Guardian's Amulet: Tanwen's E...

By Marisstina

In the enchanting tale of "Guardian's Amulet: Tanwen's End," meet Ayla, a brave and spirited sixteen-year-old... More

Prologue✓
Chapter 1 - The Start Of A Journey✓
Chapter 2 - A Threat✓
Chapter 3 - Zaya✓
Chapter 4 - A New look✓
Chapter 5 - Where it All began✓
Chapter 6 - A Team Together✓
Chapter 7 - Trouble✓
Chapter 8 - Comfort✓
Chapter 9 - Dragons✓
Chapter 10 - Water✓
Chapter 11 - Bush boy✓
Chapter 12 - Volcano✓
Chapter 13 - Wind✓
Chapter 15 - Plan Y✓
Chapter 16 - Feelings✓
Chapter 17 - Trust✓
Chapter 18 - Escape✓
Chapter 19 - Lord's Cloud✓
Chapter 20 - Southern Continent✓
Chapter 21 - Verboten Valley✓
Chapter 22 - Unicorns✓
Chapter 23 - Magic Practice✓
Chapter 24 - Happy✓
Chapter 25 - Fight Practice✓
Chapter 26 - Field Talks✓
Chapter 27 - Okizari✓
Chapter 28 - Lover boy✓
Chapter 29 - Numb✓
Chapter 30 - A Captive's Thoughts✓
Chapter 31 - Talila✓
Chapter 32 - Final Battle✓
Chapter 33 - The End Of It All✓
Epilogue✓

Chapter 14 - Separate ways✓

41 17 2
By Marisstina

Everything was overcast, and the winds were picking up. Winds so strong that you can hardly stand; palm trees bending over, branches breaking off. Trees and plants sprung from the ground, and some of them joined us in the hurricane. Water was splattering all over the place.

My eyelids fluttered open; I was circling in the hurricane, which was not a pleasant situation. I couldn't tell if I was floating or falling. It was difficult to tell because I am becoming increasingly dizzy. I grabbed a floating or falling tree trunk, not the finest of ideas, but then again, none of my ideas are excellent.

I need to get on the ground as soon as possible, but first I need to locate the rest of the group.

"Ryoko! Tatsuya! Kaida! Krios! Wyvern! Scylla! Dalinda?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I'm aware that they're probably not hearing me. The hurricane suddenly disintegrated in a matter of seconds, and the next thing I know, I'm falling swiftly.

I landed in a large pond that wasn't particularly soft. I scraped a few places and thought I broke my wrist, but it looks and feels good. So, where am I now? I rose up and took a glance around.

I saw my bag in the distance, and fish surrounded it. I strolled over to my bag, and the fish went their separate ways. I walked over the land and observed a city in the distance; perhaps the rest of the gang is staying at an inn there for the time being.

As I looked down at my soaking clothes, I realized I should go there as well and change my clothes. I began my journey to an unfamiliar city. When I arrived in town, I took a look around. There were numerous market stalls. I finally found a place to stay while I'm here.

.........

Oh, my head... My eyelids immediately open to see that I am lying in bed. My arm is now in a sling and my head is bandaged. I jumped to my feet and peered around the room. My jewelry is next to me on the desk. I snatched it with my strong arm and slipped it on. What am I doing? A small child entered through the open door.

"Oh, you're awake," she commented.

"Mommy, the guest is awake!" She screamed at her mother. The girl took the chair adjacent to the desk, drew it up near the bed, and sat.

"I was worried that you wouldn't wake up." She went on to say.

"Yasmine! You shouldn't holler because you might scare our visitors." Her mother said as she entered the room holding a bowl.

"I apologize for the noise. "How are you feeling?" She inquired with real concern.

"Yes, I'm fine; thank you for your assistance." "However, I do have a question," I say.

"Go ahead," she said.

"What exactly happened?" I inquired.

"A few hours ago, there was a flash hurricane, which we don't get very often here." As she untied the bandage on my head, she said. Oh, I was swept away in a hurricane, separated from the group, and then blacked out from all the spinning.

"And then you just fell out of the sky!" Yasmine screamed.

"Yasmine, please stop yelling!" Her mother chastised her.

"Well, we heard a loud thud in our backyard," the wife explained while cleaning the wound.

