong. We all chose her to play the leading female role, and we're all in this movie together. She needs our support. I'm gonna find her and bring her back." Marinette defending Mylene proudly. Surely she didn't want Chloe to play the lead role. It was obvious she was only excited or hoping for the kiss with Adrien.

"Always trying to save the day, aren't you, Marinette? Good luck finding that filthy hole thay scaredy-cat's hiding it" Chloe said with a mocking smile. Marinette glared at her before walking out the classroom. You stood up, walking towards the door.

"Where're you going?" Alya asked. You put your head on the door handle turning it. "I'm going to go help Marinette, of course." Alya looked shocked but happy. "Yeah, yeah, yeah! Go help her!" She then pushed you out the door closing it behind you.

Marinette was halfway down the stair, stopping when you called out to her. You sped down the steps reaching the same one she were on. "Uhh... I thought I could help you, y'know. I haven't done much anyway." Her lips were slightly parted, blush spread lightly across her face. She quickly nodded her head looking the opposite direction of you.

"I'm sorry about everything. Being producer and all must be stressful. Especially now with Chloe trying to be lead." You semi-whispered the last part, causing her to softly laugh and sigh. "Yeah, I guess it's kinda getting to me; I just hope we get Mylene back." You nodded.

"If not, maybe you could probably play lead." You remarked, smirking at her. Her eyes widened, face becoming more red than before. "W-what? Me? No... I-I couldn't. The kiss and... I don't- I don't know."

You nudged her shoulder giving her a sweet smile. "Adrien would be lucky to kiss a pretty girl like you, Marinette." Marinette was full blown bright red, looking like she were about to explode. You hadn't even realized what you said, until seeing Marinette's reaction. Talking without thinking came naturally to you, even in the worse of situations, like this. "I- is it hot in here, or- wow- it's just so-" Marinette was a stuttering mess, fanning herself with her hands to somewhat cool herself off.

You let out a quiet laugh. "I'm sorry, if that made you uncomfortable or anything. But um- I understand if you wouldn't want to do the kiss. Especially in front of a whole classroom and everything, probably would be uncomfortable."

Marinette took a deep breath, still refusing to make eye contact. "No, no, no. It's okay! Not I'm uncomfortable- I mean I'm not uncomfortable. You didn't make me uncomfortable. Q-quite the opposite, a-actually."

You smiled at that, thankful to have not messed anything up. Finally walking in the locker room you called out to Mylene. No reply. Marinette opened the girls bathroom first, walking in. "Mylene?" You followed after her.

There was a mirror covered in what looked like pink goo. Marinette reached up, touching the goo with her finger. Both you and Marinette shared a look of concern. "Uh-"

"Marinette! [Y/N]!" Alya ran in the bathroom catching your attention. "Did you guys fine Mylene?"  She asked.

"No." Marinette replied sadly. "Well, you've got to come asap, producer. Their about start shooting with Chloe!"

You, Marinette, and Alya, burst back in the classroom interrupting Chloe's pathetic attempt at kissing Adrien. "Cut!" Marinette frowned. Nino pushed through Chloe and Adrien up to Chloe. "Marinette, what gives? We're in the middle of a shoot and I'm the director, fyi. I say "cut", no-one else, comprende?"

"And I'm the producer. Mylene's supposed to be the star of this movie." Marinette fought back. While they bickered, you snuck back into your seat, holding your head up with your hands. Alix hopped into the seat next to you sitting in the same position you were.

"What a movie." She said boredly. You hummed. "Tell me about it. Today's been full of Mylene getting scared, and arguing." Alix laughed a little.

You brought your attention back to the arguing group, Marinette being the one talking. "This movie's a team effort. Your nurse idea is perfect, Chloe." Chloe rolled her eyes. "Of course it's a perfect idea because it's mine."

"But Chloe, you don't have a uniform." Marinette blinked at her. Chloe gasps. "Right! Which is why that idea was never believable in the first place."

"I think you and your assistant should go to the nurse's office and try on some uniforms." Marinette led her to the door. Chloe snapped her fingers calling for Kim and Max. "You've just been promoted to wardrobe and bodyguard."

Once the four (Sabrina left with them too, of course) left the room, Nino put his hands on his hips. "Way to go, Miss producer. Now we have no lead again."

