my darling violet

By busy_reading07

violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole li... More

little info
characters
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Character 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's question
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102

chapter 1

18.8K 233 52
By busy_reading07

Violets pov

The first thing that I can feel when I wake up is my aching body from my dearest mother and father. They really did a number on me, I'm pretty sure I have three broken ribs and I have bruises all over my body.

I quickly shut off my 5 am alarm before one of the monsters "my parents" hear and wake up. I slowly get off my bed which is just a little blanket and a really old pillow on the cold hard floor of the basement, I make my way over to the tiny little stack of clothes on the ground and take a pair of jeans, a shirt and a jumper plus some underwear and run up the creaky basement stairs into the actual house and then run up another set of stairs to get to the bathroom upstairs.

I try my best to be quiet when I move around the house because I know that if I somehow wake up the monsters I will get another beating and I don't think my body can take more than one a day now. after successfully getting into the bathroom I turn away from the mirror and undress before getting into the freezing cold shower, the monsters say that a worthless, ugly brat like me shouldn't get hot water so they turn it off.

After standing in the shower trying to get as much blood off as possible, I get out and dry myself, then put on my clothes, do my hair and make sure all my bruises are covered with make-up and run downstairs to clean all the bear bottles and all the cigarette buds off the broken coffee table. Which is kind of useless because the house still smells like drugs and alcohol with a faint smell of blood and yes, it's my blood. The next thing I have to do before they wake up is make them breakfast, like their grown-ass people why the hell are they getting their 15-year-old daughter to make them food. I just make them a simple breakfast – two sausages with scrambled eggs each.

Just as I put the food on plates and put them down on the counter, I hear them walking near the kitchen, looking at the clock I realize that I'm supposed to be out the door now. slightly running over to where my bag is leaning against the wall, I try to grab my bag and leave but am pulled back by my hair and slammed hard into the floor.

"What the hell are you doing?" Mother dearest yells in my face, I don't answer because that's one of the rules- don't speak unless spoken to, or in my case just don't speak.

This seemed to have pissed off my amazing parents more because suddenly, my head is slammed against the floor again and I'm getting kicked in the ribs and stomach, I try not to make a sound but somehow every blow to my ribs and stomach is on a bruise making it infinitely harder and every time they kick me a let out a little groan.

"Your mother asked you a question" my father yelled. I decide that maybe I should speak so I try to come up with something fast that won't make them angrier.

"I was just going to leave for school" I say as innocent and pleadingly as possible. They seem to be angry but also want me to be long gone so let's hope they let me go

"Well hurry your pathetic ass up and go, we don't want another call from the principal do we?" Mother says in her oh we sweet and caring tone. Note the sarcasm.

nodding, I quickly go to stand up but am abruptly pulled back down with a kick to my back. looking behind me my father is standing there with a sneer on his face looking down at me. 

knowing what is coming next from so many past experiences I curl in on myself and try to go somewhere else mentally, getting ready to be hurt more. 

it doesn't stop anything though, I can still feel every time he kicks me, still hear everything degrading he says in between those kicks. I still somehow end up counting how many kicks I get and where they are so I can check for bleeding later, something I learnt to do growing up. 

after twenty more kicks to my back, he leaves me on the phone, both of us panting. I don't waste a second getting out of the house, ignoring all of the pain that I am used to feeling. I grab my bag which is still against the wall untouched and start making the 20-minute walk to my second hell, aka high school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 16.3K 53
Kalina never knew much about her family, only that she had brothers, a mother and a father who never wanted her. After the abuse her mother put her t...
Bleeding Heart By ...

General Fiction

16.6K 307 19
Amalia has experienced more pain in her 16 years of life than many others do. Her life has always been filled with hurt, pain, hopelessness But one d...
6.2M 161K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...
2.3M 58K 35
6 older overprotective brothers. No parents. First year of high school that more than half her brothers go to. What can go wrong? Especially when sh...