"I looked outside the window and found you dead," Yasmine said.

"He was not dead, but he was unconscious," her mother explained.

"And you were laying on the ground on your back," she remarked as she bandaged my head once more.

"I found this," Yasmine remarked, holding my bag up.

"Thank you for all your help, madam," I said as I got out of bed.

"Don't mention it, uhh" she stopped.

"Ryoko," I introduce myself.

"I think I should get going; I don't want to overstay my welcome," I laughed as I approached Yasmine. She handed my luggage to me.

"Let me walk you out," said Yasmine's mother. Yasmine followed us out the door as we walked. We finally made it to the front door.

"Thank you again," I said, smiling.

"No problem, but just one question?" She laughed.

"Go ahead," I said.

"How did you get up here," she inquired.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"I mean, you don't look like you're from around here." She responded.

"No, I'm not from here, but could you please explain what you mean by 'up here?'" I inquired.

"I mean the Sky City," she said. If being caught in a hurricane and isolated from your group isn't horrible enough, I AM IN THE SKY.

"I should get going, but is there an inn nearby?" I inquired. She pushed open the door for me. "Yes, take that path; it should take about 20 minutes." She remarked this while pointing across the street.

"Thank you, goodbye," I said as I waved to Yasmine and her mother.

.........

THUD! I crashed on the ground after taking such a tremendous hit. I stepped up just to fall back down; I believe I twisted my ankle, dislocated my shoulder, and grazed a couple of spots. I hustle to get to my bag, which is immediately next to me. Most of my belongings were broken, and my first aid kit was lost in the fall.

"Ugh, I hate having to go fishing; why can't Yasmine?" A voice mumbles, jolting me out of my reverie. I look around and see that I'm near a river, so I run to find somewhere to hide. Only to trip on a tree root a few seconds later.

"Hello? "Is anyone here?" A boy's voice inquired. My legs were nestled against my rib cage. From behind the tree, I noticed he was holding a fishing rod and a bucket on his left. He took a look around. I swiftly ran away.

"Hello, my name is Kano; how about you?" I was met by the boy. I turned around to find a boy with a curious expression.

"Hi, my name is Kaida," I said. I try to get up by leaning against the tree. This time, I was able to endure. I raised my leg with the twisted ankle. The child gave me an odd look and tilted his head.

"Twisted ankle and dislocated shoulder," I gently explained. He simply nodded. I struggled to get my purse by bending down.

"Do you want help?" He inquired, then took my luggage and handed it over. I'm sure he noticed my struggle. I nodded, but he swiftly walked away. There was no use in assisting if you were going to abandon me here. Sighing, I flopped back onto the earth.

"I am back," he exclaimed in between breaths. Kano had some bandages and some antibacterial spray on hand.

"Give me your ankle," he instructed. I moved my leg closer to him. He sprayed disinfectant on my leg. In anguish, I winced. He tied the bandages around my ankle.

"I think that should hold for a few hours," Kano said. He rose to his feet and offered his hand.

"Grab on," he advised. I did what he said, and he hauled me up with my strong arm.

"Thank you," I said. I leaned against a tree for support.

"Not a problem, but if you don't mind me asking, how did you get here?" Kano inquired. If I told him, he would think I'm insane.

"... It's a long story," I explained.

"Perhaps you can tell me the story on the way back to town," Kano exclaimed.

"What?" I inquired.

"I mean, you're hurt, so the best thing to do is get you somewhere where you can properly heal," Kano stated.

"Plus, it's gonna take a while to get back to the city," he said, picking up his fishing pole from the ground and handing it to me.

"Use this to help you walk better," Kano instructed. I pulled the stick from his grip and began to stroll about. It was strong enough to walk with.

"Hey, wait up for me," Kano exclaimed. He dashed off to collect his bucket and fishing rod. "Follow me," he said. He showed me the way.

"This is the quickest way back to town, but it takes at least three hours by foot." He said something. I let out a long sigh. This will be a very long voyage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

897K 30.6K 109
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
126K 3.5K 25
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
15.8K 698 92
I make a lot of these, so I thought why not share them? Hope you like them! ©VastDelusion 2017
87.5K 1 1
Trelidor reigns, and the heirs of Revera fight back from the shadows. After spending six months in a coma, Nahlia has exiled herself to the eastern l...