"Yeah, but now we've just gotten rid of Chloe." Marinette smirked. Nino continued frowning and looking frustrated. "And now what?"

"We go find Mylene. She's here somewhere." Marinette gestured outside the classroom. Nino waved his finger in front of Marinette's face. "I told you, tick-tok, there's no time. We need a lead, now."

"What about [Y/N]?" Rose suggested, looking as innocent as she always does. "I think her and Adrien would be cute together." You eyes widened, having almost a look of terror on your face. "Woah, woah, woah. I can't do that. I'm already doing makeup. Also, Adrien and I are just friends." Everyone went silent, looking between you and Adrien; who was definitely zoned off into his own world staring at the ground with thoughtless eyes. "How about Marinette?" You raised your arms at her as if you were presenting her.

"What? No! I can't act. I'm the producer." Alya pulled Marinette aside talking to her for a few seconds. When they turned around Marinette nodded her head agreeing to play the leading roll. You smiled at that, walking up to her.

"Hey, I'm glad you decided to play the lead, it's pretty cool. Um.. I can do some little makeup touch ups, if you'd like?" Alya gave Marinette a thumbs up "sneakily" walking away from you two. "O-oh, yes!"

You grabbed her wrist pulling her to where your seat was, with all the makeup on it. "Okay..." you mumbled, picking up a blush brush, putting a tiny amount on it and dusting her cheeks with her. Her face was already red, if anything she probably needed a toner so she wasn't as blushy. You picked up a small lipstick, (ones you get as a sample or freebie) hesitantly grabbing her chin to tilt her head at an angle to view her lips. Immediately, you could tell her breathing became heavier along with her swallowing thickly. You dabbed the lipstick on her lips, so it only had a light red tint. She rubbed her lips together so it spread evenly, your hand still holding her chin. Her lips parted, letting out a shaky breath. When you looked up from her lips, her glossy eyes were looking down at yours. You brushed your thumb lightly over her cheek, bringing her eyes back to yours. "You're so beautiful." You dragged your thumb from her cheek to her chin letting go of her face.

"I..." She started, unfortunately getting cut of my Nino.

"Time to shoot, dudes! We don't have all day!" You and Marinette snapped out of your dreamlike trances, clearing your throat and now unable to hold eye contact with her.

"Um- thank you!" She walked away before you could say anything back.

"Ready to roll? Camera... action!" The camera started rolling, Marinette saying her lines followed by Adrien. Just as they were leaning into each other, Chloe bursts through the door. "Cut!" Nino groaned, cutting off the camera. "I knew it! Well played, Marinette. All that speech on working together, then you stab me right in the back! Well, your stupid movie won't get into the festival if I'm not in it, because my daddy is one of the judges!" A scared scream cut off Chloe's bratty speech.

"Did you guys hear that?" Adrien asked. Marinette pushed through Chloe walking by the window to peak out the room. "If this is another one of your silly plots to get me out of the way you can forget it, besides i-" another horrific scream came from outside the classroom.

"I definitely heard that. We'd better scope this out." Everyone ran out the classroom, Marinette leading the way. "Hey! Anybody here? Kim? Max? Where are you guys?" Adrien called out. Walking over to where Marinette was, there were small puddles of the same pink goo you saw in the restroom. "Me and [Y/N] saw the same pink goo in the restroom." You nodded when everyone looked at you as if asking if it were true. Kim's sweat wristband laid on the floor next to the gooey substance. "They've vanished!" Nathaniel yelled.

"Or they're playing a sick joke on us." Alya suggested. "We should go to principle Damocles office and tell him what's going on. Nino, cmon, stop filming."

"Not a chance. This is just getting good." You tried sneaking away; that, of course, did not work. Nino pointed his camera towards you. "Yo, [Y/N], where you going?" Nino asked.

You turned around giving Nino and the camera an innocent smile. "I left my phone back in the classroom. If something it really going on I was my mom to be aware, just in case, y'know." Nino gave you a thumbs up leaving you be. You went back to the classroom while everyone else went the opposite direction, thankfully.

When you walked back in the classroom you turned around being sure no one was around. Plagg flew out your "shared" fanny pack looking at you confused as you took off a noticeable piece of clothing on you. "What are you doing?"

You threw it on the floor looking back at Plagg. "So they think I've gone missing too."

"Plagg, Claws out!" You transformed into your alter ego, then ran out the classroom while no one was around. As you walked out, the entire school was covered in the pink goo top to bottom. No matter what you did the goo wouldn't budge.

"We've got to calmly evacuate the building, okay everyone?" Ladybug said. You appeared just behind her, leaning against the door frame.

"No. It's not that easy, Ladybug." Nino gasped. "Double legit!"

"I tried to cut through it but it's totally indestructible. Everything I did wouldn't work." You informed. "So, it looks like we're trapped in the school for now. Just stay put and try to relax. Shall we?" You wrapped your arms around Ladybug's shoulder walking away from the group.

"We both know that hawkmoth has taken another victim somewhere in this school." You said. "There's only one way to get rid of this pink goo and get everyone out of here. Capture that victims akuma."

"Exactly, you really know how to read my mind." You winked. Ladybug had an almost guilty look on her face, scratching the back of her neck. "We'd better fine this thing first and its prisoners."

You gasped dramatically. "Woah! You just did it again!" You shortly laughed. Nino snuck up behind you recording both you and Ladybug. "Don't mind me, finding the missing peeps, solving this crazy mystery with Catwoman and Ladybug! This movie's gonna be so swank." Ladybug walked away from you and Nino to lead the group away.

Nino stayed behind still holding the camera to you. "Catwoman! Wow! I'm like- such a big fan!" Nino semi-whispered. You giggled giving the camera a big smile and wave. "Why thank you, Nino. It's an honor." Nino started fanning his face giggling like a kid seeing their crush.

Ladybug pulled him away from you. "You too, Spielberg." Ladybug walked ahead of the group, while you stayed behind making sure one trailed off. That was until Ladybug called you to walk up front with her.

You were back in the classroom where your bait was left for the group. "There!" Ladybug pointed.

"Does anyone know who that belongs to?" You asked, sure not to sound suspicious.

"That's [Y/N]'s!" Adrien said, his eyes widening. Ladybug picked the clothing up. "That's weird, theres no pink slime."

"Yes, there is- AH." Nathaniel yelled getting pulled in or by the teachers desk. Everyone backed up from the desk as it shook. A giant horrific looking monster popped out the desk holding Nathaniel with its tail. "Everyone get to somewhere safe!"

The monster grew bigger somehow while everyone ran away. The only person who stayed behind was Juleka, who looked amazed at the creature. The monster roared at Juleka, still Juleka was unfearful. It shrunk when Juleka hadn't gotten scared at it. Ladybug ran to save Juleka almost getting trapped in its pink goo.

"Ew. What's your name, Drool-ator?" Nino apparently didn't run away with the group, of course he didn't. He stood right behind you recording the whole interaction. It tried spitting its goo at you, missing every shot. Ladybug pulled Nino away, standing by the front. "We'd better find where that akuma is hiding."

You shook your head. "I don't see anything but the goo." It spit a large amount of goo at you three knocking you off your feet. Ladybug was able to push Nino out the way before he could get hurt or trapped. The monster jumped on the floor after you. "Help!" Nathaniel yelled, still being held by the monsters tail.

It looked at the group scared in the corner, seeming to grow at their fear. "Fear, it's fear that give it its strength."

It spit lots of goo towards Ladybug allowing you to come in while it was distracted. Well, just as you were about to hit it, it spit its goo at you trapping you against the fence.

It continued to grow at the groups fear. Using its other tail it grabbed Alix, but licked Ivan. It was definitely Mylene. "The more people are scared of it the more powerful it gets. By defeating fear, we defeat it."

"Yeah, but first we've got to get out of this stick situation quickly before it dries." You extended your staff so it'd stab the backboard behind Ladybug and break settings Ladybug free. Ladybug wrapped her yoyo around your staff pulling you down.

The room the monster has just entered in was forced shut by its goo. "Did you see how it just left Ivan along?" Ladybug asked. You nodded. "Yes, I noticed. I think the monster must be Mylene."

The group ran up to you two. "Where are Sabrina and Chloe?" Alya asked. "We'll find them, don't worry. If we can find a way out of here." A familiar scream brought your attention towards one of the classrooms. You kicked the door open, no one was inside. "We're too late."

There was a big puddle of pink goo in the middle of the room. "But look, we can track the monster." Everyone followed the puddles of goo, til it reached the pipe room of the school. "Oh, yeah, I'm so amped!" Nino threw his fist in the air. "Why don't you turned your amped down to about a four, yeah?"

"Oh, sorry."

Ladybug opened the door and everyone raced into the room. "Anybody in here?" Ladybug called.

"Ladybug, it's me! Chloe Bourgeois!"

"Don't worry, we'll get you out of here." Ladybug replied. "Well hurry it up already!"

"Is everyone here?" You asked. There were a bunch of muffled yeses throughout the room. Ladybug called almost everyone's name making sure there was a reply from them. "[Y/N]?!" She yelled.

Your eyes widened, ducking behind one of the goo statues. "I'm okay!" You said with a lower voice than usual. "Is Marinette okay?" You called, still being [Y/N]. "Yeah, we've got everyone."

"Just try and calm down, we'll get you out of there." The monster came out of its hiding spot, towering over Ladybug. You threw a chuck of its own goo at it, distracting it from Ladybug. It spat at you so close to trapping you once again. You could hear ladybug call for her lucky charm the mumble to herself.

You ran away from the monster growing frustrated at the amount of times its spat goo at you. "Alright. Enough's enough. Cataclysm!" You jumped on the second level, dragging your hands over the pipes so they'd fall and trap the monster. It roared angrily.

You landed next to the group, each holding a item. Instruments I guess you could call them, sense Ladybug said we were to sing. "Sing? That's what we're going to do?" You asked.

"The only way to get through this is to get you fear under control. You all know smelly wolf don't you?"

"Smelly wolf? Seriously?" Ladybug held up a trash can top holding it out to you. "Care to join us?"

You made yourself a mini drum set, splitting your staff in half and using it as the sticks. You did a little test hitting each item in your set. "Okay, everyone, one, two, thee, four!"

"Smelly wolf, Smelly wolf, trapped in a stinky hut." Ladybug was the only one to sing the first line, you and the rest of the group joining after that. "Smelly wolf, Smelly wolf, I'm gonna kick your..."

"Smelly wolf, Smelly wolf, stinky breath and slimes drool. Smelly wolf, Smelly wolf, you're just a silly..."

The monster shrunk more and more the more you sang. You hit the last beat of your drum when the monster was the size of a puppy. It ran into Ivan's arms. "That's the button I gave Mylene."

"That's where the akuma is." Ladybug smiled, pulling the pin off the monster. She broke it quickly opening her yoyo to purify it.

"No more evil-doing for you, little akuma. Time to de-evilise. Gotcha! Bye bye, little butterfly. Miraculous Ladybug!"

Everything transformed back to normal, you held you fist out for Ladybug. "Pound it!"

Mylene and Ivan held hands lovingly. Nino, of course, was still recording; recorded the entire battle as a matter of fact. Mylene jumped up to kiss Ivan, him returning the kiss.

. . . - 🐾

"We didn't make the cut! He said the monster was a horrible replica, no joke!" Nino frowned. "Don't worry bud, this is how all movie directors start." Adrien tried cheering Nino up.

"Yeah! Besides, at least you still got to spend the time with Catwoman and Ladybug, so lucky!" You complained.

Nino smiled proudly. "You're right, [Y/N]! Maybe I can get Catwoman and Ladybug to come back and film again!" Everyone laughed at Nino and his pride.

"Definitely."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 2K 50
When Adrien goes in search of someone to talk to, he is surprisingly welcomed as his superhero Cat Noir side into the Dupain-Cheng household, leading...
109K 2.5K 26
Adrien had gotten into one of the biggest arguments he had ever had with his father, leading him to run from his home as his alter ego, Chat Noir. Th...
457 45 15
Many years ago there was a group of superheroes that fought villains, till one of their loved ones got hit and got very sick, he was so desperate to...
42.4K 711 23
After the appearance of Glaciator, a new Akuma has created a whirlwind of emotions that will either bring Ladybug and Cat Noir together or tear them...